June 09, 2024, 06:04:01 PM

Author Topic: India may travel to Trinidad & Tobago  (Read 45445 times)

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
Re: India may travel to Trinidad & Tobago
« Reply #180 on: August 10, 2011, 12:54:39 PM »
wow this thread turn into a racist war yes.. admins wey alyuh .. get this under control before men go to far.

Like i said before .. this is football not indain arrival day lmafo

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 10, 2011, 02:03:41 PM »
wow this thread turn into a racist war yes.. admins wey alyuh .. get this under control before men go to far.

Like i said before .. this is football not indain arrival day lmafo

;)
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 10, 2011, 02:26:23 PM »
wow this thread turn into a racist war yes

That's surprising

Anyway, I agree with a full strength TnT squad, get the support from the fans and country again after a tumultuous year.
Whoever TnT facing, they should make the most of each match.  No more fete match mentality
whey boy!

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #183 on: August 10, 2011, 02:26:57 PM »
Why?

That would only happen if Indians turn out to see India.

The reality is this is a game of limited marque value in terms of actual football. They are asking ppl to part with hard earned cash to watch TT play a less than mediocre side. And when fans don't turn up, they wonder why.

However, as Indians tend to support anything Indian this one might work out.VB

Speak for yourself or the village you came from.

I am T&T at HEART vs anybody !!!!!

Don't be deluded. I am not speakin for myself.

Unlike many of you, I was at the last TT-India game and I supported TT (and I'm Indian). However, there are some Indians who don't see it that way. You could bitch and disagree as much as you want.

VB

no offense breds but that comment is almost as ignorant as saying, if TT were playing a west african team, the majority of afro-trinis would support the west african side.

most if not all the indo-trinis i know would support TT over any nation, including india.

No, it’s not. It’s obvious that many of you know very little about immigrants and their descendants who remain close to their culture. What I have said is the same to a great degree in places like the US, Canada and UK. Now what connection do the Africans in TT have to Africa. Can they sing the music, dance the original dances, speak the original language. Are they fighting to have an African channel on the TV or radio. Many Afro Trinis may be proud of Africa but know little of it, ask them to speak the mother tongue, or about traditions.

Why do you think the kids of WI support TT, J’ca etc over the land of their birth in Canada, US etc. They feel a connection to where their parents come from and share the pride.

I am from Diego, folks from Grande and Penal. Anybody who say that a lot of Indians in TT don’t support India over TT or WI is a naïve fool. I am not painting all Indians with a broad brush there are some on both sides of the fence.

Just last year I bounce Town Indians from St. James who made it clear they support India every time over WI because they are Indian. Now, I don’t agree with them but I am not surprised.

Again, for the foolish ones. I DO NOT support India over TT/WI but I know many who do.

If you don’t, you either real young, or damn dotish.
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 10, 2011, 02:35:48 PM »
I don't think VB is being ignorant or dotish or whatever else was used to describe him earlier.  I remember when the Indian cricket team came for a match sometime ago folks of East Indian descent turned up to support the indian cricket team with the Indian national flag and they kit and thing....it may have been during the cricket World Cup.  And the UNC wasn't in power then so that point is moot in my opinion.  Now, that might not happen for football but if it does I wouldn't be surprised.....

Just like the clowns who turned up in the stadium for the English vs. TT game in English kits.  Anybody who doesn't know how much our fellow countrymen have no sense of self, patriotism etc. etc. juss fooling dey self.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 10, 2011, 03:12:13 PM »
No one has made any racists statements here. No one. Men talking about who people will support and why. How is that racists.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 10, 2011, 03:18:12 PM »
Don't be deluded. I am not speakin for myself.

Unlike many of you, I was at the last TT-India game and I supported TT (and I'm Indian). However, there are some Indians who don't see it that way. You could bitch and disagree as much as you want.

VB

You doh have to study dem men... dem acting like they never peep de scenes whenever WI play India at de Oval (or at least so it was back in de day).  Frankly, I not too sure I have much of a problem with them supporting India either.

