April 19, 2024, 09:03:02 AM

Author Topic: Connection's Winchester, Benjamin Jr. for Dallas trial  (Read 4581 times)

Connection's Winchester, Benjamin Jr. for Dallas trial
« on: June 28, 2011, 12:50:31 PM »
Connection's Winchester, Benjamin Jr. for Dallas trial
ttproleague.com

W Connection marquee youth player Shahdon Winchester and U17 standout Neil Benjamin Jr. are expected to depart Trinidad on Wednesday 29 June to join Major League Soccer club FC Dallas on a 10-day trial.

The 19 year old Winchester, who had trials with Portuguese club Sporting Braga and Scottish club Celtics, showcased his talents for the Technical team of the 2010 MLS Champions Colorado Rapids Soccer Club earlier this year.

Most recently Winchester represented Trinidad & Tobago in Guatemala for the U20 CONCACAF World Cup Qualifications, and has also been a part of the then Russell Latapy led National Senior team with two caps to his name.

He is a regular to the W Connection Senior team starting line-up and also a past Naparima College stand out.

Meantime Benjamin Jr., also one of W Connection’s promising youth players, having come through the club’s youth system and into the main team has also been part of the T&T National Youth set-up having played for both National U15 and U17 teams.

The former Naparima Boys College player will turn 17 in August and according to the club, his style can be compared with that of English international Theo Walcott.

Dallas currently sits second on the Western Conference Standings, four (4) points behind leaders LA Galaxy with 31 points from 17 games and are hoping to strengthen their squad with players that can bring the 2011 title home.

Re: Connection's Winchester, Benjamin Jr. for Dallas trial
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 01:22:34 PM »
Good luck fellas.

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2011, 05:19:30 PM »
Just yesterday I was thinking about this youth, wondering if Celtic or somebody woulda call for him over the transfer window..

Good luck to them both..

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 05:28:26 PM »
Best wishes.

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2011, 07:44:42 PM »
Goood luck felllas...
Watch out for winchester forumites!

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2011, 07:50:17 PM »
Good luck to them. We really need more players to play in better leagues than de pro league so they have the chance to become better ..and we can have better players to choose for the national team

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2011, 07:58:24 PM »
Good luck to them. We really need more players to play in better leagues than de pro league so they have the chance to become better ..and we can have better players to choose for the national team

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Best wishes fellas

Offline Dansteel - The Iceman

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2011, 10:49:41 PM »
We also need more money in de pro league (and lower leagues) so we can get better players.

Victoria concordia crescit

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2011, 05:39:35 AM »
Interesting ..!!

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2011, 04:29:24 AM »
Not impressed.

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2011, 05:30:25 AM »
Not impressed.

Mose I agree not impressed as a matter of fact to slow and deliberate for me.

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2011, 05:41:02 AM »
He not slow, and he not all that either.

From de video he looks like an average player if you ask me.

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2011, 02:03:56 PM »
Any word on these fellllas?

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2011, 02:13:35 PM »
he  lost the ball Aleman  that  led to Aleman  scoring Canada's  second goal  against us

Offline Dynamite Warrior

« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2011, 02:31:41 PM »

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2011, 02:48:02 PM »
Not impressed.

Nah man fellas I like this yute man. Neil Jr.  He has the making of a Dani Alves fullback type. I would say Carlos Edwards, but he never fullfilled his potential.

This fella seems pretty fit, strong decent speed, uses both feet to strike the ball. From the highlights it seems he tries to play within the team system. He can be made to do much more. I really like this fella.

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2011, 02:54:28 PM »
Sometimes when I read this MB I daz get donghearted with some ah de tings people doz say bout the yutes,it seems dat people cry dong de players without good reason.The MLS seem to know better than our so called judges of good players,I hope Dallas tek de 2 ah dem,good luck to de boys,if big clubs can ask fuh we boys fuh trials it mean dey got something to offer.

