March 28, 2024, 09:15:28 AM

Author Topic: Daneil Cyrus Thread  (Read 46311 times)

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Daneil Cyrus Thread
« on: July 15, 2011, 03:02:30 PM »
Cyrus goes on loan to Kansas.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

Trinidad and Tobago defender Daneil Cyrus has been signed on loan with American Major League Soccer’s Sporting Kansas FC.

Local club FC Santa Rosa FC agreed to load the Tobago-born former National Under 17 and Under 20 player to the club which invited him to a trial in January. The loan transfer was completed today (Friday 15 July 2011) and Cyrus will join the  club on Saturday.

"It's an opportunity that I have been patiently waiting on for some time," Cyrus told TTFF Media. "And I'm really grateful for the opportunity being presented to me by Kansas and also Santa Rosa FC. This is a new chapter in my career and I will work as hard as I can to perform at my best and help the club achieve the best results possible," he added.

Sporting Kansas City has pursued Cyrus’ services since December 2010 when he was spotted by the MLS club’s coaches at a series of trial matches staged for the club in Trinidad by FC Santa Rosa.

The 20-year-old Cyrus joined Sporting Kansas on trial in January 2011 but the clubs did not agree transfer terms. Discussion continued and the player will now Sporting Kansas until the end of 2011, according to a statement from Santa Rosa which had also loaned Cyrus to Caledonia AIA last season.

Sporting currently occupies fifth place in the MLS Eastern Conference standings with 22 points from 18 matches.

Cyrus has 13 international appearances after making his debut for the T&T Senior team in May, 2010. He also appeared at the 2007 FIFA Under 17 World Cup in South Korea and  the 2009 FIFA Under 20 World Cup in Egypt.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 07:07:17 PM by Flex »

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Cyrus joins Sporting Kansas
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 05:26:37 PM »
yes ...

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2011, 06:03:30 PM »
Where is the like button?

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2011, 07:29:28 PM »
Cant believe Shaun wrote this...

Cyrus goes on loan to Kansas.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

Trinidad and Tobago defender Daneil Cyrus has been signed on loan with American Major League Soccer’s Sporting Kansas FC.

Local club FC Santa Rosa FC agreed to load the Tobago-born former National Under 17 and Under 20 player to the club which invited him to a trial in January. The loan transfer was completed today (Friday 15 July 2011) and Cyrus will join the  club on Saturday.

"It's an opportunity that I have been patiently waiting on for some time," Cyrus told TTFF Media. "And I'm really grateful for the opportunity being presented to me by Kansas and also Santa Rosa FC. This is a new chapter in my career and I will work as hard as I can to perform at my best and help the club achieve the best results possible," he added.

Sporting Kansas City has pursued Cyrus’ services since December 2010 when he was spotted by the MLS club’s coaches at a series of trial matches staged for the club in Trinidad by FC Santa Rosa.

The 20-year-old Cyrus joined Sporting Kansas on trial in January 2011 but the clubs did not agree transfer terms. Discussion continued and the player will now missing word Sporting Kansas until the end of 2011, according to a statement from Santa Rosa which had also loaned Cyrus to Caledonia AIA last season.

Sporting currently occupies fifth place in the MLS Eastern Conference standings with 22 points from 18 matches.

Cyrus has 13 international appearances after making his debut for the T&T Senior team in May, 2010. He also appeared at the 2007 FIFA Under 17 World Cup in South Korea and  the 2009 FIFA Under 20 World Cup in Egypt.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 07:41:13 PM by Flex »

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2011, 07:30:22 PM »
Big up to Cyrus hope he does well to secure a permanent deal.

AirMan

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2011, 08:31:06 PM »
Good luck to him..hopefully this
 club make him even better...the better players we have will result in more quality for T&T national coach to choose from..

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2011, 09:49:48 PM »
Good stuff.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2011, 03:39:38 AM »
Good deal  probably why he isnt on the u23 team!
Shaun fuentes need to stay off the weed .... jeeez who edits his shit!!!!

