March 29, 2024, 01:54:42 AM

Author Topic: Daneil Cyrus Thread  (Read 46338 times)

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
Re: Daneil Cyrus Thread
« Reply #210 on: August 14, 2019, 01:32:17 PM »
Daneil Cyrus signs with Indian I-League club, Mohun Bagan.

no wonder our national team struggling look at the the teams these guys are playing for

one can only work for a company when an offer is made.  :beermug:
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 14, 2019, 08:28:20 PM »

no wonder our national team struggling look at the the teams these guys are playing for

At this moment, the I- league is better than the Ascension league.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 14, 2019, 08:35:39 PM »

:rotfl:

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 15, 2019, 02:20:36 PM »

:rotfl:

Breds, honestly, I was not trying to be funny. I was dead serious. But seeing that your belly almost buss with laughter, I  :rotfl: too.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Daneil Cyrus Thread.
« Reply #214 on: August 17, 2019, 08:25:40 AM »
Some ppl keep being mystified by Cyrus and his selection, but if you see the player there ought to be no mystery about him being selected to the NT.

I am one of those people, so please demystify his continued selection.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2019, 05:09:41 PM by Tallman »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Daneil Cyrus Thread.
« Reply #215 on: August 17, 2019, 01:43:55 PM »
Some ppl keep being mystified by Cyrus and his selection, but if you see the player there ought to be no mystery about him being selected to the NT.

In terms of his past continued selection, the things I suspect that may have recommended Cyrus taking the field are his experience, his confidence (leadership to a degree), his adaptability and his ambition to advance the ball rather than just to deny chances.

Considering  the future, his continued selection is a function of position by position competition, versatility in alternatives and whether there is mounted trust in less experienced players (in the role of CB) rather than in Cyrus per se making an overarching compelling case for selection.

Certainly, as has David Luiz, he's been at the center of some unfortunate muck-ups on the field, but on a comprehensive level there's little denying that he merited NT selection relative to his peers. And apparently that's  been the case for some time. Gilbert Bateau told me at a young age Cyrus was already demonstrating his versatility and could play anywhere on the field.

Once he's kept finding a decent club abroad, it's been hard to ignore him. If he gets stuck in T&T that might be a different outcome. At club level, I think of him as a player who tries to fit in where he can get in and keep it moving, but still I would have thought that he would have looked to consolidate his career in Saudi Arabia.

The issues that have influenced perception of Cyrus are notable errors (awareness and decision-making) and positioning. His reaction time/speed may be on the verge of being a liability. Other than that, he puts in a reasonably good but not remarkable shift.

Although it is left to be seen whether he can convince other coaches that he adds value in another playing position, that could be possible for a coach coming to TT from outside but unlikely to be the route taken by a coach inside the country where Cyrus playing at CB would be the preference of many and is viewed as settled. His passing isn't elaborate but he has moments of accuracy over long range.

An authoritative source describes him as "active in defensive actions, takes a lot of challenges and makes [them] with high effectiveness." Same source: "doesn't make a lot of passes per game".

That source also says ... "reads the game well" ... I don't doubt that ... but reacting to the reading?

Subjectively, I think we should have been getting more out of his headers on both ends of the park (say if you compare him to Yohance who heads the ball true).

Mixed bag.

A mixed bag has been good enough to do it.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2019, 05:10:05 PM by Tallman »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 28, 2019, 10:51:37 AM »
Daneil Cyrus has arrived in Kolkata, India to take up his contract with Mohun Bagan.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 28, 2019, 01:59:52 PM »
Glad for you, Breds. Make what little money you can, outside of TT national football.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: October 02, 2019, 09:07:58 PM »

In terms of his past continued selection, the things I suspect that may have recommended Cyrus taking the field are his experience, his confidence (leadership to a degree), his adaptability and his ambition to advance the ball rather than just to deny chances.

Considering  the future, his continued selection is a function of position by position competition, versatility in alternatives and whether there is mounted trust in less experienced players (in the role of CB) rather than in Cyrus per se making an overarching compelling case for selection.

