March 28, 2024, 08:41:12 AM

Author Topic: Daneil Cyrus Thread  (Read 46308 times)

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Daneil Cyrus thread
« Reply #90 on: July 12, 2015, 07:27:31 PM »
With a good Gold Cup he will get there. The biggest problem for our players is that we play so few International Friendlies that big clubs have a hard time really seeing the talent much less appropriately assessing it. Our football body needs to et its act together.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 15, 2015, 09:55:15 PM »
Imagine! All of this happened versus Mexico without Cyrus.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #92 on: July 15, 2015, 10:57:23 PM »
Imagine! All of this happened versus Mexico without Cyrus.

Was now thinking that... Hart wants him rested for Panama... I believe our defence would have been solid if bakr and Cyrus played, but we need to blood other players..

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Cyrus sorry for penalty miss.
« Reply #93 on: July 21, 2015, 02:09:27 AM »
T&T Newsday Reports.

LONG AFTER Panama’s Jaime Penedo saved Lester Peltier’s spot kick to win the shootout following Sunday’s 1-1 draw, the Trinidad and Tobago players and technical staff were still struggling to get over the disappointment of elimination from the Gold Cup at the quarter-final stage. While expressing regret, many of the key TT figures at the Met Life stadium in New Jersey also chose to look ahead.

Defender Daneil Cyrus apologised to his teammates and the country for missing a kick that would have taken them into the semi-finals. During the “sudden death” stage of the shootout, Marvin Phillip made a vital save to put TT in the driver’s seat, but Cyrus blasted the next kick over bar, thus bringing Panama back into it.

“I am sorry. I want to apologise to the nation and my team for that miss,” the tall Vietnam-based defender said. “I hope we made the country proud and that they can now support us when the next campaign starts for us. This whole experience was a really good one for us.

It brought us closer as a team and it made us believe more in our ability. It took a lot out of us but we have a lot to take from it. The entire team gave a lot of effort and was dedicated throughout. We would have liked to go all the way but we still can hold ourselves up and move on from here,” Cyrus ended.

Even in defeat, the Soca Warriors earned rave reviews in the international media, and news from the CONCACAF suggested there was a “strong likelihood” TT could move on to the 2016 Copa America Centenario — the South American championship which includes six CONCACAF teams.

Meanwhile, TT skipper Kenwyne Jones, though disappointed, said there was every reason for optimism. “It’s an ironic feeling really, because we lost on penalties in the Caribbean Cup,” said the Cardiff City striker. “And tonight I thought we had this one, but it wasn’t to be. But I think we have a lot to take from this as a team going forward.

“I want to thank the staff and the players for every bit of effort during this tournament. We got closer with every day, every session and every match that passed and this augurs very well for us going into the World Cup qualification.

“My hope and the hope of everyone in the team is that we can get the right preparations for the future. All along, we have been told that we needed to perform, and hopefully we would have done something now to warrant the kind of support that we deserve. If not, then we would be going back to square one and that is what makes the difference with the other countries moving ahead of us,” Jones concluded.

National coach Stephen Hart commended his players for the effort, saying he felt fatigue was a factor in their performance Sunday.

“I think at the end of the day the two days extra rest for Panama showed,” he reflected. “We were completely exhausted. But I have to give credit to my players. They gave me everything. I extracted every drop of juice out of that orange. But penalties are a cruel way to decide a game, but it’s how the game ends.

“I think fatigue was a big factor. We could not get up and down the field as a unit like we did against Mexico, and as the game went further and further forward, we just couldn’t keep possession of the ball. We ran out of legs,” Hart added, saying it was a different proposition kicking penalties in front of thousands, as compared to doing so in the quiet of practice. “Yesterday (Saturday) nobody missed (in practice) and today we had three chances to take it, and we missed.

“A lot of what we have to work on comes with experience and playing matches. A tournament like this would have done a lot for our young players, and hopefully with the right preparation, we can continue to grow and improve as a team,” Hart concluded.

Fourteen members of the squad were scheduled to arrive at Piarco International Airport at 9.00 pm yesterday.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Re: Cyrus sorry for penalty miss.
« Reply #94 on: July 21, 2015, 07:47:07 AM »
T&T Newsday Reports.

