March 28, 2024, 10:11:36 AM

Author Topic: Anya Ayoung Chee will be a contestant on Project Runway  (Read 12316 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Anya Ayoung Chee will be a contestant on Project Runway
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2011, 03:24:35 PM »
My niece go follow her 1 day minus d sex tape.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2011, 03:46:41 PM »
If it happens I will be happy for her...

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2011, 11:43:49 AM »
extra incentive to watch it

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2011, 06:26:52 PM »
anya is doing rel good so far on project runway. this is the first and most like only season i wud watch just because she on it. under all d ole talk, d girl real talented in her designing, very creative

apparently she only learnt to sew four months before goin on the show and sewing better than some of the other contestants who sewing for years

in the first week, she came in the top three, and she was in the top eight in the second week.

here is her facebook profile for the show https://www.facebook.com/AnyaAyoungChee

the show is on LIFETIME  8) on thursdays at nine for anyone who interested
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2011, 03:03:04 AM »
anya is doing rel good so far on project runway. this is the first and most like only season i wud watch just because she on it. under all d ole talk, d girl real talented in her designing, very creative

apparently she only learnt to sew four months before goin on the show and sewing better than some of the other contestants who sewing for years

in the first week, she came in the top three, and she was in the top eight in the second week.

here is her facebook profile for the show https://www.facebook.com/AnyaAyoungChee

the show is on LIFETIME  8) on thursdays at nine for anyone who interested

I just watch episode one. They wanted to bounce her from the show becz she had just learnt how to sew and she got help with her designs before coming on. However, she did well and impressed them with her designs and sewing. Yep this is a big boost for her career. Loved the top she made from her pyjamas.

I eh lke she hairstyle though.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2011, 10:55:05 AM »
Anya makes top nine in Project Runway
Published: Thu, 2011-09-15 16:43

Trinidad and Tobago’s Anya Ayoung-Chee is among the top contenders on the popular television reality show Project Runway. Anya is now among the top nine designers as the show heads to its grand finale.
Last Friday, one of the most eagerly anticipated events of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in New York—the taping of the Project Runway finale—took place, causing a frenzy of speculation.

Because taping for the Lifetime show’s finale is done before many of the designer contestants have actually been eliminated in the episodes that have aired, the taping was staged so that all nine of the designers remaining as of the last episode presented a ten-piece collection. Of course, viewers at home will only see the top three finalists once the finale airs. As is tradition, the final judging was taped secretly at a separate location.

The presence of the extra contestants invited all sorts of speculation in the audience, of course, with many attendees at the taping watching the reactions and note taking (or lack thereof) of judges Michael Kors, Heidi Klum, Nina Garcia and guest judge L’Wren Scott as each collection came down the runway.
Audience consensus seemed to be that the best collections were the S&M-tinged pieces by Olivier Green and the black-and-gold-themed pieces by Laura Kathleen. Anya, a fan favourite, won praise for her Caribbean-flavoured dresses and separates.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Anya Ayoung-Chee On Hot 97 With DJ Cipha Sounds
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2011, 03:22:53 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/HtFKZJzb-5U" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/HtFKZJzb-5U</a>
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Anya Ayoung-Chee On Hot 97 With DJ Cipha Sounds
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2011, 12:20:03 PM »
She should send Gabrielle Walcott a memo.

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2011, 01:46:06 PM »
Fershure....She sounding worst than me boii. I don't even think I speak that "trini". LOL

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2011, 06:26:02 PM »
9PM est tonite on lifetime fellas...dis girl known fuh she sex tape now above anything else :applause:

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2011, 07:11:43 AM »
I saw the show early this morning. She won the design contest. Actually she was pretty good. She did not do a Yankee accent. Just plain Trini accent with "proper" pronounciations. So people, she has talent.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2011, 10:14:16 AM »
I saw the show early this morning. She won the design contest. Actually she was pretty good. She did not do a Yankee accent. Just plain Trini accent with "proper" pronounciations. So people, she has talent.

i agree...my wife and i thought last night that viktor would have won...(his designs were that good)  but she pulled it off using only $11.50 worth of material!

