March 28, 2024, 06:53:18 AM

Author Topic: Women's World Cup  (Read 222093 times)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Women's World Cup
« Reply #1890 on: July 19, 2011, 10:24:12 AM »
Kicker you have time yes...

lol been a slow couple days.... ;D

Wife cyah find nutten fuh you tuh do?  No board tuh hammer, yard tuh sweep, grass tuh cut or nutten? lol

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: July 19, 2011, 10:25:16 AM »
lol...

:rotfl:
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: July 19, 2011, 11:05:38 AM »
DHW doh study dem fellahs and dis setta logic and facts and satistics oui
Yuh finally learn how to channel de power of yuh goat mout toward the anointed ones

As a great General once said "Pure hate, but we ackin normal"
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: July 19, 2011, 11:20:38 AM »
USA is the only country that hates football like that

Plenty Americans are ignorant about football, but not as much as people think and it is changing fast.  Imagine 3 of the 5 nominees for play of the year on the ESPY's were football (soccer)...including an EPL & an MLS play...The eventual winner being Abby Wambach...that was a voter driven category so that says alot!! During the World Cup, here in NYC bars were packed during working hours with Americans (not immigrants) running away from their offices to watch the matches... On the Saturday of the CL final same thing...I know NYC is not the best reflection of America, but take a look at the average MLS crowd during the season - at one point it was about 30K per game (average eh!!!)...it's probably more now....In Seattle the Sounders are reportedly the most widely followed sporting franchise in the city (not sure how they measure that)... Take a look at Seattle home games when the sounders play...It's insane!...more atmosphere than alot of EPL games I watch

The America hates football mentality is as much cliche as it is reality.  The largest amount of tix bought for the WC in South Africa were bought by people based in the ....USA (not a perfect stat of course but still has some meaning)....I think WC 2006 stats were close/similar.... It's the only country in the world that has so many competing sports with a market share larger than football, so naturally there will be obstacles to the sport's growth and there will always be the old boys club, particularly in middle America who has been born and bred on football, basketball and baseball.....but all in all, America loves football more than most give them credit for.

Probably the media causes it , because most comments on the net and tv , they act like Football is crap

Most Americans (media included) only love "Soccer" when they are winning! Serious talk! Don't mix up the large number who play the game with those who watch, it's 2 different thing.

I have to deal with parents everyday who have kids playing the game and the parents don't know one thing about the game and never watch a game unless their kid is playing. The good thing about it, some of these kids take it seriously and are very good. So hopefully it would all change in the future.

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: July 19, 2011, 11:23:09 AM »
DHW doh study dem fellahs and dis setta logic and facts and satistics oui
Yuh finally learn how to channel de power of yuh goat mout toward the anointed ones

As a great General once said "Pure hate, but we ackin normal"

:beermug:  8)

USA is the only country that hates football like that

Plenty Americans are ignorant about football, but not as much as people think and it is changing fast.  Imagine 3 of the 5 nominees for play of the year on the ESPY's were football (soccer)...including an EPL & an MLS play...The eventual winner being Abby Wambach...that was a voter driven category so that says alot!! During the World Cup, here in NYC bars were packed during working hours with Americans (not immigrants) running away from their offices to watch the matches... On the Saturday of the CL final same thing...I know NYC is not the best reflection of America, but take a look at the average MLS crowd during the season - at one point it was about 30K per game (average eh!!!)...it's probably more now....In Seattle the Sounders are reportedly the most widely followed sporting franchise in the city (not sure how they measure that)... Take a look at Seattle home games when the sounders play...It's insane!...more atmosphere than alot of EPL games I watch

The America hates football mentality is as much cliche as it is reality.  The largest amount of tix bought for the WC in South Africa were bought by people based in the ....USA (not a perfect stat of course but still has some meaning)....I think WC 2006 stats were close/similar.... It's the only country in the world that has so many competing sports with a market share larger than football, so naturally there will be obstacles to the sport's growth and there will always be the old boys club, particularly in middle America who has been born and bred on football, basketball and baseball.....but all in all, America loves football more than most give them credit for.

Probably the media causes it , because most comments on the net and tv , they act like Football is crap

Most Americans (media included) only love "Soccer" when they are winning! Serious talk! Don't mix up the large number who play the game with those who watch, it's 2 different thing.

