April 28, 2024, 01:00:32 PM

Author Topic: India may travel to Trinidad & Tobago  (Read 44286 times)

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: India may travel to Trinidad & Tobago
« Reply #240 on: August 14, 2011, 09:30:17 PM »
look like sey ppl think sey indian cyan play football?.. ley we wait till the game nuh .. lets see if dem facking jokers we have wearing di red black and white guh mek allyuh happy..I dont belive di present TNT team could beat a facking gal team at this moment
war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: August 14, 2011, 09:32:19 PM »
Why all yuh don't stop the racist mess and concentrate on the game?  Either support or don't support.  All the ethnic jokes are unnecessary.  If India cut we tail ah want to hear what those same people will say.  With the mess that is our football admnistration, anything is possible. And I am not an Indian doogla or possess any Indian blood. 

Wha yuh call ah Indian Comedian?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: August 14, 2011, 09:56:07 PM »
Ah notice a couple references in this thread to "language  and culture" ... Culture? Check. Question: whais de "language" of which we speak?

P.S.
I was in attendance when India and Trinidad & Tobago played previously. The Indian presence at the HCS was numerically unremarkable. As far as I recall, there was no public discourse or even private conjecture on the matter of local support for India. India was received as any other opponent would have been received. And, there surely was no record set for attendance or gate receipts that night ...(probably less so too because certain patrons entered without paying: both out of habit and entitlement). It would be fair to say that attendance in general was neither remarkable nor noteworthy.

The game took place way after the infamous support of India's cricket team by citizens of Trinidad and Tobago at the Oval ... yet  there was no significant likelihood of the same happening at de football.

If nothing else, there has been a broadening of the base of avid fans of the game in the intervening years both in India and in T&T ... and this seems to be an undercurrent of comments rendered in encouraging ppl to attend the game.  When Syria coming?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 10:59:29 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #243 on: August 15, 2011, 09:46:35 AM »
...But its no less surprising than to see the descendants of Trinis and J'cans living in N. America and UK support the land of their forefathers over the land of their birth.

Which is why I say I ent too upset if they want to support India.  How many ah we living right here in the US, in some cases we's US citizens, yet supporting anybody but the US?  Yes I recognize the central difference being that Indians in TnT is born-bred Trinis yet supporting some other country that ent give a fart about them... but that is their business if they want to throw 'way dey support like that.  Some would say the TTFF eh give ah fart about we supporters either  :D
VB you talikn madness dey, show me one afro trini who would support nigeria or ghana if they was playing T&T @ the hasley crawford? i know i would be supporting T&T all the way even if we had fojo, birchall, de silver, devenish and ah bunch ah white trinis on the team.

dem indians supporting india for yrs now, that eh nothing new, especially in the cricket.

i remember when bishan badi dem play WI in the QPO, them indians came out in the thousands to cheer for india. ::) i eh go lie, that angered a lot of trinis boy! and not just black trinis, but whites and fenchcreoles alike, the indo trini community didn't do themselves any favors that day.

imagine me supporting zimbabwe against the WI, that will be the day. :duel:

The point about close cultural ties to the homeland obviously went right over your head. I’ve explained myself in about three different posts, I eh go repeat myself again.

How many Afro Trinis can speak and African dilect or know the customs of their ancestors inside out.

My parents can speak Hindi fluently and my family has lived in TT for over a hundred years.
The Indians get up in the morning listening to Indian music, do their prayers and have dozens of mundirs all over TT. What African custom do Trinis practice getting up in the morning. Such is the knowledge and love of Indian culture that we have Indian programs on TV and Radio.

The Indian Govt. was so impressed with the presence of Indo culture in TT in the 80s that they wanted to donate the money to build a cultural centre. The NAR refused to give the land unless it was a national cultural centre – like the Indian Govt. actually did something out of place.

If you don’t understand cultural binds then you won’t understand the mindset.

