April 19, 2024, 02:55:12 AM

Author Topic: Selling a Sigma lens  (Read 1894 times)

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
Selling a Sigma lens
« on: June 22, 2011, 04:19:29 PM »
70-300mm F4-5.6
APO DG MACRO
like new

I was given another one so don't need two.
$130
comes in original carrying case with instruction pamphlet and lens hood.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/shops/storefront/index.html?ie=UTF8&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER&sellerID=A4PD83FDYP3TK
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 08:51:21 AM by Queen Macoomeh »

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
Re: Selling a Sigma lens
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2011, 11:03:02 AM »
Sold.

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2011, 07:05:39 PM »
the blasted idiat see my Amazon listing that said the lens was for a Minolta or Sony camera and buy it. Now want to return it because it doh fit de Canon dey have.

Wha de arse wrong with people?
 :cursing:

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2011, 08:29:42 PM »
the blasted idiat see my Amazon listing that said the lens was for a Minolta or Sony camera and buy it. Now want to return it because it doh fit de Canon dey have.

They either extremely stupid or advantage yuh and 'borrow' the lens for some free pictures. I'm not familiar with on-line auctions. Does Amazon have a return policy for sellers?

Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2011, 08:40:47 PM »

They either extremely stupid or advantage yuh and 'borrow' the lens for some free pictures. I'm not familiar with on-line auctions. Does Amazon have a return policy for sellers?

Never underestimate the stupidity of your fellow man.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2011, 05:23:37 PM »
I wrote the person and told them I'd like the lens back in its pristine condition with the packaging undamaged. I will not refund anything until such time. I will also mount it on my camera and see if anything has been damaged. Otherwise, there isn't much else I can do.

Zando I'm not sure if they "borrowed" the lens. They would have got it on Tuesday and I got the email from them Tuesday afternoon. I expect it to be back in my hands by Friday.

I en vouching for this fool doh...

Bitter...I am always over estimating people...expecting more from them than they are capable. But then again I do that to myself too.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2011, 08:13:52 PM »
I eh saying doh have expectations. Everybody does start out with 100 points, then i does start deducting. Just doh be surprised when they reveal the true score.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2011, 11:19:21 AM »
Too bad. Watch for the bait and switch eh, make sure you compare the serial numbers if you have it on the receipt.

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2011, 11:30:41 AM »
yes I had the lens cleaned at Henry's in Toronto and have a copy of all that with me.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2011, 11:43:29 AM »
yes I had the lens cleaned at Henry's in Toronto and have a copy of all that with me.

So you have not posted pics for a while....any interesting projects coming up for the summer? Besides the 'Toronto Caribbean Carnival'  :devil:

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2011, 12:03:24 PM »
Thanks for asking.
Is laziness/business that have me not posting shots. I've done some interesting stuff though. I did my first ever portrait session. A lady who knows my other work was brave enough to ask me to do a session of her son for his graduation.
I asked her if she sure and told her the truth. I have never done session work. But she had faith in me and booked me.
Boy ah sweat bullets the night before thinking there was no way I could do it. I'm just a chinky winky photo-take-outer.
Anywho, we were booked for 7am, outside (tank gawd), and I did it. I sent her the proofs and she is ecstatic.

Now I here feeling like ah have hair on meh ches...FUSS ah proud.  :rotfl:

Once the CARIBANA season done, I will post as usual.

yuh good uddawise?

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2011, 02:47:48 PM »
Niceness Queen! The lady would not have asked if your stuff was not very impressive. Just wait until somebody asks you to shoot their wedding...and somebody will soon enough. Pressure.

I good...busy.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 03:01:31 PM by ZANDOLIE »

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2011, 07:20:38 PM »
Nah boy, no weddings, my heart cah take dat pressure. Next ting all the snaps come out with my finger in all and people head cut off...

But one thing I learned with that graduation shoot was that it is MURDER trying to light people who have striking different skin tones..I had to get inventive. I admit it had never occurred to be that it would be a problem. I guess it's so you learn.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2011, 08:36:41 PM »
Nah boy, no weddings, my heart cah take dat pressure. Next ting all the snaps come out with my finger in all and people head cut off...

But one thing I learned with that graduation shoot was that it is MURDER trying to light people who have striking different skin tones..I had to get inventive. I admit it had never occurred to be that it would be a problem. I guess it's so you learn.

Yeah the DR in digital is not so good. Still can't match film. I shot a few weddings for friends, it can be tense...you absoolutely have to nail that 'you may kiss the bride' moment no matter what. Back in the day when you had to deal with high contrast like the white of a wedding dress and the black of a tux in one shot you walk with about 30-40 rolls of  Kodak Portra VC film. to get depth in shadows and fine details in highlights. Now is all kinda custom settings and post processing. What you gained in convenience you made up for in work.

You shoot RAW or customized JPEG? What was your lighting set up and your background material?

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2011, 10:31:58 AM »
I shoot RAW for these things but normally stay in FINE when I'm fooling around. I save and store away the RAW files and work on its JPEG until the final choices are made, then I pull out the RAW and deliver that.

I shot all of that session outdoor, early morning before the shadows started rising. But by 9am I was running. Luckily I had some lovely covered bridges and archways nearby and a bounce screen to work with. I threw a flash at some of those shots and was able to get the very light skinned blonde mom to not pale against her darker skinned son. Then, as you said, spent hours in photo-shop to ease the contrast without making either subject look fake.

I can't share the samples of course but I'm happy they are happy. They were good to work with, patient with me and fun.

1]; } ?>