April 25, 2024, 06:53:21 AM

Author Topic: Whats next for T&T football ?  (Read 4921 times)

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
Re: Whats next for T&T football ?
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2011, 12:57:19 PM »
Perhaps a takeover from outside is not possible at all. We might be better served by encouraging or forcing reform in stages. You and JC have taken a tone of condemnation of the local based fans which I think is misplaced but not altogether. What is required is revolt in the zonal associations and the leagues to push for change. It will force the federation to make a move.

Anybody knows of a Bahamian type person or organisation within the current set up in T&T brave enough to tell Camps and dem get out??  As soon as such a person(s) or organisation(s) is identified tell me please......and thanks....
The Associations need to call for the change, consistently too.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2011, 02:49:34 PM »
Sam,JC,since it seem like no one on the forum wheather foreign or local is willing to step froward and initiate some responsibility for the changes in Football in T&T, i am offering another one my ideas as you all have been asking what can you do or how we can start.

If we have to only deal with people we know or just our friends we will be falling right back into what's going on right now,we have to deal with people who have an interest in Football,involved in Football in some way or some time,experience/qualified to handle the positions in the Federation etc etc

Why don't we draw up a list of personnel we think could run Football and send some letters to them telling them what our intentions are and see what kind of response we going to get,i'm talking about people both at home and abroad,this is not about who we like it's about who will get the job done.

When i look at guys like Shaka,Gerry Hospedales or this Williams guy from W Connection,i think they could be good presidents,if we talking about special adviser i think Lincoln will best fill that spot(but some us don't like him),i'll give examples of a few people i would write it's a long list so i'll just name a few Leroy Deleon,Steve David,Gwenwyn Cust,Sancho,Kelvin Jack,Gally,Marlon Morris,Dwight Yorke,Russel Latapy etc etc and don't forget the women,it have women willing to work harder than us for Football. 

First good post in a very long time. Daiz de Coop's dat people was praying to see come alive
        I think i'm going to go back to the days when i just used to put my ideas and views on the website and forget about all the abuse thrown at me,i am mature enough to do just that.

Once yuh let us know when yuh just kicksing from when yuh dead serious then we all welcome that move!  :beermug:
       Why do i have to be censored on this forum?i'm the only person to be treated in this way and is all because i try to be outspoken on issues that affect Football,i know i like to tease you all just to have some fun but i realize it's not the best thing to do if i have to keep the relationships i've developed here,thanks for the heads up.Ask Dreamer if i'm free to walk the road without having to watch my back  :devil:

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2011, 03:48:59 PM »
Sam,JC,since it seem like no one on the forum wheather foreign or local is willing to step froward and initiate some responsibility for the changes in Football in T&T, i am offering another one my ideas as you all have been asking what can you do or how we can start.

If we have to only deal with people we know or just our friends we will be falling right back into what's going on right now,we have to deal with people who have an interest in Football,involved in Football in some way or some time,experience/qualified to handle the positions in the Federation etc etc

Why don't we draw up a list of personnel we think could run Football and send some letters to them telling them what our intentions are and see what kind of response we going to get,i'm talking about people both at home and abroad,this is not about who we like it's about who will get the job done.

When i look at guys like Shaka,Gerry Hospedales or this Williams guy from W Connection,i think they could be good presidents,if we talking about special adviser i think Lincoln will best fill that spot(but some us don't like him),i'll give examples of a few people i would write it's a long list so i'll just name a few Leroy Deleon,Steve David,Gwenwyn Cust,Sancho,Kelvin Jack,Gally,Marlon Morris,Dwight Yorke,Russel Latapy etc etc and don't forget the women,it have women willing to work harder than us for Football. 

First good post in a very long time. Daiz de Coop's dat people was praying to see come alive
        I think i'm going to go back to the days when i just used to put my ideas and views on the website and forget about all the abuse thrown at me,i am mature enough to do just that.

Once yuh let us know when yuh just kicksing from when yuh dead serious then we all welcome that move!  :beermug:
       Why do i have to be censored on this forum?i'm the only person to be treated in this way and is all because i try to be outspoken on issues that affect Football,i know i like to tease you all just to have some fun but i realize it's not the best thing to do if i have to keep the relationships i've developed here,thanks for the heads up.Ask Dreamer if i'm free to walk the road without having to watch my back  :devil:

:D

Btw no one here is censoring you but doh get vex when others also speak their mind in response to stuff you have posted!!  8)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 03:54:01 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2011, 04:49:36 PM »
Coops ...ah with yuh ...except for de Lincoln part . he was there and did not do that ...so leave him alone . let him peddle his book. Clearly he can talk about it but not do anything about it.

