March 28, 2024, 05:02:13 PM

Author Topic: Daneil Cyrus Thread  (Read 46323 times)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Re: Who does Cyrus play for in the pro league, answer that question...
« Reply #180 on: November 27, 2016, 04:36:48 PM »
that's a pretty strong allegation and I'm hoping that Cyrus has some integrity.

Don't blame Cyrus... blame the man orchestrating everything...

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 27, 2016, 08:10:15 PM »
..The question should be ...Why is Cyrus playing in the Pro League when he should be playing in the amateur league...

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 27, 2016, 09:23:12 PM »
For the record cyrus is not a bad player, he's just not a good defender. I am of the opinion that Cyrus is played out if position. This player should be used as a defensive midfielder or a right winger because he puts more crosses in the box than jovin, cato and Levi Garcia combined.

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 27, 2016, 11:22:39 PM »
Cyrus couldn't play professional football in Kiribati because the man is never fit..has never been fit ..he wouldn't pass their fitness test.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 28, 2016, 01:17:34 AM »
Cyrus couldn't play professional football in Kiribati because the man is never fit..has never been fit ..he wouldn't pass their fitness test.

:)

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 28, 2016, 04:45:17 AM »
For the record cyrus is not a bad player, he's just not a good defender. I am of the opinion that Cyrus is played out if position. This player should be used as a defensive midfielder or a right winger because he puts more crosses in the box than jovin, cato and Levi Garcia combined.

Sporting Kansas City sign Cyrus as a Defender then released him
Chicago Fire signed Cyrus as a Defender then released him

Cyrus plays as a defender for W Connection. Based on the above results and WC Qualifying you maybe correct that he is not a good defender.

Ah know is your opinion but a midfielder or winger, REALLY?

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 28, 2016, 07:03:47 AM »

Sporting Kansas City sign Cyrus as a Defender then released him
Chicago Fire signed Cyrus as a Defender then released him

Cyrus plays as a defender for W Connection. Based on the above results and WC Qualifying you maybe correct that he is not a good defender.

Ah know is your opinion but a midfielder or winger, REALLY?
lets not get it twisted daniel cyrus is a skillfull player but he does not care about his craft. I've watch him from the under 23 level to club and senior team and he's filled with potential. It's my opinion that this player has much to offer our national team but not as a defender.

There could be many arguments made that hyland or kavan george would be mauled as defenders and that might be true, but they are very good midfielders non the less.

defenders are one in a million and it's the hardest position on the pitch to master.  Cyrus will suffer as long as he pursue this position, he's a terrible defender and to add insult he makes very poor decisions and cannot concentrate for 30 minutes let alone 90 plus, and defenders in order to be world class must have the ability to consentrate on and off the field even in their sleep.

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 28, 2016, 07:54:10 AM »
As a Tobagonian I more than most want Cyrus to succeed but you hit the nail on the head, concentration and decision making thus why I can not see him in the midfield.

At 25 plus, it will be hard for him to be cast as other than a defender. Sadly, football tends to pigeon hole some players and unless they work VERY hard they are unable to change peoples perception of their position.

Is he pursuing the position or coaches and technical directors see it as his best position for some of the reasons you stated?

I

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 28, 2016, 09:16:38 AM »
After seeing Cyrus play in GC a couple yrs ago, many of us on the forum liked him a lot.... but voice concerns about certain part of his play. everyone was optimistic that he would improve. We liked his coolness, his height and his attacking ability. But we have seen no improvement on the international stage. He bounced around the MLS, and was let go. If you can't cut it in the so-called US "bush league " then you come back home. And it appears that any of the pro clubs will take him. He can play in our league because at this time, he good enough. Right now it too late to experiment with Cyrus in any other position in this Hex. If the TTFA get a couple friendlies and have him play in mid field, and he look good ... that may alright. But we need a more consistent right back. I say Cato because he has played at that position for his club.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #189 on: November 28, 2016, 01:12:20 PM »
Jan just state the ttfa affected their performance and Cyrus under connection and allyuh big hard back men still talking about his drop on performance..