Certainly, as has David Luiz, he's been at the center of some unfortunate muck-ups on the field, but on a comprehensive level there's little denying that he merited NT selection relative to his peers. And apparently that's  been the case for some time. Gilbert Bateau told me at a young age Cyrus was already demonstrating his versatility and could play anywhere on the field.

Once he's kept finding a decent club abroad, it's been hard to ignore him. If he gets stuck in T&T that might be a different outcome. At club level, I think of him as a player who tries to fit in where he can get in and keep it moving, but still I would have thought that he would have looked to consolidate his career in Saudi Arabia.

The issues that have influenced perception of Cyrus are notable errors (awareness and decision-making) and positioning. His reaction time/speed may be on the verge of being a liability. Other than that, he puts in a reasonably good but not remarkable shift.

Although it is left to be seen whether he can convince other coaches that he adds value in another playing position, that could be possible for a coach coming to TT from outside but unlikely to be the route taken by a coach inside the country where Cyrus playing at CB would be the preference of many and is viewed as settled. His passing isn't elaborate but he has moments of accuracy over long range.

An authoritative source describes him as "active in defensive actions, takes a lot of challenges and makes [them] with high effectiveness." Same source: "doesn't make a lot of passes per game".

That source also says ... "reads the game well" ... I don't doubt that ... but reacting to the reading?

Subjectively, I think we should have been getting more out of his headers on both ends of the park (say if you compare him to Yohance who heads the ball true).

Mixed bag.

A mixed bag has been good enough to do it.

Whomp, there it is!

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: October 03, 2019, 11:22:46 AM »
Please could some body fire dennis lawrence so we could stop watching cyrus making all these dotish basic errors? how on earth could we continue with a coach who hasn’t won a match in a year, what kind of nonsensical flawed thinking is that?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: October 04, 2019, 01:43:45 PM »

There is talk about talks. Maybe Mohun Bagan will be moving to the Indian Super League.

... the meeting between the national and continental committee is to solve the longstanding muddle over the two leagues in India – Indian Super League (ISL) and I-League. The Indian FA have prepared a roadmap and will submit the same in the Asian territory. They have invited all concerned parties to Kuala Lampur from the ISL and I-League to resolve this conundrum.

The AIFF leadership group including the president Praful Patel and general secretary Kushal Patel has held meetings with AFC General Secretary Dato Windsor John when he visited India.

When the AFC officials met the AIFF officials in Malaysia last week, all grievances from all clubs were taken into account and the roadmap was completely formulated. The AIFF had early communicated its decision to make the ISL the defacto top league in India by handling the AFC Champions League preliminary round spot, which the I-League clubs had enjoyed, from the 2019/20 season.

https://www.thesportsrush.com/isl-news-mohun-bagan-and-east-bengal-set-to-join-indian-super-league/

Also this article.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: October 23, 2019, 12:09:39 PM »
WATCH: Daneil Cyrus gets off the mark for his new club when he scores the opening goal in Mohun Bagan's 2-0 win over TC Sports Club

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ZFUoCFP6Y_o?start=434" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ZFUoCFP6Y_o?start=434</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: October 23, 2019, 01:11:06 PM »
Look how Cyrus welcomes his international retirement ...

Anyhow Cyrus go on ah goal scoring streak, some man loss dey wuk. :)

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: October 23, 2019, 01:30:13 PM »
Good for Cyrus, happy for him. Might be worth a shot to should try him in the midfield.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: October 23, 2019, 01:32:56 PM »
Good for Cyrus, happy for him. Might be worth a shot to should try him in the midfield.

He was a striker at the U-17 level.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: October 23, 2019, 01:37:25 PM »

Nah, that ship sailed. As de older folks use to say ... before time, but not now.

In the past I've thought he could play in MF, but I think he's too slow now. In my view that window of opportunity passed. As it is, we need the middle to be playing at a faster clip than we have been witnessing. That is, if progress is the ambition.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 10, 2020, 06:28:14 AM »
WATCH: Defender Daneil Cyrus scores with a left-footed volley from 20-yards out to give Mohun Bagan a 1-0 win over Indian Arrows

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/DRUNT0fuUHg?start=105" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/DRUNT0fuUHg?start=105</a>

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 10, 2020, 01:11:23 PM »
How you mean Cyrus!!! Boss goal, like yuhself!

