March 29, 2024, 10:03:07 AM

Author Topic: Women's World Cup  (Read 222247 times)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Women's World Cup
« Reply #120 on: June 29, 2011, 09:33:13 AM »
The big show down at noon . cah wait to see Marta and dem  :mackdaddy:

Brazil vs Australia (12 noon EST) * < --- :whip: Brazil!!!

Live Feeds

http://extremegoalx.weebly.com/

http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=121211&part=sports

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Andre DosSantos

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 29, 2011, 10:06:06 AM »
Nuff respect to Eq guinea, i wished they had finished there chances and made Norway pay but now this is truly the group of Death.

As one mate said Brasil women's team = Models that can play football

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 29, 2011, 10:07:59 AM »
As one mate said Brasil women's team = Models that can play football

ummm not really eh...
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Andre DosSantos

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 29, 2011, 10:14:05 AM »
i just ignored him really, told him shut up and just enjoy the matches. What do you expect from a yank really.

Offline Andre DosSantos

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 29, 2011, 10:27:19 AM »
man these guys are hating callign osana as formiga for diving and saying they tend to dive alot. ...

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #125 on: June 29, 2011, 10:41:34 AM »
Australia looking solid and Brasil looking like they don't like to defend.

giggsy11

« Reply #126 on: June 29, 2011, 10:44:10 AM »
man these guys are hating callign osana as formiga for diving and saying they tend to dive alot. ...

Yeah boy-that Tony guy is brutal and coming off unprofessional with the ways he is describing some of the Brazilian players 'habits'. I don't know if is an American thing or if he feels he is familiarity with the players because they play in the WPS that he can take liberties. His description of Christian's penchant for being offsides was uncalled for.

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 29, 2011, 10:47:04 AM »
Australia looking solid and Brasil looking like they don't like to defend.

I sense an Australian goal soon ....Brazil looks very ordinary at the moment.

Offline Andre DosSantos

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 29, 2011, 10:47:11 AM »
i wouldn't say they don't like to defend. Its just that alot of people thing austraila's women is a push over team and they are not very far from it. The aussies are quite a solid team and if u got brasil in your grp ofc you are going to plan, play and execute everything as best you can and not give them time on the ball which is what they are doing.

I thought the coach would have played a 4-2-3-1 and not a 3-4-3 because  that is quite ambitious given this group. Brasil defending but  some of there touches are off.

Offline Andre DosSantos

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 29, 2011, 10:48:49 AM »

Yeah boy-that Tony guy is brutal and coming off unprofessional with the ways he is describing some of the Brazilian players 'habits'. I don't know if is an American thing or if he feels he is familiarity with the players because they play in the WPS that he can take liberties. His description of Christian's penchant for being offsides was uncalled for.

You are completely correct Giggsy it was completely uncalled for

giggsy11

« Reply #130 on: June 29, 2011, 10:49:34 AM »
Damn-this Australian women's side may be better than the male side! Nice dribbling skills, passing and control! Brazil's defense looking like their weak link. Tony needs tuh shut d f*ck up with the stats! This is not baseball or the NFL.

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #131 on: June 29, 2011, 10:53:34 AM »
i wouldn't say they don't like to defend. Its just that alot of people thing austraila's women is a push over team and they are not very far from it. The aussies are quite a solid team and if u got brasil in your grp ofc you are going to plan, play and execute everything as best you can and not give them time on the ball which is what they are doing.

I thought the coach would have played a 4-2-3-1 and not a 3-4-3 because  that is quite ambitious given this group. Brasil defending but  some of there touches are off.

They not tracking back hard when they lose it and their marking is loose. That has nothing to do with who their opponent is, it is a mind set. They are relying on being more agile and athletic. Their passing is ordinary too. With all that said they've created two very good chances. I still think Australia is the better team at the moment.

