March 28, 2024, 05:45:35 PM

Author Topic: Stern Interview  (Read 8112 times)

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
Stern Interview
« on: June 30, 2011, 07:14:56 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/_PeWYc21Ps4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/_PeWYc21Ps4</a>

he mention da d level in training high more dan once
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 07:23:46 AM by Tallman »
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Stern Interview
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2011, 09:06:48 AM »
Yuh knee never gets back to 100%, and even with major surgery and replacements,although the joint might be stronger, there is losses in flexibility/suppleness, besides fragility of mental confidence....however, where  the affected active individual might gain some successes is by reorganizing personal goals, adjusting styles and dedicate to development of others....just an opinion

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2011, 01:36:21 PM »
Ah see ah few faces in the training that make meh glad. ah hope this is the beginning of the end of the fackry that we experience over the past five yrs, BC after all this time we finally get ah bonified coach who knows what he's doing and not no wannabee looking a easy gig!

ah hear ppl saying that the TTFF setup latas tuh fail and i wondering, how so ? IMO nobody cyar set me up to do nothing i don't want to do. yuh think this german man just sitting back and allowing the TTFF tell him what to do? allyuh think he will go for that??

i believe fenwick when he said that latas training sessions lack intensity and hence the reason he withdrew his players on certain training days. but the latapy enthusiast i'm sure would beg to differ. IMO latapy and pancho was the worst thing to happen to T&T football out side of the TTFF in the past five yrs.

all man like hyland , collin samuel, darrly roberts, avery john, scott sealy, kendell jagdeosingh, osie telesford, lester peltier, and up till of late julius james was left out of his squad for bums like clyde leon and keston williams, which was utterly absurd!!

lets see if leon makes this german man's team. i seriously fackin doubt it!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Madd Ras#13

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2011, 07:45:03 AM »
nuff respect Stern, keep up de hard wuk n hope to see you back soon

ah love what i'm hearing about the sessions being intense, dais wah we need, got to enforce dah work man like hustle n attitude  :beermug:
all dat is necessary is necessary

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2011, 07:27:06 PM »
Say what allyuh want, John on that team.   :beermug:
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2011, 09:09:03 PM »
at this rate we might as well bring back Latapy yes ! where we going wid Stern ?? back to the future ??

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2011, 09:54:31 PM »
at this rate we might as well bring back Latapy yes ! where we going wid Stern ?? back to the future ??

:rotfl:

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2011, 06:43:15 AM »

If he trains hard and is better than the younger players, why not pick him?

Yuh think Liverpool will have a big game and play Hendedrson instead of Gerrard because they looking to the future?  Or Chelsea with Sturidge and McEchrean instead of Drogba and Lampard??

If he not performing, then drop him.........but if he is doing well in training, then the man should play, talk done!!

ah loveit!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2011, 08:51:59 AM »

Yuh think Liverpool will have a big game and play Hendedrson instead of Gerrard because they looking to the future?  Or Chelsea with Sturidge and McEchrean instead of Drogba and Lampard??

If he not performing, then drop him.........but if he is doing well in training, then the man should play, talk done!!

ah loveit!!

...and he might be better than the young players at this time but  when he finally retires he may have retired more young players who gave up serious training because of lack of opportunity. It was the same when he was a young player trying to get a break ...many of us had to make noise for him because he was from El and east ...this is a cycle breds ...lets not continue to moonwalk in our approach to achieving success ....too often we seem to be going forward while sliding backwards ....just so you dont miss the pun ... :beermug:

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2011, 10:45:15 AM »
Ah see ah few faces in the training that make meh glad. ah hope this is the beginning of the end of the fackry that we experience over the past five yrs, BC after all this time we finally get ah bonified coach who knows what he's doing and not no wannabee looking a easy gig!

ah hear ppl saying that the TTFF setup latas tuh fail and i wondering, how so ? IMO nobody cyar set me up to do nothing i don't want to do. yuh think this german man just sitting back and allowing the TTFF tell him what to do? allyuh think he will go for that??

i believe fenwick when he said that latas training sessions lack intensity and hence the reason he withdrew his players on certain training days. but the latapy enthusiast i'm sure would beg to differ. IMO latapy and pancho was the worst thing to happen to T&T football out side of the TTFF in the past five yrs.

all man like hyland , collin samuel, darrly roberts, avery john, scott sealy, kendell jagdeosingh, osie telesford, lester peltier, and up till of late julius james was left out of his squad for bums like clyde leon and keston williams, which was utterly absurd!!

lets see if leon makes this german man's team. i seriously fackin doubt it!