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #228 on: July 19, 2020, 03:21:06 PM »
Mohun Bagan releases Daneil Cyrus.
T&T Guardian Reports.

National defender Daneil Cyrus, 29, has been released by Mohun Bagan after helping the club to the I-League crown.

Last month, I-League winners Mohun Bagan merged with three-time Indian Super League (ISL) champions ATK, which has ensured their participation in the Indian Super League (ISL) from the 2020-21 season.

In the merged entity, ATK, the original ISL franchise owned by Sanjiv Goenka’s RPSG Group, would have 80 per cent stake while the remaining 20 per cent would be with Mohun Bagan, who bagged the I-League title with four rounds to spare.

However, most of Mohun Bagan's players inclusive of Cyrus contracts ended on May 31, with only six of them having a year or multiple years left.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2020, 06:20:31 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #229 on: July 20, 2020, 06:20:45 AM »
FYI.

Daneil Cyrus was not release by Mohun Bagan as stated in the above Guardian article, he chose to leave for personal reasons.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Cyrus mulls quitting T&T team over border exemption
« Reply #230 on: August 03, 2020, 01:25:41 PM »
Cyrus mulls quitting T&T team over border exemption
By Narissa Fraser (T&T Newsday)

SIX T&T footballers – who were previously stuck in India and granted provisional exemptions – are now stranded in Barbados. They say since arriving, they have received no official communication from the National Security Ministry.

The players – Daneil Cyrus, Taryk Sampson, Marcus Joseph, Andre Ettienne, Marvin Phillip and Nathaniel Garcia – play in the Hero-I-League in India. The league eventually cancelled its remaining matches in April owing to the covid19 pandemic and they – along with three other players – were stranded.

After writing to the National Security Ministry for weeks, they were granted provisional exemptions to return home. This means: they must provide their confirmed route home, commitment to be quarantined and choice of quarantine – state or supervised – before final exemptions are granted.

The group of six managed to get a flight to get them to Barbados and had updated the ministry about this. They arrived last Tuesday.

Recently, five T&T students who were also stuck in India were repatriated to T&T and had used Barbados as their final stop point before home.

Cyrus told Newsday the group is frustrated, especially since accommodation is costing $US 400 a night.

“It have a flight with cricket (Caribbean Premier League) players from Barbados (to T&T) on Monday (at 6 pm) and these people not allowing us to come home.

“It have no excuse now ‘bout we too far. I’m tired now, we are just here and don’t know what going on.”

He added, “I e-mailed them about our situation and the response we got was to send everyone’s bio page on our passport and that’s it – nothing else. I ready to see my family.”

He said it is unfair that national footballers “who have done so much for this country” are being treated like this.

“I feel after this, I not going to play for the country again after this... It’s almost four months we fighting this to get closer to home. Now we’re in Barbados and nobody helping we.”

All six players were tested for covid19 on Saturday and received negative results on Sunday.

The players still in India include Radanfah Abu Bakr, Robert Primus and Willis Plaza.

Questions related to covid19 and exemptions were posed to National Security Minister Stuart Young at a press conference on Sunday morning, but he made it clear he was not there to discuss such matters.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: August 04, 2020, 11:31:26 AM »
COVID-19 to the rescue, oui ... where a weeping and a moaning and a gnashing of teeth didn't work.  :)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2020, 11:33:34 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #232 on: December 23, 2020, 04:00:41 PM »
Cyrus thanks Hadad: 'He lived up to his word'
By Jelani Beckles (T&T Newsday).

T&T men’s senior footballer Daneil Cyrus said he respects chairman of the normalisation committee Robert Hadad for sticking to his word and paying national footballers their salaries.

Among those who were liaising with the normalisation committee concerning salaries was the Coaches Steering Committee which includes Jefferson George, Wayne Sheppard, Angus Eve, Clayton Morris and Richard Hood. A member of that committee told Newsday at 5.30 pm on Tuesday that he had been paid.

Approximately 40 coaches and technical staff members of national senior and junior teams were owed money for various periods.

The coaches that had three-month contracts were paid in full, but coaches and staff with longer contracts received 50 per cent of their salaries. All the players are expected to get paid in full.