LONG AFTER Panama’s Jaime Penedo saved Lester Peltier’s spot kick to win the shootout following Sunday’s 1-1 draw, the Trinidad and Tobago players and technical staff were still struggling to get over the disappointment of elimination from the Gold Cup at the quarter-final stage. While expressing regret, many of the key TT figures at the Met Life stadium in New Jersey also chose to look ahead.

Defender Daneil Cyrus apologised to his teammates and the country for missing a kick that would have taken them into the semi-finals. During the “sudden death” stage of the shootout, Marvin Phillip made a vital save to put TT in the driver’s seat, but Cyrus blasted the next kick over bar, thus bringing Panama back into it.

“I am sorry. I want to apologise to the nation and my team for that miss,” the tall Vietnam-based defender said. “I hope we made the country proud and that they can now support us when the next campaign starts for us. This whole experience was a really good one for us.

It brought us closer as a team and it made us believe more in our ability. It took a lot out of us but we have a lot to take from it. The entire team gave a lot of effort and was dedicated throughout. We would have liked to go all the way but we still can hold ourselves up and move on from here,” Cyrus ended.

Even in defeat, the Soca Warriors earned rave reviews in the international media, and news from the CONCACAF suggested there was a “strong likelihood” TT could move on to the 2016 Copa America Centenario — the South American championship which includes six CONCACAF teams.

Meanwhile, TT skipper Kenwyne Jones, though disappointed, said there was every reason for optimism. “It’s an ironic feeling really, because we lost on penalties in the Caribbean Cup,” said the Cardiff City striker. “And tonight I thought we had this one, but it wasn’t to be. But I think we have a lot to take from this as a team going forward.

“I want to thank the staff and the players for every bit of effort during this tournament. We got closer with every day, every session and every match that passed and this augurs very well for us going into the World Cup qualification.

“My hope and the hope of everyone in the team is that we can get the right preparations for the future. All along, we have been told that we needed to perform, and hopefully we would have done something now to warrant the kind of support that we deserve. If not, then we would be going back to square one and that is what makes the difference with the other countries moving ahead of us,” Jones concluded.

National coach Stephen Hart commended his players for the effort, saying he felt fatigue was a factor in their performance Sunday.

“I think at the end of the day the two days extra rest for Panama showed,” he reflected. “We were completely exhausted. But I have to give credit to my players. They gave me everything. I extracted every drop of juice out of that orange. But penalties are a cruel way to decide a game, but it’s how the game ends.

“I think fatigue was a big factor. We could not get up and down the field as a unit like we did against Mexico, and as the game went further and further forward, we just couldn’t keep possession of the ball. We ran out of legs,” Hart added, saying it was a different proposition kicking penalties in front of thousands, as compared to doing so in the quiet of practice. “Yesterday (Saturday) nobody missed (in practice) and today we had three chances to take it, and we missed.

“A lot of what we have to work on comes with experience and playing matches. A tournament like this would have done a lot for our young players, and hopefully with the right preparation, we can continue to grow and improve as a team,” Hart concluded.

Fourteen members of the squad were scheduled to arrive at Piarco International Airport at 9.00 pm yesterday.

I always supported you Cyrus, from day one when you first played national football, you're forgiven but don't make that mistake again, learn from it and do better next time...

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 21, 2015, 07:51:48 AM »
What was the issue when it was Cryus turn to kick? Did we try to replace his order and couldn't?

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #96 on: July 21, 2015, 07:53:35 AM »
What was the issue when it was Cryus turn to kick? Did we try to replace his order and couldn't?

I believe so.. Bouchard wanted it I think but the ref wouldn't allow it... But nonetheless, Cyrus has to convert, mentally he needs to be ready

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 21, 2015, 07:56:54 AM »
I believe Cyrus' name was next on the list to kick. they tried to change it but the ref said "list is final".

Guessing they didnt think it would go to a sudden death so there wasnt much forward thinking in terms of order.

:beermug:
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #98 on: July 21, 2015, 07:59:39 AM »
I believe Cyrus' name was next on the list to kick. they tried to change it but the ref said "list is final".

