March 29, 2024, 03:32:56 AM

Author Topic: Women's World Cup  (Read 222198 times)

Dumplingdinho

Re: Women's World Cup
« Reply #1830 on: July 17, 2011, 07:41:59 PM »
U-S-A...U-S-A....U-S-A..... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Brazil lost Copa but Japan helped ease my pain big time.

No title for manbach.... :rotfl: :rotfl:

After the game foudy was looking like her biggest enemy break on her face.

Offline mwanasoka

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is played from de neck up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: July 17, 2011, 07:48:16 PM »
U-S-A...U-S-A....U-S-A..... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Brazil lost Copa but Japan helped ease my pain big time.

No title for manbach.... :rotfl: :rotfl:

After the game foudy was looking like her biggest enemy break on her face.
No eating out @ de Y tonight fuh Manbach & Solo.
At least Scurry won against China.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power,the world will know peace.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: July 17, 2011, 07:52:13 PM »
The US coach ain't even give any props to Japan for the win.   :-\   
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline mwanasoka

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is played from de neck up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: July 17, 2011, 08:09:18 PM »
The US coach ain't even give any props to Japan for the win.   :-\   
The Japanese get off the stage to go over to congratulate USA
to help them soothe dey raw nerves.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power,the world will know peace.

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: July 17, 2011, 09:34:29 PM »
That game was all USA bar the loss, but you have to score to win and the USA squandered several opportunities that should have put this game away in the first half.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: July 18, 2011, 04:54:13 AM »
congrats to Japan ... and as I say the beautiful thing about supporting USA is dat dey never dissapoint me.. USA reach the world cup by play off birth and was Lucky to make it to the finals against a well played france team.. I am very much pleased with how far we reached in this tournament... Congrats to Japan .. Cheers (red stripe in my hand) you deserved this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

war

loving the yankee accent... ah see yuh drop the jacan one when you start to talk bout your country women.  ;D

giggsy11

« Reply #1836 on: July 18, 2011, 07:25:47 AM »
I will give credit to some of the US players who were interviewed for being gracious runners up. They gave credit to Japan and their efforts in winning the game. They get my respects for that.  :beermug:

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: July 18, 2011, 07:45:38 AM »
I will give credit to some of the US players who were interviewed for being gracious runners up. They gave credit to Japan and their efforts in winning the game. They get my respects for that.  :beermug:

Yeh i was surprised , i was expecting the regular cry baby excuse.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: July 18, 2011, 08:05:22 AM »
I think we would have gotten petulance and excuses if they had lost to Brazil b/c they perceived that they were being cheated in that game. But in the final vs Japan, that wasn't the case.

The comments from the man in the street online are terrible though, most show a general lack of knowledge of the game, but also you get a huge sense of disappointment from folks who figured it was an automatic win.

Also a lot of people wondering why the men's games aren't this open. The ppl on tv could do a better job explaining some of the reasons: Size difference in women's teams, better (and bigger goalies), better, more experienced defenses.

My takeaway from this tournament is that with the exception of Brazil, who look like they met each other in the dressing room before games, there was more team play and less reliance on individuals than in the past, and that Japan's and the USA's defenses were superb. Japan had to deal with the size difference against teams that thrive on an aerial attack.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: July 18, 2011, 08:08:05 AM »

Yeh i was surprised , i was expecting the regular cry baby excuse.

U.S. athletes are usually gracious and diplomatic IMO...the fans and the media are usually the arrogant ones.  
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: July 18, 2011, 08:13:18 AM »

Also a lot of people wondering why the men's games aren't this open. The ppl on tv could do a better job explaining some of the reasons: Size difference in women's teams, better (and bigger goalies), better, more experienced defenses.

My takeaway from this tournament is that with the exception of Brazil, who look like they met each other in the dressing room before games, there was more team play and less reliance on individuals than in the past, and that Japan's and the USA's defenses were superb. Japan had to deal with the size difference against teams that thrive on an aerial attack.