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 10, 2011, 03:19:23 PM »
I personally think it depends on the age group. My gf is India and it was a bit offenssive to her that I'd ask her who she's supporting. In addition to which, my co-workers, one of which whose parents came to TnT from India in the '70s, are all supporting TnT and have always supported TnT and WI in cricket. For cetain their will some added interest because its India but more of a novelty factor than support for them over their own national team.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 10, 2011, 03:56:30 PM »
I personally think it depends on the age group. My gf is India and it was a bit offenssive to her that I'd ask her who she's supporting. In addition to which, my co-workers, one of which whose parents came to TnT from India in the '70s, are all supporting TnT and have always supported TnT and WI in cricket. For cetain their will some added interest because its India but more of a novelty factor than support for them over their own national team.

I believe that with every generation, the fanaticism for India will be a bit less.
So, what I observed from the 70s to the 90s would perhaps be a bit less today.

I always thought POS INdians would be a bit less, as I am one myself, however, there are certain areas in POS where they still hold strong links to their ancesry and although they may appear to be as Trinis as you and I, they make no bones about how they feel about India.

I for one have always felt a great pride re. India, after all I'm Indian. But as a fourth generation Trini, TT has always come first.

Couldn't care less if we are playing India, nice from a Marketing point of view but would've liked to have seen a better test.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #189 on: August 10, 2011, 04:04:16 PM »

I believe that with every generation, the fanaticism for India will be a bit less.

I always thought POS INdians would be a bit less, as I am one myself, however, there are certain areas in POS where they still hold strong links to their ancesry and although they may appear to be as Trinis as you and I, they make no bones about how they feel about India.

I for one have always felt a great pride re. India, after all I'm Indian. But as a fourth generation Trini, TT has always come first.

Couldn't care less if we are playing India, nice from a Marketing point of view but would've liked to have seen a better test.

holding strong links to ancestry doesn't necessarily mean they will support india over TT, the majority of town indo-trinis support west indies and TT, btw I am also from town, east dry river to be exact, and my mother is from st.joseph, both of my parents are mixed and have indian family, that support everything TT, along with their friends and other family.

In fact i have lived abroad for most of my life and have come across many trinis of east indian origin and they always support TT, over india.

While I do understand and acknowledge that there are indians in TT that support india, it is a minority of the population, despite the majority of indians in TT being hindu.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 10, 2011, 04:20:17 PM »

holding strong links to ancestry doesn't necessarily mean they will support india over TT, the majority of town indo-trinis support west indies and TT, btw I am also from town, east dry river to be exact, and my mother is from st.joseph, both of my parents are mixed and have indian family, that support everything TT, along with their friends and other family.

In fact i have lived abroad for most of my life and have come across many trinis of east indian origin and they always support TT, over india.

While I do understand and acknowledge that there are indians in TT that support india, it is a minority of the population, despite the majority of indians in TT being hindu.

In my time, if you went into the countryside, eg. Grande, Penal, Princess Town, it wasn't no minority. However, as I said earlier, with every generation it probably diminshes somewhat.

VB

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #191 on: August 10, 2011, 04:24:49 PM »

In my time, if you went into the countryside, eg. Grande, Penal, Princess Town, it wasn't no minority. However, as I said earlier, with every generation it probably diminshes somewhat.

VB

i understand your point of view and back then was probably the case which is why you would have that opinion.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 10, 2011, 04:26:56 PM »
I don't think VB is being ignorant or dotish or whatever else was used to describe him earlier.  I remember when the Indian cricket team came for a match sometime ago folks of East Indian descent turned up to support the indian cricket team with the Indian national flag and they kit and thing....it may have been during the cricket World Cup.  And the UNC wasn't in power then so that point is moot in my opinion.  Now, that might not happen for football but if it does I wouldn't be surprised.....

Just like the clowns who turned up in the stadium for the English vs. TT game in English kits.  Anybody who doesn't know how much our fellow countrymen have no sense of self, patriotism etc. etc. juss fooling dey self.....

I also don't believe VB was being racist, ignorant etc. Although I haven't witnessed this myself, I have heard that Trindians do support India when they come to play in the Oval. Been hearing that for years.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 10, 2011, 04:27:16 PM »

VB

In fact back in the days some ah them Indo-Trinis living in country didn't even realise they no longer living in India!!

