April 19, 2024, 12:33:54 PM

Author Topic: Women's World Cup  (Read 223787 times)

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Women's World Cup
« Reply #1290 on: July 12, 2011, 07:42:13 AM »
suburban Americans saw it as a safe an inexpensive way to get their kids involved in a team event that didn't require much skill...

Based on how they play they probably still see it that way  ;D
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: July 12, 2011, 09:00:49 AM »
War what is your prediction Swe vs Jap ? i betting on a Japan upset. But Swe have height advantage. Will be a interesting game to watch
I think it could be a japan usa final . Japan string sum beautiful passes together and could out skill the bigger sweden team with there crafty plays. I will like to see USA Japan final .. I afraid of Sweden..lol
but a rematch will be great.  wid all respect to france and there followers I dont think they can beat USA.I wish them the best of luck but it gonna be USA VS Japan Final and Party is on by me..

war
Black Lives Matter..

truetrini

« Reply #1292 on: July 12, 2011, 09:20:32 AM »
  Brazil is a physical team too and they got away with much.  Marta is very skillful, but cunning as well, she scored a goal off a foul and created a penalty out of thin air versus the USA.

Nah... you talking shit dey.
[/quote]

Bakes you feel that was a good penalty call?  Looks like a flop to me.. well done by a cunning player but I feel she sold that penalty call and the ref bought it!

The second goal was clearly off an offsides play too.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: July 12, 2011, 10:11:18 AM »
Bakes you feel that was a good penalty call?  Looks like a flop to me.. well done by a cunning player but I feel she sold that penalty call and the ref bought it!

Second goal was offside... no question about that.  But on the penalty, Marta cap Buehler and as she spin to chase the ball Buehler stick she hand on Marta hip (what we'd call a handcheck in basketball).  Marta extended her own left arm to hold her off but she was slightly ahead of Buehler, who also had a handful of shirt for about three steps.  Just as Marta went to strike the ball with her left foot Buehler a half second behind tried to clear with her right... instead she kicked the back of Marta's left (kicking) leg.  The natural trajectory of Buehler's right-footed kick pulled Marta's foot upwards and off to the left.  Watch the vid again and you'll see.  I tried arguing that with some Americans and they insist she just jump up in the air and fling she foot sideways like ah jump kick.  Factor in the leg sweep and the simultaneous handcheck to the hip and it's easy to see why Marta fell on her right side with her legs out from under her.

EDIT: Corrected the bolded.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 11:34:40 AM by Bakes »

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: July 12, 2011, 10:20:13 AM »
no comments needed.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: July 12, 2011, 10:27:50 AM »
 :devil:

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Andre DosSantos

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: July 12, 2011, 10:32:36 AM »
wey all di haters deyy ? tek dat  in allyuh facking cacahole... USA>>all di freeking way mi sey...
war

you have a point some where in that statement. Doesn't change the fact of the bias and whimsical attitude and tone that they have continued to manifest. Sadly i didn't get to see that game. I had other priorities that took prescedence(sp). Do i think that they barely made it through. yup sure did. Did the Espn commentators start painting the U.S as the underdog in this match up with a slight edge to win, sure did. I will be frank with you, the U.S have underperformed throughout this entire tournament and they knew if they did not make it heads would be on the chopping board. And this may have quieted some naysayers for the moment but the ones that know, can see the fragility of this team.

Did they win any true fans of the game, only God knows that one for certain but the demeanor in which they and their fans portrayed themselves was just that of a spoiled kid. I will be looking at you to be staunch in your support but you aren't a horse so kindly remove the blinders.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: July 12, 2011, 10:36:58 AM »
I am amazed that men could say brazil does play physical and was gettin' away wit shit. Gettin' away with what?! Marta get she yellow card for protesting (dissent) abbey wambach and she injury-faking; de brazilian who fake injury get a yellow (and rightfully so). The usa was grabbing, pulling, kicking and body-checking and even intentionally handle de ball right in front de ref, all without punishment....what men does really be watchin' boy?  

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Andre DosSantos

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: July 12, 2011, 10:39:13 AM »
Good mornin neighbors!!!

Ah hear crow does taste like chicken, and it's best eaten at dinner not as midday meal. is dat true, or is it  more like beef??

Once again I say US good for bout 4 from France, anyone with me on dat?