The women's game is more pure.  It's under-developed in many areas and it's still improving, but it's also played with a purer and more positive competitive spirit than the men's game.  No setta diving and rolling around on the ground, time-wasting, bitching and moaning to the ref, overly negative tactics etc... Teams put the ball down and just get on with it.  Apart from what you mentioned, I think that those factors help it to be more open than the men's game.  I hope that as the game gets more developed it continues to avoid those negative aspects of the men's game. 

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: July 18, 2011, 09:02:29 AM »
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: July 18, 2011, 09:08:56 AM »
Oh lord  :rotfl: :rotfl:
Youtube Channel

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: July 18, 2011, 09:13:58 AM »

And a cold SOLO wid that

Plenty ah dat available right now  :devil:

btw... somebody check on Fyzoman nah... check de Statue of Liberty... see if he eh hanging from dey.

Thanks for de consideration Mr. Bakes, I going thru meh depression wid de loss, but ah make sure and check in right away just to avoid allyuh mauvais langue Trini saying how ah hiding ;D
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: July 18, 2011, 09:18:06 AM »
great game!! i not taking anything away from US. they have a squad. solo in my mind IS de best goalkeeper. women's football is on a rise! enjoyed every bit of this world cup.

The English Goalkeeper is the best.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1845 on: July 18, 2011, 09:19:18 AM »

WTF is that? That loking like vomit  :D

Maybe is because you does prefer to bob and gag on dem big dick

http://timetoeatmon.blogspot.com/2008/01/jamaica-cow-cod-soup-bull-penis.html

Yuh see why i does pass dem fellahs posts like ah full facking buss...dais all he coulda find to say?

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: July 18, 2011, 09:35:57 AM »
The old addage- Goals win matchesand USA should have put away this game in the first twenty minutes. Japan played their game cool and compose and did a great defensive job especially on Manbeck. Then again Japan should have put the game away after they scored the second goal. I AM HAPPY FOR jAPAN AND THE PEOPLE OF JAPAN. This is the beauty of this beautiful game.The lesson from this world Cup is that thre is no Superpower any more and the ball is still round and 11vs 11. France played like Arsenal. Japan like Barcelona
 And Martha is still the star of the show.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: July 18, 2011, 10:09:50 AM »
congrats to Japan ... and as I say the beautiful thing about supporting USA is dat dey never dissapoint me.. USA reach the world cup by play off birth and was Lucky to make it to the finals against a well played france team.. I am very much pleased with how far we reached in this tournament... Congrats to Japan .. Cheers (red stripe in my hand) you deserved this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

war

loving the yankee accent... ah see yuh drop the jacan one when you start to talk bout your country women.  ;D

yes sir I can flip the script anytime.. just dont get me vex otherwise the real one go come out..lol

war
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 11:34:44 AM by Tallman »
Black Lives Matter..

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: July 18, 2011, 10:17:24 AM »
everybody saying solo is top GK.. Di Only thing bout her is she is sexy.. Di Gal cya keep for shit... Did you see di save by Japaneese keeper against wambach? Now dats a top class freeking save.  she tip di ball over di bar.. Trus mi dat was not an easy save at all because the Keeper was already back peddling.. Solo aint no top class keeper .. She saved anything against Japan? two shots and two golas. against france a freeking cross beat her.. she was playing the player and not di freeking ball. I aint see here mek no top class save yet..dais my two cents on her.. she sexy though and dem eyes..hmm...
Congrats full hearted to Japan .. I am happy for Japan upset My Team USA win but we will learn frm this.. Teams need to put away there clear cut chances..

war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: July 18, 2011, 10:29:12 AM »
Its only women's football and it has some way to go before people get emotional about it,its still bloody novelty as far as plenty people are concerned,so no fuss...PLEASE.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: July 18, 2011, 10:30:12 AM »
Jumbie thing...yuh know I started to watch the game late cause ah was dealing wid ah issue at work....as soon as de game was over ah had to go continue dealing wid de issue to look for ah man...yuh know where the fellah was working??

Osaka Restaurant!