If change is what we want then fellas like Sancho will get my vote. I have been following Sancho 's moves to leadership in football and i believe we have a diamond in the rough here...maybe a bit beyond that already. well spoken, knowledgeable and willing to take on the vice president of FIFA ...not willing to accept a mess of pottage like some of the other candidates mentioned... Shaka , marlon morris etc ..we have a very well educated professional group who can be mixed with local lower level official committed to football to make the change. Can it happen ?? course it can !!

Offline trini supporter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
The Way Forward
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2011, 04:36:37 PM »
I have not posted on this forum for quite sometime although i do check it very regularly. What i do know is that we have not played an international match for close to 1 year. What i want to know is why must we have such a lengthy break? doesn't this affect the cohesiveness of the team. Most of our players ply their trade locally or the lower divisions around the world. International football is of a much higher standard and quality than what they are accustomed to. Therefore our players could only improve if they play at international level on a regular basis. In addition to bettering their chances of gaining  contracts to top leagues. Also i hope when we do finally play a friendly it is not against teams like Guyana or Barbados who my Jamaican friend reconkens that even they can beat us with some measure of ease. We should look to teams that are at least in the top 30. With constant exposure at a high level although we might get beaten a couple times we could only get better. I wish our new coach the best of luck he is one with a vast amount of experience lets see how he fears in this difficult task.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
Re: The Way Forward
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2011, 07:08:27 PM »
I understand your anguish TS but we always need a reality check.
We could wish all we want to play international games but the reality is:

1. TTFF cyah afford no international teams.
2. TTFF broke and was never levelling with the public about where the money was being siphoned off to.
3. TTFF has no confidence from the public & business community to get them to sponsor & pay gate receipts as nobody trusts where the money is going and in which brown envelope it go end up in.
4. TTFF's blacklisting and vindicative sabotage of our players has caused T&T's ratings to plummet. Nobody other than true nobodies wants to play, sorry to say this, loser T&T, whose ranking is now way below 100. There is nothing to gain but damaging yuh ratings if yuh lose to us. When we repair ourselves and our image, we will be much more attractive. We are no longer the loved socawarriors but the country owned by the internationally detested Jackulito. Daiz de honest truth.
5. They are too disorganized in the TTFF and there is too much last minute attempted scheduling.
6. Scampito is a corrupt retard & a millstone around the neck of this country. Until he is removed, we in deep gobar.

The good news is that Pfister is not a fool and is a man with a plan who has worked in dysfunctional backwaters before. The other hope comes from the fact that a massive crossroads is coming with a possible financial "tsunami", to use a favourite phrase of a known joker, that will impact the TTFF and may trigger transformative events that could never have been propelled by natural evolution of this rotten organization.

Stay tuned people ....
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 07:47:06 PM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Re: The Way Forward
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2011, 07:17:29 PM »
I understand your anguish TS but we always need a reality check.
We could wish all we want to play international games but the reality is:

1. TTFF cyah afford no international teams.
2. TTFF broke and was never was levelling with the public about where the money was being siphoned off too.
3. TTFF has no confidence from the public & business community to get them to sponsor & pay gate receipts as nobody trusts where the money is going and in which brown envelope it go end up in.
4. TTFF blacklisting and vindicative sabotage of players has caused T&T ratings to plummet. Nobody other than true nobodies wants to play, sorry to say this, loser T&T whose ranking is way below 100. There is nothing to gain but damaging yuh ratings if yuh lose to us. When we repair ourselves and our image we will be much more attractive. We are no longer the socawarriors but the country owned by the internationally detested Jackulito. Daiz se honest truth.
5. They are too disorganized in the TTFF and there is too much last minute attempted scheduling.
6. Scampito is a corrupt retard & a millstone around the neck of this country. Until he is removed, we in deep gobar.

The good news is that is not a fool and is a man with a plan who has worked in dysfunctional backwaters before. The other hope comes from the fact that a massive crossroads is coming with a possible financial "tsunami", to use a favourite phrase of a known joker, that will impact the TTFF and may trigger transformative events that could never have been propelled by natural evolution of this rotten organization.

Stay tuned people ....

:beermug:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

1]; } ?>