Cyrus can be world class and has played some very good football, when David get in power that all changed... if people could sabotage a defense of a team, the coach will look bad..

Allyuh use your god given brains nah and open your eyes to what is really going on.., is either allyuh naive or just pretending not to see what's going on

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 28, 2016, 01:44:26 PM »
Jan just state the ttfa affected their performance and Cyrus under connection and allyuh big hard back men still talking about his drop on performance..

Cyrus can be world class and has played some very good football, when David get in power that all changed... if people could sabotage a defense of a team, the coach will look bad..

Allyuh use your god given brains nah and open your eyes to what is really going on.., is either allyuh naive or just pretending not to see what's going on

So what you're saying is that DJW tell or encourage Cyrus, in some shape or form, to sabotage the defense? If you told me this when DJ W was elected, I would have doubted it. But now things like that ain't too far fetch with DJW.

Just another thought to add.. Ever wonder why Cyrus always got a call up despite playing like tata? Maybe DJW tell Hart to always include Cyrus. The plot thickens
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 01:46:21 PM by gawd on pitch »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #191 on: November 28, 2016, 01:59:50 PM »

So what you're saying is that DJW tell or encourage Cyrus, in some shape or form, to sabotage the defense? If you told me this when DJ W was elected, I would have doubted it. But now things like that ain't too far fetch with DJW.

Just another thought to add.. Ever wonder why Cyrus always got a call up despite playing like tata? Maybe DJW tell Hart to always include Cyrus. The plot thickens

William Wallace alluded to the fact that after every session players were being called and the coach would be questioned and they would Bad talk Hart... so it is not far fetched that djw whispering sweet something's in Cyrus ear and also making sure that Hart plays him, hence Hart pointed out that they have different ways of thinking and philosophy, but David is not a compromising man..

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 28, 2016, 03:04:53 PM »

William Wallace alluded to the fact that after every session players were being called and the coach would be questioned and they would Bad talk Hart... so it is not far fetched that djw whispering sweet something's in Cyrus ear and also making sure that Hart plays him, hence Hart pointed out that they have different ways of  and philosophy, but David is not a compromising man..
are you for real with this cockamamie rubbish about player sabotage? I joked with the idea but it seem like you're crazy serious about it.

on the real though mate, cyrus has been under performing long before DJW came in the picture. In the last gold cup I was there to witness the nifty Panamanian left wing who ate him up every time they met, for that matter it was their favorite erea of attack because they found a weak spot and was exploiting it.

the problem is trinidadian ballers have very inflated egos especially when they are shown genuine attention then they believe to th mselves that they don't need to try any harder, just look at the players who fell prey to that mind set.

Jovin jones was once venerated for his skill set and was hailed as the best baller in trini a few years ago same with attulla guerra when he was referred to as the trini Ronaldinho after that the lad stopped trying and fell off terribly, same with kenwin when he was herald as the next drogba, a year after that kenwin was walking around the pitch like he won everything that there was to be won and that is the Dian fall of most trini athletes.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 03:38:39 PM by pull stones »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #193 on: November 28, 2016, 04:06:07 PM »

William Wallace alluded to the fact that after every session players were being called and the coach would be questioned and they would Bad talk Hart... so it is not far fetched that djw whispering sweet something's in Cyrus ear and also making sure that Hart plays him, hence Hart pointed out that they have different ways of  and philosophy, but David is not a compromising man..
are you for real with this cockamamie rubbish about player sabotage? I joked with the idea but it seem like you're crazy serious about it.

on the real though mate, cyrus has been under performing long before DJW came in the picture. In the last gold cup I was there to witness the nifty Panamanian left wing who ate him up every time they met, for that matter it was their favorite erea of attack because they found a weak spot and was exploiting it.

the problem is trinidadian ballers have very inflated egos especially when they are shown genuine attention then they believe to th mselves that they don't need to try any harder, just look at the players who fell prey to that mind set.

