April 29, 2024, 12:31:13 AM

Author Topic: Casey Anthony  (Read 1882 times)

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Casey Anthony
« on: July 05, 2011, 12:47:52 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Casey Anthony
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2011, 01:41:27 PM »
OJ will finally get a rest
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2011, 03:37:04 PM »
Until this afternoon I had never heard of this woman...then all of a sudden this afternoon every american changed their facebook status.....

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2011, 04:14:37 PM »
Until this afternoon I had never heard of this woman...then all of a sudden this afternoon every american changed their facebook status.....

ent lol...

I remember the case from years ago but it fell off my radar.  I think everyone is shocked by the verdict, but it seems the shock is more emotional than rational, as there clear evidence that the Casey is not the most upstanding individual, to put it kindly - she clearly established herself as a public villain...but as far as being able to prove beyond reasonable doubt that she did kill her daughter, I think the prosecution fell short. 

The length time the girl went missing killed their case.  By the time she was found, the decomposition of her body made it impossible to determine a conclusive cause of death.  Reminds me of a book I'm reading called Homicide by David Simon...it stresses that in homicides, time if of the essence for investigators.  The defense was also successful in it's use of distraction tactics engendering sympathy from the jurors, for the victim bringing into the case all sorts of "irrelevance" about child abuse and dysfunction in the family...

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2011, 04:23:59 PM »
... bringing into the case all sorts of "irrelevance" about child abuse and dysfunction in the family...

'Relevance' is in the eye of the beholder... and clearly the court allow it, which means it was indeed relevant.  Not that I don't understand your point, but the purpose about raising all that dysfunction talk was to show that any of them could have been the ones to kill her.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2011, 05:54:27 PM »
... bringing into the case all sorts of "irrelevance" about child abuse and dysfunction in the family...

'Relevance' is in the eye of the beholder... and clearly the court allow it, which means it was indeed relevant.  Not that I don't understand your point, but the purpose about raising all that dysfunction talk was to show that any of them could have been the ones to kill her.

Yeah agreed...that's why I put in in quotes....

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2011, 07:51:00 PM »
sad. what annoyed me most is the smirk on that defense attorney's face and the fact that the team along with casey were skinnin and grinnin after the verdict was read.

no remorse, no thought for that young life that was snuffed out.

sometimes life eh fair nah
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2011, 10:03:15 PM »
sad. what annoyed me most is the smirk on that defense attorney's face and the fact that the team along with casey were skinnin and grinnin after the verdict was read.

Like ah bauce

« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 04:15:46 AM by FF »
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2011, 10:51:35 PM »
Reminds me of a book I'm reading called Homicide by David Simon...it stresses that in homicides, time if of the essence for investigators.

that's the dude that brought us The Wire. great series.

truetrini

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2011, 08:24:46 AM »

so yuh expect them to cry?  They won, their client got off, as far as they are concerned they did their job and WON!   They saved their client, their job boss.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2011, 11:40:21 AM »

Leno said the OJ jury retired 2 Florida and they were called 2 serve again.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 11:42:26 AM by weary1969 »
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2011, 01:18:53 PM »

Leno said the OJ jury retired 2 Florida and they were called 2 serve again.
:rotfl:

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2011, 02:57:02 PM »

Like ah bauce

[/quote]
 :D...
sadis struttin dey like he goin and run some hoes this evenin self
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2011, 07:57:28 AM »
ah wonder if they go hunt she like they hunt OJ til he was schupid enuff to get lock up?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2011, 08:02:50 AM »
breaking news
ORLANDO — Casey Anthony was sentenced to four years in jail on Thursday, two days after she was found guilty of lying to police but found not guilty of murdering her 2-year-old daughter.
MSNBC

Casey Anthony sentenced to 4 years in jail
Anthony found guilty of lying to police but not guilty of murdering her 2-year-old daughter

Anthony, 25, was found guilty of four counts of lying to investigators and sentenced to a year in prison for each count. She was also fined $1,000 on each count.