I would be wholly and solely on dis bandwagon if there wasn't one niggling factor. The fact is.. we doh ever respect we own. Latas coulda been broadsided into going with the locals only especially if he was told that is all that was avaible to him. I'm just saying. I will not pick up for Latas here because he coulda come out like Lincoln and talk about de pressure he was under. If he decide to stay quiet then take yuh jammin but to reiterate my point.. TnT from top to bottom does do more cart-wheels when yuh bring in a foreigner.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2011, 12:10:08 PM »

ah loveit!!

...and he might be better than the young players at this time but  when he finally retires he may have retired more young players who gave up serious training because of lack of opportunity. It was the same when he was a young player trying to get a break ...many of us had to make noise for him because he was from El and east ...this is a cycle breds ...lets not continue to moonwalk in our approach to achieving success ....too often we seem to be going forward while sliding backwards ....just so you dont miss the pun ... :beermug:

Only in Trini....:frustrated: Breds why should young players give up serious training because of lack of opportunity? If anything they should train harder and force their way on the team. Let them step up and keep Stern on the bench or off the team. Like we are warriors in name only.  Carlos will be 33 in Oct....I guess we moonwalking with him too.

With NO development program and WC qualifiers around the corner, you have to keep in mind that this is another quick fix campaign that would require only the best players we have available. So if Stern is still the best or better than most of the younger strikers then he deserves to be on the team. 

I'm not saying that it is the best formula, but it is that mixing of the young with the older guns that got us to the World Cup and it worked for other countries like Honduras as well that had Carlos Pavon lighting up qualifiers and featuring in his first World Cup at the age of 36.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 12:13:18 PM by FireBrand »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2011, 12:27:24 PM »

ah loveit!!

Only in Trini....:frustrated: Breds why should young players give up serious training because of lack of opportunity? If anything they should train harder and force their way on the team. Let them step up and keep Stern on the bench or off the team. Like we are warriors in name only.  Carlos will be 33 in Oct....I guess we moonwalking with him too.

With NO development program and WC qualifiers around the corner, you have to keep in mind that this is another quick fix campaign that would require only the best players we have available. So if Stern is still the best or better than most of the younger strikers then he deserves to be on the team. 

I'm not saying that it is the best formula, but it is that mixing of the young with the older guns that got us to the World Cup and it worked for other countries like Honduras as well that had Carlos Pavon lighting up qualifiers and featuring in his first World Cup at the age of 36.

I'll tell you why ...because they dont get opportunities to develop. For the same reason you mention many give up ...." If they dont measure up today ....they are forgotten ... Stern worked his way off the team in the last world cup campaign ...you do remember ? He was part of the starting line up . we played in an under 20 world Cup where de under 20 starlets today ? we keep repeating the mistakes of the past with gay abandon .... the tried tested and proven way to fail is ti take the remnants of the last losing team and build on that ...so bring back Carlos...Stern ...etc ...make it easy for the opposition who must be wondering what we drinking down here ??

Check Stern and Carlos's record recently ...they on de way down ...if you rebuilding you wont try replacements ?? why not let this coach try to develop some home talent as we eh getting any overseas contracts anytime soon ... I know countless talented players who resigned themselves to playing minor league .... all some of them needed was for someone to take a chance on dem and give them an opportunity ....

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2011, 01:47:09 PM »

ah loveit!!

I'll tell you why ...because they dont get opportunities to develop. For the same reason you mention many give up ...." If they dont measure up today ....they are forgotten ... Stern worked his way off the team in the last world cup campaign ...you do remember ? He was part of the starting line up . we played in an under 20 world Cup where de under 20 starlets today ? we keep repeating the mistakes of the past with gay abandon .... the tried tested and proven way to fail is ti take the remnants of the last losing team and build on that ...so bring back Carlos...Stern ...etc ...make it easy for the opposition who must be wondering what we drinking down here ??

