March 28, 2024, 12:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Women's World Cup  (Read 222119 times)

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Women's World Cup
« Reply #1260 on: July 10, 2011, 07:57:15 PM »
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Dat come like de old joke, when dey say the ugliest man have to go and do de errand, and just so ah man jump up and bawl, "me eh going no way,allyuh always sending me out!!"

breds if you eh no racists yuh eh ha nutten to worry bout;)

anyway, de last time ah team wid 10 men hold (and was ah draw) another team like this on ah world stage was we Warriors, and men give credit (and rightly so) where it was due.....so how come dem gyul eh getting even ah lil bit ah credit jed, none.

Classic quote for me? Brazil beat deyself!! Dat priceless:)

Ah sit down in ah break room at work wid ah detective, when de US score de equalizer, me and de jump up and bawl just how me and meh deceased father used to do when Brasil was playing. Dis man never play "Soccer" he sending he THREE teenage daughters to ah British SOccer Camp at de end ah de month
They eh go learn nuttin from de British.....

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: July 10, 2011, 09:45:27 PM »
wey all di haters deyy ? tek dat  in allyuh facking cacahole... USA>>all di freeking way mi sey...
war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: July 11, 2011, 05:19:45 AM »
 :rotfl: all dem yankee channel suddenly care about "Soccer" . Where dem was whole tornament. Rel band wagon thing yes. ::) . Hypocrites
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: July 11, 2011, 05:45:41 AM »
wey all di haters deyy ? tek dat  in allyuh facking cacahole... USA>>all di freeking way mi sey...
war

Right here.....BOOSA!! BOOSA!!!  Steups!!  Damn Brazilians spoil mih Sunday evening.... :devil: ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: July 11, 2011, 06:15:50 AM »
Good mornin neighbors!!!

Ah hear crow does taste like chicken, and it's best eaten at dinner not as midday meal. is dat true, or is it  more like beef??

Once again I say US good for bout 4 from France, anyone with me on dat?

Solo AND Necib on de same field, good times await!!

"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: July 11, 2011, 11:42:35 AM »

Oui Oui!  ;D

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: July 11, 2011, 11:47:53 AM »
Good mornin neighbors!!!

Ah hear crow does taste like chicken, and it's best eaten at dinner not as midday meal. is dat true, or is it  more like beef??

brazil have 3 of the best in the world on there team and a ref and a lines man wid dem and dey could not gave a short handed USA 4 how yu think france go gave usa 4.. Like yu feal sey this is the man dem playing or what. I gurantee USA playing the finals against Japan.. watch and see..
DAt U.S GK to sexy not to be watched by million of man in the world wid there hands on there third leg....

war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: July 11, 2011, 12:19:53 PM »
Good mornin neighbors!!!

brazil have 3 of the best in the world on there team and a ref and a lines man wid dem and dey could not gave a short handed USA 4 how yu think france go gave usa 4.. Like yu feal sey this is the man dem playing or what. I gurantee USA playing the finals against Japan.. watch and see..
DAt U.S GK to sexy not to be watched by million of man in the world wid there hands on there third leg....

war

And Sweden beat them in the Group stage ? all these games unpredictable , if anybody told me Japan would of beat Germany Sat i would not have believed them.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 12:21:37 PM by D.H.W »
Youtube Channel

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: July 11, 2011, 12:44:50 PM »
Good mornin neighbors!!!

war

Sorry 'war' ah shoulda put ah smiley face after that comment:)
Dais is for the football pundits who was talking bout Brazil hitting US ah setta goal BEFORE de game play, I know France eh beating de US.

"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: July 11, 2011, 01:24:37 PM »
Good mornin neighbors!!!

war

Sorry 'war' ah shoulda put ah smiley face after that comment:)
Dais is for the football pundits who was talking bout Brazil hitting US ah setta goal BEFORE de game play, I know France eh beating de US.

Not a fan of that US side but ah know better than to ever count dem out. Dey really earn dat win yesterday.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: July 11, 2011, 01:41:21 PM »
Fyzo take care is not 4 they get in truth eh  :devil: i aint writing off none of them team nah. We might be in for some surprises Wed
Youtube Channel

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: July 11, 2011, 03:30:32 PM »
I looked at a piece of the WWC final of 1999, and the standard was notably higher than I've seen in this tournament.  I think there probably are more decent teams today, but the better teams haven't improved since 1999...they may have gotten worse - which is the opposite of what's happening in the men's game. 

The U.S. may very well win this tourney...and they are not a smooth playing team at all...  In fact this Brazil v U.S. q-final on the weekend was a couple notches below the usual quality seen between these two teams in recent years...