Solo AND Necib on de same field, good times await!!

brazil have 3 of the best in the world on there team and a ref and a lines man wid dem and dey could not gave a short handed USA 4 how yu think france go gave usa 4.. Like yu feal sey this is the man dem playing or what. I gurantee USA playing the finals against Japan.. watch and see..
DAt U.S GK to sexy not to be watched by million of man in the world wid there hands on there third leg....

war

again you got me beat with actually seeing the game, i can truthfully say that brasil has underperformed this tournament and with the preparations going into it, but as we have seen this tournament the level of play in women's football has risen quite high and assured victory's are no longer certain. All the beat the us talking about beating x,y & z they know they no longer have that kind of luxury as you can see what that commercial they got running up here. The french coach is not a dumb one and know what they doing this game the french going in looking to take it to the us early but anything can happen in football so i expecting to see a good game since i am off for the semi's

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: July 12, 2011, 10:41:06 AM »
I am amazed that men could say brazil does play physical and was gettin' away wit shit. Gettin' away with what?! Marta get she yellow card for protesting (dissent) abbey wambach and she injury-faking; de brazilian who fake injury get a yellow (and rightfully so). The usa was grabbing, pulling, kicking and body-checking and even intentionally handle de ball right in front de ref, all without punishment....what men does really be watchin' boy?  

I know I wasn't the only who noticed this..the US were getting away wid physical play and the brazilians were penalised for less than half the physical force the americans got...

Trinity Cross if that wasn't a penalty I don't know what a penalty is, regardless of if Marta flopped it was a dotish tackle from behind that made contact and impeded a clear goal scoring opportunity..Nobody who watching football more than a year could argue that wasn't a penalty and a straight red...

Offline Andre DosSantos

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: July 12, 2011, 10:42:34 AM »

Once again I say US good for bout 4 from France, anyone with me on dat?

Oui Oui!  ;D

Big Up!

How do I say CO-SIGN in French??..... ;D

i think closest is like i agree, which is like je suis d'accord

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: July 12, 2011, 11:00:45 AM »

Second goal was offside... no question about that.  But on the penalty, Marta cap Buehler and as she spin to chase the ball Buehler stick she hand on Marta hip (what we'd call a handcheck in basketball).  Marta extended her own left arm to hold her off but she was slightly ahead of Buehler, who also had a handful of shirt for about three steps.  Just as Marta went to strike the ball with her left foot Buehler a half second behind tried to clear with her right... instead she kicked the back of Marta's left (kicking) leg.  The natural trajectory of Buehler's right-footed kick pulled Marta's foot upwards and off to the right.  Watch the vid again and you'll see.  I tried arguing that with some Americans and they insist she just jump up in the air and fling she foot sideways like ah jump kick.  Factor in the leg sweep and the simultaneous handcheck to the hip and it's easy to see why Marta fell on her right side with her legs out from under her.

found it

sec 17

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/dFgD1ndAy84" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/dFgD1ndAy84</a>
Youtube Channel

Offline Andre DosSantos

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: July 12, 2011, 11:01:07 AM »

hope solo ::)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: July 12, 2011, 11:03:04 AM »

:devil:

u done know

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/-4f0b46sBPQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/-4f0b46sBPQ</a>
Youtube Channel

Offline Andre DosSantos

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: July 12, 2011, 11:05:54 AM »

Second goal was offside... no question about that.  But on the penalty, Marta cap Buehler and as she spin to chase the ball Buehler stick she hand on Marta hip (what we'd call a handcheck in basketball).  Marta extended her own left arm to hold her off but she was slightly ahead of Buehler, who also had a handful of shirt for about three steps.  Just as Marta went to strike the ball with her left foot Buehler a half second behind tried to clear with her right... instead she kicked the back of Marta's left (kicking) leg.  The natural trajectory of Buehler's right-footed kick pulled Marta's foot upwards and off to the right.  Watch the vid again and you'll see.  I tried arguing that with some Americans and they insist she just jump up in the air and fling she foot sideways like ah jump kick.  Factor in the leg sweep and the simultaneous handcheck to the hip and it's easy to see why Marta fell on her right side with her legs out from under her.

found it

sec 17

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/dFgD1ndAy84" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/dFgD1ndAy84</a>

yea that was a clear foul, not sure why hope got a card though? Was she off her line?

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1305 on: July 12, 2011, 11:09:12 AM »

found it

sec 17

yea that was a clear foul, not sure why hope got a card though? Was she off her line?

encroachment by rampone or rampinoe not sure which one, inside the box before the kick take. upper right. Mrs Solo wasnt happy about the deicison to call it back and got a yellow card , sexy when she angry  :angel:
Youtube Channel

Offline Andre DosSantos

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: July 12, 2011, 11:18:12 AM »
i just read it also about the 2nd goal that people was saying that it was offside, it turns out that she was kept onside because ms.boxx was arguing with the refree.