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2011, 02:48:55 PM »

i agree...my wife and i thought last night that viktor would have won...(his designs were that good)  but she pulled it off using only $11.50 worth of material!

did anya win the comp?

i believe i have only watched one show, haven't seen it since, when is the final episode for the winner?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2011, 02:54:13 PM »

did anya win the comp?

i believe i have only watched one show, haven't seen it since, when is the final episode for the winner?

She won that segment. She and  the others would move on to the next one, I guess. She was really good seeing that she lost the 100 that was given to her, and then pull it off with 11 bucks of material. I getting to like she , but cupid keep putting that u-tube video in my imagination.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2011, 02:57:38 PM »

did anya win the comp?

She won that segment. She and  the others would move on to the next one, I guess. She was really good seeing that she lost the 100 that was given to her, and then pull it off with 11 bucks of material. I getting to like she , but cupid keep putting that u-tube video in my imagination.

:D

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2011, 04:53:40 PM »
I getting to like she , but cupid keep putting that u-tube video in my imagination.

So whey yuh saying Deeks... she spoil because she take ah totoe in she mouth and bottom? LOL

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2011, 05:48:09 PM »
I getting to like she , but cupid keep putting that u-tube video in my imagination.

So whey yuh saying Deeks... she spoil because she take ah totoe in she mouth and bottom? LOL

oh gosh,  do rub it in nah man!!!  but seriously sex tape aside, I was glad for the TRINI lady. I can't help it when a Trini in foreign do something good. Even my daughter was proud. I did mention to her of Anya brief movie career. She replied Oh! Oh! But she was glad for her. yes I supporting she in her fashion ventures.We don't want to hear, see or know what she do behind close doors. Cupid!!!!........stop nah!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2011, 06:19:52 PM »
oh gosh,  do rub it in nah man!!!  but seriously sex tape aside, I was glad for the TRINI lady. I can't help it when a Trini in foreign do something good. Even my daughter was proud. I did mention to her of Anya brief movie career. She replied Oh! Oh! But she was glad for her. yes I supporting she in her fashion ventures.We don't want to hear, see or know what she do behind close doors. Cupid!!!!........stop nah!

Well honestly, I was hating on she because from my perspective she bypass de locals tuh go ramp with ah white foreign fella... but admittedly that is harsh on my part.  I am not a fan, and kinda roll mih eyes when ah first hear she would be on this show.  Doh really care one way or another, but if I had to I would definitely root her on.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2011, 05:35:42 AM »
Right, just voted for she (again  ;D) to win the most votes from fans contest......

http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/project-runway/season-9/fan-favorite

I was rooting for she from day one....never even watched the show before and probably wont ever again when this season done....unless a next T&T national goes on the show.  Who knows, Gabrielle might want to try she hand.....Americans eh goh have any difficulty understanding she....fer sherrrr...... :devil: ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2011, 07:51:49 AM »
Yeah i backing her all the way.. I actually try to catch at least the ending of the show on a thursday to see if she make it and she continuously impressing with her designs.

strong lesson here in overcoming adversity. Imagine where she was a couple years ago, she must have wanted the ground to open up and swallow her.. and now to overcome the scandal, embrace it and come out of that stronger than ever she have my utmost respect.

Hope she win.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2011, 09:27:56 PM »
I supportin' her because she's a Trini, but I eh have the belly tuh watch project runway...

What's the big deal with her doing a sex tape?  Oh the hypocrisy that the institution of "beauty pageantry" which blatanly objectifies women casts a judging eye on her for it. 

If she was my gyul ah probably woulda be kinda insecure about that being in her past under macho/ego/pride kinda scenes, but as a neutral who f*ckin' cares?

I was disappointed by it, but only because the video wasn't that good lol....

« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 09:48:51 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2011, 09:47:49 PM »
I eh read through de thread, but she have she green card or she ah Dual Citizen? Just wondering how she get to be on de show.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2011, 07:39:07 AM »
I eh read through de thread, but she have she green card or she ah Dual Citizen? Just wondering how she get to be on de show.

