April 27, 2024, 07:49:14 PM

Author Topic: T&T to face Haiti in Port-au-Prince on Aug 10  (Read 9402 times)

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: T&T to face Haiti in Port-au-Prince on Aug 10
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2011, 08:41:45 AM »
* T&T to face Haiti in Port-au-Prince on Aug 10

* Pfister to take strong squad to Haiti

I'm optimistic .... if it all comes together, this will arguably be the best squad of players assembled in the Caribbean in the last 5 years.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2011, 09:04:53 AM »
So we find any defenders .......of quality yet?

Offline president

• Sr. Warrior
  • ...Walk and don't look back...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2011, 09:23:13 AM »
By and large, defending is the more difficult than attacking. It isn't natural and has to be learnt. Good defenders have to be developed not found, but good question. We have had a problem for years in this department - particularly at left back but Jlloyd Samuel has stated his intention to return to the team. At centre back we have Julius James (Columbus Crew), youngsters Robert Primus (Aktobe, Kazakhstan) and Daneil Cyrus (TT Under 23 and FC Santa Rosa), Seon Power (Ma Pau). Efforts are also being made to convince Justin Hoyte (Middlesborough) to join the team. Yohance Marshall (Rochester Rhinos) is an outside possibility. Carlos may have to play right back but Power is also a possibility in that position.

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2011, 09:29:33 AM »
By and large, defending is the more difficult than attacking. It isn't natural and has to be learnt. Good defenders have to be developed not found, but good question. We have had a problem for years in this department - particularly at left back but Jlloyd Samuel has stated his intention to return to the team. At centre back we have Julius James (Columbus Crew), youngsters Robert Primus (Aktobe, Kazakhstan) and Daneil Cyrus (TT Under 23 and FC Santa Rosa), Seon Power (Ma Pau). Efforts are also being made to convince Justin Hoyte (Middlesborough) to join the team. Yohance Marshall (Rochester Rhinos) is an outside possibility. Carlos may have to play right back but Power is also a possibility in that position.

Dont think attacking players will agree with you on this one ...

Offline president

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2011, 09:31:16 AM »
Whether they agree or not pal. The first thing any little boy wants to do is score...not prevent you from scoring...

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2011, 09:37:33 AM »
Dont want to derail the thread, but the topic is certainly worth debating...

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2011, 10:03:19 AM »

In case yuh eh realize this is a national team...so I don't know where you're coming with defending is more difficult as it isn't natural....maybe you could use that excuse for your U-14 rec team

Offline president

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2011, 10:12:19 AM »
Believe me I know better than you realize that we are talking about a national team friend...

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2011, 12:30:04 PM »
Believe me I know better than you realize that we are talking about a national team friend...
so with that said you don't develop players at the national level

Offline president

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2011, 12:40:15 PM »
If THAT is what you understand from my response to a minor comment on my original point I can't help you. Sorry...

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2011, 01:28:44 PM »
I disagree..however, I think at the National team level, improper individual and ultimately team selection, would lead to exposure of weakness in team structure, which would lead to results, which could be easily although incorrectly blamed on what might be perceived to be weak defensive individuals...Football is a team sport, irregardless of how great any individual is, his/her team could be the worst in the world...thus the coach, the manager, the selectors and even the fans are all part of the team...the higher the level of the game, the more critical the cohesion and ability of each individual part...as we do not live in a perfect world, in some cases a extremely strong part may be able to carry the burden of weaker parts, however, at the highest levels, the weakest links will be eventually exposed , to the detriment of the whole team, reflected in the final result...and in football , in many cases, even sometimes, the better team loses. Maybe, that's what ultimately make this game so fun....the best defenders (or attackers) in the world, does not translate into National team success..but a correct balance, that at the national level has to be selected, the development & training must come pre-national selection....just my opinion

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2011, 01:44:26 PM »
Add(sorry iPad post) : Familiarity of the level to be achieved, the timeframe involved, and the ingredients in hand, would determine what missing ingredients are necessary to be obtained or developed, that the recipe for successful achievement of results can be followed...like a cake, one may see what it looks like, know what it is made off, and even, if every household follows the same recipe, it may come out different, some better than some....it is however those who, keep trying, slightly adjusting, slightly changing the combinations, striving for excellence, and learning, would consistently produce the best treat...doh mean they won't miss now and then..