Check Stern and Carlos's record recently ...they on de way down ...if you rebuilding you wont try replacements ?? why not let this coach try to develop some home talent as we eh getting any overseas contracts anytime soon ... I know countless talented players who resigned themselves to playing minor league .... all some of them needed was for someone to take a chance on dem and give them an opportunity ....

You make a couple of valid points, but this to me is a cop out excuse. the National Senior Team is NOT the place to develop talent, that is supposed to be done at club level. I love my people, but honestly too many of our talented players lack the professional attitude and discipline required to make noise on the international stage. And that "resigning themselves to just playing minor league football because they werent given an opportunity" is a prime example of that laissez-faire approach. We too quick to give up.

We have to realise that it is only some serious hard work, blood, sweat, and tears going to get us to where we want to be. And we have to have that approach on both an individual and team level.

I am all for giving the youths a chance, but only if they show the skill, effort, and fight required. To just have a player on (or off) the field solely because of his age is ridiculous. The best players should play, period. And quite frankly, if a younger player take something like that as a reason to give up and resign himself to just playing minor league, then he too soft to be on the NT anyways.  :beermug:
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2011, 11:49:09 PM »
Hear its a long time I haven't seen Stern.  The man looking fit.  So why jumbie the man?  You hear he even talk about diet etc. etc.  That's the kind of players you want around the team.  That kinda environment is invaluable for younger players.  Is diet the man say eh know. 
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2011, 07:34:37 AM »
bring back stern
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2011, 10:35:10 AM »
Jai John what you mean by "they dont get opportunities to develop". Younger players dont develop on the national team..their development come from club level..club level is where they play more than 75% of their football every year.

DO NOT BLAME STERN FOR THE FACT THAT HE CAN STILL MAKE THE TEAM BECAUSE OUR YOUNGER PLAYERS ARE CURRENTLY NOT GOOD ENOUGH. Its true Stern not as half as good like his prime but he still better than most of them locl strikers i have seen in recent years who shit themself against caribbean opposition. One of the many reasons why we not in the Gold Cup this year

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2011, 07:58:59 AM »
Jai John what you mean by "they dont get opportunities to develop". Younger players dont develop on the national team..their development come from club level..club level is where they play more than 75% of their football every year.

DO NOT BLAME STERN FOR THE FACT THAT HE CAN STILL MAKE THE TEAM BECAUSE OUR YOUNGER PLAYERS ARE CURRENTLY NOT GOOD ENOUGH. Its true Stern not as half as good like his prime but he still better than most of them locl strikers i have seen in recent years who shit themself against caribbean opposition. One of the many reasons why we not in the Gold Cup this year

You dont agree that players can develop by playing on the national team in our case ? You think playing in the club system in T&T will prepare them for the likes of teams such as mexico, Usa, costa rica, honduras , jamaica at national level ???
how can a  player develop ? ..by continuing in the national league playing against those he is obviously better than ???
You amaze me if you cant see the benefit of giving exposure to young talent to test themselves against others from different countries, systems etc. That is the reason for us having inexperienced 28 and 30 year olds ..in our national set up. there was a time when players got overseas contracts and you can see the difference in those who had that opportunity ...
let me remind you of the 17 year old dwight Yorke ...both he and Colvin hutchinson went on trial in England ...according to the the report ..there was not much difference in their abilities ...nothing special prompting famous last words from a manchester united great ..." if he makes it in the priemiership I am a monkey's uncle " ..but they opted for the younger player ... Yorke stayed hutchinson came home ...the rest is history. Hutchinson  with similar abilities to yorke drifted away into football oblivion ...while yorke went on to fame and fortune .
Chance given ...chance taken ...opportunity denied ....lack of motivation ...football cemetry .