Jovin jones was once venerated for his skill set and was hailed as the best baller in trini a few years ago same with attulla guerra when he was referred to as the trini Ronaldinho after that the lad stopped trying and fell off terribly, same with kenwin when he was herald as the next drogba, a year after that kenwin was walking around the pitch like he won everything that there was to be won and that is the Dian fall of most trini athletes.

Are you reading and listening to what the former coaching staff and players are saying and what djw is doing , or are you just listening to yourself?

You can't be that hard headed and harden or are you brother? Like this whole thing gone over your head and you never talk about any players throwing match, that's a big lie...

Like it have some egoist and sociopaths on the board claiming to say things that was stated by me first and I was doubted many moons ago.. get real brother, yuh talking some high level tata
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 04:08:27 PM by Controversial »

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 28, 2016, 05:18:37 PM »
The Cyrus situation raises a lot of questions..

Pull stones, I with you on that.. I don't believe the players decided collectively to sabotage the performance of the team. But do I believe one player under the guidance of DJW might be involved with doing so? Absolutely.

If you look at the past 3 games, Cyrus was responsible for lapsing on at least 4 of the goals scored. I wondered why he continued to get picked after Martinique. Then I thought the same thing after the CR game. If you check the posts from the other games, many of us wondered why Cyrus was still being picked. Some of us even poinyed it out by suggesting that Hart favored Cyrus much more than the others.. hmm.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #195 on: November 28, 2016, 06:41:45 PM »
The Cyrus situation raises a lot of questions..

Pull stones, I with you on that.. I don't believe the players decided collectively to sabotage the performance of the team. But do I believe one player under the guidance of DJW might be involved with doing so? Absolutely.

If you look at the past 3 games, Cyrus was responsible for lapsing on at least 4 of the goals scored. I wondered why he continued to get picked after Martinique. Then I thought the same thing after the CR game. If you check the posts from the other games, many of us wondered why Cyrus was still being picked. Some of us even poinyed it out by suggesting that Hart favored Cyrus much more than the others.. hmm.

Never said collectively as a team they did it, I said some players, it only takes one or two players to create problems for our team...

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Daneil Cyrus Thread
« Reply #196 on: January 02, 2017, 03:45:23 AM »
“I wasn’t really at my best for the last two [World Cup qualifying] games and everybody knows that,” said Cyrus. “I know that too. Sometimes a player might be going through a good patch and sometimes a player is going through a bad patch.

“For the Guatemala match [on 2 September 2016], I thought I had an okay game but for the last two games I really wasn’t at my best. I am not hiding. I just had two bad games.”

Cyrus plays central defence for Connection but was a regular at right back under former National Senior Team coach Stephen Hart. And, in his two outings under Saintfiet, he appeared in central midfield.

“I can play anywhere on the field, once I get time to adjust to the position,” he said. “A footballer should be able to play anywhere on the field. In the last game [against Nicaragua], I even got a chance one on one [with the opposing goalkeeper] and I missed…

“I do prefer to play centre back, honestly. But any position they let me play, I play it to the best of my ability.”

http://wired868.com/2017/01/02/cyrus-i-had-a-flat-tyre-and-didnt-touch-alcohol-tt-defender-responds-to-saintfiet/

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 02, 2017, 04:09:08 AM »
I remember when Cyrus was one of our more reliable players and was getting props on here on the regular, it seems like since the missed penalty vs Panama it's just been downhill in terms of performance.
Back to the topic, JC I agree we always find ways to detract us from our goals, it's always some type of drama along the way. I feel it for Hart because it looks like he struggles to get the full support of the board, not a conducive environment to be productive. I hope we can get rid of all the negative influences surrounding the team and move forward with the players and staff who's fully committed to the task at hand. If everyone's not on the same page both on and off the field we may end up dead last in the HEX and even miss out on the GC.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 02:34:47 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 02, 2017, 06:40:36 PM »
so here nah, he was in Camp and break out ? He leave he family for Christmas, leave for New Year, reach a hour late for a camp start, not during..and only had one or a few drinks, he lucky he didn't get arrested by police for d&D..and hammer drop on the man for that,a hour an half..nah allyuh not serious..a 1 1/2 hr and alcohol make a difference in team discipline and training ? ok.. bet we have a whole new team by next year .