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2011, 04:01:35 AM »
look loy yuh prodigies gettin tru too late fuh yuh...save d money fuh next year eh

good luck to cyrus...a good team is built from d back so im glad our defenders getting this opportunity

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2011, 09:12:48 AM »
 :applause:

Happy for the youth.

Good job by Keith Look Loy, we cant let some of our best players leave for nothing.

If they really want him they will have to pay up.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Sporting KC acquires defender Daneil Cyrus
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2011, 11:24:25 AM »
Sporting KC acquires defender Daneil Cyrus
By Kurt Austin (sportingkc.com)

Trinidad and Tobago National Team defender Daneil Cyrus will join Sporting Kansas City on loan for the 2011 season, the club announced Saturday.

"Daneil is a young player that we have had our eye on for a while and we're glad to now have him join our club," Sporting Kansas City Manager Peter Vermes said. "He brings a new dimension to our defensive depth with his size and athleticism and we think he has a bright future ahead of him."

Cyrus, 20 years old and 6’3”, joined Sporting Kansas City for the 2011 pre-season after being identified by the club’s technical staff at a combine in Trinidad and Tobago in December 2010.  He appeared in each of Sporting Kansas City’s first four pre-season matches in Arizona.

"It's an opportunity that I have been patiently waiting on for some time," Cyrus said. "And I'm really grateful for the opportunity being presented to me by Sporting Kansas City and also FC Santa Rosa. This is a new chapter in my career and I will work as hard as I can to perform at my best and help the club achieve the best results possible.”

He comes to Kansas City from FC Santa Rosa, whom he joined in March 2010 before being loaned to Caledonia AIA of the Trinidad and Tobago Pro League for the last two seasons.

Cyrus has 13 appearances for the Trinidad and Tobago National Team since debuting against Chile in May 2010. He also represented his country in the 2007 FIFA Under-17 World Cup in Korea and the 2009 FIFA Under-20 World Cup in Egypt, appearing in all three of the team’s group stage matches at each tournament.
Cyrus has been added to the team’s roster and will occupy an international roster spot. In keeping with team policy, terms of the contract will not be disclosed.

Transaction: Sporting Kansas City (MLS) acquires Daneil Cyrus on loan.

VITALS
Daneil Cyrus
Defender
Number: 25
Height: 6-3
Weight: 150
Born: 12/15/1990
Hometown: Plymouth, Trinidad and Tobago
Birthplace: Plymouth, Trinidad and Tobago
Citizenship: Trinidad and Tobago
Last Club: FC Santa Rosa (Trinidad and Tobago)

« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 11:26:38 AM by Tallman »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2011, 11:40:43 AM »
Next stop the EPL,lets hope he puts on a few more pounds,6ft.3ins,another Lawrence.

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2011, 06:04:53 PM »
What league is Santa Rosa FC in? I find it strange that they own his contract.

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2011, 09:08:36 PM »
The club is owned by Keith Lok Loy. They own some players and loan then out untill they can get into the Pro League. Not a bad business plan, either they get in and have players or they get money by selling the players and get money to develop the club more.

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2011, 09:37:48 PM »
The club is owned by Keith Lok Loy. They own some players and loan then out untill they can get into the Pro League. Not a bad business plan, either they get in and have players or they get money by selling the players and get money to develop the club more.

That's what I figured. I just hope they don't price this guy out of a move.

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2011, 10:41:23 AM »
Good deal  probably why he isnt on the u23 team!
Shaun fuentes need to stay off the weed .... jeeez who edits his shit!!!!