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2011, 08:27:00 AM »
we talkin bout development and movin forward and seriously puttin Stern forward as ah option....alyuh serious what he going an' teach dem fellas when it already known dat he in particular had no respect for d junior players, how much time alyuh see it as plain as day......yes d future bleak as it regards to future of we football .....but seriously Stern.... for what purpose....to hope beyond all hope dat he ketch form.......we didn' try dat fuuckry aready................there a still seniors that can pass on valuable knowledge but Stern ain't one, thank d man for his services and lets move on.

man talkin bout development and future an' shit an still want to entertain patch work and stop gap measures dat FAILED BIG TIME ONCE ALREADY , fellas we have to be brave enough to start over, even if it mean more pain in d short to medium term
I pity the fool....

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2011, 11:09:24 AM »
I still remember El Salvador in El Salvador...  :-[

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2011, 11:12:38 AM »
My Hero!! Cmon the only bad thing stern ever do was miss that penalty vs el salvador..

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2011, 11:17:07 AM »

You dont agree that players can develop by playing on the national team in our case ? You think playing in the club system in T&T will prepare them for the likes of teams such as mexico, Usa, costa rica, honduras , jamaica at national level ???
how can a  player develop ? ..by continuing in the national league playing against those he is obviously better than ???
You amaze me if you cant see the benefit of giving exposure to young talent to test themselves against others from different countries, systems etc. That is the reason for us having inexperienced 28 and 30 year olds ..in our national set up. there was a time when players got overseas contracts and you can see the difference in those who had that opportunity ...
let me remind you of the 17 year old dwight Yorke ...both he and Colvin hutchinson went on trial in England ...according to the the report ..there was not much difference in their abilities ...nothing special prompting famous last words from a manchester united great ..." if he makes it in the priemiership I am a monkey's uncle " ..but they opted for the younger player ... Yorke stayed hutchinson came home ...the rest is history. Hutchinson  with similar abilities to yorke drifted away into football oblivion ...while yorke went on to fame and fortune .
Chance given ...chance taken ...opportunity denied ....lack of motivation ...football cemetry .

Both of you are so very correct. I wonder if the TTFF does go through these type of dicussion and back and forth pros and cons when selecting a squad.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline president

• Sr. Warrior
  • ...Walk and don't look back...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2011, 12:46:04 PM »
I wonder if the TTFF does go through these type of dicussion and back and forth pros and cons when selecting a squad.

Nice discussion friends. But let me just say that "The TTFF" does not select any team - the coaches do. How many times did Latapy select Edwards at left back, for example, any most of the public was dis-satisfied with that - including TTFF men, I'm sure. But give the coaches some credit. They do have an internal debate about who to select and who to leave out. Whatever one may think of their ability and/or performance, they DO want to win, after all.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 01:47:02 PM by Tallman »

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2011, 12:49:53 PM »

I wonder if the TTFF does go through these type of dicussion and back and forth pros and cons when selecting a squad.

Nice discussion friends. But let me just say that "The TTFF" does not select any team - the coaches do. How many times did Latapy select Edwards at left back, for example, any most of the public was dis-satisfied with that - including TTFF men, I'm sure. But give the coaches some credit. They do have an internal debate about who to select and who to leave out. Whatever one may think of their ability and/or performance, they DO want to win, after all.

Does not the TTFF have a technical staff? Do they not play an intergral role in advising, providing and assisting the head coach in making a final decision?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 01:47:27 PM by Tallman »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline president

• Sr. Warrior
  • ...Walk and don't look back...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2011, 12:58:42 PM »
Does not the TTFF have a technical staff? Do they not play an intergral role in advising, providing and assisting the head coach in making a final decision?

Of course, but "the TTFF" doesn't mean anything when it comes to selecting a national team. The coach ultimately does that. Does "The FA" or "The USSF" select the team that Capello or Bradley puts out on match day? No. The coach does.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 01:46:02 PM by Tallman »

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2011, 03:41:50 PM »

ah loveit!!

Disagree with this big time. If you give up because you didn't get the opportunity you missing the point of what it means to be a professional and what competition is all about.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2011, 03:56:05 PM »

ah loveit!!

Disagree with this big time. If you give up because you didn't get the opportunity you missing the point of what it means to be a professional and what competition is all about.

