March 28, 2024, 09:14:17 AM

Author Topic: Women's World Cup  (Read 222107 times)

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
Re: Women's World Cup
« Reply #1860 on: July 18, 2011, 01:08:22 PM »
Its only women's football and it has some way to go before people get emotional about it,its still bloody novelty as far as plenty people are concerned,so no fuss...PLEASE.

are you a troll or a first class idiot?
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: July 18, 2011, 01:14:08 PM »

I'd guess all of the above...
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: July 18, 2011, 01:45:01 PM »
Its only women's football and it has some way to go before people get emotional about it,its still bloody novelty as far as plenty people are concerned,so no fuss...PLEASE.

You making it sound like they're mutually exclusive.

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: July 18, 2011, 02:22:44 PM »

I stand corrected

Frico, are you a troll and a first class idiot?

or if I switch two words and replace the question mark with a period.

Frico, you are a troll and a first class idiot.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: July 18, 2011, 02:24:47 PM »

Survey says...

*ding* *ding* *ding*

We have a winner!

truetrini

« Reply #1865 on: July 18, 2011, 02:51:19 PM »

I stand corrected

a dunce cyat hole..I have been alerting you all to him a while now...racist too.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: July 18, 2011, 02:55:27 PM »

I stand corrected

a dunce cyat hole..I have been alerting you all to him a while now...racist too.
:rotfl:

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: July 18, 2011, 03:07:32 PM »
How about a troll and a compounded idiot.

It's funny. I'm watching around the horn all these idiots who don't watch, don't have a clue about the game never kick ah lime in dey life.., never kick snow off ah rope are all of a sudden experts.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: July 18, 2011, 04:08:30 PM »
SOAP HOLO
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: July 18, 2011, 05:22:30 PM »
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: July 18, 2011, 08:08:13 PM »
Alex Morgan  :whistling:

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: July 18, 2011, 08:09:12 PM »

I agree with partner behind she...

Praise Jesus!!
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: July 18, 2011, 11:32:16 PM »
WoW Alex looks fine in that dress....ah could do with ah sip ah dat fanta yes

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #1873 on: July 19, 2011, 05:32:06 AM »
yeah i will take a sip of that fanta and a bite of dat...oops sorry..i thought i saw a sandwich in her hand.

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #1874 on: July 19, 2011, 05:33:06 AM »

I agree with partner behind she...

Praise Jesus!!

yeah saddist looking like he about to receive a blessing.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: July 19, 2011, 07:13:00 AM »
Love that Japanese team... read elsewhere that some of the ladies didn't even have the passage to Germany, that they had to scrape and borrow.  Of course the Federation will pay them back, but it just goes to show how much adversity they had to overcome.  Aya Sameshima actually worked at the Fukushima Nuclear Plant and lost friends and co-workers in the Tsunami, almost quitting football.  Months later and she's a world champion.

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: July 19, 2011, 07:53:39 AM »
this is a nice 'feel good' story for Japan given recent events.  :beermug:

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: July 19, 2011, 08:34:36 AM »
Most Cinderella stories end somewhere around the q-finals ...maybe as far as a semi final... Cool this one ended like a true fairytale.  Hope they can build on this success....

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: July 19, 2011, 09:16:56 AM »
nice pics dhw. Hope this victory over my team usa can propel football in Japan ...As for the USA football will always be concidered an "outsider"  sport because there is no support for the national team by people who claim they love the sport and live in this country call  USA..
war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: July 19, 2011, 09:25:16 AM »
nice pics dhw. Hope this victory over my team usa can propel football in Japan ...As for the USA football will always be concidered an "outsider"  sport because there is no support for the national team by people who claim they love the sport and live in this country call  USA..
war

That is a rel shame, its amazing how USA feels NFL , Baseball etc is gods gift to man , when the majority of the world doesn't care for it
Youtube Channel

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: July 19, 2011, 09:37:07 AM »
That is a rel shame, its amazing how USA feels NFL , Baseball etc is gods gift to man , when the majority of the world doesn't care for it

Allyuh really bitter about the U.S. jed...lol Those are their sports, that's their culture...

Just like the majority of the world doh care for soca, but dais we music...

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: July 19, 2011, 09:54:42 AM »

Allyuh really bitter about the U.S. jed...lol

USA is the only country that hates football like that, plenty other countries have alot of sports living in harmony with no disrespect. Of course i hate it, if they allowed to hate why cant I? Fire BUN  :flamethrower: Hater to d grave !!!  :devil:
Youtube Channel

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: July 19, 2011, 10:01:04 AM »
war

Neither of these posts makes any sense.