I have to deal with parents everyday who have kids playing the game and the parents don't know one thing about the game and never watch a game unless their kid is playing. The good thing about it, some of these kids take it seriously and are very good. So hopefully it would all change in the future.

Big Up!

i hope so one day.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: July 19, 2011, 11:24:51 AM »
Bakes and Kicker thank you guys for your responses pertaining to de whole Americans doh like football topic. I'm glad there are fellahs like you on dis forum that could 'check' men/women and set de record straight, cause sadly it have grown, impressionable PEOPLE on dis forum who will take some shyte somebody say and go runnng wid it.

De thing is you guys might have to do this every so often cause it seems as though, every so often this topic comes up...so keep up de good work of edifying de masses, Captain America out:)

"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: July 19, 2011, 11:25:19 AM »
Kicker you have time yes... people are beholden to their cliches.  People forgetting how vast and diverse America is... 212 million people.  :

aye Bakes, yuh forget the other 100 million.  Yuh typin '2' fast :devil:
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: July 19, 2011, 11:27:35 AM »
Oh, and Hope was interviewed on ESPN this mornin...good times:)

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: July 19, 2011, 11:30:24 AM »
Kicker you have time yes... people are beholden to their cliches.  People forgetting how vast and diverse America is... 212 million people.  :

de nex 100 mil is undocumented mexicans....real yankee doh count dem on de census
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: July 19, 2011, 12:08:18 PM »
nice pics dhw. Hope this victory over my team usa can propel football in Japan ...As for the USA football will always be concidered an "outsider"  sport because there is no support for the national team by people who claim they love the sport and live in this country call  USA..
war

That is a rel shame, its amazing how USA feels NFL , Baseball etc is gods gift to man , when the majority of the world doesn't care for it

Neither of these posts makes any sense.

First off War the US national teams are well-supported... every game that ESPN broadcast showed lots of fans in the stadiums, even in these ketch-ass times.  Same for the men last year in S. Africa.  In the Gold Cup they traveled all over the country supporting the team... CONCACAF just was greedy in putting it in LA because they wanted a big stadium (the venue held 90K+) and wanted to ensure a sellout.  This is why there were so many Mexicans... the Confederation knew them Mexicans would pay whatever price to come to the game.  So I dunno where you getting this "the team not supported by those who claim they love the sport" talk from.

DHW... I doh even know your rationale for concluding that Americans think "the NFL, baseball etc." is God's gift to man.  The way you acting is as though they trying to shove it down people throat.  To begin with there's not national push by the gov't or any other body to force the sports on the rest of the world... so this isn't about "Americans".  NFL and MLB smart... they watching how basketball growing around the world (how come yuh eh complain about that?).  Same thing ManU and Liverpool doing in Asia is the same thing the NFL trying to do... increase it's global footprint so as to sell more merchandise.   It eh have nutten to do with "God's gift to man" unless God's gift to man is money.

bakes am talking bout people like we who leaves trinidad , come here and live our life and hate USA Football team .. hate to see the stadium pack , hate to see our African american brother wearing the american jersey. but yet we support them full hearted when they playing basketball.. I support my adopted country once it does not come up against Jamaica and trinidad and tobago.. How could you support football but dont support the upliftment of it here in your adopted country has me bewildered..I honestly feal sey if you living here you should have no reason to support everybody but USA.. I dont believe theese pppl love football they jes loveseeing usa Loose!!!!!!!!!!!
as I say if India come to play USA I voting for USA I am a TRini American and will support this country football for the rest of my life dats the only way football will reach this country and "white and black " america will not see it as a sissy sport.....
war

Black Lives Matter..

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: July 19, 2011, 12:41:40 PM »
nice pics dhw. Hope this victory over my team usa can propel football in Japan ...As for the USA football will always be concidered an "outsider"  sport because there is no support for the national team by people who claim they love the sport and live in this country call  USA..
war

That is a rel shame, its amazing how USA feels NFL , Baseball etc is gods gift to man , when the majority of the world doesn't care for it

First off War the US national teams are well-supported... every game that ESPN broadcast showed lots of fans in the stadiums, even in these ketch-ass times.  Same for the men last year in S. Africa.  In the Gold Cup they traveled all over the country supporting the team... CONCACAF just was greedy in putting it in LA because they wanted a big stadium (the venue held 90K+) and wanted to ensure a sellout.  This is why there were so many Mexicans... the Confederation knew them Mexicans would pay whatever price to come to the game.  So I dunno where you getting this "the team not supported by those who claim they love the sport" talk from.

