March 28, 2024, 11:32:04 PM

Author Topic: SWO Introduces: The mastermind behind the famous Strike Squad.  (Read 15266 times)

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: SWO Introduces: The mastermind behind the famous Strike Squad.
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2011, 08:30:04 AM »
Imagine this is the first real interview with Gally Cummings since 1989, over 20 years ago.

Not sure what you mean by this since Gally has given many interviews over the years......

I meant an interview so indepth and polished..

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2011, 08:31:14 AM »
Flex, why yuh didn't ask Gally if he was still head coach if Chris Birchall woulda make he team ?

Not sure if Gally liked foreign born players. But good question Sam.

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2011, 10:19:20 AM »
Gally, will never work for me again, he still vex with me after 20 years.

No one could stop me.

Jack will raise again.
Jack Warner will rise again and the world will beg him him to return and he will say "NO".............

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2011, 11:58:56 AM »
Who was the foreign based players in Gally time ?

Brian Haynes, Collin Rocke and David Nakhid ?

Maurice Alibey, Clint Marcelle, Veron Skinner

Didn't richard chinapoo play in the early qualifiers?

Yep I remember d game v Honduras at d Oval where Gally as k peeps 2 come out and peeps came out talk bout drama 2 get in d oval. Policeman on horse by d game. It was 5$ 2 go that game. D road to Italy strted that day 4 me.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2011, 01:34:59 PM »
cant help but like #20 response......  :rotfl:

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2011, 01:49:30 PM »
Imagine this is the first real interview with Gally Cummings since 1989, over 20 years ago.

Not sure what you mean by this since Gally has given many interviews over the years......

I meant an interview so indepth and polished..

Nah man, not taking any thing away from Flex but I've seen him on TV and radio giving in depth interviews....they have been few and far between so that's probably why it seems like we never got one so detailed....

cant help but like #20 response......  :rotfl:

For real eh.... :rotfl: :beermug:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Trinitozbone

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2011, 06:06:34 PM »
This interview made me wonder what the sports writers in T&T doing? Who is bringing the issues to the sport- hungry people of T&T and celebrating our successes and Heros?

The very first answer set the tone for the entire interview. Gally's background reinforces the importance of knowing one's identity complete with his history and the difference those make in how we think and live.

Excellent choice Flex.

PS. What allyuh think about his ideas for question 4?

4. Football has changed, from your time to now. How important is the SSFL in today's football. In other words, can it contribute to our national team in a positive way and can it help develop players.

EC: - First we need to have the SSFL players play a longer season, but since that will be clashing with the academics then we need to have SSFL zonal football. North Zone, South Zone, Central Zone and East Zone etc.

Select the best coaches in the country to manage these zones which will compete against each other before and after the SSFL season. We can also create a sort of ODP like in the USA where about thirty players are regularly trained and screened for national selection. Start a Tertiary Football League to bridge the gap between SSFL and senior football.

This tertiary league will accommodate players leaving and not being able to meet the required standard of senior football. For example; players can transfer to this league with their regular teammates as an old boys club. For example; St. Benedicts old Boys, Fatima old boys, St. Anthony’s old boys, Naparima, Presentation, QRC, Signal Hill, St. Mary’s, Murcurapo, St. Augustine, Arima, El dorado, Carapichaima and others. This will also bring back the crowds who have already been a fan base connected to their schools.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2011, 07:00:48 PM »
This interview made me wonder what the sports writers in T&T doing? Who is bringing the issues to the sport- hungry people of T&T and celebrating our successes and Heros?

The very first answer set the tone for the entire interview. Gally's background reinforces the importance of knowing one's identity complete with his history and the difference those make in how we think and live.

Excellent choice Flex.

PS. What allyuh think about his ideas for question 4?

4. Football has changed, from your time to now. How important is the SSFL in today's football. In other words, can it contribute to our national team in a positive way and can it help develop players.

EC: - First we need to have the SSFL players play a longer season, but since that will be clashing with the academics then we need to have SSFL zonal football. North Zone, South Zone, Central Zone and East Zone etc.

Select the best coaches in the country to manage these zones which will compete against each other before and after the SSFL season. We can also create a sort of ODP like in the USA where about thirty players are regularly trained and screened for national selection. Start a Tertiary Football League to bridge the gap between SSFL and senior football.

This tertiary league will accommodate players leaving and not being able to meet the required standard of senior football. For example; players can transfer to this league with their regular teammates as an old boys club. For example; St. Benedicts old Boys, Fatima old boys, St. Anthony’s old boys, Naparima, Presentation, QRC, Signal Hill, St. Mary’s, Murcurapo, St. Augustine, Arima, El dorado, Carapichaima and others. This will also bring back the crowds who have already been a fan base connected to their schools.

I've always said we need to develop a system/formula that suits T&T and Gally seems to have that same trend,is not that we want to go back to the good old days but have Football playing all over the country,more players playing at the top level,people will not have to be forced to leave South and come North to see Football on a regular basis,we will also have a feeder system for our clubs and national teams etc etc if you notice he even mention the ODP system used in the US,it's just a matter of having players playing and being assesed consistently.I also liked what he did to get his players and that's why i think the majority of his team was local,no word a mouth.   