I agree with you ..but you know what ..many of them do ! Have you never had to talk to a young person who was ready to give up ? I have had many ...all it takes is a little encouragement for them to give of their best. The converse is sadly also true ...all it takes is a little discouragement for them to give up .

Not every athlete is a brian lara who could keep on making centuries while not being selected to the west Indies team .
Let me go back to the original argument ..Stern is neither the present nor the future of Trinidad football but will always be a great contributor to past teams . I therefore do not see his selection to the present national team scenario as a positive move ...

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2011, 04:06:21 PM »
Stern practice your penalty kicks please  >:( PLEASE! or just dont take it
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2011, 05:26:36 PM »

ah loveit!!

I agree with you ..but you know what ..many of them do ! Have you never had to talk to a young person who was ready to give up ? I have had many ...all it takes is a little encouragement for them to give of their best. The converse is sadly also true ...all it takes is a little discouragement for them to give up .

Not every athlete is a brian lara who could keep on making centuries while not being selected to the west Indies team .
Let me go back to the original argument ..Stern is neither the present nor the future of Trinidad football but will always be a great contributor to past teams . I therefore do not see his selection to the present national team scenario as a positive move ...

I don't think people are saying he is the present or future, but rather if he shows in training that he is better than the young players they're open to idea of making him the present.

When I think about this argument, it reminds me of Arsenal. You can give young players a chance and let them get more experience from an early age, hoping that they develop into top players. Some will turn out like Fabregas and shine, some will turn out like Senderos and flop. But in order to give them the chance, sometimes Arsenal had to let the Vieira's and Henry's move on. Even though they might still have had something to contribute to the team. In the end they've developed some good talent, but at the same time they haven't won anything in a long time.

So to use it as an analogy for Trinidad, we want to give young players experience but we need to balance that with our desire to win games and qualify for the World Cup. And from what we see, our depth of talent is not sufficient enough that we feel it's worth letting a player like Stern go IF he has something to contribute to the team. I don't think the argument here is as much about Stern as it is about the principle of the thing.

And you used Dwight Yorke and Hutchinson as examples, but look at Alex Ferguson and a player like Van der Sar. With the amount of young talent in Man Utd squad its arguably more reasonable for Ferguson to let younger players takeover the reigns. But he still keeps the Scholes, Giggs etc around the team and plays them in the big games because sometimes that experience is what you need to win on the day. Just as Sterns experience MIGHT be what we need to get past a Guatemala or something in a crucial qualifier. 

Point is, if he shows that he can contribute he might be useful. It doesn't mean we don't give young players opportunities. That's what friendlies and squad rotation is about. But if you have a young player who gives up because Stern is around he feels like he hasn't been given a chance, then he probably doesn't have the mental strength to succeed as a footballer. 

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2011, 06:19:17 PM »
The examples you gave are of active players who never stopped playing or were always on the team. not the same is it ? Stern worked his way off the team ..remember ?? and not for the first time .. so your examples should be of players in similar circumstance. this is more like resurrection  rather than  continuation ....and that is  my point ?

we are rebuilding here, or supposed to be , ...is Stern a part of that ? is it for his leadership skills that he is maintained ? why not use the younger kenwyn Jones for that ...and try to focus on the future with young aspiring talent ?

No I cant support a call for Rocky , Star that he was , but like Kwai chang Cane used to say ..." grasshopper it is time for you to leave the kung Fu  temple "  :beermug:

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2011, 06:36:11 PM »
The examples you gave are of active players who never stopped playing or were always on the team. not the same is it ? Stern worked his way off the team ..remember ?? and not for the first time .. so your examples should be of players in similar circumstance. this is more like resurrection  rather than  continuation ....and that is  my point ?

we are rebuilding here, or supposed to be , ...is Stern a part of that ? is it for his leadership skills that he is maintained ? why not use the younger kenwyn Jones for that ...and try to focus on the future with young aspiring talent ?

No I cant support a call for Rocky , Star that he was , but like Kwai chang Cane used to say ..." grasshopper it is time for you to leave the kung Fu  temple "  :beermug:

Lol. I hear you. But Stern hasn't played himself off the team until someone else plays them self onto it. It's not like other players haven't gotten a look. Things rough with our talent pool.

1]; } ?>