April 29, 2024, 10:45:05 AM

Author Topic: Email making the rounds down here  (Read 9002 times)

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Email making the rounds down here
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2011, 09:42:39 AM »
Do you know the process to do this? I could use the info...

Draft, not sure of the details, I'll enquire and pass on the info I receive...
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2011, 09:44:21 AM »
Look the legal way

http://www.ttps.gov.tt/Services/LicencetoCarryaFirearm/tabid/119/Default.aspx

Licence to Carry a Firearm    

Application to Carry a Firearm

You must be in possession of a valid Firearm User’s Licence issued by the Commissioner of Police to carry and use a firearm in Trinidad and Tobago.

Who can apply for a Licence?

How do I apply for a Licence?

What happens after an application is made?

Are there any associated fees?

Where can I find more information?

Who can apply for a Licence?
Any company, business group or individual can apply for a Firearm User’s Licence. You must be at least 25 years of age to apply.

How do I apply for a Licence?
The Firearm User’s Licence application process has two steps. First, you must obtain a Provisional Licence that authorises you to discharge a firearm at a specific shooting range for the purpose of training in the use of the firearm. You can obtain a copy of the Provisional Licence application form from the Firearms Section of the Trinidad and Tobago Police Service (TTPS) at the address at the bottom of this page. The form should be completed in accordance with the included instructions and returned, together with the following documents, to the TTPS Firearms Section.

Two passport-sized photographs of the applicant.

A Certificate of Character issued by the Commissioner of Police not less than three months prior to the date of application. Please follow the link at the end of this section for information on how to obtain a Certificate of Character.

A specimen of the signature of the person to whom the Licence is to be issued.
The Provisional Licence expires two months from the date of issue. You may apply for a Firearm User’s Licence once your Provisional Licence has expired. You can obtain a copy of the Firearm User’s Licence application form from the Firearms Section of TTPS. The form should be completed in accordance with the included instructions and returned, together with the following documents, to the TTPS Firearms Section.

Two passport-sized photographs of the applicant.

A Certificate of Character issued by the Commissioner of Police not less than three months prior to the date of application.

A specimen of the signature of the person to whom the Licence is to be issued.

A Certificate of Competence issued by a licensed firearms instructor.

What happens after an application is made?
All applications are processed by the TTPS with input, where necessary, from the Immigration Authority, Customs and Excise and the Industrial Inspection Supervisor. Applicants are notified within 15 business days of TTPS’s decision. If an application for a Licence is rejected, the applicant can appeal the TTPS’s decision through the Firearms Appeal Board. More information about the appeal process can be found by following the link below.

Appealing to the Firearms Appeal Board

Are there any associated fees?
There is no fee for a Provisional Licence or a Firearm User’s Licence.

Where can I find more information?
For more information, please contact the Firearms Section of the Trinidad and Tobago Police Service. You can also view the amendment Firearms (Amendment) Act 2004 .

The Firearms Section
Trinidad and Tobago Police Service
Police Administration Building
Corner of Edward and Sackville Streets
Port of Spain
Trinidad, West Indies
Tel. (868) 627-4140
Fax. (868) 623-2620
E-Mail:firearms@ttps.gov.tt
Opening hours: 8:30 am to 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday, except public holidays

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2011, 09:49:24 AM »
Who is authorized to carry a gun in T&T?   Or will permits make matters worse.  Because I can't see regular folks taking this much longer.  A good young fella go feel he need a gun to protect himself....bam trouble.   If the police cyah protect the people then make it easy for people to arm dey self. 

if that were to happen everyone would be walking around with a gun. trinidad will turn into a war zone.

the root of the problem is HOW are these guns coming into the country? you kill the root, you improve gun control within the country.

Yeah but that is a lot harder than leveling the playing field.
Time for ppl to start shootin back.

i know it is but we gotta start somewhere right? look i understand where yuh coming from, i too would do the same. if you threaten my life , i will threaten yours, simple as that.
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2011, 10:41:53 AM »
The victims speak out...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/D4-a5DANXpY&amp;feature=player_embedded" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/D4-a5DANXpY&amp;feature=player_embedded</a>

Chin trying to tell we that incidents like that doh happen by Movie Towne often but heself say in another report that he security manager didn't report this to him and was fired.  Ah wonder how many other incidents he security manager never report??.....steups!!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 10:44:17 AM by Brownsugar »
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2011, 11:04:31 AM »
"De man said 'boss, dem fellas gone arready enuh' "   :rotfl: :rotfl:

Sorry, but that part around 3:23 mins had me rollin.   Peong that also suggest that security was already aware of what happen... interpret that how you will.

Dat Roger Dwarika fella voice/accent real annoying boy.

Chin come off like ah real defensive tun tun there... "is she a gun expert??"