Guessing they didnt think it would go to a sudden death so there wasnt much forward thinking in terms of order.

Williams is another defender that should apologize as well for missing... Had he scored we would have been in a better position prior to Cyrus

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 21, 2015, 08:11:15 AM »

Williams is another defender that should apologize as well for missing... Had he scored we would have been in a better position prior to Cyrus

I dont think its a situation where men need to apologise.......a penalty is the hardest and yet easiest thing in football. Nerves will always play a factor...even for some of the greatest. (Baggio).

IMO the order of kicks was the problem no so much the kickers.

Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 21, 2015, 08:18:06 AM »
Good he apologized. He understand what was at stake. I will not just blame him because before the game even reached penalties T&T was OUTPLAYED. The team as a collective did not play well on the day they should have given their best performance.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 21, 2015, 08:29:17 AM »

Yuh getting tie up. Williams converted his penalty kick, it was Bateau who had his shot saved.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 21, 2015, 08:50:32 AM »
Cyrus was so roast in dat game it was the first time ah see him play without a smile on his face

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 21, 2015, 08:55:39 AM »
I doh need no apology from my Warriors.  If Messi could miss (fail to convert) penalties and life goes on, then this too shall pass!

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #104 on: July 21, 2015, 08:56:59 AM »

Yuh getting tie up. Williams converted his penalty kick, it was Bateau who had his shot saved.

My bad, thank you tallman...

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #105 on: July 21, 2015, 08:57:54 AM »
I doh need no apology from my Warriors.  If Messi could miss (fail to convert) penalties and life goes on, then this too shall pass!

Okay Ramses.. So shall it be written, so shall it be done..  :D

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 21, 2015, 09:02:11 AM »

Okay Ramses.. So shall it be written, so shall it be done..  :D
You relly is ah clong in troot yuh kno lol :rotfl:

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #107 on: July 21, 2015, 09:18:16 AM »
Nothing wrong with criticism, but allyuh going on like some spoil child. You already get much more food than anybody expected and instead of expressing thanks for de bounty, all allyuh could talk about is no ice cream.

That is not criticism. That is bare ungratefulness.

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 21, 2015, 09:22:49 AM »
^ :beermug:

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #109 on: July 21, 2015, 09:23:28 AM »
Nothing wrong with criticism, but allyuh going on like some spoil child. You already get much more food than anybody expected and instead of expressing thanks for de bounty, all allyuh could talk about is no ice cream.

How you go rob a big hard back man of dessert just so?

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 21, 2015, 09:51:59 AM »
Jokes.... :devil:
But all of that was just the appetizer,main course yet to served

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 21, 2015, 03:56:12 PM »

that referee and his assistants were against our team from the beginning and gave some questionable call to panama, and it was the referee who unsettled cyrus when he walked up to kick the penalty he send him back to the huddle only to have him come back again after an argument with our players, i believe if the ref didn't unsettle cyrus we would be in the semi finals. those hispanic referees should not officiate when there's a hispanic team in action. that is why you don't see a whole lot of hispanic referees officiating world cup games.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 21, 2015, 06:20:10 PM »
This may have been a crucial miss but youknow what - there were other players who had an opportunity to make a difference- supposed all our kickers had made their shots? Then one man does not have to beascapegoat! Say what- I could see the surprised lookouts ma face when his number was called - I want to lay claim that thi layer onthe future would not make this mistake again . I believe that this game , may not be the result we all wanted but may just be the game that would change the approach for each player,coach and hopefully - administrators.
We showed a resiliency, a potential to score and a ho.ding defence like never before . So Mr. Cyrus can't cry over spilled milk-
TTFA and MOS should apologies for the adverse conditions our players and coach have to deal with i additional having to face this level of adversity.

If that nonsense could be off our players minds then think of the what can be achieved when a player does not have to deal with how he go feed he fami.y or make ah living while taking personal time and risk of professional career to represent TnT.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 22, 2015, 12:40:43 AM »
No need to apologise for that - it's part of the game. Next time he'll be stronger.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 22, 2015, 10:21:39 AM »

that referee and his assistants were against our team from the beginning and gave some questionable call to panama, and it was the referee who unsettled cyrus when he walked up to kick the penalty he send him back to the huddle only to have him come back again after an argument with our players, i believe if the ref didn't unsettle cyrus we would be in the semi finals. those hispanic referees should not officiate when there's a hispanic team in action. that is why you don't see a whole lot of hispanic referees officiating world cup games.