The first generation Trinis and J’can in foreign know where they come from hence their support for their parents’ homeland. A hundred years makes no difference to an Indo Trini who has the religion, speaks the language, grew up in a Hindu household and family gets married according to Hindu rights.

I remember when Indian in TT used to laugh at me for supporting “dem black people team,” the WI. I used to shake my head at their backwardness. However, travelling to the US, Can. And UK explained to some degree why they were that way.

This is not about race, it’s about culture. As I said before, like it or not, it’s a world wide phenomenon.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: August 15, 2011, 10:03:52 AM »
Ah notice a couple references in this thread to "language  and culture" ... Culture? Check. Question: whais de "language" of which we speak?

P.S.
I was in attendance when India and Trinidad & Tobago played previously. The Indian presence at the HCS was numerically unremarkable. As far as I recall, there was no public discourse or even private conjecture on the matter of local support for India. India was received as any other opponent would have been received. And, there surely was no record set for attendance or gate receipts that night ...(probably less so too because certain patrons entered without paying: both out of habit and entitlement). It would be fair to say that attendance in general was neither remarkable nor noteworthy.

The game took place way after the infamous support of India's cricket team by citizens of Trinidad and Tobago at the Oval ... yet  there was no significant likelihood of the same happening at de football.

If nothing else, there has been a broadening of the base of avid fans of the game in the intervening years both in India and in T&T ... and this seems to be an undercurrent of comments rendered in encouraging ppl to attend the game.  When Syria coming?

There were more than 10 000 ppl at the game. Unremarkable at the time.  But great by today's standards. We can't even get that number for a WC qualifier. Bear in mind in those days we got the best clubs in Europe and S. America so less than 15 000 ppl was always a  bad crowd.

The Indian support may have been unremarkable by Indian standars but it was there. I know ppl who went to that game for no other reason.

The Indian support at this game may again be unremarkable by cricket standards but as an Indian I am telling you that some will come for that reason. Makes no difference for me,  but it should help the gate.

Some of you have misinterpreted my statements and some big Indian agenda. It’s no big anything, some Indians still feel close to their roots. That’s just the way it is.

I will tell you I was shocked at the poor crowds for the recent Indian/Pakistan-WI games in Guyana and TT. So if they don't want to spend their money to watch mediocre teams play cricket, it might be the same for football. I am no expert in this area. The game should tell.

VB
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 10:55:13 AM by vb »

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 15, 2011, 10:48:05 AM »
The Indian team has been playing together for a while and they seem to be well funded. I hope they do not hand us a defeat. Go Warriors.

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 15, 2011, 10:50:32 AM »
...But its no less surprising than to see the descendants of Trinis and J'cans living in N. America and UK support the land of their forefathers over the land of their birth.

Which is why I say I ent too upset if they want to support India.  How many ah we living right here in the US, in some cases we's US citizens, yet supporting anybody but the US?  Yes I recognize the central difference being that Indians in TnT is born-bred Trinis yet supporting some other country that ent give a fart about them... but that is their business if they want to throw 'way dey support like that.  Some would say the TTFF eh give ah fart about we supporters either  :D
VB you talikn madness dey, show me one afro trini who would support nigeria or ghana if they was playing T&T @ the hasley crawford? i know i would be supporting T&T all the way even if we had fojo, birchall, de silver, devenish and ah bunch ah white trinis on the team.

dem indians supporting india for yrs now, that eh nothing new, especially in the cricket.

i remember when bishan badi dem play WI in the QPO, them indians came out in the thousands to cheer for india. ::) i eh go lie, that angered a lot of trinis boy! and not just black trinis, but whites and fenchcreoles alike, the indo trini community didn't do themselves any favors that day.

imagine me supporting zimbabwe against the WI, that will be the day. :duel:

The point about close cultural ties to the homeland obviously went right over your head. I’ve explained myself in about three different posts, I eh go repeat myself again.

How many Afro Trinis can speak and African dilect or know the customs of their ancestors inside out.