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2011, 11:17:33 AM »
In all fairness, revolvers have the make, model and calibre etched into the left side of the barrel and frame. So technically if yuh seein the gun from it's left side yuh could identify the gun.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2011, 01:34:09 PM »
Do they have grounds to sue?  I mean in the US if anything like that happen to you, it have over 1000 lawyers standing in line to run a mock.  Chin sounding like he doesn't need to be accountable.   Telling the woman she could move to Switzerland.  Complete disregard for people's rights which is always mirrored with disregard for people's safety.  Take their money.
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2011, 02:14:02 PM »
Chin come off like ah real defensive tun tun there... "is she a gun expert??"

Soldier inarticulate no arse...and lacking diplomacy bad bad.... A PR rep would do him good...
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2011, 02:22:55 PM »
saw the poster on FB. It is for real.
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2011, 11:56:28 PM »
Anybody know what's the grounds for using a firearm in self defense?  Does the gun need to be pointed at you or is plain sight enough? 

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2011, 12:08:17 AM »
Anybody know what's the grounds for using a firearm in self defense?  Does the gun need to be pointed at you or is plain sight enough? 

Typically in order to use deadly force you must be threatened with imminent death or serious bodily injury.  So no, just seeing the gun alone isn't a threat of "imminent death or SBI".  Having the gun pointed at you or words communicating such a threat should be sufficient to establish self-defense.

I always have to throw in the caveat that Trinidad kinda vaille-qui-vaille though... so who knows.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 11:32:10 AM by Bakes »

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2011, 08:53:42 AM »
2 held in 'MovieTowne' thefts
By —Gyasi Gonzales
Trinidad Express

Story Created: Jun 24, 2011 at 11:57 PM ECT
Story Updated: Jun 24, 2011 at 11:57 PM ECT

WESTERN Division detectives have arrested two men in connection with a spate of robberies near MovieTowne, Invaders Bay, over the last two weeks.

The suspects are said to be aged 32 and 48.

Police began investigating the thefts following reports that two people were almost car-jacked last Saturday night as they stopped at the traffic lights at the Audrey Jeffers Highway.

The near-victims escaped but within days embarked on an aggressive e-mail campaign, urging the management of MovieTowne to invest in more security. They also reported their ordeal to the St James Police.

A team of officers led by Insp Henry Dann began investigating the reports and on Wednesday arrested one of the men, aged 32, at his home in Cocorite.

The other suspect, aged 48, was arrested in the St James area, but police said they are unable to say where he is from since he "lived all over the place".

The two were still being questioned up to press time last night about the rest of their accomplices since the victims reported that more than two people were involved in the car-jack attempt.

Western Division detectives are continuing investigations.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2011, 09:45:02 AM »
Do they have grounds to sue?  I mean in the US if anything like that happen to you, it have over 1000 lawyers standing in line to run a mock.  Chin sounding like he doesn't need to be accountable.   Telling the woman she could move to Switzerland.  Complete disregard for people's rights which is always mirrored with disregard for people's safety.  Take their money.

lord this is hyperbole...but i understand what you trying to say.  as for mr chin all i will say is that pride goeth before a fall

Offline Preacher

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2011, 11:30:17 AM »

Typically in order to use deadly force you must threatened with imminent death or serious bodily injury.  So no, just seeing the gun alone isn't a threat of "imminent death or SBI".  Having the gun pointed at you or words communicating such a threat should be sufficient to establish self-defense.

I always have to throw in the caveat that Trinidad kinda vaille-qui-vaille though... so who knows.

Thanks

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2011, 02:20:52 PM »
By —Gyasi Gonzales
Trinidad Express

*smdh*

If people didn't start to make a setta fuss bout de incident, police woulda find dem?? Real friggin jokey people running this place yes!!!  Chin muss be threaten the Hot Shot Top CoP from Canada.....steups!!!

"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2011, 03:32:09 PM »
By —Gyasi Gonzales
Trinidad Express

*smdh*

If people didn't start to make a setta fuss bout de incident, police woulda find dem?? Real friggin jokey people running this place yes!!!  Chin muss be threaten the Hot Shot Top CoP from Canada.....steups!!!

I don't think these are the fellas from the robbery... but yuh point still valid.

Preacher... no probs  :beermug:

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2011, 01:35:00 PM »
Note the last paragraph  :beermug:

MovieTowne’s Derek Chin to open T&T to the world
An entertainment mecca
Published: Thu, 2011-07-07 19:55
Raphael John-Lall

Derek Chin, chairman of the three MovieTowne cineplexes, is working on another mega project: Streets of the World. “If you thought MovieTowne was great, this will be greater. My next project is worth $1 billion. The money is available and I am ready to go. This is behind MovieTowne in Invaders Bay where 80 acres of land is available. We will take the culture of a country and make streets out of them.” Chin announced his next billion-dollar project on June 22 at the Fourth Biennial International Conference on Business, Banking and Finance at the Hilton Trinidad hotel, St Ann’s. Chin gave more details at a follow-up interview on Monday at the Woodbrook office of his company, Telecom Systems (Trinidad) Ltd.

