March 28, 2024, 04:32:12 PM

Author Topic: Women's World Cup  (Read 222140 times)

Offline Andre DosSantos

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Women's World Cup
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2011, 07:14:55 AM »
:o see that bess header new zealand score ? 1-1

yea man i saw it, it was quite a good header, she lost her marker quite well

Offline Andre DosSantos

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2011, 07:20:15 AM »
jpan is playing the better football completely i am feeling maybe a 3-1 or 4-2 game in favour of japan. There ball movement on and off the ball is better than NZL and they are hustling for the ball always. I am hoping they go far

Offline Andre DosSantos

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2011, 08:26:46 AM »
2-1 japan in the 67th min

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2011, 08:27:05 AM »
What a free kick by Japan , baby beckham lol 2-1
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2011, 08:27:58 AM »
She make that look so easy. Japan have a good knock.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Andre DosSantos

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2011, 08:46:40 AM »
any thoughts on the Iwabuchi youngster?

Offline Andre DosSantos

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2011, 08:56:22 AM »
2-1 Japan final score.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2011, 09:56:51 AM »
Mexico vs England (now) Go Mexico!

Live Feeds
http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=120894&part=sports

TV - SportMax (local)

Espn (foriegn based)

edit: England playin rel good. 1nil   
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 10:25:30 AM by D.H.W »
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2011, 10:35:44 AM »
waaay mexican woman rip a bullet outside d 18 yard in d jep nest. 1-1 this match is rel pace  :o
Youtube Channel

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2011, 10:39:18 AM »
waaay mexican woman rip a bullet outside d 18 yard in d jep nest. 1-1 this match is rel pace  :o

She really wet that. The young keeper from Mexico on.

First time I seeing England playing so well. I want to see if they will play that well with a more physical team.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2011, 11:51:37 AM »
i hope our women watching how to pass and keep possesion properly. Mexico is now miles ahead of us. England get held.
Youtube Channel

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2011, 01:24:17 PM »

From "outside de 18"?  Dat ting was from about 30 meters... real pace on dat shot.  More pace dan some ah dem weak goals ah see scoring in MLS. I doubt it had ah man was holding dat... maybe parry it aside.  Great goal.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2011, 02:27:02 PM »
found it.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/JCzaC-8TNXg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/JCzaC-8TNXg</a>

USA vs Korea DPR tommorow ,  :whip: go Korea!
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 02:29:29 PM by D.H.W »
Youtube Channel

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2011, 02:30:54 PM »
From "outside de 18"?  Dat ting was from about 30 meters... real pace on dat shot.  More pace dan some ah dem weak goals ah see scoring in MLS. I doubt it had ah man was holding dat... maybe parry it aside.  Great goal.

Good hit - routine save in the men's game though...
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2011, 02:41:52 PM »

Could definitely "save" it... I say I doubt ah man was 'holding' or in other words catching it, because of the power.  But you could be right... maybe it is routine as yuh say.

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 27, 2011, 02:47:27 PM »

Routine save meh arse....That was a great strike.  Give credit where credit is due....  Man or woman, great strike and that scoring....
Arimian to meh heart

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #46 on: June 27, 2011, 02:54:30 PM »

agreed

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 27, 2011, 02:58:00 PM »
Routine save meh arse....That was a great strike.  Give credit where credit is due....  Man or woman, great strike and that scoring....

I gave credit - it was a great strike.  But from that far out a good GK at the int'l level would have positioned himself to make that save pretty easily.  Look at the replay again, and look at the GK's attempt to save the shot...In the men's game that would be a near gaffe.  

I eh trying to fight down, but GK in the women's game is one of areas for vast improvement in my opinion...  Other aspects of the women's game have come a long way IMO, but GK still kinda struggling.  

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 27, 2011, 03:11:31 PM »

Could definitely "save" it... I say I doubt ah man was 'holding' or in other words catching it, because of the power.  But you could be right... maybe it is routine as yuh say.

Yeah probably woulda parry to be safe. See that alot of the time on occasions where yuh think a keeper could try and hold...

Anyhow, doh lemme be no kill joy...she rip a bullet from 35 yards in a World Cup... That's about all there is to it. 

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 27, 2011, 03:19:51 PM »
GooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooolazO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 27, 2011, 03:31:17 PM »
I eh trying to fight down, but GK in the women's game is one of areas for vast improvement in my opinion...  Other aspects of the women's game have come a long way IMO, but GK still kinda struggling.  

Probably because of the degree of athleticism involved?  Of course many non-athletic keepers make up for that with great positioning.