My parents can speak Hindi fluently and my family has lived in TT for over a hundred years.
The Indians get up in the morning listening to Indian music, do their prayers and have dozens of mundirs all over TT. What African custom do Trinis practice getting up in the morning. Such is the knowledge and love of Indian culture that we have Indian programs on TV and Radio.

The Indian Govt. was so impressed with the presence of Indo culture in TT in the 80s that they wanted to donate the money to build a cultural centre. The NAR refused to give the land unless it was a national cultural centre – like the Indian Govt. actually did something out of place.

If you don’t understand cultural binds then you won’t understand the mindset.

The first generation Trinis and J’can in foreign know where they come from hence their support for their parents’ homeland. A hundred years makes no difference to an Indo Trini who has the religion, speaks the language, grew up in a Hindu household and family gets married according to Hindu rights.

I remember when Indian in TT used to laugh at me for supporting “dem black people team,” the WI. I used to shake my head at their backwardness. However, travelling to the US, Can. And UK explained to some degree why they were that way.

This is not about race, it’s about culture. As I said before, like it or not, it’s a world wide phenomenon.

VB

It IS about race VB. Yuh cyar deny that. However, culture does play a big part. It seems to me that Christian Indians really couldn't care less about India, the same as most Afro-Trinis who couldn't give two hoots about anywhere in Africa. They are Trinis.

Hindus on the other hand to me have a different mindset (this is a generalization). They've stuck to Indian culture and especially religion (a religion that encourages bias, or what would appear to be bias in other cultures). It's a shame because this is why Indians are in the Caribbean in the first place. So it goes.

Hindus in TnT just kept to themselves for the most part, while Pan, Calypso, Sport, the stereotypical white sandy beach and a coconut tree,(the things that identified us as a nation initially),  hell even the birth of the nation itself came about. So I think a lot of them never felt Trini. It doesn't help that to this day other people worldwide are still surprised when they realize how many Indians are in the Caribbean. The perception is that the Caribbean is African, and since TnT is in the Caribbean well then... Unfortunately, many Hindu-Trinis seem to feel this way also. To me it's only since the '90's that all this started to change in Trinidad, when the overall Indian population grew.That's my perspective anyway.

I was at the game in Hasely the first time India came to play. Of course we lost that game. Walking down the stairs after that game an Indian came barrelling down the steps through the crowd, pushing people aside shouting "they cyar beat we!!", and ran from Hasely all excited. If we had Indians on our team that would not have happened. He wasn't talking about culture, he was talking about race.
Two islands are better than one.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 15, 2011, 11:03:57 AM »
oh jeezan ages....de social studies

wey de squad ??
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 15, 2011, 11:47:28 AM »
Socafan...you are talking bout one silly Indian who was showing his ignorance,there could have been more who silently enjoyed the result but I feel we will always have a few like that.You must remember that those Indians who came to the Caribbean about 170 years ago had a culture and relegion that dates back to 5000 years BC,the Indus Valley Civilization,also 170 years is a short time in history to totally shake that off.You mentioned that the Christian Indians would be different in that they are not bothered by the cultural thing and would be more likely to support TT against India,do you mean that Hindus will all support India,I doubt that,the fact is some Indians will support India but I think its negligible.
 I dont think that Indos are the only people in that position coz I know Welsh,Scots and Irish who are 4th generation English but do not support England at anything,I also know Afros who will support any African team against England although most are second and third generation,I dont think we should be putting down the Indos as a special case.You are wrong to say that Afros dont care bout Africa coz you only have to look at the this MB to see the support that goes to any African team whenever they are involved in sports.I dont think you could judge anyone's allegiance to their country by such a trivial matter.I think Indos have been good for TT in many ways so I wouldn't bother bout a few idiots.I cried when we failed to qualify in 90 and cried when we qualified for 2006 I will be supporting TT 200% against India and I know if my father and mother was alive they would also be supporting TT. 8)