Women's ball on the decline? Or the talent just getting spread out?
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: July 11, 2011, 03:36:32 PM »
Women's ball on the decline? , not by a long shot. Teams are getting better. This has been the best tournament ive seen better than 99. I think many would agree with me on that. WC 99 quality of football was poor
Youtube Channel

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: July 11, 2011, 03:38:14 PM »
I looked at a piece of the WWC final of 1999, and the standard was notably higher than I've seen in this tournament.  I think there probably are more decent teams today, but the better teams haven't improved since 1999...they may have gotten worse - which is the opposite of what's happening in the men's game. 

The U.S. may very well win this tourney...and they are not a smooth playing team at all...  In fact this Brazil v U.S. q-final on the weekend was a couple notches below the usual quality seen between these two teams in recent years...

TBH, I never really watched the women's game much up until this WC, and I have enjoyed most of what I have seen, so I can't compare then to now...if you say it on the decline then those in the past must have set the bar really high!

Even the teams who got knocked out did reasonably well, can't rem seeing or hearing about any blowouts like in the past. Mexico, EQG and Austrailia impressed a lot of people.

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: July 11, 2011, 04:31:14 PM »
I think other teams have improved. They are challenging the fore runners of the womens game. The US does not have the star players as before, when they would run around teams. Not so. Canada, Aussie and NZ have certainly done well this time around. England and France were pretty good. I am sure Spain, Netherlands, Italy and Russia are grooming their woman for the next WC.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1275 on: July 11, 2011, 04:35:28 PM »
I am sure Spain, Netherlands, Italy and Russia are grooming their woman for the next WC.

Correct! the only people that seem to be playing the ass is TTFF

U17 girls Spain
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/6_9ul3VukXM&amp;feature=feedu" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/6_9ul3VukXM&amp;feature=feedu</a>
Youtube Channel

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: July 11, 2011, 05:04:21 PM »

Kicker....not true at all. Let me tell you what's happening. In the USA more average players are being produced. The Superstar player is hard o come by. Mainly because the team is emphasized more than anything therefore, players that may have been superstars and limiting themselves to be part of the team. This is at the youth level eh, where everyone should be a superstar.

The idea you put forth is a very decieving one and I think many truly believe this.
- Players are playing at a higher level at a younger age.
- Players are staying in the game longer
- Players are getting much more opportunities to take the game seriously (Leagues, international stardom, etc)
- Countries other than USA, Norway, Canada, China, Sweden and Germany are taking the game more seriously as there are great rewards in the game now.

These are a few reasons why the level of the game has improved. The USA of yesteryear beat countries and set records when the rest of the world was not serious about the game. Marta is so much more versatile and sophisticated than any of the players on the USA 1999 team....FACT. Look at the Mexican and Brazilian women. They were against lifting weights and developing muscle (whereas the USA women's team was laready doing this in the 1990s), but now these women are hitting the gym and working hard to become stronger, faster, and more technical in the game.

The lack of a dominant team in the WC does not mean the game is regressing, I beleive it means the game is improving across the board and just like the men's game you cannot take any team for granetd ( a painful lesson the USA IS learning and the Germans LEARNT). This world cup shocked many of the larger country. Just listen to Foudy along with DiCiccio at the start of the tournament and listen to them now......they got a wake up call. They were talking about blow out games and statement games. The USA Germany, Sweden, China, Norway, all have to go home and redraw plans in taking their games to the next level as Brazil now have girls in the Favelas seeing the fame that Marta and company has achieved and gonna come out the wood work, just like Ronaldinho and they did, along with other countries.

The USA now have youth teams not qualifying for world cups as before when qualification was automatic. Remember, the route the USA had to take to get here, and I believe that's because they believe the game is the way it's been. The women game is flourishing my friend don't be misled.

Keep this discussion.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: July 11, 2011, 05:08:22 PM »
Fyzo take care is not 4 they get in truth eh  :devil: i aint writing off none of them team nah. We might be in for some surprises Wed

I agree... if refs grow balls and call those games the way they're supposed to be called there's a good chance that the US not finishing with 11 players.  Of course all the refs in this tournament being female... small chance of that happening.

-----------------------------------

Kicker, I'd also have to disagree that the quality of the women's game is on the decline.  There is greater parity now than before and the tempting conclusion is to say that the better teams have gotten worse, when in fact the inferior teams are getting better.  The individual skill and technical ability of the unit is above anything I've seen in the women's game before.  Now granted I don't watch a lot of women's football, precisely because I think it's so bad... but based on what I've actually seen... not even close, definitely on the uptick.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 05:12:42 PM by Bakes »

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: July 11, 2011, 05:20:31 PM »
Because of article 9, women in the US have been playing soccer and sports in general, longer than any other country. They are very organized and well funded, but recently, it seems like the rest of the world is catching up. Over the years, it could be argued that the US women are declining in sports the normally dominated ie: golf, tennis, figure skating, soccer.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: July 11, 2011, 05:49:18 PM »
The Germany vs Japan game on Sat better than all them world cups put together. I telling alyuh not even we senior men team could link passes how them Japanese women conduct it Sat
Youtube Channel

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: July 11, 2011, 06:34:20 PM »
The Germany vs Japan game on Sat better than all them world cups put together. I telling alyuh not even we senior men team could link passes how them Japanese women conduct it Sat

It irks me to say this but you're absolutely right!!!