DHW... I doh even know your rationale for concluding that Americans think "the NFL, baseball etc." is God's gift to man.  The way you acting is as though they trying to shove it down people throat.  To begin with there's not national push by the gov't or any other body to force the sports on the rest of the world... so this isn't about "Americans".  NFL and MLB smart... they watching how basketball growing around the world (how come yuh eh complain about that?).  Same thing ManU and Liverpool doing in Asia is the same thing the NFL trying to do... increase it's global footprint so as to sell more merchandise.   It eh have nutten to do with "God's gift to man" unless God's gift to man is money.

bakes am talking bout people like we who leaves trinidad , come here and live our life and hate USA Football team .. hate to see the stadium pack , hate to see our African american brother wearing the american jersey. but yet we support them full hearted when they playing basketball.. I support my adopted country once it does not come up against Jamaica and trinidad and tobago.. How could you support football but dont support the upliftment of it here in your adopted country has me bewildered..I honestly feal sey if you living here you should have no reason to support everybody but USA.. I dont believe theese pppl love football they jes loveseeing usa Loose!!!!!!!!!!!
as I say if India come to play USA I voting for USA I am a TRini American and will support this country football for the rest of my life dats the only way football will reach this country and "white and black " america will not see it as a sissy sport.....
war

Tell that to all the Mexican Americans who move here to support the USA too nah!  ;D

I support Football here in the USA, I am a season ticket holder for the Sounders and I support them, the last I check they are a MLS team in the USA. But I can't see myself supporting the USMNT and I have my reasons.  :beermug:

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: July 19, 2011, 12:52:34 PM »
war

war

but dais it right dey man, dat argument hold water only for those dat live dey, d ress ah we doh have to take on dat ole talk.......it have fellas who does want to force d issue wit people livin in trini .........dat same fyzoman took issue wit people dat doh even live dey during d WC .....hate is often irrational, I'll give you dat but tryin  ......ever so slightly to force yuh views on people.......even if in jest.....when we have no reason to give ah rats ass about the USA team ................and most times it does be all in good fun anyway so................

I pity the fool....

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: July 19, 2011, 01:11:10 PM »
war

war

Tell that to all the Mexican Americans who move here to support the USA too nah!  ;D

I support Football here in the USA, I am a season ticket holder for the Sounders and I support them, the last I check they are a MLS team in the USA. But I can't see myself supporting the USMNT and I have my reasons.  :beermug:

Big Up!

Mexicans supported USA VS Honduras last gold cup .. not this one dat went the one semifinal that was held in soldier field .. Big fight among the Honduras and mexican fans.. Mexicans was shouting USAUSA USA and Big fight took out with them and Honduras..I have many mexican friends and dey all support USA... but not when they playing mexico .. I dont think you support Football in america bredda.. You cant support football and live in america and dont like the national team.. You got problems.. you tell me you dont support adu, you dont support theese african american players who choose football over basket ball basemball and all di other shit thing they got here.. Please brother yu  talking shit dey... you honestly go have yu children play for TNT wid the way we football going.. Please brother .. I does only hear allyuh and laugh... Anyway am not here to argue am hear to prove my point that many ppl in this forum really dont love football they just love chat...
war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: July 19, 2011, 01:29:47 PM »

We doh count de illegal spanish and dem   ;D

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: July 19, 2011, 01:36:43 PM »
war

Yeah well I doh support no team blindly... especially not because ah living in de country or carrying de passport.  I definitely doh support no kick and chase football or a developmental system still waiting tuh wean itself from the post WWII teats of moribund countries like Germany and the British Isles.  To Germany's credit it has recognized the vibrancy of it's multinational youth population and embraced the diversity of both ethnicity and style. 

The European ex-pats who seeded this American system we have today didn't have time fuh dat and they Yankee prodigies ent have time for it yet.  I surprised to read in the wake of Japan's win... how many people, regular fans and columnists, calling for America to diversify not only the ethnic makeup of the team but also the style of play.  You have sons... I bet whenever yuh son and dem kicking ball in AYSO de coach does still get on dem fuh holding onto the ball and the parents does yell from de sidelines how they "being selfish".  I cyah support dat kinda stifling, talent killing nonsense.

