March 28, 2024, 11:05:44 AM

Author Topic: Red Bull Flutag - T&T Live  (Read 2960 times)

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
Re: Red Bull Flutag - T&T Live
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2011, 03:27:04 PM »
well i left home (morvant) seven o clock, reach west mall at 11:30. at that point we say f**k it. we turn arong and went an take een Transformers. wicked movie i might add

police were no where on the roads directing traffic and from what i heard, they closed off the street goin into chaguraramas at one o clock cuz down there was already saturated with cars and ppl

rumour also is ppl got shot as well. not sure how true that is
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2011, 07:27:32 PM »
Boat carrying 15 overturned. Coast Guard rescued 14. Still looking for 1.  <----ah want to know how much had on  life jackets.

4 got shot in Carenage.

People who decided to walk to Chaguaramas were robbed of monies and jewellery.

Usual small fight.

Like how dey neck you could have a function of this magnitude during ah St Peter's Day down Carenage?
Who does really think up these things? Chaguaramas the only place in Trinidad that is a one way in.....one way out. But yet still holds the biggest events.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2011, 07:31:34 PM »
well i left home (morvant) seven o clock, reach west mall at 11:30. at that point we say f**k it. we turn arong and went an take een Transformers. wicked movie i might add

You riding bicycle or what??

lol

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2011, 08:58:57 AM »
Boat carrying 15 overturned. Coast Guard rescued 14. Still looking for 1.  <----ah want to know how much had on  life jackets.

4 got shot in Carenage.

People who decided to walk to Chaguaramas were robbed of monies and jewellery.

Usual small fight.

Like how dey neck you could have a function of this magnitude during ah St Peter's Day down Carenage?
Who does really think up these things? Chaguaramas the only place in Trinidad that is a one way in.....one way out. But yet still holds the biggest events.

When u look up Banana Republic a pic of TNT does show up. Any regular sun evening it does b pressure 2 get out of Carenage. We have baptism sunday and we know it gobe pressure as normal. But these jokers have these 2 big events on d same day and people shock.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2011, 09:18:51 AM »
Like a few people mentioned this is not the first time events in the peninsula has caused this kind of mayhem. It has happened on numerous occasions. What is the excuse? One way in one way out? No excuse sah. None. Ever since the 1970 insurrection when the soldiers could not get out of Chag, this has been a known factor. And the same movie been playing again and again, and they come up with the same excuse.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2011, 11:19:38 AM »
Like a few people mentioned this is not the first time events in the peninsula has caused this kind of mayhem. It has happened on numerous occasions. What is the excuse? One way in one way out? No excuse sah. None. Ever since the 1970 insurrection when the soldiers could not get out of Chag, this has been a known factor. And the same movie been playing again and again, and they come up with the same excuse.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Again!! wey jack?
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2011, 06:49:02 PM »
A view on the traffic situation caused by the Flugtag, btw have those shooting reports been confirmed? Snady them saying no..

http://pedrotercero.wordpress.com/2011/07/04/short-english-red-bull-makes-you-stupid/

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2011, 07:00:32 PM »

You riding bicycle or what??

lol

well boy, d better ting was to ride a bike oui. we wuda reach
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2011, 09:32:02 PM »

Poor organization... dem was supposed to rent out de Movie Town lot and shuttle people into/out of Chaguaramas.  Residents could have been given notice so that they could walk with they ID, or a bill showing them as living inside Chaguaramas, allowing police to permit them entry.  Even if they had to charge some nominal fee... say $$10/$20 a car, to help offset the cost of rental and maybe security... that woulda been better.

Say what... was the first time, leh we see if there IS a second time if they would have learned their lesson.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2011, 05:56:33 AM »
Mom agonises over drowned son at Flugtag

www.guardian.co.tt

Denise Quamina said she looked on helplessly as her 14-year-old son Nicholas Simmons disappeared underwater after a pirogue sank at Dhein’s Bay, Chaguaramas, on Sunday. Yesterday the anguished mother said she would never be able to erase that image from her mind. “I saw him go down. I never got to speak to him,” she said. Simmons, who could not swim, was unable to stay afloat after the mishap which occured during Sunday’s Redbull Flugtag event. He was among six members of a close-knit Princes Town family who took a ride on the pirogue to get to the event. Quamina said she, her husband, Lenny, daughter, Jamie Lee Belgrave, Belgrave’s husband and their three-year-old son, were rescued after the overloaded fishing pirogue, which was carrying about 15 passengers, sank a short distance from Williams Bay. She said Simmons, who could not swim, held on to the bow of the boat and sank with it.

She said: “He was a silent and quiet child. He did not talk very much. Out of fright he held on to the boat while everyone else was screaming and grabbing and pulling and snatching something to survive. It was chaotic out there. “I saw him holding on to the boat and the boat was going down, going down. He came up for a while, but I went down and when I came up I saw him go down for the last time. That was it. I never got to speak to him. “I feel grief, a great loss. He was a gem of a child. He just started to live his life. Who can compensate me for my loss?” she asked. Simmons was a Form One student of Cowen Hamilton High School. Speaking about the accident, Quamina said: “There must be some legislation for people who operate those boats. They should have lifejackets and protective gear when they are carrying passengers.”

The distraught mother also criticised the organisers of the event, saying they should have anticipated the traffic gridlock and made proper arrangements with boat owners to transport passengers. She added: “The organisers could have spoken to the boat owners who wanted to work on that day and make some money. “Tell them let’s give you a licence for the day, ensure that you had the necessary life equipment on board. “The Coast Guard should also have been patrolling the waters, because lots of people were transporting passengers on that day,” she said. Coast Guard officers  up to late yesterday were continuing their search for Simmons and another young man, Dimitri John, 22. Public relations officer of the Coast Guard, Lt Kirk Jean-Baptiste, said yesterday efforts would continue late into the night until the two were found. He said rescuers were using several interceptors, dive teams and a Special Anti-crime Unit of T&T (SAUTT) helicopter in an attempt to find the two who went missing on Sunday afternoon. The two were among a group who boarded a fishing pirogue near Schuller Street, Carenage, in an attempt to beat the traffic on the road to the event.