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2011, 03:06:04 PM »
Not impressed.

Nah man fellas I like this yute man. Neil Jr.  He has the making of a Dani Alves fullback type. I would say Carlos Edwards, but he never fullfilled his potential.

This fella seems pretty fit, strong decent speed, uses both feet to strike the ball. From the highlights it seems he tries to play within the team system. He can be made to do much more. I really like this fella.

Definitely agree, he may be deliberate and slow in descision making but a strong, confident attacking right back making accurate passes and trying to exploit space is rare in T&T. Being 17 he still has some time left to substantially improve his game if he can make it into an MLS, USL or lower tier European League.

Offline loyalist

« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2011, 04:40:45 PM »
Neil Benjamin Jr. is the nephew of Glen Benjamin who played with Benedicts and also the 91 u20 world cup team with yorke and company. I must say i am really happy to see trini players still being considered for trials, especially the younger players considering the state of affairs with football in our country. Even if they not ready, it still gives them an inside look of how a real professional carries about themselves on and off the field. Which they may be able to bring back and help the football in our country. Also giving them the drive to work harder to achieve those same goals to become a professional player and be consistent in their trade. Remember at the moment we cant even come close to the US in terms of football. So why not get into their system and learn from them. Some of you guys just live by negativity and yeah you may not be impressed, but who are you to judge the youth man. What we may not like may be an asset to somebody else. But say what thats why most of you guys who make comments are fans. A fan have the right to give any opinion they feel like.

« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2011, 05:41:35 PM »
From what i saw in the highlights he didn't look too bad.

However, at 17 he needs to come out of the youth system, elevate his game and compete at a higher level. It seems like his dominating his age group, looks too comfortable.

Talent is around, it's just not properly harnessed

« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2011, 07:41:15 PM »
We need an academy where all these players on the brink can go to and train at the next level. A place where you getting coached by, Fenwick, Fisters, Tiger, Dwight, Latas, etc. Go on tour to various places, Brazil, Argentina, Spain, England. These fellas need that higher level coaching and expsoure from early. With youngsters like these clubs need to pool their resources and develop them in the off season. It's not about style of play but more functional training at these level.

« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2011, 04:52:39 AM »
The two Trinidadian players that were rumored to be coming on trial were there today and interestingly, Shahdon Winchester(I think) was the only one of all the trialists to actually get time playing in the small-sided game. Still, didn't get much of a look at them, hopefully I'll be able to make it out to practice next Wednesday to get a better look at these guys.

By: Daniel Robertson (Bigsoccer).

« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2011, 09:36:14 AM »
Neil Benjamin Jr. is the nephew of Glen Benjamin who played with Benedicts and also the 91 u20 world cup team with yorke and company. I must say i am really happy to see trini players still being considered for trials, especially the younger players considering the state of affairs with football in our country. Even if they not ready, it still gives them an inside look of how a real professional carries about themselves on and off the field. Which they may be able to bring back and help the football in our country. Also giving them the drive to work harder to achieve those same goals to become a professional player and be consistent in their trade. Remember at the moment we cant even come close to the US in terms of football. So why not get into their system and learn from them. Some of you guys just live by negativity and yeah you may not be impressed, but who are you to judge the youth man. What we may not like may be an asset to somebody else. But say what thats why most of you guys who make comments are fans. A fan have the right to give any opinion they feel like.

From what i saw in the highlights he didn't look too bad.

However, at 17 he needs to come out of the youth system, elevate his game and compete at a higher level. It seems like his dominating his age group, looks too comfortable.

Talent is around, it's just not properly harnessed

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline Insider

« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2011, 05:15:45 PM »
I wonder how these guys trial went ?

I could have swear I saw Neil Benjamin Jr. playing for W Connection under 17 team Thursday at the Gilbert Park Ground against Police FC, I think he even scored a goal to.

I saw piece of the game and had to leave or else I would have approached him.