April 19, 2024, 09:39:39 AM

Author Topic: Anya Ayoung Chee will be a contestant on Project Runway  (Read 12399 times)

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
Re: Anya Ayoung-Chee On Hot 97 With DJ Cipha Sounds
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2011, 01:10:01 AM »
Well the finals done.

She placed in the top three; however, they didn't bother to tell us in what order.
However, logic dictates that the top two was she and Victor in whatever order you like.

I'll probably never watch a fashion show like that again.
Josh eh play he bad talk dat woman nah ;-)

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2011, 04:57:53 AM »
Well the finals done.

She placed in the top three; however, they didn't bother to tell us in what order.
However, logic dictates that the top two was she and Victor in whatever order you like.
VB

How you know this??  Yuh letting the cat out the bag man.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2011, 09:28:33 AM »
Well the finals done.

VB

You damn right.
They called it the Final Test or some shit like that so I thought it finish.

There are two more episodes, they are designing for Fashion Week or somebody like that - so it looks like meh show eh done yet.  ;)

VB

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2011, 07:38:06 AM »
Well the finals done.

VB

You damn right.

There are two more episodes, they are designing for Fashion Week or somebody like that - so it looks like meh show eh done yet.  ;)

VB

Boy mih eh know what happen with Anya but she design one pack ah crap and nearly get booted off Thursday night.  Ah feel because Heidi likes her she was allowed to stay on.  And to add insult to injury she say Tobago was she inspiration!!  She had some other fabrics she showed Tim when he came to Trinidad to visit but had nothing made at the time....and den reach back NY with I eh know what de hell dat was....

Anywho, that Anthony Ryan fella still in the lead so all yuh vote nah....apparently you can use Hootsuite to upload plenty, plenty tweets on twitter to register a vote....all yuh techie ones, organise nah....fellas do it for the ladies in your life..... ;D  Ah know all yuh really doh give a crap bout this show.  And if yuh like mih next door neighbour, he girlfriend cyar watch it cuz he eh want to see all them faggots on he TV screen..... ::) ::)
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2011, 11:40:48 PM »
Well the finals done.

VB

You damn right.

VB

Boy mih eh know what happen with Anya but she design one pack ah crap and nearly get booted off Thursday night.  Ah feel because Heidi likes her she was allowed to stay on.  And to add insult to injury she say Tobago was she inspiration!!  She had some other fabrics she showed Tim when he came to Trinidad to visit but had nothing made at the time....and den reach back NY with I eh know what de hell dat was....

Anywho, that Anthony Ryan fella still in the lead so all yuh vote nah....apparently you can use Hootsuite to upload plenty, plenty tweets on twitter to register a vote....all yuh techie ones, organise nah....fellas do it for the ladies in your life..... ;D  Ah know all yuh really doh give a crap bout this show.  And if yuh like mih next door neighbour, he girlfriend cyar watch it cuz he eh want to see all them faggots on he TV screen..... ::) ::)

I eh know what de Hell going on neither nah. She come last but for some reason dey real like her on that show, especially Heidi.

I see Josh complaining about how she get a bligh. This time, I cah blame him.
I real feel for Anya when  I see she crying.

VB

truetrini

Re: Anya Ayoung-Chee is de WINNER!
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2011, 08:30:48 PM »
Anya is de winner!!!!!!

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2011, 08:31:40 PM »
sooo proud of meh girl...but the judges had real like her...kors in particular

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2011, 08:59:20 PM »
dem judges real tief muh head dey. thought it would have been Josh for a minute. but Anya really had a solid collection
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2011, 10:03:53 PM »
So sahe win d ting. CONGRATSSSSSSSS
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2011, 04:44:05 AM »
BREAKING NEWS - Anya wins Project Runway
T&T Express Reports.

Trinidad and Tobago's Anya Ayoung-Chee has won Project Runway. Ayoung-Chee was declared the winner of season nine, on Lifetime Television, tonight.

Project Runway is a reality television series in which fashion designers compete. It is hosted by supermodel Heidi Klum.

See Saturday's Express for the full story on Ayoung-Chee's Project Runway triumph, and Sunday's Express Woman for an interview with the former Miss Trinidad and Tobago.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2011, 05:44:17 AM »
 :wavetowel: :wavetowel:

"Tobago Love" in dey pweffen!!.....BOOM!!!   ;D
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Anya Ayoung Chee will be a contestant on Project Runway
« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2011, 07:49:22 AM »
Really happy for Anya and she represented the country well.

She was just on Good Morning America biggin up the country; she say the model with the opening dress also from T&T.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2011, 12:05:01 PM »
Really happy for Anya and she represented the country well.

She was just on Good Morning America biggin up the country; she say the model with the opening dress also from T&T.

Look like she handlin de cold weather good
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2QfaU37qOY
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/N2QfaU37qOY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/N2QfaU37qOY</a>

« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 12:09:10 PM by Dutty »
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 28, 2011, 01:16:57 PM »
Breaking news is right
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 28, 2011, 01:50:03 PM »
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 29, 2011, 08:16:08 AM »
I am largely indifferent to the whole hoopla around both the chick sheself and this supposed milestone, but kudos to her still.  This is her chosen profession and there is no other way to interpret this other than as a significant achievement for her.  It is telling too that you no longer hear references to the sex tape... or at least that none was made in the wake of her achievement.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 29, 2011, 02:43:41 PM »
It is telling too that you no longer hear references to the sex tape... or at least that none was made in the wake of her achievement.

