April 27, 2024, 07:31:23 AM

Author Topic: National Championships... any predictions?  (Read 5060 times)

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: National Championships... any predictions?
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2011, 12:45:29 PM »
I fully agree with all Richard has said in those tweets. With trials being that close to WC's they should take the route of just cancelling the trials all together and just send the top 3 athletes in every event athletes who has met the requisite IAAF qualifying standards.

They cannot be seriously asking people to come home 2 weeks before the WC's at a very crucial point of their preparation. Utter madness!!! >:(
Psalm 14:1
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2011, 02:26:35 PM »
I fully agree with all Richard has said in those tweets. With trials being that close to WC's they should take the route of just cancelling the trials all together and just send the top 3 athletes in every event athletes who has met the requisite IAAF qualifying standards.

They cannot be seriously asking people to come home 2 weeks before the WC's at a very crucial point of their preparation. Utter madness!!! >:(

This late championships is a very bad idea. Its better to shorten it and squeeze it into July. Sending the top 3 means that RT will surely go. But its not fair to the other athletes.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2011, 09:24:27 PM »
The TTNAAA is holding a "twilight meet" to tune up the senior athletes. It will be stage this weekend starting tomorrow. Looks like we will get the 100m showdowns!

http://www.trackalerts.com/news/quick-news/3814-latest-stories/4865-naaa-track-and-field-1st-twilight-meet-on-25th-june.html
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 10:05:40 PM by gawd on pitch »

Offline STMB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2011, 05:44:23 PM »
T&T relay women secure World Championship berth
Story Created: Jun 27, 2011 at 12:34 AM ECT
Story Updated: Jun 27, 2011 at 12:34 AM ECT

Aleesha Barber, Semoy Hackett, Kai Selvon and Kelly-Ann Baptiste combined to earn victory for Trinidad and Tobago in the women's 4x100 metres relay, at the Bahamas National Track and Field Championships, on Saturday. The T&T quartet clocked 43.40 seconds, well inside the 44.00 World Championship qualifying standard. Bahamas "A", anchored by Debbie Ferguson-McKenzie, secured silver in 43.62, while third spot was copped by Bahamas "B" (44.66).

T&T's men's 4x400m team fell short of World Championship qualification by just 31-hundredths of a second.
The T&T combination of Renny Quow, Jarrin Solomon, Ade Alleyne-Forte and Deon Lendore returned a time of three minutes, 04.31 seconds to finish second. Bahamas "A" won in 3:02.56. T&T will have another shot at the 3:04.00 World Championship qualifying standard at the July 15-17 Central American and Caribbean (CAC) Senior Championships, in Mayaguez, Puerto Rico. T&T's sprint relay men have already qualified for the World Championships. The Championships will be staged in Daegu, Korea between August 27 and September 4.

Great going by the T&T women taking down an ever dangerous Bahamas quartet!

I am hoping that the men's 4x4 ranks will be bolstered by Hewitt and Lalonde to get that 3:04 qualifier in Puerto Rico. The way Jamaica and the US are having a "so-so" year in the 400m, we might shock some teams and make the WC 4x4 final, and maybe even be competitive there.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2011, 06:49:53 PM »
T&T relay women secure World Championship berth
Story Created: Jun 27, 2011 at 12:34 AM ECT
Story Updated: Jun 27, 2011 at 12:34 AM ECT

Aleesha Barber, Semoy Hackett, Kai Selvon and Kelly-Ann Baptiste combined to earn victory for Trinidad and Tobago in the women's 4x100 metres relay, at the Bahamas National Track and Field Championships, on Saturday. The T&T quartet clocked 43.40 seconds, well inside the 44.00 World Championship qualifying standard. Bahamas "A", anchored by Debbie Ferguson-McKenzie, secured silver in 43.62, while third spot was copped by Bahamas "B" (44.66).

T&T's men's 4x400m team fell short of World Championship qualification by just 31-hundredths of a second.
The T&T combination of Renny Quow, Jarrin Solomon, Ade Alleyne-Forte and Deon Lendore returned a time of three minutes, 04.31 seconds to finish second. Bahamas "A" won in 3:02.56. T&T will have another shot at the 3:04.00 World Championship qualifying standard at the July 15-17 Central American and Caribbean (CAC) Senior Championships, in Mayaguez, Puerto Rico. T&T's sprint relay men have already qualified for the World Championships. The Championships will be staged in Daegu, Korea between August 27 and September 4.

Great going by the T&T women taking down an ever dangerous Bahamas quartet!

I am hoping that the men's 4x4 ranks will be bolstered by Hewitt and Lalonde to get that 3:04 qualifier in Puerto Rico. The way Jamaica and the US are having a "so-so" year in the 400m, we might shock some teams and make the WC 4x4 final, and maybe even be competitive there.

That is a good accomplishment by the womens 4x100. Didnt Bahamas come third last World Champs? I think they have a realistic chance of securing a medal in this event.

The Mens 4x400 also shows some promise. DL is still young and AAF can easily be replaced by ZH, Lalonde or even JG. This event is pretty even. These 9 teams could easily medal: USA, BAH, JAM, S.A, GRN, UK, T&T, JAP, AUS.

Offline Trini1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2011, 01:29:39 AM »
Bahamas women WON THE SILVER at the last world champs and we came second last. That is a nice team i hope Kelly is taking her time to get back into full fitness. Only thing i would change is Aleesha with Reyare/Michelle lee Ahye. That's a solid team and with some work on the baton passes we can definitely secure a medal.

Yes the 4x4 shows so much promise it's unbelievable. I would love for all of our 400m men to race in a national champs that's a good amount of solid 400m runners at best ranging from 44's-46's.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2011, 05:30:10 PM »
Bahamas women WON THE SILVER at the last world champs and we came second last. That is a nice team i hope Kelly is taking her time to get back into full fitness. Only thing i would change is Aleesha with Reyare/Michelle lee Ahye. That's a solid team and with some work on the baton passes we can definitely secure a medal.

Yes the 4x4 shows so much promise it's unbelievable. I would love for all of our 400m men to race in a national champs that's a good amount of solid 400m runners at best ranging from 44's-46's.

All we need is for one of these guys to run 44s. RQ has done it before. I expect either ZH or LG to become our next sub 45 runner. If not then MC will do it within the next two years.

1]; } ?>