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2011, 05:48:37 PM »
Like somebody cyar read a Atlas or wha...since when Haiti in Central America  ::)

Good lil test...I sorry we cyar see the game.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2011, 05:54:57 PM »
Hope we eh take it easy on them because is ah reddeication of the stadium. With Stern, Scotty, Carlos, and the other we should be able to put on ah nice lil display.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 03, 2011, 06:14:42 PM »
"By and large, defending is the more difficult than attacking. It isn't natural and has to be learnt." 

Sorry, Mr President, I don't agree. Yes, players want to score, but once you take 10 year olds (or younger, overseas) into a team game, most find it naturally easy to play the way they face, i.e forwards. Hence, defenders launch the ball forward for strikers to chase. The development comes in teaching defenders to play the way they face and strikers to play with their back to goal. I don't believe that coaching players to defend is harder than coaching players to attack. IMO, the hardest position to coach is a decent defensive midfielder who can break down attacks and begin attacking moves a la Makelele.

And before you ask, I spent a good part of last season helping to re train a striker who played overseas into a wing back who Pfister is now looking at.

Also, please enlighten us about this statement..."Believe me I know better than you realize that we are talking about a national team friend..."

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 03, 2011, 06:21:13 PM »
"By and large, defending is the more difficult than attacking. It isn't natural and has to be learnt." 

Sorry, Mr President, I don't agree. Yes, players want to score, but once you take 10 year olds (or younger, overseas) into a team game, most find it naturally easy to play the way they face, i.e forwards. Hence, defenders launch the ball forward for strikers to chase. The development comes in teaching defenders to play the way they face and strikers to play with their back to goal. I don't believe that coaching players to defend is harder than coaching players to attack. IMO, the hardest position to coach is a decent defensive midfielder who can break down attacks and begin attacking moves a la Makelele.

And before you ask, I spent a good part of last season helping to re train a striker who played overseas into a wing back who Pfister is now looking at.

Also, please enlighten us about this statement..."Believe me I know better than you realize that we are talking about a national team friend..."

Daiz KJ or what?    ;D
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 03, 2011, 06:31:16 PM »

Daiz KJ or what?    ;D

LOL, nah man. That was a defender retrained as a striker!!

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 03, 2011, 07:04:19 PM »
Leave president with that ole talk... from the time he come with reasoning about all little boys want to score, I done the talk one time. :devil: :devil:

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 03, 2011, 07:46:43 PM »
Hope seon power never gets selected to play for us again. that fella eh ready for international football, him aklie and makkan.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 03, 2011, 09:39:28 PM »

Daiz KJ or what?    ;D

LOL, nah man. That was a defender retrained as a striker!!
Sound more like Carlos lol

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 04, 2011, 12:23:16 PM »
We geh ah game....daiz wuh we talking bout....Haiti in Haiti any day is a good match!
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #51 on: July 04, 2011, 12:37:31 PM »
good match and test for the team in prep, i want to see the squad selected by pfister

Offline Small Change

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 04, 2011, 10:23:53 PM »
We in a MESS! Haiti?? Stwps. Is that the best we can do? There is NO way we are going to beat Mexico, USA, Costa Rica or Honduras? We in a MESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 04, 2011, 10:44:42 PM »
We in a MESS! Haiti?? Stwps. Is that the best we can do? There is NO way we are going to beat Mexico, USA, Costa Rica or Honduras? We in a MESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No there isn't... because guess what smarty, those teams aren't interested in playing us right now.

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 05, 2011, 04:30:38 AM »
if it all comes together, this will arguably be the best squad of players assembled in the Caribbean in the last 5 years.

What exactly do you mean by that? Do you mean the strongest side put together by a caribbean nation in the past 5 years? Aside from Jones, who else in contention for selection?