The english standard of his articles has always been like that unfortunately
Hart for president

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2011, 04:28:24 PM »
well done dan...and SR Fc

play de fitball
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2011, 01:01:13 PM »
But Sporting Kansas City (1-2-2) responded seven minutes later as central defender Daneil Cyrus, acquired on Saturday, found space on the right side of the penalty area and slipped a pass to trialist Dwayne James for the finish from close range.
http://www.sportingkc.com/news/2011/07/reserves-drop-2-1-decision-against-chicago

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2011, 06:04:29 PM »
But Sporting Kansas City (1-2-2) responded seven minutes later as central defender Daneil Cyrus, acquired on Saturday, found space on the right side of the penalty area and slipped a pass to trialist Dwayne James for the finish from close range.
http://www.sportingkc.com/news/2011/07/reserves-drop-2-1-decision-against-chicago

And so it begins!!! This youth has tremendous potential... looking forward to him getting into the 1st team sooner rather than later!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2011, 06:00:31 PM »
He's on the bench for tonight's game against Newcastle United.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
New signee Cyrus ready to make a mark for Sporting KC
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2011, 05:25:27 PM »
New signee Cyrus ready to make a mark for Sporting KC
By Andrew Wiebe (MLSsoccer.com)

Buried in hoopla surrounding the addition of another Designated Player — Brazilian playmaker Jéferson — to the fold, Sporting Kansas City picked up a lesser-known talent they’ve been circling patiently for more than a year.

Kansas City signed 20-year-old defender Daneil Cyrus on loan from Trinidad and Tobago side FC Santa Rosa last week, ending manager Peter Vermes’ year-and-a-half-long struggle to bring the young international stateside.

Sporting tried to sign Cyrus prior to the 2010 season but couldn’t get the required visa. After impressing the technical staff during a combine on the island in December, the defender then spent most of the preseason with the team before returning home when a deal couldn’t be reached.

Despite those struggles, Cyrus finally made his debut for the club this week in a reserve game before playing the second half against Newcastle United on Wednesday, an experience he said was well worth the wait.

“My time here at the beginning was great,” Cyrus said, “but a misunderstanding happened and I went back home. I am so happy to be here and play my first game with Kansas City against a big club like Newcastle. Everything is going great so far, and I’m so proud to be here and represent Sporting KC.”

Likewise, Vermes is delighted to have him in Kansas City for at the very least the remainder of this season before the club decides whether or not to exercise its option to purchase Cyrus outright.

“He’s young enough and he’s got such an upside that — within our situation now and having the players that we do — he can grow in this environment and not have pressure on him to make an impact at a young age,” Vermes said.

And, make no mistake, Vermes expects Cyrus to continue to improve.

The versatile 6-foot-3 defender may be relatively young, but he has plenty of experience after playing on loan with Trinidad and Tobago Pro League side Caledonia AIA for the last two seasons and making his debut for the T&T national team against Chile in May 2010. He has since racked up 13 appearances with the senior side in addition to representing his country in the Under-17 and Under-20 World Cups at the youth level.

And following a 45-minute performance in which he matched up favorably against some of the Premier League’s most talented and physically imposing strikers in Shola Ameobi and Demba Ba, Cyrus said he is just happy to continue his steady progression in the game.

“Everything is just another experience for me,” he said. “I’m so happy to get the chance to play against Ameobi. He’s a great player. We came out in the second half and kept a clean sheet, and I had him a little bit frustrated so I’m proud of my performance and the team’s.”

Vermes said Cyrus’ integration into the squad should be relatively seamless — apart from getting to know some of the club’s more recent acquisitions — since he spent most the preseason with Kansas City. The immediate plan is to give him plenty of opportunities with the reserves with the chance of appearing with the first team should circumstances (injury, suspension, etc.) dictate it.

In the meantime, Kansas City’s fitness staff will certainly want to put some more bulk on his lanky frame — he is currently listed at 150 pounds — but Cyrus already has the kind of physical gifts that are impossible to teach.

“He’s very fast,” Vermes said. “He rarely gets beat on the floor. If someone takes off, he somehow finds a way to track that guy down. I call it street smarts, but he has lots of field smarts, too. He manages situations really well. I think that is because of his upbringing.”

Predictably, Cyrus also drew on his roots to get an idea of what to expect in MLS. Though he is known as a “skillful” defender back home, he said his teammates on the national team told him he would have to adjust his style of play to adapt to the rough-and-tumble style in his new surroundings.