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: August 15, 2011, 11:53:55 AM »
Socafan...you are talking bout one silly Indian who was showing his ignorance,there could have been more who silently enjoyed the result but I feel we will always have a few like that.You must remember that those Indians who came to the Caribbean about 170 years ago had a culture and relegion that dates back to 5000 years BC,the Indus Valley Civilization,also 170 years is a short time in history to totally shake that off.You mentioned that the Christian Indians would be different in that they are not bothered by the cultural thing and would be more likely to support TT against India,do you mean that Hindus will all support India,I doubt that,the fact is some Indians will support India but I think its negligible.
 I dont think that Indos are the only people in that position coz I know Welsh,Scots and Irish who are 4th generation English but do not support England at anything,I also know Afros who will support any African team against England although most are second and third generation,I dont think we should be putting down the Indos as a special case.You are wrong to say that Afros dont care bout Africa coz you only have to look at the this MB to see the support that goes to any African team whenever they are involved in sports.I dont think you could judge anyone's allegiance to their country by such a trivial matter.I think Indos have been good for TT in many ways so I wouldn't bother bout a few idiots.I cried when we failed to qualify in 90 and cried when we qualified for 2006 I will be supporting TT 200% against India and I know if my father and mother was alive they would also be supporting TT. 8)

That's it in a nutshell.

VB

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: August 15, 2011, 02:10:55 PM »
Cowboys always beating Indians. ;D

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: August 15, 2011, 03:11:26 PM »

Ah going to extend de social studies by asking how exceptional this is ... VB, what's the level of Hindi fluency we operating with today?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: August 15, 2011, 04:02:07 PM »

Ah going to extend de social studies by asking how exceptional this is ... VB, what's the level of Hindi fluency we operating with today?

Yuh nitpicking and missing de point... from marital ceremonies, religious practices, cultural entities such as GOPIO, Maha Sabga, Chutney radio stations... all of these things (aside from language) help reinforce the strength and preservation of Indian (particularly, Hindu) culture in TnT.  There are a couple efforts here and that seek to promote Afro-centricity, but it's not as coordinated, not as supported, and not as prevalent... for understandable reasons.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: August 15, 2011, 04:07:10 PM »
How about I just wanted to have VB respond as to his anecdotal view? Nothing more, nothing less.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: August 15, 2011, 04:08:17 PM »
Morgan Job tell them that what they talking eh no Hindi. And from what I experienced India-Indians sturggle to understand Trini-Indiands "Hindi".

Societal differences maybe?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: August 15, 2011, 04:09:51 PM »

Let me give u two examples.

As a kid never heard my parents have a Hindi conversation, although they said they spoke Hindi at home their parents.

Then one day as a young adult, my Mum translated a  movie for some foreigners no problem.

In 1992, I was watching a cricket match in Toronto, WI vs. the World. Some Indians from India were looking at us like they were smelling something bad. Apparently they couldn’t understand why Indian people were applauding a group of black players.

They were making fun of Lara’s name because according to how you pronounce it, it means “girl.” However, you can pronounce it differently and it means “dick.”

My Dad educated them on the “dick” version and then continued to give them picong for about ten minutes – all in Hindi.

They can both watch a Hinid movie without subtitles.

Again they spoke Hinid growing up at home.

I have met black ppl who can do the same, either because one parent was Indian or they socialized a lot amongst Indians growing up.

It’s one reason why Ras Shorty I is so respected by Indians because when he buss Chutney lyrics, it’ the real deal.

VB

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: August 15, 2011, 04:13:22 PM »
Morgan Job tell them that what they talking eh no Hindi. And from what I experienced India-Indians sturggle to understand Trini-Indiands "Hindi".

Morgan Job know Hindin?

He might have a point, 150 years later, it might not be pure. But the accents differ from one end of Indian to another.

I am no Indian expert, but the Trinis I have seen speak Hindi were understood by the Indians present.