Its a FIFA date, but quite frankly, the English leagues would have restarted by then, and teams will be jostling for positions early...Dont be surprised if key players chooses to stay with their clubs instead of making a 9 hr flight back to the caribbean to face Haiti.

Jamaica will be travelling to the Far East for a game that same day vs China in Shangai...minus players from the English leagues.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 04:41:07 AM by reggae-fan »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 05, 2011, 07:49:50 AM »
if it all comes together, this will arguably be the best squad of players assembled in the Caribbean in the last 5 years.

What exactly do you mean by that? Do you mean the strongest side put together by a caribbean nation in the past 5 years? Aside from Jones, who else in contention for selection?

Its a FIFA date, but quite frankly, the English leagues would have restarted by then, and teams will be jostling for positions early...Dont be surprised if key players chooses to stay with their clubs instead of making a 9 hr flight back to the caribbean to face Haiti.

Jamaica will be travelling to the Far East for a game that same day vs China in Shangai...minus players from the English leagues.
Well good for you.   :talktothehand:
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 11, 2011, 07:13:48 PM »
Like somebody cyar read a Atlas or wha...since when Haiti in Central America  ::)

Think somebody cyar read period...

Folllowing the usual rule of thumb, when we announce european african, asian or south american opponents we end up with central american. When we announce central american opposition, we end up with caribbean opposition. So by my calculations, we should be playing a college 11 in Miami on the 10th August...
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 07:15:51 PM by Midknight »
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Toussaint

• Hero Warrior
  • ...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.
    • View Profile
    • Haiti Spors
Haiti v. Trinidad - A warm welcome to the warriors.
« Reply #57 on: July 15, 2011, 07:02:36 AM »
ANNOUNCEMENT:

The FHF invites the Haitian public to offer a warm welcome to the "Soca Warriors" who show us their friendship by accepting this invitation for the first international match to play in Haiti for many years.

For this occasion, the two federations of FHF and the TTFF have decided to show up with their best available players.

Full Note in French:

Note De FHF

La Fédération Haïtienne de Football a l'avantage d'annoncer qu'avec le concours de la DIGICEL et de plusieurs autres sponsors internationaux elle organise un grand match amical international le mercredi 10 Aout 2011, journée internationale FIFA au stade Sylvio Cator contre son historique et excitant challenger TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO

Bien que les travaux du stade en cours actuellement ne seront pas achevés avant septembre-octobre mais tenant compte de l'urgente nécessité de bien préparer l'entrée d'Haïti dans les éliminatoires de la coupe du monde BRESIL 2014 la FHF a fait l'effort d'inviter l'une des meilleures équipes de la Caraïbe à se produire en Haïti pour relancer la fièvre et la passion du football international.

Pour la circonstance les deux Fédérations la FHF et la TTFF ont décidé de présenter leurs meilleurs joueurs disponibles  à cette date.

L'Entraineur National EDSON TAVARES a décidé, vu qu'Il s'agit du dernier match de répétition FIFA avant la Coupe du monde qui commence pour nous le 2 septembre, de faire appel , à coté des joueurs évoluant dans la Ligue DIGICEL en Haïti, tous les professionnels internationaux expatriés disponibles dans le but de construire une forte sélection nationale.

La FHF remercie d'abord le Président de la République SE Michel Martelly de s'être impliqué directement dans le processus de récupération des espaces du Stade Sylvio Cator ce qui a permis d'avancer dans la poursuite des travaux de rénovation et surtout de l'intérêt public qu'il a manifesté à l'endroit du football pour l'assister financièrement à mener ses programmes de développement de football; ces sentiments de gratitude vont aussi à l'endroit de notre sponsor DIGICEL et aussi des nombreux partenaires qui ont manifesté la volonté d'être à nos côtés dans cette quête de maintenir notre football conquérant malgré un environnement peu propice.

Cette rencontre Haïti Vs Trinidad and Tobago est aussi le témoignage de la détermination de la FHF à faire tout ce qui est possible pour que les efforts de la famille du football en Haïti contribuent effectivement à maintenir le sport roi en Haïti a des sommets qu'Ill n'a jamais connus.