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2011, 07:20:01 PM »
Gally was marginalized and silenced and prevented from making useful contributions proportional to his talents. None of us doh have flaws but it is clear that he was treated badly even if he had shortcomings (no pun intended).  Very good interview Flex.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2011, 08:09:11 PM »

Very well said....

Seems everybody on de same page except for the TTFF.

Jack Warner probably did ok for T&T in the past to some extent but he did more bad than good, T&T football dead because of his pride and greed.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Conquering Lion

• Tell me how can a man who doh know his roots form his own ideology?
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2011, 08:37:38 PM »
I worked myself to the bone with no kind of support systems in place, financial or otherwise and to the public TTFA was bad news, they were owing everyone, even the snow cone and corn soup men.

Yep no improvement dey..20 plus years and tings full circle

Kinda hard to believe this man do and see so much and still end up fading into obscurity back in T&T
That encore in Mexico must have been spectacular

Nice one flex...actually we should overs de 'Flex' ting since yuh hustlin for that Pulitzer 8)...nice one Mr. Inshan...cyah wait to see yuh nex big 'scoop'

That is part of the Trini mentality..."All ah we iz one." There are many Trinis who do great things locally and abroad yet we seem to have a problem recognizing them or giving them credit where it is due. Many of them are willing to give back to the country and the youths, but we just ignore them.

Great interview Flex.
We fire de old set ah managers we had wukkin..and iz ah new group we went and we bring in. And if the goods we require de new managers not supplying, when election time come back round iz new ones we bringin. For iz one ting about my people I can guarantee..They will never ever vote party b4 country

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2011, 08:49:21 PM »
Gally cant discriminate against foreign based players because he probably was the only foreign base player on that 1973 team ?? Tallman, clairify ?

Not sure how he feels about foreign born though. (IE Chris Birchall).... if you notice he didn't mention him when Flex ask him who were some of the 2006 WC players he was impress with and I believe Birchall may not had been the best, but he had to be in T&T top 5...
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 08:51:17 PM by Errol »

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2011, 12:00:44 AM »
Top stuff Flex

gally is one of the most mis understood people in tnt football

ah build 1,00 bridges... but ah F#CK one goat
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2011, 06:01:56 AM »
Gally, will never work for me again, he still vex with me after 20 years.

No one could stop me.

Jack will raise again.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Who you suppose to be Jack himself ?

Offline Trinitozbone

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2011, 06:32:55 AM »
Flex,great interview! You got a little behind gally the man. But seriously football has become so much of who we are as a people. It is something we are all passionate about. It is not only about a game , Gally's time was really a happy time and it lasted for some time ! We cannot go back to the ole days but if only we could lift the spirits of trinbagonians again!

Burn Boots

« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2011, 06:48:53 AM »
Some footballers, past and present, and other interesting friends of football have now gotten together to send a strong letter to the TTFF,copied to CONCACAF and FIFA about recent statements made by Jack about getting back into football. They are asking the TTFF to state publicly their position on Jack's involvement in TTFF affairs, if there is any.  

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2011, 07:01:28 AM »
Some footballers, past and present, and other interesting friends of football have now gotten together to send a strong letter to the TTFF,copied to CONCACAF and FIFA about recent statements made by Jack about getting back into football. They are asking the TTFF to state publicly their position on Jack's involvement in TTFF affairs, if there is any.  

hhmmmm...

You guys should try and get Flex involved with this project. When it comes to Jack and the TTFF you need all the amno you can get.

And off course Jack will deny all the claims.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 15, 2011, 08:36:29 AM »
       I wonder who are some of these guys but who ever it is behind this,it's the kind of thing i've been talking about,if anything is to happen certain things must be made clear to all concerned.While i was home i spoke with guys like Tansley Thompson,Gwenwyn Cust,Selris Figaro etc and they were in the process of calling a general meeting of all Footballers in the country,i don't know if it's the same group of guys stiring this up.After talking with them i told them that i was very interested in what they were doing and would like to be added to their list,keep me updated,i have no doubt something is going on.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 15, 2011, 09:50:25 AM »

:applause: :cheers: :thumbsup: :wavetowel: :salute:

Please post here after it was forwarded. Much appreciated
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 15, 2011, 10:13:11 AM »

Niceness!

But we need to hear more than that from the TTFF!
We also need to hear if the TTFF is going to show the court the 2006 World Cup accounts books if they exist and if they plan to pay the remaining warriors the rest of the bonus money still due to them.
And if not does Oliver Camps intend to shoulder the blame as president of the TTFF and resign or is he waiting to be pushed out in ah wheelchair?!

BM has Camps retirement plague waiting and we doh want it to get rusty!!  :waiting:

If this important question can be added to that letter to the TTFF it will be most useful but leave out the wheelchair bit!

