April 29, 2024, 08:50:22 AM

Author Topic: COP elections 2011  (Read 1109 times)

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
COP elections 2011
« on: July 03, 2011, 08:26:43 PM »
Prakash Ramadar is the new COP leader
CNewslive

Prakash Ramadhar is the new Political Leader of the Congress of the People.

Over 30,000 members voted in Sunday's election and reports coming from COP Headquarters say Mr Ramadhar won by a landslide.

Anil Roberts, one of his three opponents conceded defeat at around 5:30pm.

Mr Ramadhar spoke to C News shortly after his victory and promised to continue working for the people.

He said, "I have always seen leadership of the COP as nothing to celebrate as much as it is a burden that is a duty to our people. We have done that from 2006 onwards and today, now that I have been chosen as leader of the Congress of the People, it is an enormous responsibility that has been placed on our shoulders. To make sure we do everything in our power to live up to the expectations of our people. So I am happy for the opportunity and I am humbled by the occasion. Rest assured that we will continue to work, to build, to strengthen and to always make this country proud." 

Earlier in the day, Mr Ramadhar along with contenders Nalini Dial, Vernon De Lima, and Anil Roberts all stained their fingers to vie for the top spot in the leadership race.

A month ago, Ms Dial did not exist in the political landscape. After weeks of going toe to toe with her male counterparts in an election that at times got very heated, she expressed happiness that the race was at an end.

She said, "I am happy it is over and the best person will win. I have confidence in the true COP members who will be voting for change and new politics. Whoever wins, we must continue to strengthen and build the party because I truly believe that it is only through the COP that citizens can get good governance."

Vernon De Lima reflected on the last six weeks saying at times, things got too heated with the political mudslinging but he admitted that it is part of the local political scene and he does not even remember every word that he threw or what was thrown at him.

Mr De Lima said, "When you are up on the platform and people are asking you questions as opposed to the other man, sometimes you say things that afterwards you regret."

The frontrunner and eventual winner in the COP race, Prakash Ramadar, said most of the jabs were for him but he has left that aside and will keep working as hard as he always had.
"I will continue. My heart is in this. I have dedicated my entire life to the country and will continue to work."

Mr Roberts expressed some level of disappointment over the traffic caused by the Red Bull Flugtag crowd which marooned voters in the west of MovieTowne.

Mr Roberts said, "The people in Carenage especially, because they have to come out. There is no polling station in Carenage so they have to come out of Diamond Vale and the numbers are very low. The people are having some problems in exercising their franchise."

Though the candidates all expressed confidence of their victory tonight, they said that come tomorrow, they are still COP members.

« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 08:30:11 PM by elan »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
Re: COP elections 2011
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2011, 08:42:57 PM »
jus concede nah anil, why trinis like to make these dotish excuses when ting doh go dey way.........it childish an does real show yuh up as ah ass.....how he know all d carenage voters was going an vote for he ::)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 09:23:23 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2011, 09:21:57 PM »
Anil is a idiot. Maco everybody business instead of doing he job. D Idiot mash up d track in HCS. fete nice
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2011, 04:36:09 AM »
political graveyard for anil now, or he might try to mash up COP now.
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2011, 08:15:00 AM »
political graveyard for anil now, or he might try to mash up COP now.

Mash up
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2011, 05:11:35 PM »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2011, 05:17:00 PM »
Little write up on the COP elections:
http://pedrotercero.wordpress.com/2011/07/04/short-english-a-good-elections-for-cop/

Good points... while I never really considered myself a COP supporter I was optimistic that they... and specifically Dookeran... would help keep the UNC in check.  Suffice to say Dookeran acquiesced while the others seemingly assimilated.  The blog correctly states that the only ones who voiced any opposition to the UNC were those who were of little significance in the scheme of potentates.  I think Ramadhar was the best choice... and following from afar, seemed to run the best campaign.  Now let's see if any of that amounts to anything for the remaining 4 years that we're saddled with the PP government.

truetrini

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2011, 08:59:51 PM »
De Lima seemed the best choice to me, Prakash is a UNC already..Party dead.

1]; } ?>