June 16, 2024, 10:25:04 AM

Author Topic: Eve to call up Hyland, Molino for U-23s.  (Read 2965 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Eve to call up Hyland, Molino for U-23s.
« on: June 18, 2011, 05:23:50 AM »
Eve to call up Hyland, Molino for U-23s.
T&T Guardian Reports.

National Under-23 (Olympic Team) coach Angus Eve says he will call on overseas-based duo Khaleem Hyland and Kevin Molino for this country’s Caribbean Football Union Olympic Qualifiers next month in Dominica.

Hyland who plays for Belgium club Zulte Waregem and Molino of Orland City Lions in the USA were both coached by Eve during the early stages of their careers at Adams’ Construction San Juan Jabloteh.

The young Soca Warriors will come up against host Dominica, Netherlands Antilles and Grenada from July 20-24 in their Group B qualifiers with the winner advancing to the Concacaf Finals in USA next year towards the qualify for the London 2012 Olympics.

Eve, a former national team captain, took over the responsibility of coach from Zoran Vranes after serving as an assistant coach alongside Clint Marcelle for the past few months.

Now charged with the responsibility of getting the T&T Under-23 squad ready ready for the qualifiers, Eve said he’s welcoming the challenge with open arms as the team continues to train three days per week at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Training Field, Mucurapo.

In addition to Marcelle who played professional in Europe for more than a decade in Portugal and England, Eve has former national defender and Joe Public coach Derek King as his assistants.

With respect to his final squad, Eve said, “More or less we have an idea of what the squad will look like for the competition but we have a couple spaces still opened.

I want the guys to push themselves to the limit and as such we have players still competing against others for particular positions.

“I am also looking at the possibility of including two overseas-based players in Hyland and Molino because I’m taking nothing for granted in this first round.”

Grenada booted T&T out of the last Olympic qualifiers at the Marvin Lee Stadium, Macoya and has also qualified ahead of the Soca Warriors for the ongoing Concacaf Gold Cup as well as defeated T&T in the 2008 Digicel Caribbean Cup.

With regards to Grenada Eve said, “We haven’t particularly dealt well with Grenada at the regional tournaments. They also knocked us out of the last Olympic qualifiers.

I have the experience of being a player both in Olympic and World Cup qualifiers and the most difficult games to play are in the qualifiers because it’s all about getting results in order to qualify.

You find that in the tournament itself, once you’ve qualified, all the teams make a greater attempt to play good, attractive football.

“Right now we have an excellent bunch of players in training and it’s a case of trying to get them to play with the right intensity.

We’ve been looking at how the other teams are playing, especially at the Gold Cup and you realize the difference with the Caribbean teams like Grenada and Guadeloupe compared to rest of Concacaf,” Eve added.

The former Joe Public and Chester City player said he felt privileged to be given the responsibility of preparing the Olympic team. “It’s a great honour being someone who has played for country for such a long time to now step into the coaching ranks.

It’s a massive opportunity for me, especially seeing the way the Federation has gone before with regards to giving foreign coaches the top positions with the national teams.

I feel honoured to lead my country into a qualification campaign for a tournament which we’ve never qualified for. It’s a great opportunity for me and for other local coaches to show our potential,” Eve ended.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Eve to call up Hyland, Molino for U-23s.
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2011, 01:26:03 PM »
For some reason i like this fella's vibe. i've met him ah couple of times @ the games and he seem to have a thorough knowledge of today's game, he's also very pleasant and sociable.

unlike latas and pancho, yuh damn right not tuh take grenada lightly, bring in all yuh big guns and start blasting from start to finish! fack dat sh!t! we want all we best players! yuh doh ever see england playing no kinda qualifiers with no damn B team, is all they big guns they does bring just to play san morino, that's where latas and pancho went seriously wrong..
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2011, 05:19:01 AM »
What about Jake Thomson, Robert Primus, Kyle Bethel, Krisitan Lee-Him, Greg Ranjitsingh and Javed Mohammed ?

Come Eve, dont be like the rest of them other coaches.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2011, 07:49:50 AM »
What about Jake Thomson, Robert Primus, Kyle Bethel, Krisitan Lee-Him, Greg Ranjitsingh and Javed Mohammed ?

Well I was thinking about Thompson and Primus but ah didn't know bout Lee-Him and Ranjitsingh,I also thought that Mohammed was pass the age of 23.I hope Eve does contact the best players and dont do like Latapy.TT must take a look at Jamaica,they are always mobilising there best players no matter who they play.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2011, 08:09:13 AM »

Well I was thinking about Thompson and Primus but ah didn't know bout Lee-Him and Ranjitsingh,I also thought that Mohammed was pass the age of 23.I hope Eve does contact the best players and dont do like Latapy.TT must take a look at Jamaica,they are always mobilising there best players no matter who they play.

Krisitan Lee-Him, Greg Ranjitsingh  could not even make the last under 20 squad is robert primus in trinidad btw ? plus are not required to release players for under 23 competition  ...
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2011, 08:53:26 AM »
Krisitan Lee-Him, Greg Ranjitsingh  could not even make the last under 20 squad is robert primus in trinidad btw ? plus are not required to release players for under 23 competition  ...

