March 28, 2024, 10:53:00 AM

Author Topic: Copa Libertadores Final  (Read 6670 times)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Copa Libertadores Final
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2019, 05:55:36 AM »
+1

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2019, 09:03:21 AM »
Should be an entertaining one today. The River vs Boca semi-final was a serious :duel: could be the biggest rivalry in football. Let's see if their Braxilian neighbors can handle them.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2019, 02:27:15 PM »
River are superior to Flamengo.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2019, 03:42:08 PM »
Just stellar that Diego Ribas could be on this field with Felipe Luis among others. I viewed clips of his rehabilitation over the months and he was putting in de work.

Brazilian futebol is to be congratulated for attracting Juanfran, Felipe Luis, Dani Alves and others in the year after they stepped away from Spain.

https://www.extremotvplay.com/link-11.php

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2019, 03:49:34 PM »
This game is action Flamingo tied in the 89th 1-1 now

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2019, 03:52:10 PM »
Oh shoot Flamingo take the lead in stoppage time 2-1

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2019, 03:59:48 PM »
Absolutely crazy. River were tactically superior. At the last possible moment ah say lemme take a leak after the equalizer ... then BOOM.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2019, 04:49:43 PM »
Asylum. I did see the game. But football is a beautiful game that can be cruel at times. I glad Fla win. But if River had won I would feel it because I know that team can play real attacking football. I happy for Fla. Now for Liverpool.  RWB all the way.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2019, 05:10:13 PM »
Let me take allyuh mind off ah TT football for a couple hours. Copa final is in Peru today. Two red, white and black teams. I favoring Fla more than River. Both does play great football.. Tell me what allyuh think about these guys. From River. Nocholas De LaCruz. From Fla Grabriel Barbosa.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGn4JJ5Dzh0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dv_U9Esh87U

I started a post about Nico De La Cruz and then lost it when my log-on timed out. I will try to reproduce it later, but in sum ... I've watched him live several times from when he was on the JNT. I didn't think he would secure a contract at the best top flight clubs. I thought his last opportunity to be convincing at a critical moment was at the U20 WC. On these very pages I may have critiqued his decision-making and retention of the ball. (He played for Coito and skippered URU and sociologically I thought that was meaningful but that's an entirely different discussion). Yet, I think his club may have entertained grander destinations than River but I think they were overlooking what scouts saw. In the end River coughed up $4m cash (about 30%) of the total to free him and imposed a 20m penalty if the other side reneged and yet his home club was not immediately enthusiastic because they thought he was the cat's immediate meow.

I think he will get to Europe at a higher club than he would initially have consolidated before. Strategically this has been a beneficial growth period for him but now he needs to work into consistency.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2019, 05:12:38 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2019, 05:17:45 PM »
Asylum. I did see the game. But football is a beautiful game that can be cruel at times. I glad Fla win. But if River had won I would feel it because I know that team can play real attacking football. I happy for Fla. Now for Liverpool.  RWB all the way.

On balance, with River having played last year, I'm happy for what Flamengo put together. There was some discontent in BRA at the hiring of the coach ... good for football in a sense.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2019, 11:13:20 PM »

On balance, with River having played last year, I'm happy for what Flamengo put together. There was some discontent in BRA at the hiring of the coach ... good for football in a sense.  RWB all the way.

Asylum, allyuh ... I meant to say I did not see the game. Sorry about that. I was typing on my I-phone. Old age is a hell of a thing. So I missed out on the action.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2019, 03:15:47 AM by Deeks »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2019, 02:40:46 AM »
This is the downside of South American football when a team wins a championship.  I think Fla is in line to win the  Brazilian championship also. They more than likely to win it. So like is double riot.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7720625/Flamengo-victory-parade-sees-tens-thousands-fans-line-streets.html
« Last Edit: November 25, 2019, 03:17:57 AM by Deeks »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2019, 08:51:24 PM »

A similar thing happened tonight. Flamengo were trailing 0-1 at the half and responded with 4 2nd half goals to take all the points in the league, vs Ceará.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2019, 09:25:56 PM »

A similar thing happened tonight. Flamengo were trailing 0-1 at the half and responded with 4 2nd half goals to take all the points in the league, vs Ceará.
It's definitely their year. Didn't know the guy who scored the two goals in the final was Neymar's brother-in-law.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 27, 2019, 10:26:29 PM »

It's definitely their year. Didn't know the guy who scored the two goals in the final was Neymar's brother-in-law.

Neither did Neymar.  :rotfl:

I don't know that Gabigol married his sister. But Neymar has not appeared to be thrilled about the union. He recently tweeted a pic with Gabigol's face covered up on a poster from the Copa America that featured Neymar, Gabigol and another teammate. In fact, his celebration of Flamengo' s victory on social media was viewed as a first indication of a thaw. It seems he didn't know that the relationship was in progress until his sis and Gabigol randomly tweeted a pic of themselves together. As things go, Neymar usually puts his first emotional instinct into play and it isn't typically the most mature one. Dani Alves during a recent interview on Brazilian TV suggested it was time Neymar man-up (he was not speaking on this matter but broadly).
« Last Edit: November 27, 2019, 10:30:43 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 27, 2019, 10:54:06 PM »
Right now, I eh sure where Neymar head is. Yesterday he came on in the game against R, and although he was not spectacular, did spur PSG to tie the game.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 05, 2019, 09:11:42 PM »
6-1 tonight. A Brazilian pardna say Liverpool bettah watch out.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 06, 2019, 06:36:50 PM »

If they meet Liverpool in the final, I know it would not be so easy. Avai is a weak side. Fla will have to bring their super A game to beat this Liverpool team.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 06:44:20 PM by Deeks »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 06, 2019, 08:20:05 PM »

If they meet Liverpool in the final, I know it would not be so easy. Avai is a weak side. Fla will have to bring their super A game to beat this Liverpool team.