Offline Andre DosSantos

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 29, 2011, 10:55:28 AM »
you have no idea how bad i want to smack this guy up his head, he has no idea of how football is played in brasil or south america apparently. He is talking like these are still the days of Maradona

Offline Andre DosSantos

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 29, 2011, 10:57:28 AM »

They not tracking back hard when they lose it and their marking is loose. That has nothing to do with who their opponent is, it is a mind set. They are relying on being more agile and athletic. Their passing is ordinary too. With all that said they've created two very good chances. I still think Australia is the better team at the moment.

I wouldn't say back tracking is the issue but more so there passing is not up to par, but the formation is what i have an issue with. And the quality of there passing. And they need more movement off the ball

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 29, 2011, 11:02:09 AM »
Brazil looking like they do to much gym & supplements , they looking like Brazilian frauliens....girls strong, buh if ah wanted to watch strong girls play, ah wudda just slap in ah CR Manu/Real disc.. :devil: :devil:

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: June 29, 2011, 11:03:13 AM »
Brazil need to change that formation and slow down the game a bit. PS. D brazilian keeper looking tempting  :angel:
Youtube Channel

Offline Andre DosSantos

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 29, 2011, 11:06:50 AM »
Brazil need to change that formation and slow down the game a bit. PS. D brazilian keeper looking tempting  :angel:

yea, that's what i was thinking i don't know if the coach did it feel austraila's defense out or what but if that was a feint it was a hell of a feint. I am quite interested to see what the adjustments are going to be.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 29, 2011, 11:07:11 AM »
the 1-3-4-3 will work for them it is just that they are just too straight across the middle and the top

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 29, 2011, 11:11:51 AM »
Obviously the game between Host Nation Germany and Canada did not count  ::) :-[

Mulit - goal victory...as in the margin of victory. 
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

giggsy11

« Reply #139 on: June 29, 2011, 11:22:00 AM »
They not makin no runs to link up the play! Ah wonder if Cristian blank Tony?

Offline Andre DosSantos

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 29, 2011, 11:22:49 AM »
They not makin no runs to link up the play! Ah wonder if Cristian blank Tony?

so you getting that feeling also,  he riding her back hard boy

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 29, 2011, 11:24:55 AM »
A couple of comments about the ESPN coverage.
Unlike Men's soccer, the coverage of the women's game still involves a good bit of coaching from the commentary box. They assume that the viewer doesn't know what's going on. So we get this constant stream of coach-speak.

This is not a bad thing, it just irritates those of us who know the game. I appreciated that style of commentary when I first started watching the NFL, now, all these years later, I roll my eyes, but then, a lot of nothing happens in an american football game, analyzing plays makes it seem faster.

The stats? Dunno. That is A Tony thing.

American Sports culture values the superstar over the team, even as they lament the demise of team play in many sports, they still glorify the individual. ESPN in particular tends to search for the focal player, and usually isn't interested in nuance. So we get a pre-game/halftime that is focused on what Marta is doing.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Andre DosSantos

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 29, 2011, 11:25:17 AM »
thats my Girls 1-0 brasil

giggsy11

« Reply #143 on: June 29, 2011, 11:26:19 AM »
Goal sah! She look like Dinho!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 29, 2011, 11:26:46 AM »
tripple Rainbow and volley goal :D
Youtube Channel

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #145 on: June 29, 2011, 11:28:02 AM »
Damn good piece of skill. Hard luck there West Indies, this is far more interesting. Brasil are pressuring higher up the pitch and it's making a big difference for them defensively. Much more urgency too.

giggsy11

« Reply #146 on: June 29, 2011, 11:33:24 AM »
Some of them Brazilian women playing ball like playing in the WPS influencing how they play. It is very different to see so many balls gettin hoffed up field for the forwards to chase.

Offline Andre DosSantos

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 29, 2011, 11:48:19 AM »
Some of them Brazilian women playing ball like playing in the WPS influencing how they play. It is very different to see so many balls gettin hoffed up field for the forwards to chase.

yea the long balls to know one is annoying man but their passing still needs to be more crisp

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 29, 2011, 11:51:23 AM »
short stuff with d long hair on brazil no 2 making some good runs on d left
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 11:54:03 AM by D.H.W »
Youtube Channel

Offline Andre DosSantos