as the lady say, drop the boy if u want to drop the boy, but 'rumcork' persona..all the service he give, he don't deserve no waste down, even if is the case
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 06:42:37 PM by maxg »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 02, 2017, 09:00:55 PM »
so here nah, he was in Camp and break out ? He leave he family for Christmas, leave for New Year, reach a hour late for a camp start, not during..and only had one or a few drinks, he lucky he didn't get arrested by police for d&D..and hammer drop on the man for that,a hour an half..nah allyuh not serious..a 1 1/2 hr and alcohol make a difference in team discipline and training ? ok.. bet we have a whole new team by next year .

as the lady say, drop the boy if u want to drop the boy, but 'rumcork' persona..all the service he give, he don't deserve no waste down, even if is the case

I get the sense is more a case of lasana's headline "rum cork" that was the waste down factor and not anything de coach say.

I'm hoping that in reflection, and if he had a do over, Lasana would choose much less sensational terminology to describe the players actions
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #201 on: April 17, 2017, 05:11:51 PM »
Cyrus’ club search in on!
TTFA Media.

Campbell says T&T defender will only get better with full time training

Daniel Cyrus will be hoping to secure a new club deal in the not too distant future as he aims to maintain the form which saw him start both of this country’s recent 2018 World Cup qualifiers against Panama and Mexico.

Cyrus put in a solid shift in both affairs but is club-less at the moment even though there is word that a couple clubs in American Major League Soccer (MLS) and Asia are keeping firm eyes on him.

The 26-year-old Cyrus played four games for MLS club Chicago Fire while on loan from W Connection in 2015. The Plymouth-born player has 66 appearances for T&T after making his international debut under Russell Latapy in a friendly against World Cup bound Chile in 2010. He played for T&T at both the 2007 FIFA Under 17 World Cup and the 200 FIFA Under 20 World Cup.

Former England defender Sol Campbell, an assistant coach in the T&T Senior Team, has worked with Cyrus and the other national team defenders extensively in the residential training camp leading up to the Panama and Mexico matches. And his observations were positive.

Cyrus has played in eight of T&T’s 2018 World Cup qualifying matches.

“Since I’ve been with the Trinidad Tobago team Daneil Cyrus has showed great attitude and determination and willingness to learn and over the two games Panama and Mexico has played extremely well considering he hasn’t had full time training (with a club),” Campbell told TTFA Media .

The former Portsmouth man said it was important that the defender finds himself a club as soon as possible.

“So once that has been resolved (his club situation) with full time, proper hard  training and playing in a great team, good performances will continuing come,” Campbell added.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #203 on: July 04, 2017, 02:05:55 AM »
Cyrus plays first match for Honduran club.
TTFA Media.

Trinidad and Tobago Senior team defender Daneil Cyrus made his first appearance for Honduran La Liga club Juticalpa on Saturday, running out for the full ninety minutes in a preseason encounter against fellow League side UPNFM. T&T goalkeeper Jan Michael Williams also saw action, entering the match at the start of the second half as Juticalpa finished the match without conceding.

Cyrus signed a one-year deal last month with the option to extend and appears to be settling in at the club, although his spanish speaking skills may not yet be as good as Williams who held his own fairly well during an interview on camera with a Honduran reporter last week.

“I am not as good in Spanish as Jan as yet but so far things have been very good at the club,” Cyrus told TTFA Media

“We had a game on Saturday in which I played the full ninety minutes and Jan came on for the second half. The players and the staff have embraced us and made us feel very comfortable. And the fans have been good so far.

“The league starts at month end but the preseason preparations have been intense and there is a lot happening. Before coming here, I heard a lot of good things from Jerrel Britto and  being here now,I have seen it for myself that the clubs are very organised and at our club in particular the level is good. I think it’s definitely a step up for me and I am looking forward to a good, solid season,” Cyrus added.

T&T’s next World Cup is at home to Honduras on September 1st with both teams seeking full points to maintain their qualifying chances. T&T needs to capture the win before moving on to Panama City to face Panama four days later.