Precisely the caution I advised. Avai is the Anguilla of the league. However, we will know more on Sunday based on how they deal with Santos. De fella is steadfastly NOT a fan of Flamengo. We dealing with what he described as grudging respect and strong toxic dislike. He's an Atlético Mineiro fan.

If Flamengo makes tactical adjustments they could achieve competitive parity during phases of the match-up, but I do not think they can make a dent vs Liverpool if they apply the complete approach they've used in Série A. I expect modifications because Jorge Jesus will/should view playing against Liverpool as an opportunity to burnish his credentials and marketability in Europe.

By the way, he's the coach that coached Leonson at Felgueiras ...

Just found confirmation about his thoughts about the future:

– O próximo sonho é uma grande conquista europeia?
- Sim, mas eu sei que isso só abrange 6 ou 7 equipas na Europa. Só essas é que te dão a possibilidade de ser campeão europeu.

– Há algum campeonato que o alicie mais?
- Sou mais fã de dois campeonatos, que não são os preferidos da maioria das pessoas. Sou mais fã dos campeonatos espanhol e italiano do que do inglês. Todos querem treinar em Inglaterra, mas, se der, prioridade é a Espanha. Talvez também pela língua, porque estou muito habituado a falar com jogadores que falam castelhano. Por isso, seria mais fácil para mim. Mas não quero fazer previsões, até porque estou muito feliz no Flamengo.

https://www.cmjornal.pt/desporto/futebol/amp/dou-prioridade-a-espanha-jorge-jesus-abre-portas-da-europa
« Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 08:41:30 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 07, 2019, 03:33:27 AM »

Precisely the caution I advised. Avai is the Anguilla of the league. However, we will know more on Sunday based on how they deal with Santos. De fella is steadfastly NOT a fan of Flamengo. We dealing with what he described as grudging respect and strong toxic dislike. He's an Atlético Mineiro fan.

If Flamengo makes tactical adjustments they could achieve competitive parity during phases of the match-up, but I do not think they can make a dent vs Liverpool if they apply the complete approach they've used in Série A. I expect modifications because Jorge Jesus will/should view playing against Liverpool as an opportunity to burnish his credentials and marketability in Europe.

By the way, he's the coach that coached Leonson at Felgueiras ...

Just found confirmation about his thoughts about the future:

– O próximo sonho é uma grande conquista europeia?
- Sim, mas eu sei que isso só abrange 6 ou 7 equipas na Europa. Só essas é que te dão a possibilidade de ser campeão europeu.

– Há algum campeonato que o alicie mais?
- Sou mais fã de dois campeonatos, que não são os preferidos da maioria das pessoas. Sou mais fã dos campeonatos espanhol e italiano do que do inglês. Todos querem treinar em Inglaterra, mas, se der, prioridade é a Espanha. Talvez também pela língua, porque estou muito habituado a falar com jogadores que falam castelhano. Por isso, seria mais fácil para mim. Mas não quero fazer previsões, até porque estou muito feliz no Flamengo.

https://www.cmjornal.pt/desporto/futebol/amp/dou-prioridade-a-espanha-jorge-jesus-abre-portas-da-europa

Well Leonson could well be proud. It is funny how some Trinis does rub shoulders with greatness or the otherway around(the person rubbing shoulders with a great Trini). I found this article on the forum of another Trinis and greatness rubbing shoulders.

Date Published: 1967-04-23
Source: Appleton Post-Crescent
NEW YORK (AP) -- The New York Generals of the National Professional Soccer League opened their home season in Yankee Stadium before 7,766 fans Saturday with a 2-1 conquest of the Chicago Spurs.

The game became extremely rough late in the second half and Chicago finished the contest with only 10 men after Nick Krat was put off for deliberately fouling Iris deBrito with three minutes to go.

Two players who joined the Generals only Friday were the scoring stars with Luis Menotti of Argentina getting the first New York goal at 14 minutes on a pass from Warren Archibald. The second General goal was scored 40 seconds into the second half on a pass from Archibald to Adilson Silveira of Brazil.

Willie Roy connected for the only Chicago goal at 82 minutes when he booted in a loose ball.

submitted: Mon, 2008-07-21 22:14 — ttfh
« Last Edit: December 07, 2019, 03:36:36 AM by Deeks »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 07, 2019, 08:24:02 PM »
Good stuff, Deeks.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 07, 2019, 09:08:44 PM »
Good stuff, Deeks.

Thanks. I love reading some of the old stuff. Archie and Dilly were on fire. They had left Benedicts the year before, so they were just starting to be in their prime. Pity we don't have video of the old stuff.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 09, 2019, 05:16:49 AM »
Santos dismissed Flamengo with a 4-0 farewell before the World Club.

1]; } ?>