When I cuss somebody about dey mudder, they understand me  ;D

However, the French say the Quebecois doh speak real French and half of those ppl only know that language.

VB

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 15, 2011, 04:23:43 PM »

Let me give u two examples.

As a kid never heard my parents have a Hindi conversation, although they said they spoke Hindi at home their parents.

Then one day as a young adult, my Mum translated a  movie for some foreigners no problem.

In 1992, I was watching a cricket match in Toronto, WI vs. the World. Some Indians from India were looking at us like they were smelling something bad. Apparently they couldn’t understand why Indian people were applauding a group of black players.

They were making fun of Lara’s name because according to how you pronounce it, it means “girl.” However, you can pronounce it differently and it means “dick.”

My Dad educated them on the “dick” version and then continued to give them picong for about ten minutes – all in Hindi.

They can both watch a Hinid movie without subtitles.

Again they spoke Hinid growing up at home.

I have met black ppl who can do the same, either because one parent was Indian or they socialized a lot amongst Indians growing up.

It’s one reason why Ras Shorty I is so respected by Indians because when he buss Chutney lyrics, it’ the real deal.

VB

You took me precisely where I wondered you might go. :beermug:

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 15, 2011, 04:25:41 PM »

Morgan Job know Hindin?

He might have a point, 150 years later, it might not be pure. But the accents differ from one end of Indian to another.

I am no Indian expert, but the Trinis I have seen speak Hindi were understood by the Indians present.

However, the French say the Quebecois doh speak real French and half of those ppl only know that language.

VB

and allegedly we don't speak English.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 15, 2011, 04:53:13 PM »
VB, the african may not be ah good reference point bc of how far removed he has been from his mother land, but lets take into consideration the syrian or the chinese populous, shall we.

the syrian and the chineses trini also have very strong cultural ties to their home land even though they don't advertise it like the indains.

the chinese still speak their native dialects mandarin and cantonese, the syrians still speak arabic and in some cases practice their faith waking up early every morn to make fajr salat, and also offering salat all through the day. in the month of ramazan they fast and celebrate the two eids, they also marry in the same fashion.

same for the chinese, they still keep chinese new yr and celebrate holy chinese months, yes i know bc i grew up wid chisese trinis, both in school and in my neighborhood. one thing that amazed me about chinese trini is that they would live in some of the roughest neighborhoods and go through normal normal and blend in with the ppl.

my neighbors spoke fluent chinese and was immersed in chinese culture and they were born and raised right there in the hood. the girls dated black guys and the boys dated black girls, they went to parties, hang out and even went to church with us.

it had the chinese social club chungsang right down the road from me, and also the chinese association in st anns that kept ah huge chinese cultural gathering/ festival every yrs in the george st market and it was ah huge grandeur event where ppl of all races participated. allyuh outa towners wouldn't know bout that but every EDR yute would tell yuh that i speaking the truth.

VB i willing to bet that if china came to play T&T a game in the stadium that the "trini" chinese poulation probably wouldn't even attend, let alone throw their support china's way, and i willing to bargin on the syrian trini population just the same.

i think for the most part, the rural trini indians are pro indain/ hindu nationalist and that will always be the case. and i would go as far to say that if trinidad and india had ah fallin out that lead to a war, they would pick up arms against T&T to defend india, bc in their mind T&T is ah n****r country.

doh get meh wrong, what i truly love about T&T is the mix of many cultures, and the cultural expressions of each group make it delightful to behold and experience, but yuh see supporting other nations over T&T just bc it's your ancestral land, doh bother to justify that BS, if yuh love india so much over yuh birth land, then fackin go back to india! that's all.   JMO.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 05:00:05 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 15, 2011, 05:06:43 PM »
JC, you make valid points. But both the Syrian/Lebanese and Chinese communities are small in numbers even though both communities have substantial stakes in the business and finances of TT. Actually more the all the Afro-Trini business put together. What is the pop. of both Syrians and Chinese?