Who tell you they couldn't make the team ?

They were told that the federation cannot afford to bring in any foreign players.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline dnice1

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2011, 09:21:23 AM »
Inaddition to Flex comment.
The coach/management told them that they wanted to give the players who are close to the 20 yr limit a chance to experience the competition. Kristian and Greg are still eligible for the 2013 U-20.. As far as be able to compete, I think they will be able to prove themselves, Both are off to NCAA Div 1 schools ( App State and Mercer), they currently play in the men OSL Premier Division (top amateur division) for Sigma FC  . I know most forum members are not too particular with NCAA, but choices are TFC (waste/unstable) or CSL (semi pro garbage).. 

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2011, 12:04:08 PM »

They were told that the federation cannot afford to bring in any foreign players.

Really ...  sorry  my bad  just made the assumption since they were never picked for colombia camp   squad  ...  So wait the federation did not pic U20 the best squad ....  >:(
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 02:49:12 PM by Trini _2014 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2011, 01:57:24 PM »

Really ...  sorry  my bad  just made the assumption since they were never picked for colombia camp squad  squad  ...  So wait the federation did not pic U20 the best squad ....  >:(

They normally dont !!!!!!
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2011, 09:24:32 AM »
Inaddition to Flex comment.
The coach/management told them that they wanted to give the players who are close to the 20 yr limit a chance to experience the competition. Kristian and Greg are still eligible for the 2013 U-20.. As far as be able to compete, I think they will be able to prove themselves, Both are off to NCAA Div 1 schools ( App State and Mercer), they currently play in the men OSL Premier Division (top amateur division) for Sigma FC  . I know most forum members are not too particular with NCAA, but choices are TFC (waste/unstable) or CSL (semi pro garbage).. 

Just because yuh get a scholarship doh mean yuh could make the national U23 team.  I highly doubt they would and that is without seeing them.  App State and Mercer are neither top notch programs anyway.  Ah mean, ah glad fuh the kids but don't sell the kids in trini short.  If most of them had academics, they'd clearly get scholarships to at least App State and Mercer...
Arimian to meh heart

Offline dnice1

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2011, 09:50:12 AM »
You make a very good general point, I do not think they are selling T&T short, probably you should take a short look at what type of academy that they are linked with and its pedigree, the training and exposure to top class coaches.

http://www.sigma-sports.net/index.html
You see we make so many general assumptions (not accusing you), NCAA is not worth it, anybody can get in etc etc.. But it is a stepping stone.. You have to give them a chance..
For a fact, they both were recurited by top ten programs and had their choices but for very valid reasons they decided on those schools, probably you should look at the school and see what they recuited this year, some top 100 US prospects, the connection to Europe after graduation.. See there is always a bigger picture ...

App State and Mercer are truly not top 10, but they are highly competitive… a few Trinis are in that conference (DaSilva  and company at CoC, and another kid at Davidson)..in fact an old Trini made his name there from your home town (Andy Salandy)..
Do not get me wrong,, you do have a valid point, but until proven wrong, you ca't condem them as yet.

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2011, 10:12:24 AM »
You make a very good general point, I do not think they are selling T&T short, probably you should take a short look at what type of academy that they are linked with and its pedigree, the training and exposure to top class coaches.

http://www.sigma-sports.net/index.html
You see we make so many general assumptions (not accusing you), NCAA is not worth it, anybody can get in etc etc.. But it is a stepping stone.. You have to give them a chance..
For a fact, they both were recurited by top ten programs and had their choices but for very valid reasons they decided on those schools, probably you should look at the school and see what they recuited this year, some top 100 US prospects, the connection to Europe after graduation.. See there is always a bigger picture ...

App State and Mercer are truly not top 10, but they are highly competitive… a few Trinis are in that conference (DaSilva  and company at CoC, and another kid at Davidson)..in fact an old Trini made his name there from your home town (Andy Salandy)..
Do not get me wrong,, you do have a valid point, but until proven wrong, you ca't condem them as yet.

Dude I had a full ride option to App state and turned it down for a top 25 program at the time.  I know Andy Salandy and Joel Nesbitt and Carlos Lee (App State grads) are personal friends of mine. 

I don't think you understand how hard it is to make a national team, whether it be a youth or senior team.  I listen to a lot of people and the general perception is that I played at a high level in the US or wherever and one can make the trini team.  Not so fast please.  The US college scouts marvel at those 17, 18, 19 year olds in trini.  If not for academics we'd have a factory.  I am not saying these young men are not of quality, but you're asking a 18 year old kid to make a U23 team and that is very difficult.  Now if were 21 and played a couple of years in the NCAA and made conference or region teams and what not, I'd say they have a better chance.

All that said, for them to get the opportunity to train and possibly make the team, I've got no beef but at whose expense?
Arimian to meh heart

1]; } ?>