Thanking you guys sincerely for this initiative!!  :-*
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 10:36:17 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Trinitozbone

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 15, 2011, 06:51:01 PM »
the idea of bridging the gap from secondary school to senior level is an interesting one which Gally addresses in question #4. In fact I have  heard foreign coaches complain that some players at the senior level lack the technical skills required at that level ! I note a coaching seminar coming up shortly I hope some attention will be given to this!

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 15, 2011, 07:37:11 PM »

Niceness!

We also need to hear if the TTFF is going to show the court the 2006 World Cup accounts books if they exist and if they plan to pay the remaining warriors the rest of the bonus money still due to them.
And if not does Oliver Camps intend to shoulder the blame as president of the TTFF and resign or is he waiting to be pushed out in ah wheelchair?!

BM has Camps retirement plague waiting and we doh want it to get rusty!!  :waiting:

If this important question can be added to that letter to the TTFF it will be most useful but leave out the wheelchair bit!

Soca the letter gone already yu can't add nothing at this stage to it,what you suggesting there should have gone already. :devil:

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 15, 2011, 10:20:37 PM »
the idea of bridging the gap from secondary school to senior level is an interesting one which Gally addresses in question #4. In fact I have  heard foreign coaches complain that some players at the senior level lack the technical skills required at that level ! I note a coaching seminar coming up shortly I hope some attention will be given to this!

Nothing significant will improve until Camps is gone & the TTFF is reformed!
If we really want to improve our football certain characters who have been running it into the ground for much to long need to go!
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 15, 2011, 10:28:00 PM »

Niceness!

Soca the letter gone already yu can't add nothing at this stage to it,what you suggesting there should have gone already. :devil:

Never mind but we can expect the TTFF to deny that Jack is still acting as Special Advisor but we all know that Camps will not admit that he is simply Jack's puppet and clueless without him.

At the end of the day Jack is still controlling things in the background once Camps remains the TTFF president.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 10:30:17 PM by Socapro »

Burn Boots

« Reply #54 on: July 16, 2011, 09:53:14 AM »
The SSFL can implement that zonal structure that Gally mentioned in #4 of the interview. SSFL has nothing to do with Camps and them. It might just force their hands to really bridge the gap so T&T football can have more technically sound players at the senior level.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 02:38:55 PM by Burn Boots »

Offline Insider

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 16, 2011, 05:23:13 PM »
The SSFL can implement that zonal structure that Gally mentioned in #4 of the interview. SSFL has nothing to do with Camps and them. It might just force their hands to really bridge the gap so T&T football can have more technically sound players at the senior level.

Unfortunately, the people at the TTFF don't really care much about bridging gaps.

Camps would have done much better without Jack Warner in the picture and now he is so much involved in Jack dirty laundry that he cannot get out or make any changes and will never resign, but Jack wants and need him there so Jack will always have a hand as long as Cheryl Abrams, Oliver Camps, Anton Corneal and Richard Gorden is around you can count on Jack playing devils advocate with T&T football, he is a parasite.

I remember in a recent interview with Flex, Keith Look Loy said that the SSFL should not be, I feel he should try and work to improve the league instead of thrashing it, we are not a powerhouse or a big country and need all the help expecially since the federation and the people incharge of the leagues dont see eye to eye or on the same page.

Interview here.
http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=53846.msg743273#msg743273

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 16, 2011, 05:33:53 PM »
Fellow forumite Burn Boots, given the TTFF's track record of ignoring folks, does the group have a plan B if the response is not forthcoming??  Just say yes or no....ah eh want de details.  Plenty spies round here...

Oh and yes good initiative, at least somebody(bodies) doing something..... :beermug:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Burn Boots

« Reply #57 on: July 18, 2011, 09:10:04 AM »
Brownsugar, over the last ten years,Alvin Corneal, Anton Corneal, Keith Look Loy and other members of that elk. have been holding some mighty big technical positions in TTFF, CFU, CONCACAF and TTpro league.
We are yet to see or hear them come up with something constructive or some kind of solution to football's problems. All we hear is regular criticisms of SSFL and plenty talk, talk, talk. "trini style".
There is a Plan B. and yes T&T is now spy country. 

who dey!!

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 21, 2011, 09:43:13 AM »

You guys bringing a letter to stop Jack !!!!   :rotfl: :rotfl:

This is so funny.

Jack is a millionair, he owns 10 businesses and he basically controls our government.

And you guys bringing a letter to stop Jack.

Jack own the Equal Opportunities Commission and Anand Ramlogan was by Jack house drinking last night.

Come on.

Jack will raise again !!!!!
Jack Warner will rise again and the world will beg him him to return and he will say "NO".............

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 22, 2011, 05:28:53 AM »
Very good interview Flex, well done and congratulations.

Gally is a part of football history in T&T, people may be critical, but he did step up and do the job to the best of his ability, at a time when T&T football was at a low.

Chinnas was on the squad and arguably should have been given more time to settle. Excellent footballer often marginalized (for those who saw him perform with Cosmos) in T&T Football.
IMHO the biggest omission of all the foreign based was Veron Skinner.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

1]; } ?>