Never watched the show or ever plan to, but you got me thinking about the eligibility requirements as well. managed to find this from a previous season:

http://a248.e.akamai.net/f/248/17859/1d/deliveryag1.download.akamai.com/17859/seenon/pr/ProjectRunwayapp3.pdf

2. ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
• You must be at least 21 years of age by September 15, 2008.
• You must be either:
a) a legal resident of the U.S. or
b) able to obtain the necessary visa or waiver to allow you to stay in the U.S for the
filming of the program

• You must not have had gross sales of more than $100,000/year as a fashion designer.

I guess her B1/B2 visa  would be all she needs, provided she got the full 6 months on entering the US.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2011, 02:13:42 PM »

Just yesterday I watched a delayed version of the last espisode.

Many have been impressed with her skill.
When she lose she money I thought she was dead for sure.

Went on Wikipedia, apparently she was born in the US and has US citizenship. Since the show started I have been wondering how she was eligible. I will probably never watch this show again until a next Trini on it but is real drama on that program especially with the bullers getting their little fit and histronics and I notice the Tall buffed one starting to steal ppl design. You eh see the cut eye the black chick hit him when she realize what he doing. This is the second episode back to back he get ketch and is the same fella he copying all de time.

VB

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2011, 12:38:07 PM »

Just yesterday I watched a delayed version of the last espisode.

Many have been impressed with her skill.
When she lose she money I thought she was dead for sure.

Went on Wikipedia, apparently she was born in the US and has US citizenship. Since the show started I have been wondering how she was eligible. I will probably never watch this show again until a next Trini on it but is real drama on that program especially with the bullers getting their little fit and histronics and I notice the Tall buffed one starting to steal ppl design. You eh see the cut eye the black chick hit him when she realize what he doing. This is the second episode back to back he get ketch and is the same fella he copying all de time.

VB

sadly the one who tiefin designs is my namesake (josh)...i reall want him to get cut, he does get on too dramatic sometimes.   the old man just coming along, holdin steady, ppl better watch out for him.  i find viktor have a nice taste, the cut and line of his clothes is on point. the wife does watch the show dais how i know so much :D  (same ting with dancing with the stars)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2011, 04:56:36 AM »
i find viktor have a nice taste, the cut and line of his clothes is on point.

I have a feeling that Viktor would have won that last challenge but perhaps they gave Anya the edge because she was able to persevere and still design something worthy after all that drama with her losing her money......Viktor's designs were the only other designs they rated very highly....

Btw, all yuh doh forget to vote eh..... ;D
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2011, 07:09:40 PM »
she won again last night......
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2011, 12:12:20 PM »
i find viktor have a nice taste, the cut and line of his clothes is on point.

I have a feeling that Viktor would have won that last challenge but perhaps they gave Anya the edge because she was able to persevere and still design something worthy after all that drama with her losing her money......Viktor's designs were the only other designs they rated very highly....

Btw, all yuh doh forget to vote eh..... ;D

I agree, I also thought Victor would've wond that challenge. What nobody mentioned is that he was the only one who refused to help Anya when she lost her money. The btch must be feel it when she won.  :devil:

Anya did it again the last rounds. I noticed only Laura has never won a challenge.
I also noticed how Anya tried to side step Josh when he wanted to borrow some material. While I totally agree that at that this stage is every man for himself. Anya has to remember when she lost her money last rounds, most ppl jumped in to giver her a hand.

Josh had a point that if you had to get cut out of your dress, how you go win?

Sorry to see Bert go. You watch these ppl come through the trials and tribulations, you does feel for them at this late stage.
I think Josh will go next. I does feel he stress, also with all the sacrifices he made to stay in NY and not being around when his mother was ill.

You cah falter at this stage nah.

VB

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2011, 05:48:41 AM »
She in Fashion Week!!!  But she lagging behind in Fan Favourite votes.....all yuh vote nah!!

#PR9anya
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

1]; } ?>