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 15, 2011, 05:07:38 PM »
the syrian and the chineses trini also have very strong cultural ties to their home land even though they don't advertise it like the indains.

the chinese still speak their native dialects mandarin and cantonese, the syrians still speak arabic and in some cases practice their faith waking up early every morn to make fajr salat, and also offering salat all through the day. in the month of ramazan they fast and celebrate the two eids, they also marry in the same fashion.

same for the chinese, they still keep chinese new yr and celebrate holy chinese months, yes i know bc i grew up wid chisese trinis, both in school and in my neighborhood. one thing that amazed me about chinese trini is that they would live in some of the roughest neighborhoods and go through normal normal and blend in with the ppl.

my neighbors spoke fluent chinese and was immersed in chinese culture and they were born and raised right there in the hood. the girls dated black guys and the boys dated black girls, they went to parties, hang out and even went to church with us.

it had the chinese social club chungsang right down the road from me, and also the chinese association in st anns that kept ah huge chinese cultural gathering/ festival every yrs in the george st market and it was ah huge grandeur event where ppl of all races participated. allyuh outa towners wouldn't know bout that but every EDR yute would tell yuh that i speaking the truth.

VB i willing to bet that if china came to play T&T a game in the stadium that the "trini" chinese poulation probably wouldn't even attend, let alone throw their support china's way, and i willing to bargin on the syrian trini population just the same.

i think for the most part, the rural trini indians are pro indain/ hindu nationalist and that will always be the case. and i would go as far to say that if trinidad and india had ah fallin out that lead to a war, they would pick up arms against T&T to defend india, bc in their mind T&T is ah n****r country.

JC, we really digressing here. But it’s interesting, so I’ll keep it up.

Not trying to justify the Indo Trini perspective, just indicating their mindset. My brothers were born in Canada and I’ve made it clear that they should feel free to support Canada vs. TT. Didn’t want to be one of  those ignorant immigrants brain washing their kids (or in my case younger brothers) against the land of their birth – especially one that has given us so much.

I am aware of the Chinese and the Syrian connection. My step mum is Chinese Trini and her dad was in Mao’s army.

Don’t know enough as to how each group would react to a Chinese/Syrian team visiting TT. Although I’m sure some would have a great curiousity for obvious reasons.

However, my step mum has always shown great interest in any movie highlighting the Chinese experience, eg. The Last Emperor – again perfectly understandable.

Between you and me, I wouldn’t be surpised if that btch support China against TT – but I could be wrong :-)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 05:16:00 PM by vb »

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 15, 2011, 05:14:24 PM »

Hinduism is based on a cast system!

Let’s not fool ourselves! The Indians who were sent to the West Indies as Indenture labourers were seen mainly as the lower casts Indians.

They were deprived of the standard of education, etc that the higher casts were privileged to and leaving India to seek a better life in the Caribbean even as Indenture labourers was a positive move out of poverty and cast restrictions on their part.

Its logical that the Hindi spoken by the lower casts would not be the same as that spoken by the higher casts! Its equivalent to the Queen trying to understand a poor person from East London speaking Cockney slang! She'll find it difficult to understand them!!

Therefore it is no surprise that Indians in India struggle to understand Trini Indians when they try to converse in Hindi rather than English!

But what does all of this have to do with football anyway?

Now even I getting caught up in the Social Studies!

As BM say what we want to know is who is in both squads and can we expect a good quality game but like men who didn’t do enough Social Studies at school trying to derail this thread!   ::)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 05:22:22 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 15, 2011, 06:37:04 PM »
There IS a thread for the game :devil:.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: August 15, 2011, 08:29:30 PM »

Morgan Job know Hindin?

