April 27, 2024, 11:26:49 PM

Author Topic: Can TnT 4by400m relay Shock the world??  (Read 1201 times)

Offline Paceman123

• Full Warrior
  • The talent to be a great runner is a gift from Go
    • View Profile
Can TnT 4by400m relay Shock the world??
« on: July 19, 2011, 09:46:14 AM »
http://www.iaaf.org/statistics/toplists/inout=o/age=n/season=2011/sex=M/all=n/legal=A/disc=4X4/detail.html
 The Boys are now ranked 4th in the world without the addition of Hewitt ..They gave Bahamas a run with their full strength Squad. USA has not look so dominant in the 400m this yr  but they are the favorites and well Belgium is a nail bite away. It will be the greatest achievement Team wise if they can Upset the world.....

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Can TnT 4by400m relay Shock the world??
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, 04:50:17 PM »
Pace, I will have to disagree with you about BAH being full strength. Chris Brown (fireman) and Demetrius Pinder were not in the squad. To put things in perspective, both have run sub 45 for the season.

However, this result is very significant. If you checked a previous post by myself, there are about 8-10 teams that have a realistic chance of winning a medal. I think this is one of the events where its pretty even. 

BAH
JAM
USA
SA (do not sleep on this team, they will be firing on all cylinders)
TRI
AUS
UK
RUS
BEL (they have actually outperformed T&T in the past 3 years)

Here are some teams that can squeeze into the final if one of the above slip up:

BEL
JAP
GER
NIG
FRA

The following teams can do the same, but need to qualify first:

PR
GRN (will like to see them in a World Champs)

Look out for DL. He is only 18 and is running 46s consistently. DL is No KJ, but he is making excellent progression yearly.

Offline STMB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 02:29:24 PM »
Talking about the 4x400m ranks, what ever happened to Emanuel Mayers?
Last I heard he ran at Miss. State running 49.65 and splitting high 44s in 2010, but not a note this year.
http://www.iaaf.org/athletes/biographies/country=tri/athcode=239110/index.html

If the NAAAs is thinking right they should know they have more than a capable stable to make a run at a possible medal in 2012, and make plans and inquiries to see how best to help the potential top 6-8 4x400m relay prospects.

Offline jusbless

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2011, 04:39:42 AM »
He got injured early in the season and has not run since to date. I am not sure of the extent of his injury

1]; } ?>