“They said in MLS as a defender, it is just down to business,” Cyrus said. “Mash up the play and organize. There isn’t time to always be skillful because most forwards tackle like defenders. There is no easy play. I might not be the biggest defender, but I use my head and ability to read the game well. I’m not really afraid of competition. That is why I came to the league.”

« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 04:15:54 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: New signee Cyrus ready to make a mark for Sporting KC
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2011, 05:32:45 PM »
“They said in MLS as a defender, it is just down to business,” Cyrus said. “Mash up the play and organize. There isn’t time to always be skillful because most forwards tackle like defenders. There is no easy play. I might not be the biggest defender, but I use my head and ability to read the game well. I’m not really afraid of competition. That is why I came to the league.”

Ah wonder if is Ian Alleyne tell him dat.  Mash dem up! :devil:

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2011, 07:11:26 PM »
Great to see. Maybe Tallest at Wigan should try to get him a bligh.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2011, 07:42:35 PM »
i am so happy about this move. Wow good to see a young person from my village doing well. Marked Demba Ba off the scoresheet :beermug: prem defenders had problems with him last season

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2011, 07:31:29 AM »
Love this youth...

Good luck to him.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2011, 11:00:51 AM »
6. How impressive where the dual debutants, J´ferson and Daneil Cyrus?

J´ferson, somewhat surprisingly, went the full 90 picking up an assist. Cyrus entered in the 62nd minute after Collin had to be withdrawn for a back injury and had a giveaway that directly led to a Toronto goal.

J´ferson is the real deal, in my opinion. It's only been a little over 100 minutes, but he has a very keen eye for the game and spatial relationships -- he was constantly looking to thread passes between defenders into space. He also draws attention in the middle, creating space out wide.

Given more time to develop a rapport with the front-line, and I think the Brazilian will be a valuable player in this lineup.

Cyrus had a rockier game, but was impressive in his own right. Even though he's only 20, he's incredibly composed on the ball and on the tackle. He's got ample physical gifts and needs a few seasons to develop the mental tools for the job of a central defender -- like knowing not to chest the ball in front of you about 30 yards from the box facing the wrong way when you're the last man back.

Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2011/07/26/3037316/the-eleven-asking-questions-about.html#ixzz1TEQ9UtFR
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2011, 11:12:38 AM »
love it!

Tallman - what's our total MLS contingent?

Birchall, Cyrus, Daniel,...Is Julius James still out there?  Who else if any?
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2011, 11:22:14 AM »
love it!

Chris Birchall - LA Galaxy
Daneil Cyrus - Sporting Kansas
Keon Daniel - Philadelphia Union
Thorne Holder - Philadelphia Union
Julius James - Columbus Crew
Scott Sealy - San Jose Earthquakes

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2011, 01:33:32 PM »
love it!

Chris Birchall - LA Galaxy
Daneil Cyrus - Sporting Kansas
Keon Daniel - Philadelphia Union
Thorne Holder - Philadelphia Union
Julius James - Columbus Crew
Scott Sealy - San Jose Earthquakes

Scratch Thorne off the list (for now hopefully).  http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=54310.0
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Daneil Cyrus to miss rest of 2011 season
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2011, 02:03:20 PM »
Daneil Cyrus to miss rest of 2011 season
By Kurt Austin (sportingkc.com)

Sporting Kansas City central defender Daneil Cyrus will miss the remainder of the 2011 season after suffering a broken fifth metatarsal in his left foot during the team’s Reserve League match on Monday. The injury, also commonly referred to as a Jones fracture, will require surgery and Cyrus is expected to be out for four months, the club announced Tuesday.

Cyrus, a Trinidad and Tobago international, was signed by Sporting Kansas City in July and made five appearances in all competition, including two MLS matches and the club’s international friendly against Newcastle United FC.

The injury came in the final moments of Sporting Kansas City's 1-0 win over the Colorado Rapids on Monday at the Sporting Club Training Center in Swope Park. Cyrus, who was immediately replaced following the injury, was making his second appearance in the MLS Reserve League, after earning an assist in Sporting Kansas City's 2-1 loss to the Chicago Fire at LIVESTRONG Sporting Park.

1]; } ?>