.... leh we eh even talk about the obnoxious ass fans and dem.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 01:39:19 PM by Bakes »

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1905 on: July 19, 2011, 01:43:46 PM »
Less than 1% of 300 million people will fill any stadium anywhere, so don't get tie up with American football hype.
Americans do not like football.  Hence, their commentators have to keep selling their team when on the air.  It's  simply a push to prove why they should be on air in the first place.  ::) That's why they talk about the team before the game, it's all hype for ratings.  The general public is ignorant bout football but they appreciate world sporting dominance.  

2 reasons I will be a hater of US football.  :devil:
1. If your not respectful you won't be respected
2. If every time your team fails you throw them under a bus, there's something a work here beyond the love of the sport.
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

giggsy11

« Reply #1906 on: July 19, 2011, 02:12:09 PM »
war

Yuh mean like when they identify the winner of the various championships,  as 'World Champions', when it may have only involved two teams from the US and sometimes maybe from  Canada competing in a finals?

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: July 19, 2011, 02:18:37 PM »
war

war

but dais it right dey man, dat argument hold water only for those dat live dey, d ress ah we doh have to take on dat ole talk.......it have fellas who does want to force d issue wit people livin in trini .........dat same fyzoman took issue wit people dat doh even live dey during d WC .....hate is often irrational, I'll give you dat but tryin  ......ever so slightly to force yuh views on people.......even if in jest.....when we have no reason to give ah rats ass about the USA team ................and most times it does be all in good fun anyway so................

Boss my issue does be wid peeps who talking what dey eh know bout, or who just making outright racist statements!! I am big on the whole everyone entitled to dey own opinion thing, really I am...and peeps here could HATE whomever dey damn well want..but doh come and talk no stupidness and eh expect people to call yuh on it

Please know i doesn't be trying to force my views on nobody, just giving a different, less-BIGOTED opinion!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: July 19, 2011, 02:21:40 PM »
war

Yuh mean like when they identify the winner of the various championships,  as 'World Champions', when it may have only involved two teams from the US and sometimes maybe from  Canada competing in a finals?

Exactly!!
Youtube Channel

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: July 19, 2011, 02:56:19 PM »
I just find it REL amusing when people does wanna "take issue" with "foreigners" living in America that don't......"embrace" the american things that they feel we should embrace.  People dat born here willing to burn dey own flag in protest so why I cyah dislike dey..........."soccer" teams? Fyzoman, allyuh good oui! 

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: July 19, 2011, 02:56:31 PM »
Less than 1% of 300 million people will fill any stadium anywhere, so don't get tie up with American football hype.
Americans do not like football.  Hence, their commentators have to keep selling their team when on the air.  It's  simply a push to prove why they should be on air in the first place.  ::) That's why they talk about the team before the game, it's all hype for ratings.  The general public is ignorant bout football but they appreciate world sporting dominance.  

2 reasons I will be a hater of US football.  :devil:
1. If your not respectful you won't be respected
2. If every time your team fails you throw them under a bus, there's something a work here beyond the love of the sport.
Padnah that's where you are wrong. The disconnect in the sports lies with those who are commentators.
There's that American thing that says that ex-players make the best sport announcers and most Amercians who are into soccer are just as critical of them as we are. The fault lies squarely on the shoulders on the broadcasting companies as they are following a typical American model. Howard Cossell was always critical of athletes becoming announcers as most lack the ability to provide cogent analysis e.g. Julie Foudy and Alexis Lalas. So what they do is listen to what American football and basketball announcers do and apply it to soccer.

With regards to disrespect it is only because we as Trinis doh have nuttin to be arrogant about that we come off as haters. Look how Brazilians act yet we are not critical...you cyah fault de people because dey team doing well.

Maybe if we threw our players under the bus they would have more national pride.

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: July 19, 2011, 03:00:51 PM »
war

war

Boss my issue does be wid peeps who talking what dey eh know bout, or who just making outright racist statements!! I am big on the whole everyone entitled to dey own opinion thing, really I am...and peeps here could HATE whomever dey damn well want..but doh come and talk no stupidness and eh expect people to call yuh on it

Please know i doesn't be trying to force my views on nobody, just giving a different, less-BIGOTED opinion!