Although he originally budgeted the project to be less than $1 billion, the eventual cost will be much more. “We did the preliminary budget and the first budget came up to $780 million, but it’s going way past that.” Chin gave a breakdown of the budget. “We get approval for the lands. Then we have the infrastructure works, the drainage, the sewerage, the underground lines, electrical connections and utilities. The infrastructure works could cost a couple hundred million.” Add to those cost items planning and building. “Assuming the building is $1,200 per square feet, we have to come up with how many hundred thousand square feet it is and we multiply it by the $1,200 square feet. That could be a budget of $500 million. We are talking about building a city, after all.”

The employment benefits will be huge, said Chin, ever the entrepreneur, who only on June 29 formally opened Texas de Brazile at Fiesta Plaza, MovieTowne, Audrey Jeffers Highway. This restaurant and Ruby Tuesday are owned by the family company, Da Chin Enterprises. “I think we will generate 10,000 plus in direct employment. The construction is going to be massive,” he said. Chin is considering all financing options. “Right now, we are looking at floating a bond to seek the funding to do other things. There are foreign investors who like the idea and are willing to come to T&T and underwrite it. Some of them want to build the whole thing and just rent it out, but I don’t want to give up the local part of it.”

He is considering one serious investor from Venezuela who will provide funding for the project.
“At this time, I won’t give the name of this potential investor.” Venezuela is well known for the construction of huge malls. For instance, the five-level Sambil Mall in Caracas, Venezuela, is the fourth largest mall in Latin America.

Streets of the World
Derek Chin wants to take cultures from around the world and create a street after them. “There would be a Street of Mumbai, a Street of Hong Kong, a Street of the Middle East, a Street of Africa, and so on. There would be a fashion street for women. There would be a mini-carnival street, which (Carnival bandleader Brian) McFarlane would be involved in. These streets would be thematic streets.” There would be additional attractions, like horse and buggy. “Maybe from the (Queen’s Park) Savannah through Woodbrook straight to the Streets of the World, tourists would travel on them.”

Chin also has plans to develop a Carnival museum. “In 2011, what have we done with Carnival? We are still building a Grandstand in 2011. What is the legacy of Carnival? The answer to that is nothing. Let’s build a Carnival museum in wax. Bring them out and show the world all the eras of Carnival.” He said a tourists coming off a ship could spend two hours and spend US$50 looking at T&T’s Carnival.
He wants the Streets of the World project to be an entertainment mecca that would draw tourists from all over. “We are going to create this little mecca, so there would be MovieTowne, Streets of the World, Carnival and everything else in one. We will take T&T and make it a great tourist destination. “In the rest of the Caribbean, you see sailing, cricket and other things. Yet in T&T, we are not selling the country.”

Bureaucracy
Chin has met with the Prime Minister and many government ministers seeking approval for this project.
Before Christmas 2010, he had a meeting with the Transport Minister Jack Warner, Foreign Affairs Minister Suruj Rambachan, and other ministers, at the Prime Minister’s Office. They all supported his plans. “I have been lobbying the Government for a year now, even before the elections. I sent in the preliminary sketches about the concept; I met 19 Cabinet ministers over the last six months. The next minister I am meeting is Bhoe Tewarie, Minister of Planning. He wants to see me. I also met with Jearlean John, Udecott chairman. She also loves it, but that was three to four months ago.

“So I continue to develop in terms of the architecture, the financial aspect, providing the proper models, so it reaches a stage when I make a formal presentation, it will be in a completed form. Up to when I met the ministers a few months ago, I was still developing the plan.” He even enlisted the help of Jim Garber, an American architect designer, who has done work for Disney World. Garber came to T&T last week Tuesday to help Chin enhance some of the plans for Streets of the World. “I have spent about $2.5 million so far in getting the plans alone without any commitment from anybody. So talk about risks. This is what the country needs.” Chin is hopeful of getting approval this year.

“I would like to get the Government’s approval this year. Once we get that, it should take about four years to complete. That land has been sitting there for almost ten years and it’s now an overgrown forest. Nothing’s going on there.” Chin complained that it is difficult doing business in T&T. “I went with the Prime Minister to England to woo investors and I had to lie. It is not easy doing business in T&T. In this country, they look at successful business people as bad, not realising you hire and employ 2,000 or 3,000 people.”

Security at MovieTowne

Derek Chin spoke about the challenge of maintaining security at MovieTowne, which has become a concern in light of an attempted carjacking of a couple’s car at the traffic lights at the Audrey Jeffers Highway, outside the cineplex, on June 18. Chin said managing and ensuring that a large volume of people is safe is an ongoing challenge. “Last weekend, last Saturday, there was 6,500 people in Port-of-Spain, over 5,000 in Chaguanas and 1,200 in Tobago in one day. Saturday and Sunday were a record in Chaguanas, which was 12,000 people and these were just people who paid.”