VB

Yeah, as far as I remember he had took Sat Maraj to task on a Radio program. He ask Sat how many dialect in India and Sat could not say and then I am pretty [sure] he spit some Hindi. Could be wrong, but I swear I remember that.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #265 on: August 15, 2011, 08:45:26 PM »
There IS a thread for the game :devil:.

does any thread ever stay on topic  :D

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 15, 2011, 09:28:43 PM »
socapro not all the indians who went to Trinidad was low caste.. am bramhan.. My aja was born In UP India. My entire generation speaks two type of Hindi .. Trini Hindi and Indian Hindi.. I also speak fluent hindi .No disrespect meant to you pro jes correcting you a little..nuff fellas here  drawing wrong card . lets concentrate on football and stop the talk bout who supporting who.. shit when grenada comes to the stadium I could swear we in Grenada.. Lets  concentrate on football and stop the shit.. am Indian and proud just as Many of my  african Trini who are proud to be African.. Lets concentrate and football dont let this game divide us.. Its nothing new Indians in trinidad and Guyana have been supporting India frm 19 0 long... Lets concentrate on ball.. Moderators I really dont like where This thread is going you guys need to step in and do your job.. This is football not a racial war ... Who cares who could speak hindi and who cant... that should not be here this is football.. Lets concentrate and football guys.. Football...

war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 15, 2011, 09:33:31 PM »
ah go put some cutlash on allyuh if allyuh doh stop eh

I am neither one or the other... 6 or one half dozen of the other
so if they really serious bout sending  back people fuh true
they bound to split me in too

dem modern day soca cyat and dem could write dat ??
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 15, 2011, 10:11:55 PM »
ah go put some cutlash on allyuh if allyuh doh stop eh

I am neither one or the other... 6 or one half dozen of the other
so if they really serious bout sending  back people fuh true
they bound to split me in too

dem modern day soca cyat and dem could write dat ??

:beermug:

Ok, guys football!

Who supporting T&T but not the TTFF put up allyuh hand & let’s get back to the topic at hand, football! 

Can we beat India & when is the bloody game?

Some say its this coming Sun.21st August while others say its next week Wed.24th August but what does the TTFF say?

Can somebody page Camps to ask him if he knows what date we playing thanks?!! 8)

PS:
Thanks War for the correction!
I didn't mean all Indians that came from India were low cast just the majority but thanks for correction/clarifying anyway!
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 10:16:29 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 16, 2011, 12:47:04 AM »
socapro not all the indians who went to Trinidad was low caste.. am bramhan.. My aja was born In UP India. My entire generation speaks two type of Hindi .. Trini Hindi and Indian Hindi.. I also speak fluent hindi .No disrespect meant to you pro jes correcting you a little..nuff fellas here  drawing wrong card . lets concentrate on football and stop the talk bout who supporting who.. shit when grenada comes to the stadium I could swear we in Grenada.. Lets  concentrate on football and stop the shit.. am Indian and proud just as Many of my  african Trini who are proud to be African.. Lets concentrate and football dont let this game divide us.. Its nothing new Indians in trinidad and Guyana have been supporting India frm 19 0 long... Lets concentrate on ball.. Moderators I really dont like where This thread is going you guys need to step in and do your job.. This is football not a racial war ... Who cares who could speak hindi and who cant... that should not be here this is football.. Lets concentrate and football guys.. Football...

war
Sttuueepppssssss!!! you so sensitive?? look how far you take ah little informative session and make it into mein kampf. wham yuh afraid of the truth or what? it's not like ppl making this up, bottom line is that it did and does happen, and @ that time it was ah big diss!

i remember my dad and uncles and a lot of trinis including white and frenchcreoles alike being very upset with that oval incident saying that these ppl don't want tuh integrate and that is killing the togetherness and underminding the unity of the country.

so if yuh cyar take it then overs the thread, doh run to the mods like ah lil baby, it did happen and ppl taking bout it bc it was kinda fack up and unpatriotic! imagine ah rural country dick head runnin and rejoicing after we lose to india bout "dey cyar beat we". ssttuuueeepppsssssss! 

PS: even fenwick love trinidad more than them indian trinis who does support india instead of the country of their birth. fackin losers!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 01:01:48 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

1]; } ?>