First off War the US national teams are well-supported... every game that ESPN broadcast showed lots of fans in the stadiums, even in these ketch-ass times.  Same for the men last year in S. Africa.  In the Gold Cup they traveled all over the country supporting the team... CONCACAF just was greedy in putting it in LA because they wanted a big stadium (the venue held 90K+) and wanted to ensure a sellout.  This is why there were so many Mexicans... the Confederation knew them Mexicans would pay whatever price to come to the game.  So I dunno where you getting this "the team not supported by those who claim they love the sport" talk from.

DHW... I doh even know your rationale for concluding that Americans think "the NFL, baseball etc." is God's gift to man.  The way you acting is as though they trying to shove it down people throat.  To begin with there's not national push by the gov't or any other body to force the sports on the rest of the world... so this isn't about "Americans".  NFL and MLB smart... they watching how basketball growing around the world (how come yuh eh complain about that?).  Same thing ManU and Liverpool doing in Asia is the same thing the NFL trying to do... increase it's global footprint so as to sell more merchandise.   It eh have nutten to do with "God's gift to man" unless God's gift to man is money.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: July 19, 2011, 10:17:03 AM »
USA is the only country that hates football like that

Plenty Americans are ignorant about football, but not as much as people think and it is changing fast.  Imagine 3 of the 5 nominees for play of the year on the ESPY's were football (soccer)...including an EPL & an MLS play...The eventual winner being Abby Wambach...that was a voter driven category so that says alot!! During the World Cup, here in NYC bars were packed during working hours with Americans (not immigrants) running away from their offices to watch the matches... On the Saturday of the CL final same thing...I know NYC is not the best reflection of America, but take a look at the average MLS crowd during the season - at one point it was about 30K per game (average eh!!!)...it's probably more now....In Seattle the Sounders are reportedly the most widely followed sporting franchise in the city (not sure how they measure that)... Take a look at Seattle home games when the sounders play...It's insane!...more atmosphere than alot of EPL games I watch

The America hates football mentality is as much cliche as it is reality.  The largest amount of tix bought for the WC in South Africa were bought by people based in the ....USA (not a perfect stat of course but still has some meaning)....I think WC 2006 stats were close/similar.... It's the only country in the world that has so many competing sports with a market share larger than football, so naturally there will be obstacles to the sport's growth and there will always be the old boys club, particularly in middle America who has been born and bred on football, basketball and baseball.....but all in all, America loves football more than most give them credit for.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: July 19, 2011, 10:19:04 AM »
USA is the only country that hates football like that

Plenty Americans are ignorant about football, but not as much as people think and it is changing fast.  Imagine 3 of the 5 nominees for play of the year on the ESPY's were football (soccer)...including an EPL & an MLS play...The eventual winner being Abby Wambach...that was a voter driven category so that says alot!! During the World Cup, here in NYC bars were packed during working hours with Americans (not immigrants) running away from their offices to watch the matches... On the Saturday of the CL final same thing...I know NYC is not the best reflection of America, but take a look at the average MLS crowd during the season - at one point it was about 30K per game (average eh!!!)...it's probably more now....In Seattle the Sounders are reportedly the most widely followed sporting franchise in the city (not sure how they measure that)... Take a look at Seattle home games when the sounders play...It's insane!...more atmosphere than alot of EPL games I watch

The America hates football mentality is as much cliche as it is reality.  The largest amount of tix bought for the WC in South Africa were bought by people based in the ....USA (not a perfect stat of course but still has some meaning)....I think WC 2006 stats were close/similar.... It's the only country in the world that has so many competing sports with a market share larger than football, so naturally there will be obstacles to the sport's growth and there will always be the old boys club, particularly in middle America who has been born and bred on football, basketball and baseball.....but all in all, America loves football more than most give them credit for.

Probably the media causes it , because most comments on the net and tv , they act like Football is crap
Youtube Channel

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: July 19, 2011, 10:21:16 AM »
Probably the media causes it , because most comments on the net and tv , they act like Football is crap

I hear what you're saying but I sincerely doubt it's most comments...I think the critical comments just have a bigger impact. 

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: July 19, 2011, 10:21:44 AM »
Kicker you have time yes... people are beholden to their cliches.  People forgetting how vast and diverse America is... 212 million people.  Some will like football some won't.  The fact of the matter is that the sport isn't organic to the US and because of their particular history they have a suspicion of things foreign.  Plenty people 'hate' Lacrosse and Hockey too... or don't care for it (*raises hand*).  Right there in Trinidad it have plenty people who hate football.  Leh we talk about that nah?  :devil:

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: July 19, 2011, 10:22:55 AM »
Kicker you have time yes...

lol been a slow couple days.... ;D

1]; } ?>