Fyzo brother, how race comes into play here? So are you saying America is Only White and if you hate their soccer team, you hate white people?  :-\

War, are you serious with that talk? If you live in the US and doh like their national team, you doh like Football? is that what it comes down to? nah man, you cya be serious!

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: July 19, 2011, 03:01:54 PM »
war

war

Big Up!

Mexicans supported USA VS Honduras last gold cup .. not this one dat went the one semifinal that was held in soldier field .. Big fight among the Honduras and mexican fans.. Mexicans was shouting USAUSA USA and Big fight took out with them and Honduras..I have many mexican friends and dey all support USA... but not when they playing mexico .. I dont think you support Football in america bredda.. You cant support football and live in america and dont like the national team.. You got problems.. you tell me you dont support adu, you dont support theese african american players who choose football over basket ball basemball and all di other shit thing they got here.. Please brother yu  talking shit dey... you honestly go have yu children play for TNT wid the way we football going.. Please brother .. I does only hear allyuh and laugh... Anyway am not here to argue am hear to prove my point that many ppl in this forum really dont love football they just love chat...
war
War, no disrespect but you taking reallll shyt...Yuh basically saying dat if ah man living in de US he HAS to support de US national team? Yuh went on to say yuh support  de team because of of de  African Americans who play for dem....What would happen if the team was made up of strictly caucasians?
So yuh eh go support de US if dey playing against T&T or Jam, but yuh eh want   yuh children to play for Trini? Wham to Jam? Yuh reasoning full of holes and yuh trying to force yuh beliefs on de masses. Stupess….
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: July 19, 2011, 03:04:22 PM »
I just find it REL amusing when people does wanna "take issue" with "foreigners" living in America that don't......"embrace" the american things that they feel we should embrace.  People dat born here willing to burn dey own flag in protest so why I cyah dislike dey..........."soccer" teams? Fyzoman, allyuh good oui! 
\

Yo! Like yuh eh read meh post or what, I doh give ah flying fack whether yuh like or dislike America team, lemme repeat I not going to sit here and read when cacaholes talk shit and go on bigoted rants, dais all steups!!!

yuh could hate america team/teams all yuh like boy, me eh trying to convince allyuh to like nutten, and me eh feel yuh should embrace one damn thing " American".... know dat anytime allyuh come wid allyuh bigoted statements I hear mother c*&t waiting to call alyuh on it, dais all breds!!!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: July 19, 2011, 03:14:23 PM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl: alyuh getting the Captain vex . Ah love this thread
Youtube Channel

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: July 19, 2011, 03:17:06 PM »
Alex Morgan  :whistling:

I agree with partner behind she...

Praise Jesus!!

yeah saddist looking like he about to receive a blessing.

Oh and she is dating a Sounder  ;D Sounders peeps has good taste! LOL

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: July 19, 2011, 03:24:30 PM »
war

war

Fyzo brother, how race comes into play here? So are you saying America is Only White and if you hate their soccer team, you hate white people?  :-\

War, are you serious with that talk? If you live in the US and doh like their national team, you doh like Football? is that what it comes down to? nah man, you cya be serious!

Big Up!

Desowa yuh feel ah just pull dat outta thin air just so? You obviously doh really be reading de kinda post men does be posting here, but nice try though.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: July 19, 2011, 03:30:46 PM »
:rotfl: :rotfl: alyuh getting the Captain vex . Ah love this thread

For real Jed, seriously...check dis, after all dat Bakes and Kicker, go back and read Preacher post, ah eh even know where to start, and then Desowa and dem does wanting to be coming and asking me question, i f**king give up yes!!!

No f**k dat i eh give up:

Preacher explain de whole if YOU'RE not repspected thing to meh please, what yuh mean and why yuh say dat.

Preacher, who throw which team under what bus??? Defend your facking position!!!!

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: July 19, 2011, 03:45:42 PM »

Hoss ah find yuh starting yuh posts with that sentence alot...Like yuh real easily amused of late.   :D
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: July 19, 2011, 04:17:42 PM »
Here Fyzo cool down ah lil  ;D

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

1]; } ?>