Judge Belvin Perry said he would discuss with her lawyers when she could be released given the time she already has served.

Earlier, her attorney, Jose Baez, told ABC News he would argue that Anthony should be sentenced to time served — she's been behind bars for nearly three years — and released.

"If you look at the time that she's done, it's quite significant," said Baez.

Given the high emotions surrounding the case, Baez said he's concerned for his client's safety when she is released.

"I am afraid for her," he told ABC's Barbara Walters.

A

Police were at the Anthony family's home on Wednesday, one day after the verdict, NBC reported. Authorities would not release details about the threats, but George and Cindy Anthony’s attorney, Mark Lippman, addressed them on TODAY.

Get the latest Casey Anthony updates at breakingnews.com

"Some of them are potentially valid; most of them are from people emailing their feelings and just saying, you know, 'I hope you’re all dead,'" he said. "If it’s coming from Nebraska, I don’t consider it a major-level threat, but if it’s from somebody who’s in Orlando, obviously we have to have more concern."

What happens next?
Authorities in Florida are being mostly quiet about what might take place should Anthony be released for time served. There are obvious complications with her returning to her parents' home, where she lived before she was jailed, given the stinging accusations her attorneys leveled against them during the trial.

"Due to the high-profile nature of this case and intense, emotional interest by the public, appropriate measures will be taken to release the individual into the community in such a manner so as to preserve the safety of the individual and the public," Orange County Corrections Department spokesman Allen Moore said.

Anthony juror: 'Sick to our stomach' over verdict Story: Former fiance: Anthony family a ‘carnival of dysfunctionality’
What could the future hold for Anthony when she gets out of jail, which doesn't seem likely until later this month or early August?

•She may have to get out of town. Threats have been made against her, and online she is being vilified. More than 17,000 people "liked" the "I hate Casey Anthony" page on Facebook, which included comments wishing her the same fate that befell little Caylee. Ti McCleod, who lives a few doors from Anthony's parents, said: "Society is a danger to Casey; she's not a danger to society."
•Her family has been fractured by her attorneys' unproved claims that Anthony's father and brother molested her and the contention that her father participated in a cover-up of Caylee's death. On Tuesday, Anthony's parents rose from their seats without emotion upon hearing the verdict and left the courtroom ahead of everyone else. Their attorney said they haven't spoken with their daughter since the verdict, and he wouldn't say whether they believed she was guilty.
•Anthony is a high school dropout who, before her arrest at 22, had limited work experience. Her last job was in 2006 as a vendor at Universal Studios theme park. While she once professed an interest in photography, and even found some work in the field, it's not known whether she has skills that could translate into a career.
•In a 2010 jailhouse letter to a friend, Anthony said she would like to adopt a child from Ireland "accent and all."
Counseling?
Baez told Walters he hoped his client would seek counseling help upon her release.

"I think Casey is an extremely intelligent, warmhearted individual," Baez said. "I think the biggest thing about Casey is that she's very misunderstood by many people."

Prosecutors claimed Anthony suffocated Caylee with duct tape because she wanted to be free to party and be with her boyfriend. Defense attorneys argued that the little girl accidentally drowned in the family swimming pool and Anthony panicked and hid the body because of the effects of being sexually abused by her father.

The prosecutor in the case, Jeff Ashton, told TODAY on Wednesday that the verdict left him and other prosecutors in shock. "I think I mouthed the word 'wow' about five times," said Ashton, who is retiring Friday. A spokesman said the retirement had been planned for some time.

.Ashton said that he believes jurors applied the law as they understood it. "Beyond a reasonable doubt is a high standard," he said.

Jurors declined to talk with reporters immediately after Tuesday's verdict, and juror Jennifer Ford told ABC News in an interview that it was because "we were sick to our stomach to get that verdict."