Similar to back in the day with some of them Afro-Trinis living in deep south & Tobago, them woulda swear they still living in West Africa, if yuh see hard food growing in they back garden!!  :devil:
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 04:38:27 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #194 on: August 10, 2011, 04:30:59 PM »

VB

In fact back in the days some ah them Indo-Trinis living in country didn't even realise they no longer living in India!!

Similar to back in the day with some of them Afro-Trinis living in deep south & Tobago, them woulda sweat they still living in West Africa, if yuh see hard food growing in they garden!!  :devil:

right now the ipod jamming back to back to back road march tunes by super blue ;D

:wavetowel:
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 04:33:28 PM by Controversial »

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: August 10, 2011, 04:40:19 PM »

VB

Similar to back in the day with some of them Afro-Trinis living in deep south & Tobago, them woulda sweat they still living in West Africa, if yuh see hard food growing in they garden!!  :devil:

right now the ipod jamming back to back to back road march tunes by super blue ;D

Nice one! Jab Jab from 1992 was one of my favourites!   :chilling:

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #196 on: August 10, 2011, 04:40:56 PM »

VB

Nice one! Jab Jab from 1992 was one of my favourites!   :chilling:

same here breds  :beermug:

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 10, 2011, 04:56:27 PM »
vb doh study dem.....they support England over T&T when Becks come down. Yuh think they will support a country that help them get rich then turn around and robbing them, kidnapping them and helping dey daughters to get big bam bam? Not at all, this eh no Jahaji bhai, this is pure curry tabanca.

You is a retired faggot or wha....

So it didn't have no creole supporting England to !

Allyuh need to stop generalizing.... yea, some indian support England, that doh mean de whole blasted population feels de same.....

I sure if blasted Nigeria come to play T&T it go have some creole supporting them to !!

Allyuh tun cunny we....

PS: VB, when yuh say Indian, say some next time, that will sound better, my father is Indian and he eh backing no blasted Indian team.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 11, 2011, 02:20:52 AM »
vb doh study dem.....they support England over T&T when Becks come down. Yuh think they will support a country that help them get rich then turn around and robbing them, kidnapping them and helping dey daughters to get big bam bam? Not at all, this eh no Jahaji bhai, this is pure curry tabanca.

You is a retired faggot or wha....

So it didn't have no creole supporting England to !

Allyuh need to stop generalizing.... yea, some indian support England, that doh mean de whole blasted population feels de same.....

I sure if blasted Nigeria come to play T&T it go have some creole supporting them to !!

Allyuh tun cunny we....

PS: VB, when yuh say Indian, say some next time, that will sound better, my father is Indian and he eh backing no blasted Indian team.

Sam, I did say some in an earlier post, cah get the damn cursor to work to sow you the quotes.

VB

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #199 on: August 11, 2011, 08:54:55 PM »
They hear about the roti and ting so dey coming to see if it is all that and some napkins.
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Now, travel woes hit WI tour
« Reply #200 on: August 11, 2011, 09:37:36 PM »
By Tomojit Basu (Hindustan Times)

Maybe this whole Caribbean tour is a bad idea. Beset by ‘club v country’ problems soon after the idea was mooted, it seems that the senior national football team now has a travel schedule problem. Coach Armando Colaco and his team were supposed to exit the capital early Friday morning. That isn’t happening now.

“We have no idea when we are leaving because the plan to leave tomorrow (Friday) morning has been changed,” team manager Mandar Tamhane told HT, adding, “We were supposed to transit through London (and stay overnight) and maybe plans have changed because of the riots. We aren’t too sure of what’s happening because the federation and the tour operator have to sort out the matter.”

Thursday’s practice session, comprising short games and passing exercises, lasted almost three hours. “The three teams (Barbados, Trinidad & Tobago  and Guyana) are much better than us, I already know that. Starting practice earlier would have helped,” said Colaco.

Asked if the clubs-federation bout had affected the players, Colaco said: “It had to! I spoke to them, everything’s fine now but why should it have  happened in the first place? The clubs should have released them before  when they were asked because that’s what the rule book says. It’s an  ego problem.”

Dempo SC, of which Colaco is the coach and general secretary, Pune FC, Mohun Bagan and East Bengal. They fought the All India Football Federation (AIFF) stating that the friendlies would  not affect the country’s rankings.