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: July 11, 2011, 06:39:05 PM »

Oui Oui!  ;D

Big Up!

How do I say CO-SIGN in French??..... ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: July 11, 2011, 07:19:38 PM »
Cool... I figured the number of competitive teams is increasing no doubt, but Germany, USA, Brazil, Norway, for e.g. were teams I expected to see a good level of play from especially considering what they looked like years ago...this time around their quality was questionable IMO...Brazil could barely string 4 nice fluid passes together....Maybe because the competition is getting better, it's not as easy for the stronger teams to look as good...
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

truetrini

« Reply #1283 on: July 11, 2011, 07:30:16 PM »
Cool... I figured the number of competitive teams is increasing no doubt, but Germany, USA, Brazil, Norway, for e.g. were teams I expected to see a good level of play from especially considering what they looked like years ago...this time around their quality was questionable IMO...Brazil could barely string 4 nice fluid passes together....Maybe because the competition is getting better, it's not as easy for the stronger teams to look as good...

Brazil as a team was very poor compared to 4 years ago.  That could be as Foudy stated, due to lack of warm up games and support by the Federation there.   Germany are a better team than Japan and they wilted under the expectations and pressure. 

This is the worse US team I have ever seen play at this level.  They are very physical and escaped many cards, red and some which could have been straight red.  But was a powerhouse in the game you get that respect from the refs.  Brazil is a physical team too and they got away with much.  Marta is very skillful, but cunning as well, she scored a goal off a foul and created a penalty out of thin air versus the USA.

I have really enjoyed the technical aspects of these games as compared to other years when USA, Sweden, China, Norway and Germany were dominant.  Now there seems to be parity and Japan's sheer brilliance and slick passing has been a joy!   I do suspect that their run in this tourney has come to an end though.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: July 11, 2011, 09:59:20 PM »
It irks me to say this but you're absolutely right!!!
I will also cosign that, their passes were crisp and fluent. I was impressed.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: July 11, 2011, 10:26:09 PM »
Because of article 9, women in the US have been playing soccer and sports in general, longer than any other country. They are very organized and well funded, but recently, it seems like the rest of the world is catching up. Over the years, it could be argued that the US women are declining in sports the normally dominated ie: golf, tennis, figure skating, soccer.

"Title IX"... but yeah, it's been in effect since 1971 I believe which amounts to a 30-40 year headstart on many of their peers.  "Soccer" was one of the sports they could just throw together and no commit significant resources to, all the while attracting female athletes to help offset the number of men on the other side of the gender ledger.  Eventually colleges started taking it more seriously, and add to the rise in popularity of the sport, both due the NASL in the 1970s and because  suburban Americans saw it as a safe an inexpensive way to get their kids involved in a team event that didn't require much skill... and thus (by their thinking) attractive for girls.  That helped feed the rise in the participation numbers outside of the colleges.  Note, the description of "soccer" that I offer isn't my own, just my opinion as to how "they" would have seen the sport.

Brazil is a physical team too and they got away with much.  Marta is very skillful, but cunning as well, she scored a goal off a foul and created a penalty out of thin air versus the USA.

Nah... you talking shit dey.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: July 12, 2011, 01:46:06 AM »
Good mornin neighbors!!!

war

And Sweden beat them in the Group stage ? all these games unpredictable , if anybody told me Japan would of beat Germany Sat i would not have believed them.
who tell yu sweeden is a push over? Sweden plays very dicipline football.  sweden did not beat USA by chance dey handle usa very easy. I predicted to my friends sweden was going to beat USA. I like sweden but USA First and foremost....

war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: July 12, 2011, 05:33:10 AM »
War what is your prediction Swe vs Jap ? i betting on a Japan upset. But Swe have height advantage. Will be a interesting game to watch
Youtube Channel

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: July 12, 2011, 06:14:58 AM »
USA vs Sweden in the finals, USA lifts the Cup and Hope Solo goes down in history. Wambach too.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: July 12, 2011, 07:17:12 AM »
USA vs Sweden in the finals, USA lifts the Cup and Hope Solo goes down in history. Wambach too.

Blasphemy !!
Youtube Channel

1]; } ?>