"We were crying and not just the women," Ford said in an interview posted on the network's website Wednesday night. "It was emotional and we weren't ready."

Casey Anthony verdict fails to crush the Internet
Ford, a 32-year-old nursing student, said the case was a troubling one.

"I did not say she was innocent," Ford told the network. "I just said there was not enough evidence. If you cannot prove what the crime was, you cannot determine what the punishment should be."

The prosecution didn't paint a clear enough picture of what happened to Caylee, Ford argued in a portion of the interview broadcast Wednesday night.

"I have no idea what happened to that child," Ford said.

Ford acknowledged that Anthony's behavior, including not reporting her daughter missing for about a month and partying during that time, "looks very bad ... but bad behavior is not enough to prove a crime."

"I feel she had something to do with it," Ford said of Anthony. "I don't believe it's fair to speculate."

Asked about the anger directed at jurors following the verdict, Ford said: "My reaction is, why be mad at me? The prosecution had to prove it. Why is it my fault if they didn't prove their case? If you give me the evidence, I'm happy to return a verdict accordingly."

Ford said the fact that Anthony could have faced the death penalty was a consideration.

"If they want to charge and they want me to take someone's life, they have to prove it. They have to prove it, or else I'm a murderer too."

Advertise | AdChoicesAdvertise | AdChoices
Advertise | AdChoices
.Geneva Shiles of Orlando said she had trouble sleeping Tuesday night after witnessing the verdict from a seat in the courtroom.

"I'm angry and anxious to see what Casey will do with her life now that she's free," Shile said. "My question is: If she didn't do it, who did?"

That question is frustrating many who followed the trial, hoping for a neat ending to a made-for-television case.

"None of us know what actually happened," said Roslyn Muraskin, a criminologist at Long Island University who co-authored "Crime and the Media: Headlines vs. Reality." "Maybe none of us will ever know."

Much of that will depend on whether Anthony chooses to tell her story.

"I believe she's already been bombarded as we speak by publishers and agents," said Linda Konner, president of the Linda Konner Literary Agency, based in New York. "I think there's a lot of interest when you're dealing with mother and dead child."

Konner said a Casey Anthony memoir could fetch a half-million dollars or more, and she would be interested herself in securing the rights.

The judge in the case could order that any such proceeds be used to repay the costs of the search for Caylee, said Karin Moore, a law professor at Florida A&M University.

Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2011, 10:35:52 AM »
Mental Health News: Casey Anthony Acquittal Supported By Grief Reaction
The behavior of Casey Anthony after the death of her child is consistent with a strong grief reaction associated with a tragic loss of this kind.

On observing the details of the Casey Anthony trial, the author of Effective Counseling Skills, Daniel Keeran, MSW, predicted a finding of not guilty on counts of murder and manslaughter.

The emotional reactions of Casey Anthony demonstrate she could not have anti-social personality disorder that would certainly be the case if she had committed a murder.

Her behavior of dancing and having a tatoo made after the child's death, could also be understood as signs of a grief reaction in which denial is a prominent component. This kind of reaction was observed also in the court environment in which she was laughing and smiling at times and also crying at other times.

Her grief reaction is consistent with a sudden death that may have been the drowning of the child in the backyard pool. Keeran states that in his professional experience, a mother whose young child drowns in the family pool, is often suicidal in the aftermath.

The videos of Casey Anthony with the child, Caylee, show a strong emotional and caring mother-child bond, and the child appears to be happy and cared for.

In the case of Ms. Anthony, her reaction was to feel so distraught that she remained in denial of what had occurred. The feelings of pain and guilt are so intense in this type of loss, that the mother would either be suicidal or in denial such as seen in a strong grief reaction. Partying would simply be a way of distancing or protecting herself from the reality of the painful and tragic death of the child and associated intense feelings of guilt.

Perhaps additonal -1103453710  facts of what occurred will surface in the future, but at this time the jury was correct to return a finding of not guilty based on reasonable doubt.

1]; } ?>