“At the moment I think everyone understands the importance of that game against Honduras. Both myself and Jan can sense here also that they (the Hondurans) know how big the match it is and of course they know us as national players from Trinidad Tobago as we played here last year. But for us, the focus while we are here,  is Juticalpa and doing well in the league. So far the people here have welcomed us and we are part of them.

“But the focus for us is also the Honduras game which is in the back of our minds at the moment. We are working hard on our fitness levels and always trying to better our game to take to the national team when we are called for duty. We are always working towards being at our best and it’s going to be no different for those two games in September,” Cyrus added.

Cyrus at age 26, has made 68 appearances for T&T and is on his fourth overseas deal, having previously played for Chicago Fire and Sporting Kansas in the MLS as well as Hanoi T&T in Vietnam in a professional career that dates back to 2010 with him having played for FC Santa Rosa, Joe Public, Caledonia AIA and W Connection.

“At the moment I think my game is at a decent level but there’s always work to be done. I think the last few weeks with the national team has been good for me, working under the head coach (Dennis Lawrence) and taking things on board in every session. We were a bit unlucky with the two results but we have a lot of reasons to believe we can turn things around in the next two games,” Cyrus added.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 08, 2018, 08:24:58 AM »
Defender Daneil Cyrus has signed with Saudi First Division club, Al-Orubah FC.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 08, 2018, 02:36:19 PM »
Defender Daneil Cyrus has signed with Saudi First Division club, Al-Orubah FC.

All the best to Cyrus. You have developed into an very good defender.

Ah feel it for our players having to go far and wide to ply their trade.

"Justice exalts a nation but injustice is a reproach to any people" My version of this biblical quote

Purge the corruption from the system.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #206 on: August 18, 2018, 03:52:27 AM »
Look Loy: Cyrus’ contract was not a Pro League one.
By Joel Bailey (Newsday).

DANEIL CYRUS’ deal with FC Santa Rosa, from March 1, 2010 to December 31, 2012, was strictly a club contract and not a Pro League one, according to the club’s owner and president Keith Look Loy.

Cyrus, a member of the national football team, joined Santa Rosa after a brief stint as a youth team player with the now-defunct Joe Public.

The central defender played with the T&T teams in the 2007 FIFA Under-17 World Cup in South Korea and the 2009 FIFA Under-20 World Cup in Egypt.

A copy of Cyrus’ contract was obtained by Newsday, with stipulations under the rules of the club, the TT Football Federation (now TT Football Association) and the Pro League.

FC Santa Rosa have never been involved in the Pro League, at any level, during their 25 years of existence.

Look Loy, in an interview on Tuesday, pointed out, “That is not a Pro League contract, that is a Santa Rosa contract. If you look at the first page, the Pro League has a standard contract.”

Look Loy, who is currently the president of the TT Super League, continued, “Any club is free to have a contract with anybody.

There (are) no guidelines.

They will agree what the content of the contract is.”

Asked if the Pro League mentions were typographical errors, Look Loy responded, “The player was loaned to Caledonia (AIA from March 2010 until July 2011) and therefore would have been playing under the rules of the Pro League.”

In 2010, FC Santa Rosa men’s team were in their infancy, and were competing in the Eastern Football Association (EFA) second division.

Look Loy said after the loan agreement with Caledonia AIA ended, Cyrus was loaned to Sporting Kansas City in the American MLS (Major League Soccer).

Sporting Kansas City paid a nominal fee of US$5,000 for Cyrus.

“That didn’t work out,” said Look Loy. “When he came back (in March 2012), W Connection approached Santa Rosa. He was under contract (with Santa Rosa) but I told them they could have him for free. I told them they could take him and that was the end of that.”

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 18, 2018, 10:57:22 AM »
So what’s this all about?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 14, 2019, 01:14:01 PM »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 14, 2019, 01:30:12 PM »
Daneil Cyrus signs with Indian I-League club, Mohun Bagan.

no wonder our national team struggling look at the the teams these guys are playing for
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

1]; } ?>