April 28, 2024, 10:22:34 AM

Author Topic: 7 year old boy from England gets trial at Nou Camp...scouted while on holiday!!  (Read 2372 times)

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
A seven-year-old from Northampton saw his holiday in Spain become a football dream when he was offered a trial with European champions Barcelona.

Kai Fifield joined in with a group of local kids having a kickaround near Barcelona's Camp Nou stadium while on holiday in the Catalan city with his dad.

But unbeknown to the youngster, the match was being watched by Barcelona scouts looking to recruit new talent for the club's famous youth academy.

The scouts approached Kai's dad Delaney and asked him if his son could come along to an official trial at the 100,000-seater stadium the day after - an offer which threw up a problem, since the two were due to fly back to England the following day.

"I explained we were leaving tomorrow but they were persistent," Delaney explained. "So we cancelled the flights and I took him back!"

Kai's trial on one of Barcelona's first-team training pitches went well, with a coach describing the lad's performance as "very, very good".

The coaches will deliver their final verdict over the next weeks, however, with Kai in line to be offered a place at the academy as of September if he is deemed good enough.

"I would pack our bags and move there tomorrow if they asked," confirmed Delaney.

"Every father would say this, but he is a fantastic player. He is small but very quick, has great passing and is unselfish.

"You don't get a chance like this every day and it has come our way by complete chance."

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/world-of-sport/article/57757/

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
wayyy...we neeed foundations like this.....scouting talent from rel yung, that is talent development right there!.........buh wait..ah almost fuhget, is TTFF we talking bout...well atleast we ha stern!
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
Ah wonder how come they ain't spot that talent in the UK? Goes to show why Barca is special.  In terms of talent development, they are second to none at the moment.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
And how many of these scouted 7 year olds go on to make it as professionals? Haven't heard of one yet. No 7 year old should be playing football more than a few miles from home.

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Ah wonder how come they ain't spot that talent in the UK? Goes to show why Barca is special.  In terms of talent development, they are second to none at the moment.

So Barca is special because they think someone has talent? Who's to say the child has?
Hart for president

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile

So Barca is special because they think someone has talent? Who's to say the child has?
de fellla daddy dred!
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
And how many of these scouted 7 year olds go on to make it as professionals? Haven't heard of one yet. No 7 year old should be playing football more than a few miles from home.

My son was signed at 7 years old....unfortunately thats when he peaked lol. They are looking for the basic building blocks at that age....first touch, using both feet, spacial awareness, positional sense. The rest, they try to develop. For instance, my son didn't have much pace so when he trained he wore rubber bands from his hands to his elbows to train him to pump his arms as he ran.
But I agree that clubs should be kept local. I always thought that EPL & Football League should have a national independent coaching system so if a child was discovered by Man U, but lived in London he would train at Chelsea. Once the child reached 16 he could then join his club. Each club could take say 30 of each age group. Problem is of course that the Chelsea school may not work as hard with the Man U boy and vice versa. If it could be made truly independent, it would be a good soloution.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile

Horse you fighting a dead horse.  Barca bring through so many players through their pipeline as a testimony of their focus on nurturing young talent.  So how yuh feel that talent got to Barca in the first place?  Scouting!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I know the Barca team that played in El classico cost less than Ronaldo. 7 players including Messi came through the youth system, maybe not from age 7, but the results are proof of their commitment.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
I know the Barca team that played in El classico cost less than Ronaldo. 7 players including Messi came through the youth system, maybe not from age 7, but the results are proof of their commitment.

Thank you, boss.  The proof is in the pudding.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
At 7 everyone's a superstar and is talented....................well most everyone. lol
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Andre DosSantos

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile

different style of play, almost reminds you of messi's story

1]; } ?>