Keeper couda do better though... at least dive better and hit de post, make de string up look nice  :D

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 27, 2011, 03:46:33 PM »
 I think its THAT keeper that messed up, ive seen women pull saves like that off already , if you watch WPS on FSC. For a keeper of her experience she mess that up. Just look at the first game Sun , the Canada keeper was flying , And the German keeper beast that aint concede in 600+ minutes

Funny thing is that she speaks about preconceptions about women goalkeepers out of date, but she guilty of  messing up a save  :devil:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2011/jun/27/women-world-cup-goalkeepers

But men does do shit also , so it kinda unfair to brand women in general for one keeper mess. There are excellent women keepers out there , at least for the more established teams like Germany , USA etc etc

« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 03:53:18 PM by D.H.W »
Youtube Channel

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2011, 03:49:04 PM »
The Canadian who scored against Germany yesterday could ah string in man in that goal.

Offline richpy

• Sr. Warrior
  • *Marta is ah boss*
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 27, 2011, 04:02:41 PM »
The Canadian who scored against Germany yesterday could ah string in man in that goal.

For real, plenty man ain't getting to dat!
A good keeper should save the mexican bullet eh, but look at the dip on that shot
That Mexican hit that like she expected to score - ah like the confidence.
Ketch footballitis

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 27, 2011, 04:17:18 PM »

I gave credit - it was a great strike.  But from that far out a good GK at the int'l level would have positioned himself to make that save pretty easily.  Look at the replay again, and look at the GK's attempt to save the shot...In the men's game that would be a near gaffe.  

You might need to read this about women goalkeepers
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 09:03:03 PM by MEP »

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 27, 2011, 04:28:52 PM »
Watch the Japanese free kick from today :party: Alyuh hard back man aint saving that  :devil:

1:12 min

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/b5X4PfgF6P8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/b5X4PfgF6P8</a>

Youtube Channel

Offline Soccer 19

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 27, 2011, 04:55:56 PM »
Aye Canada extended the Germans. Yes the Germans we physically superio, but that did not scare the Canadians. They took it to the fraulines. The score could have been 2-2, 3-3, 3-2 or 4-3 for Germany. Champman had a very good game. Them German girls could not outrun she.

Deeks come on are you saying that it could've been a tie ?? The only shot canada had on net was the free kick. Geremy dominated every aspect of this match. The score should benn 5-1 or more for Germany & that is being polite. Chapman & I know her well was very nervous and you could see it in her play however she was the only defender that was on the ball on the back as defense was the Canadians weak point as it is normally a strength.

Being Canadian & seeing this team play & practise they were outclassed by the Germans in all faucets of this match. The possesion stat is a very miss-leading stat. canada is ranked sixth in the world and well desreved however there is a huge gap between 1 & 6. Even Morace was happy that escpaed with the result they did.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 27, 2011, 05:57:21 PM »
Aye Canada extended the Germans. Yes the Germans we physically superio, but that did not scare the Canadians. They took it to the fraulines. The score could have been 2-2, 3-3, 3-2 or 4-3 for Germany. Champman had a very good game. Them German girls could not outrun she.

Deeks come on are you saying that it could've been a tie ?? The only shot canada had on net was the free kick. Geremy dominated every aspect of this match. The score should benn 5-1 or more for Germany & that is being polite. Chapman & I know her well was very nervous and you could see it in her play however she was the only defender that was on the ball on the back as defense was the Canadians weak point as it is normally a strength.

Being Canadian & seeing this team play & practise they were outclassed by the Germans in all faucets of this match. The possesion stat is a very miss-leading stat. canada is ranked sixth in the world and well desreved however there is a huge gap between 1 & 6. Even Morace was happy that escpaed with the result they did.

Bro,
       It could have been 5-1. But I watch the entire game. I fine the Canucks went toe to toe with the Germans. Yes the Fraulins had more chances that they should have put away. But Canada was not bad. Plus the free-kicks was world class. I guess 1st game jitters had a lot to do with that. But let's see what happens next game.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #58 on: June 27, 2011, 06:16:22 PM »
That was an outstanding strike. You right ,it would take a miraculous effort from any keeper to prevent that one. This Mexico ,nah, as kicker say 'routine save'. If we actually still had a national team and a shot like that score on us we woulda say Jan/Phillips do shit.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 27, 2011, 11:31:08 PM »
That was an outstanding strike. You right ,it would take a miraculous effort from any keeper to prevent that one. This Mexico ,nah, as kicker say 'routine save'. If we actually still had a national team and a shot like that score on us we woulda say Jan/Phillips do shit.

Even the Canadian free-kick, as nice as it was, coulda been saved easily.  My gyul, Brianna Scurry, was savin' dat.  The ball pass right by the 'keeper hand and she didn't get a whole lot of elevation on dat.  The English 'keeper got zero altitude on dat Mexican bullet!

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

1]; } ?>