“You have 30,000 to 40,000 people every weekend at MovieTowne. We do it everyday, seven days a week. It’s a lot of pressure. Our numbers last July for people who paid were 131,000 people. And these are not even the visitors who did not pay.”  Chin has described this latest incident a “scam,” saying there is no evidence to prove that the incident the couple reported to MovieTowne took place. Police are continuing investigations. “It took me 33 years of hard work to reach here and people are trying to bring me down.”

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 07, 2011, 01:43:06 PM »
It good 4 we 1 wk is boycott Movietowne d next wk dey liming up 2 c Transformers.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 07, 2011, 01:44:27 PM »
Hold on, now they doubt that it took place at all?  What was his grounds for firing the security manager then?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 07, 2011, 02:00:20 PM »
Hold on, now they doubt that it took place at all?  What was his grounds for firing the security manager then?

U askin 2 much questions. He did not report d incident that did not happen.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 07, 2011, 03:05:12 PM »

The employment benefits will be huge, said Chin, ever the entrepreneur, who only on June 29 formally opened Texas de Brazile at Fiesta Plaza, MovieTowne, Audrey Jeffers Highway.

Aka Fogo de Chao  ::)

Streets of the World
Derek Chin wants to take cultures from around the world and create a street after them. “There would be a Street of Mumbai, a Street of Hong Kong, a Street of the Middle East, a Street of Africa, and so on. There would be a fashion street for women. There would be a mini-carnival street, which (Carnival bandleader Brian) McFarlane would be involved in. These streets would be thematic streets.” There would be additional attractions, like horse and buggy. “Maybe from the (Queen’s Park) Savannah through Woodbrook straight to the Streets of the World, tourists would travel on them.”

Already done at Disney World in Florida... ideas lacking in originality, but sounds like it will still make money... especially if they stock it with different restaurants.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 07, 2011, 03:11:13 PM »
It good 4 we 1 wk is boycott Movietowne d next wk dey liming up 2 c Transformers.
You surprised? trinis is real fackin jokers! just look how a country wid all that money and ah mini population is being runned like ah potato farm and there's no mass unrest.

if yuh want tuh live like ah king do what yuh want and get away wid it by the ppl, then just move to "sweet" T&T.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 07, 2011, 03:24:35 PM »

The employment benefits will be huge, said Chin, ever the entrepreneur, who only on June 29 formally opened Texas de Brazile at Fiesta Plaza, MovieTowne, Audrey Jeffers Highway.

Aka Fogo de Chao  ::)

Different chains

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 07, 2011, 03:47:37 PM »
Different chains

No shit Sherlock... anything else you'd like to add?

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 07, 2011, 04:15:11 PM »
Different chains

No shit Sherlock... anything else you'd like to add?

Thought you were implying that they were the same chain, guess not. What was your point then?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 07, 2011, 04:28:54 PM »

Thought you were implying that they were the same chain, guess not. What was your point then?

My point should have been obvious in light of the "ideas lacking in originality" comment near the end... all he's doing is recycling ideas from elsewhere and repackaging them in Trinidad. The least he coulda do was go for the original churrascaria and not the knockoff version.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 04:30:37 PM by Bakes »

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 07, 2011, 04:41:28 PM »

My point should have been obvious in light of the "ideas lacking in originality" comment near the end... all he's doing is recycling ideas from elsewhere and repackaging them in Trinidad. The least he coulda do was go for the original churrascaria and not the knockoff version.

but there are thousands of churrascaria chains around Brazil and the globe....the chains you named aren't copies of each other, they're just the standard Brazilian steakhouse....personally I think the concept will do well in TnT.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 07, 2011, 05:05:18 PM »
but there are thousands of churrascaria chains around Brazil and the globe....the chains you named aren't copies of each other, they're just the standard Brazilian steakhouse....personally I think the concept will do well in TnT.

Yes, the churrascaria concept isn't original to Fogo de Chao... thanks for sharing that.  However, if you visit the two chains, understand the chronology of their founding, and appreciate where the two founding restaurants were located... then maybe you'd understand my comments better.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 07, 2011, 05:10:53 PM »

Yes, the churrascaria concept isn't original to Fogo de Chao... thanks for sharing that.  However, if you visit the two chains, understand the chronology of their founding, and appreciate where the two founding restaurants were located... then maybe you'd understand my comments better.

well like I really had to be Sherlock to know all dat lol.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 07, 2011, 09:02:52 PM »
well like I really had to be Sherlock to know all dat lol.

Well de way yuh post tuh correct mih I thought yuh did know de background.

1]; } ?>