Article here for any that willing to read thru it ofc.

http://sites.duke.edu/wcwp/2011/07/11/u-s-vs-france-world-cup-semi-final-preview/

i forgot to add that it is doused heavily with sensationalism so read it with a grain of salt
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 11:20:05 AM by Andre DosSantos »

Offline Andre DosSantos

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: July 12, 2011, 11:23:59 AM »
i just found this one i think you make like the read.

http://www.ishawnsmith.com/2011/07/11/if-marta-were-american-wed-love-her-espn/

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: July 12, 2011, 12:00:53 PM »

found it

sec 17

Even better... block out the insipid commentary and focus on 0:38, you'll see Buehler's right knee hit the bottom of Marta's sole then pull her foot wide as she's about to strike the ball.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/mU7juegX7yQ&amp;feature=player_embedded" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/mU7juegX7yQ&amp;feature=player_embedded</a>

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: July 12, 2011, 12:05:12 PM »
Second goal was offside... no question about that.  But on the penalty, Marta cap Buehler and as she spin to chase the ball Buehler stick she hand on Marta hip (what we'd call a handcheck in basketball).  Marta extended her own left arm to hold her off but she was slightly ahead of Buehler, who also had a handful of shirt for about three steps.  Just as Marta went to strike the ball with her left foot Buehler a half second behind tried to clear with her right... instead she kicked the back of Marta's left (kicking) leg.  The natural trajectory of Buehler's right-footed kick pulled Marta's foot upwards and off to the left.  Watch the vid again and you'll see.  I tried arguing that with some Americans and they insist she just jump up in the air and fling she foot sideways like ah jump kick.  Factor in the leg sweep and the simultaneous handcheck to the hip and it's easy to see why Marta fell on her right side with her legs out from under her.

I too wasn't too sure about the penalty shout, but if yuh tangle with a player on a clear opp on goal, yuh hadda be prepared to get that call go against yuh, and as the last line of defense, yuh could be looking at red... Can't complain too much about that...same with the offiside...rule is rule I know but when a offside call is that close I doh pay it no mind because her barely advanced position didn't really give her an advantage to get that cross in, in my opinion...Not saying it wasn't offside, but when it's that close yuh cyar complain for too long - accept the human error and yuh just get on with it...

At the end of the day the better team won...so all's well that ends well..

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: July 12, 2011, 12:09:18 PM »
no comments needed.

oh lord I  like it ..

war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: July 12, 2011, 12:24:46 PM »
no comments needed.

Dat could cut diamonds...

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: July 12, 2011, 01:33:04 PM »
no comments needed.

Almost all her pics are like that.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: July 12, 2011, 01:35:59 PM »

Why you all saying it was offside? The replay on the spanish station showed a defender on the weaker side leaning in keeping her on.  ???  Is there any video of that play on youtube?

The PK was a no brainer she made those 2 defenders look lke middle school players. No way both the 1st and 2nd defender launching in like that. She got both of them behind her.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: July 12, 2011, 01:37:52 PM »
Youtube Channel

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: July 12, 2011, 01:46:15 PM »

Why you all saying it was offside? The replay on the spanish station showed a defender on the weaker side leaning in keeping her on.  ???  Is there any video of that play on youtube?

The PK was a no brainer she made those 2 defenders look lke middle school players. No way both the 1st and 2nd defender launching in like that. She got both of them behind her.

Yeah I read a couple comments about Boxx keeping her on... didn't notice at the time and haven't seen a clip of it yet.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: July 12, 2011, 03:16:03 PM »
[q : :DDuote author=Andre DosSantos link=topic=54047.msg750862#msg750862 date=1310490067]

[/quote]

:D

Yuh ketch meh! But seriously though, it seem like some men tryin' to be more julie foudy than julie foudy
Foudy claim the contact on Marta was minimal and didn't warrant a penalty. Let that had been abbey wambach and she woulda say that wambach "did well to "draw" the foul and force the referee to make a decision"....loud steups!

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: July 12, 2011, 08:03:51 PM »
Tomorrows games 13th Jul, Semifinals

CBC/Sportmax/ESPN (Foriegn based) 

12 noon EST
France vs USA

2:30pm EST
Japan vs Sweden
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 08:10:47 PM by D.H.W »
Youtube Channel

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: July 12, 2011, 09:04:14 PM »
Tomorrows games 13th Jul, Semifinals

CBC/Sportmax/ESPN (Foriegn based) 

12 noon EST
France vs USA

2:30pm EST
Japan vs Sweden

Gonna miss the first game.......    :'( :'( :'( :'(

1]; } ?>