La FHF a décidé de faire appel à beaucoup de personnalités de divers horizons pour constituer un Comité d'organisation BRESIL-2014 chargé de conduire avec ses structures la campagne pour une qualification au Mondial du Brésil

L'équipe de Trinidad and Tobago organise un camp d'entrainement en Floride et arrive en Haïti le 9 Aout.

La FHF d'ores et déjà invite le public haïtien à offrir un accueil chaleureux aux "Socca Warriors" qui nous manifestent leurs amitiés en acceptant cette invitation pour le 1er match international à se disputer en Haïti depuis plusieurs années.

Grenadiers à l'assaut!
...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Haiti v. Trinidad - A warm welcome to the warriors.
« Reply #58 on: July 15, 2011, 08:10:33 AM »
ANNOUNCEMENT:

The FHF invites the Haitian public to offer a warm welcome to the "Soca Warriors" who show us their friendship by accepting this invitation for the first international match to play in Haiti for many years.

For this occasion, the two federations of FHF and the TTFF have decided to show up with their best available players.

Full Note in French:

Note De FHF

La Fédération Haïtienne de Football a l'avantage d'annoncer qu'avec le concours de la DIGICEL et de plusieurs autres sponsors internationaux elle organise un grand match amical international le mercredi 10 Aout 2011, journée internationale FIFA au stade Sylvio Cator contre son historique et excitant challenger TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO

Bien que les travaux du stade en cours actuellement ne seront pas achevés avant septembre-octobre mais tenant compte de l'urgente nécessité de bien préparer l'entrée d'Haïti dans les éliminatoires de la coupe du monde BRESIL 2014 la FHF a fait l'effort d'inviter l'une des meilleures équipes de la Caraïbe à se produire en Haïti pour relancer la fièvre et la passion du football international.

Pour la circonstance les deux Fédérations la FHF et la TTFF ont décidé de présenter leurs meilleurs joueurs disponibles  à cette date.

L'Entraineur National EDSON TAVARES a décidé, vu qu'Il s'agit du dernier match de répétition FIFA avant la Coupe du monde qui commence pour nous le 2 septembre, de faire appel , à coté des joueurs évoluant dans la Ligue DIGICEL en Haïti, tous les professionnels internationaux expatriés disponibles dans le but de construire une forte sélection nationale.

La FHF remercie d'abord le Président de la République SE Michel Martelly de s'être impliqué directement dans le processus de récupération des espaces du Stade Sylvio Cator ce qui a permis d'avancer dans la poursuite des travaux de rénovation et surtout de l'intérêt public qu'il a manifesté à l'endroit du football pour l'assister financièrement à mener ses programmes de développement de football; ces sentiments de gratitude vont aussi à l'endroit de notre sponsor DIGICEL et aussi des nombreux partenaires qui ont manifesté la volonté d'être à nos côtés dans cette quête de maintenir notre football conquérant malgré un environnement peu propice.

Cette rencontre Haïti Vs Trinidad and Tobago est aussi le témoignage de la détermination de la FHF à faire tout ce qui est possible pour que les efforts de la famille du football en Haïti contribuent effectivement à maintenir le sport roi en Haïti a des sommets qu'Ill n'a jamais connus.

La FHF a décidé de faire appel à beaucoup de personnalités de divers horizons pour constituer un Comité d'organisation BRESIL-2014 chargé de conduire avec ses structures la campagne pour une qualification au Mondial du Brésil

L'équipe de Trinidad and Tobago organise un camp d'entrainement en Floride et arrive en Haïti le 9 Aout.

La FHF d'ores et déjà invite le public haïtien à offrir un accueil chaleureux aux "Socca Warriors" qui nous manifestent leurs amitiés en acceptant cette invitation pour le 1er match international à se disputer en Haïti depuis plusieurs années.

Grenadiers à l'assaut!

Thanks Toussaint glad 2 hear from yuh even it is mainly in French. Nuff bright peeps somebody translate 4 we nah.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 15, 2011, 08:16:42 AM »
ah tink only Toussaint and Midnight could handle all dem setta green verb on dat paper
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

1]; } ?>