Don't know what went down.. but if a list is made, then during the kicks the man get so cramp he can't kick right then..medical staff called...the rules state, NOBODY else can kick until that man can be revived and kick? It kinda don't make sense..or is it, was somebody else to kick, but Cyus wanted to go instead ? to which I would have said noooo..but then again, if he was the best taker in practice, I mighta have to say yes, go an buss the net man. Well, good effort regardless, cyah love yuh less..but miss yuh overlap doh

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 22, 2015, 10:35:30 AM »

CO-SIGN
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 22, 2015, 10:35:53 AM »
No need to apologise for that - it's part of the game. Next time he'll be stronger.

COSIGNNNNN
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 22, 2015, 10:36:17 AM »

C0-SIGNNNNN

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 22, 2015, 12:49:06 PM »
It's a team sport, there's no one scapegoat.  Collectively, they just have to know they can do better, and doing better collectively starts with each player handling their own business.
Three men missed penalties but before that happened defenders gave up a goal and many other chances that could have scored, Cummings acted like he had all the time in the world in the box.  Plus the less direct incidents; what if players had made better passes in the attacking third, or made a better run, or made a better tackle.
There's no player who can say they played a perfect game and therefore should not shoulder blame.

The analogy with a hungry child getting food and wanting dessert doh resonate with me.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Chicago Fire acquire defender Daneil Cyrus
« Reply #119 on: August 06, 2015, 02:51:28 PM »
Chicago Fire acquire defender Daneil Cyrus
Chicago Fire Communications

The Chicago Fire announced Thursday that the club has acquired defender Daneil Cyrus on loan from TT Pro League side W Connection. Per MLS and team policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed. In the most recent Gold Cup, Cyrus started three matches for Trinidad and Tobago, helping his side top Group C with a 2-0-1 record before falling in penalties to Panama in the quarterfinal round. Cyrus will be added to the Fire’s roster upon receipt of his ITC and P1 visa.

“Daneil is a player we’ve been monitoring for a while,” said Chicago Fire Head Coach and Director of Soccer Frank Yallop. “He trained with us earlier in the year and had a number of impressive performances in the recent Gold Cup, so we’re pleased to add him to our side to shore up our defensive line as we head into the second half of the season.”

A Trinidad and Tobago youth international, Cyrus represented the Soca Warriors in the 2007 FIFA U-17 World Cup in Korea and the 2009 FIFA U-20 World Cup in Egypt. The Plymouth, Trinidad and Tobago native made his senior debut against Chile in May 2010 and has since earned 42 caps and took part in the 2013 and 2015 CONCACAF Gold Cups and the 2010, 2012 and 2014 Caribbean Cups.

Cyrus began his professional career with FC Santa Rosa in 2010 before joining Sporting Kansas City on loan on July 16, 2011. Cyrus made his MLS debut in a 4-2 win over Toronto FC on July 23, 2011. Cyrus made two appearances for Sporting KC before suffering a broken fifth metatarsal in a Reserve League match on Aug. 8, 2011.

On July 5, 2012, Cyrus signed with TT Pro League side W Connection, teaming up with current Fire defender Joevin Jones with the Savonetta Boys. In 2012, W Connection finished second in the CFU Club Championships, qualifying for the 2012-13 CONCACAF Champions League. In 2013, Cyrus helped W Connection to their fifth Pro League title.

Cyrus joined Vietnam V-League side Hanoi TT on loan on May 15, 2014 where he scored one goal in 26 appearances across all competitions, helping Hanoi finish second in the V-League in 2014.

Full Name:         Daneil Nicholas Cyrus
Position:            Defender
Height:               6’3”
Weight:              170 lbs.
Birthday:            Dec. 15, 1990
Place of Birth:   Plymouth, Tobago
Citizenship:       Trinidad & Tobago
Acquired:           On loan from W Connection on Aug. 6, 2015
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

1]; } ?>