She herself discussed it on the show last week and yes the talk around the tape has resurfaced and I'm not quite sure what you mean by "supposed" milestone....I am no big fan of the show but it apparently has been a big stepping stone in the career of persons in the design field.....well that's what I'm reading. 
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 29, 2011, 06:14:22 PM »
It is telling too that you no longer hear references to the sex tape... or at least that none was made in the wake of her achievement.

She herself discussed it on the show last week and yes the talk around the tape has resurfaced and I'm not quite sure what you mean by "supposed" milestone....I am no big fan of the show but it apparently has been a big stepping stone in the career of persons in the design field.....well that's what I'm reading. 

It is a "supposed" milestone because as far as the international fashion scene is concerned this win hardly merits a footnote. In  the fishpond that is TnT this is huge. Even in the fashion world here in the US, it's a good, but hardly starmaking achievement.  My point isn't to belittle her achievement, but rather to say that this is "Project Runway"... not ANTM or Idol.

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 29, 2011, 06:34:06 PM »
Bakes, clearly you haven't heard the whispers that she is to be given a national award. Even the Prime Minister offered congratulations ::) ::). This to a woman who went on a reality show. She wasn't even an official representative of the country on the show. I mean I'm happy for her achievement but at the end of the day it's hers.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2011, 09:33:47 PM »
Bakes, clearly you haven't heard the whispers that she is to be given a national award. Even the Prime Minister offered congratulations ::) ::). This to a woman who went on a reality show. She wasn't even an official representative of the country on the show. I mean I'm happy for her achievement but at the end of the day it's hers.

I doh mind celebrating and thing but yeah... by the way folks acting yuh'd swear is ah Nobel she win. I dey on FB posting about de World Series Game 7 and man come talking about "sports?? tuhnite is all about Anya"... lol, really?

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 30, 2011, 07:44:50 AM »

I doh mind celebrating and thing but yeah... by the way folks acting yuh'd swear is ah Nobel she win. I dey on FB posting about de World Series Game 7 and man come talking about "sports?? tuhnite is all about Anya"... lol, really?

World Series?? as in Baseball??  eeeeewwww.....time to revoke your T&T citizenship.    ;D
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 30, 2011, 08:55:14 AM »
World Series?? as in Baseball??  eeeeewwww.....time to revoke your T&T citizenship.    ;D

Haha.. I'z just ah sports peong.. I'd probably watch most championship games, but baseball arrite man.  No worse than cricket ;D

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2011, 02:12:42 PM »

Haha.. I'z just ah sports peong.. I'd probably watch most championship games, but baseball arrite man.  No worse than cricket ;D

Can't believe Texas gave away game 6 but this thread is all about Anya so we can discuss the world series in the other sports section ;D

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 30, 2011, 03:11:47 PM »

Can't believe Texas gave away game 6 but this thread is all about Anya so we can discuss the world series in the other sports section ;D

Man doh even get me started... that was the same night it was announced that she won.  I still vex... as ah tell mih Texan friends, "dai'z what ah get fuh rooting fuh ah team from Tesux" lol

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 30, 2011, 08:34:33 PM »

Man doh even get me started... that was the same night it was announced that she won.  I still vex... as ah tell mih Texan friends, "dai'z what ah get fuh rooting fuh ah team from Tesux" lol

Good one :beermug: I really wanted their manager to win a world series but like I said, this is all about Anya :wavetowel:

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 31, 2011, 01:42:07 AM »
Let the madness begin..!!

Govt goes after Anya
Griffith wants 'Project Runway' winner to promote tourism for T&T

By Nigel Telesford
Story Created: Oct 31, 2011 at 12:52 AM ECT
 Story Updated: Oct 31, 2011 at 12:52 AM ECT
Project Runway winner Anya Ayoung-Chee is being sought by the Ministry of Tourism to accompany a local delegation scheduled to attend the World Travel Market in London next month. This was revealed by Tourism Minister Dr Rupert Griffith as he attended the final day of the Taste T&T Culinary Festival held at the Hasely Crawford Stadium in Port of Spain yesterday.

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/Govt_goes_after_Anya_-132900993.html

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 03, 2011, 06:31:28 AM »
Just don't get carried away and name her a cultural ambassador.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 03, 2011, 07:10:38 AM »
Just don't get carried away and name her a cultural ambassador.

Let's see: Jack Warner compromises himself in football to the tune of millions of dollars and he gets to be Acting PM.

Anil Roberts licks JW's backside for a few years, ignores the negatives in TT football and becomes Minister of Sport.

Manning and Panday both in charge of Govt.s that embezzle over a billion dollars and neither make a jail.

Intelligent, beautiful woman, well spoken and talented, excels in her prfession infront of the movers and shakers of Hollywood and the Fashion industry. Does it on prime time tv, conducts herself with class and gives our country free promotion to the tune of millions.

Nah, Cultural Amassador cah be for she.  ::)

What then.... PM? Minister? Put she to run TIDCO ;-)

VB

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 03, 2011, 07:40:31 AM »
Her designs and color schemes delivered no dept, she rehashed a lot of local designs, I wanted to see her go outside the box, but she instead provided a kaleidoscope of caribbean colors. I think she took a page out of Yoko Fungs' designs. Anyhow congrats.

1]; } ?>