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: July 18, 2011, 10:44:13 AM »
everybody saying solo is top GK.. Di Only thing bout her is she is sexy.. Di Gal cya keep for shit... Did you see di save by Japaneese keeper against wambach? Now dats a top class freeking save.  she tip di ball over di bar.. Trus mi dat was not an easy save at all because the Keeper was already back peddling.. Solo aint no top class keeper .. She saved anything against Japan? two shots and two golas. against france a freeking cross beat her.. she was playing the player and not di freeking ball. I aint see here mek no top class save yet..dais my two cents on her.. she sexy though and dem eyes..hmm...
Congrats full hearted to Japan .. I am happy for Japan upset My Team USA win but we will learn frm this.. Teams need to put away there clear cut chances..

war

It hard to really say which one of the 'keepers really is or isn't the best but I would put solo among the best of them. I see her comin' out and punchin' out balls and makin' some reflex saves like nutt'n.  She is very athletic and while she may have some of the shortcomings that is common among the women, she still is one of the best, IMO....and dat eh because ah find she sexy.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: July 18, 2011, 10:50:19 AM »
Its only women's football and it has some way to go before people get emotional about it,its still bloody novelty as far as plenty people are concerned,so no fuss...PLEASE.

is only women ent? i see how u does think long time
Youtube Channel

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: July 18, 2011, 11:25:39 AM »

is only women ent? i see how u does think long time

I doh know nah is like he out to get every "ist" attach to he image .....racist, chauvinist, "pseudo" elitist......."dumbist"  yeah ah know d spellin wrong :D
I pity the fool....

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: July 18, 2011, 11:29:02 AM »
frico bro, I beg to differ with you. Judging by the comments for the past week, these sadists are quite emotional about the game and the women players(extrovertly emotional).

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: July 18, 2011, 11:34:09 AM »

war

It hard to really say which one of the 'keepers really is or isn't the best but I would put solo among the best of them. I see her comin' out and punchin' out balls and makin' some reflex saves like nutt'n.  She is very athletic and while she may have some of the shortcomings that is common among the women, she still is one of the best, IMO....and dat eh because ah find she sexy.

Yeah, I definitely impressed with Hope Solo.. Some of the reflex and point blank saves i see her make in the highlights are nothing short of amazing.

Not sure why people criticize her for the goal from the cross in the France game. The way that cross came in she had no option but to play the attacker coming into to head the ball and the forward miss the header. Always a difficult one for even the best keepers. The only real way to defend that is to attack the cross as soon as it comes in but that is a decision that has to be made real early in the play.

I must say, the best thing about this women's tournament for me was the quality of the goalkeepers because that for me was the biggest eyesore in the women's game. Tired see 8-0 and 10-0 games where the ball just sailing over woman goalkeeper's head or passing next to their foot and they stand up in the goal with a bewildered look, never bothering to dive.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: July 18, 2011, 11:40:43 AM »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: July 18, 2011, 11:42:46 AM »

?

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: July 18, 2011, 11:45:32 AM »
Solo gets alot of grade inflation by the U.S. media marketing machine. 

The fact that many find her easy on the eyes doh hurt her cause either. 

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: July 18, 2011, 11:50:20 AM »
The "quality" of the goal keeping in this tournament was very poor... I dunno how anybody could claim goalkeeping as the take-away from this.  Lower scores is better attributable to improved defending... period. In the vast majority of games the goal keeping was substandard and goalkeeping errors is what caused France and Sweden to end up in the consolation game.  The best keepers were Solo, Kaihori (especially on the strength of yesterday's performance), Angerer for Germany (although she chose the wrong moment to have her worst play... against Japan) and Bardley for England.  

I also dunno how anybody could question Solo being the best keeper at the tournament... she had a shaky day yesterday and I still question her decision making sometimes, but on pure athleticism alone that gives her a huge enough advantage to stand apart.  I'm no expert on goalkeeping and no expert on women's keepers, but if there's a better keeper in the world right now I want to know who she is.  I doh like de gyul but I ent go begrudge she on she talent.

1]; } ?>