A short distance away from the event at Williams Bay, the boat began taking on water and eventually sank. The passengers remained in the water until they were rescued by Coast Guard officers. However, Simmons and John were not found. A six-year-old girl, who was also on the pirogue, was injured. Investigators told the T&T Guardian the pirogue was overloaded and was not equipped with life vests or safety devices for passengers. Police said the owner of the vessel was interviewed after the incident and other eye-witnesses would be interviewed today. In another incident, at around 11 am yesterday the body of Steven Singh, 19, of Enterprise, Chaguanas, was recovered at Williams Bay. Singh disappeared while swimming with a friend early Sunday morning. He had been camping with friends at the Red Bull Flugtag venue in anticipation of the event which began at 10.30 am on Sunday. Investigations are continuing.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2011, 10:32:36 AM »
Sorry to be harsh....but as usual..is everybody else fault.

Is de organizers fault.  Dey shoulda license de boat men.  As if dey have dat power.

Is de boatmen fault.  How dey could overload de boat and not have lifejackets to boot?

Is de government fault.  How dey could allow dese boatmen to operate without a license?  Where is the legislation?

Is de Coast Guard fault.  Dem have nutting else to do but babysit people who decide fetein more important than safety.  Ah mean...who supposed to save we from weself?

Above all...who goin to compensate me for the loss of my child?

Not a peep about the fact that MAYBE....JUST MAYBE....ah shoulda think about the fact that de pirogue look overcrowded AND it eh have no life jacket before ah did get een.  But nah....fete goin on.....I eh have dem ting to study

Check yuhself Mrs. Quamina.  Ah know it tough and it go be sumting you and yuh family will have to live with for the rest of your life.  Hopefully Nicholas' death would not have been in vain and there IS some legislation requiring boat operators to be licensed and have safety equipment etc.  Maybe fete promoters need to have some sort of certification before putting on events. 

Very sad....especially for Nicholas.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2011, 11:08:35 AM »
Sorry to be harsh....but as usual..is everybody else fault.

Is de organizers fault.  Dey shoulda license de boat men.  As if dey have dat power.

Is de boatmen fault.  How dey could overload de boat and not have lifejackets to boot?

Is de government fault.  How dey could allow dese boatmen to operate without a license?  Where is the legislation?

Is de Coast Guard fault.  Dem have nutting else to do but babysit people who decide fetein more important than safety.  Ah mean...who supposed to save we from weself?

Above all...who goin to compensate me for the loss of my child?

Not a peep about the fact that MAYBE....JUST MAYBE....ah shoulda think about the fact that de pirogue look overcrowded AND it eh have no life jacket before ah did get een.  But nah....fete goin on.....I eh have dem ting to study

Check yuhself Mrs. Quamina.  Ah know it tough and it go be sumting you and yuh family will have to live with for the rest of your life.  Hopefully Nicholas' death would not have been in vain and there IS some legislation requiring boat operators to be licensed and have safety equipment etc.  Maybe fete promoters need to have some sort of certification before putting on events. 

Very sad....especially for Nicholas.

Yuh not harsh as I heard d other day while listening 2 cricket ( tings slow in d office these days). The truth might not always be popular but it is d truth. She put d child at risk and she has 2 suffer d consequences.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2011, 01:26:46 PM »

Poor organization... dem was supposed to rent out de Movie Town lot and shuttle people into/out of Chaguaramas.  Residents could have been given notice so that they could walk with they ID, or a bill showing them as living inside Chaguaramas, allowing police to permit them entry.  Even if they had to charge some nominal fee... say $$10/$20 a car, to help offset the cost of rental and maybe security... that woulda been better.

Say what... was the first time, leh we see if there IS a second time if they would have learned their lesson.

I doubt there was any more they could do with that event on that particular date. The MovieTowne lot woulda been a drop in the ocean. Many residents to not have idea, nor should they have been expected to carry any. And any resident of Carenage knows that traffic is bad on a normal St Peters Day, let alone wid dis ting.

Realistically the only solution might have been to make it a ticketed event...like any other Carnival Friday fete.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2011, 01:48:14 PM »
I doubt there was any more they could do with that event on that particular date. The MovieTowne lot woulda been a drop in the ocean. Many residents to not have idea, nor should they have been expected to carry any. And any resident of Carenage knows that traffic is bad on a normal St Peters Day, let alone wid dis ting.

Realistically the only solution might have been to make it a ticketed event...like any other Carnival Friday fete.

Whether Movie Towne lot was the solution or not is beyond the point... I offer it only as a suggestion.  It being a Sunday there should have been plenty remote parking options other than allowing people to drive their vehicles into Westmoorings, Carenage, Chaguaramas.  Is Ultimate Events we talking about... aka Tribe.  Them pockets deep enough and they experienced enough as to have organized this much better.

As far as residents with ID, I was referring specifically to drivers... everybody have or should have a driver's license that could show where they living.  If the address different then have people (including non-driving travelers) walk with a light bill or something... leave the road open only to residents, taxis and public transport.  Give enough notice so that people eh getting ketch unawares

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2011, 05:56:35 AM »

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2011, 07:06:25 PM »
Thanks Tallman!
I could now see why some folks were prepared to die in the effort to try to get to this event!  8)
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

1]; } ?>