The AIFF, however, had categorically  stated that they would. “I had said that I wanted to bring the federation and clubs closer. A proper plan needs to be worked out,” said the 58-year-old coach.

Asked about injury worries, the captain for the tour and if all 26 players  at the camp would be travel, Colaco replied: “I’m trying to take them all  but fitness is a problem. Jewel (Raja Sheikh) has a niggle. The captain will be the senior-most, most likely Climax (Lawrence) or even Samir  (Naik).”

India are scheduled to play Barbados (August 17), Trinidad & Tobago  (August 21) and Guyana (August 24) on this tour.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 11, 2011, 11:01:03 PM »
so yea Indian ...de game on ???
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 12, 2011, 12:32:54 AM »
I wonder if we was carded to play africa or china if this will go 7 plus pages.. anyway.. I am Indian and PROUD of it ... Trinidad is a country and not a race of people so it is what it is.. I am Indian.. If this game were to happen I will be supporting my born Land of Trinidad and Tobago Just Like I do in Cricket... also for those jackass whosay we indian does do like is india we living in wey allyuh fackers wah indians do.. carry white man name like unnuh? get a freeking life ppl.. Trinidad is a facking country not a race of people.. who vex vex guh climb a facking tree N jump off...

war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 12, 2011, 12:42:16 AM »
I wonder if we was carded to play africa or china if this will go 7 plus pages.. anyway.. I am Indian and PROUD of it ... Trinidad is a country and not a race of people so it is what it is.. I am Indian.. If this game were to happen I will be supporting my born Land of Trinidad and Tobago Just Like I do in Cricket... also for those jackass whosay we indian does do like is india we living in wey allyuh fackers wah indians do.. carry white man name like unnuh? get a freeking life ppl.. Trinidad is a facking country not a race of people.. who vex vex guh climb a facking tree N jump off...

war

Now we getting somewhere.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 12, 2011, 06:11:02 AM »

war

:rotfl:

Ok Mark Ramkhelawan, yuh right.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 12, 2011, 06:39:28 AM »
 :rotfl:

This thread really gone off centre yes..

Yes people will come because we havent played a game for months

Yes people will come because they want to see the brand inspired by this new coach

Yes people will come because of who the opposition is.

All in all it ends up in a better crowd turnout. Let's just leave it as that.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 12, 2011, 06:55:21 AM »
Will the crowd come out to see an all local side play India??
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 12, 2011, 08:43:32 AM »
The three teams (Barbados, Trinidad & Tobago  and Guyana) are much better than us, I already know that.

Jewel (Raja Sheikh) has a niggle. The captain will be the senior-most, most likely Climax (Lawrence) or even Samir  (Naik)."

Lord...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline jonny

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 12, 2011, 10:04:09 AM »
India`s matches confirmed but rescheduled :

Aug 17 vs St Kitts /Nevis
Aug 21 vs Guyana
Aug 24 vs T & T

http://www.the-aiff.com/pages/news/index.php?N_Id=2685

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 12, 2011, 10:17:40 AM »
Unfortunately this thread gone on the racial highway. I think most of us are pissed off, not because we playing India. We are pissed off because that is the only prep. game before an important WCQ. We should have played about six games(including the game with India) before the Bermuda game seeing that we did not make the GC. Like most of allyuh forget Bermuda beat us at home last WCQ. Forget that we went Hamilton and win the return. We should have played the Haiti game. There is no excuse. None.

Now all this racial crap on the forum is totally out ah hand. Things start off with regular Trini picong and next thing we cussin' up one another. This is the 2nd time an Indian team will be coming to TT. Only one African team(south Africa) I think has played in TT. Correct me on that. Jack Warner has been a FiFA big man all them years. He has been bestowed with some Yoruba name. How many other African team has he brought to TT. With all his blackness how come he never saw fit to bring African teams to play in TT. Nigeria, Cameroon, Egypt, Morocco, Algeria, Ghana, Cote D'Ivoire,Tunisia, Angola. Even Liberia and sierra Leone can givE tt real thunder.

I have no issue with the Indian game whatsoever. But plz, is this preparation for WC?

1]; } ?>