Cyrus, who could not recall the length of time he was not paid, said the footballers are breadwinners for their families and he was grateful. “To be honest the main focus for the players is to be fathers where they have to take care of their families.”

The defender said not being paid can affect team performance.

“It was kind of hampering with our performance in a way. I don’t want to make excuses where we were losing games and we were not doing good.”

Cyrus is delighted for the local players especially. “At the end of the day I was playing outside, but what about the other guys who were playing home where the (TT Pro League and TT Super) League were not playing for a while where plenty players did not get a salary for a long time and they were looking out for this money…Hadad came in and as he came in he started to show progress.”

Over the last two years, Cyrus has had stints with Mohun Bagan AC in India and Erbil SC in Iraq.

The payment of salaries is a Christmas gift, according to Cyrus. “I am happy to see some of the players receive this money because it is close to Christmas where you have a family and everything (to take care of).”

Cyrus, 30, has 90 caps for T&T after making his debut in 2010.

Cyrus was satisfied that Hadad stayed true to his word. “I spoke to Hadad and I asked him if I could hold him to his word and he said, ‘Yes.’ Most of us had a conversation and he lived up to his word, so I respect him full 100 (per cent) for this.”

This is the first time national players and coaches will be paid since the normalisation committee was formed by FIFA in March to run local football. The normalisation committee inherited a debt of over $50 million and the committee has been trying to reduce that debt and pay outstanding salaries.

In November, FIFA lifted a two-month suspension on the TTFA and T&T are now free to compete in FIFA-sanctioned tournaments such as World Cup qualifiers that begin in March. The TTFA, formerly led by William Wallace, was involved in an eight-month court battle with FIFA over its decision to appoint the normalisation committee and remove the TTFA executive.

With the suspension being lifted and players and coaches being paid, Cyrus said local football is on the right path.

“The direction is good, everything going good so far,” he said.

Defender Radanfah Abu Bakr will not benefit from the payment of salaries as he last played for T&T in 2017.

He said if the situation continued it could have had a negative impact on players.

“The reality is that is your job as well. That is how you take care of your family…as much as you try to cross the white line and forget about those things it is inevitable when it is dragging on and on. It must take a toll on you mentally as well. For some guys it does inhibit you a bit when you are playing and when you training and maybe it does affect your commitment to the team.”

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: December 23, 2020, 05:50:43 PM »
Dayum, son ... I missed de Iraq run. How long was that stint?

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: December 23, 2020, 06:18:01 PM »
So How much funding did FIFA see it fit to give the normalization committee to make these payments? How much was disbursed? How much is left ? What are the outstanding debts ? What is the status of present long term contracts? How are they to be honoured? Where is funding for up coming tournaments and for how many teams ? Is there a women’s team payment and any up coming programs/camps ? What about creditors and current court cases/debts ?

Nice to know ppl getting paid, but is it all secrets? Till next time ? Do we have another sponsor other than FIFA? Should the ppl of TT care where the money comes from and going ? Is taxes withheld or all money in and out of TT tax exempt?

Why I does have to declare whatever funds over 10 k I NOT travelling with on a form ? If I had, could I say , I got it from FIFA?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: December 23, 2020, 06:33:14 PM »

I missed it too, but I don't know if he has actually played yet.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: December 23, 2020, 08:16:44 PM »

I missed it too, but I don't know if he has actually played yet.

Oh! The way Alibey wrote that I thought he meant after Saudi Arabia and before Mohun. I missed it either way.  :)
« Last Edit: December 23, 2020, 08:18:32 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: December 24, 2020, 11:13:56 AM »

I was also harsh on Cyrus when emotions we high and he keep muckin' up, but I remember 'Seeker and a couple other's comments when I re-watch this match recently - that coaches keep picking him for a reason.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/aln_y3LUXVY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/aln_y3LUXVY</a>
He remind me of Dennis Lawrence so much - a huge f**k up (in my opinion) and inconsistent character until Beenhaker straighten him out in his twilight years. Maybe lightning will strike twice and the right coach will put him in the right place.
But to me his control and speed with the ball here (at least in this over 5 yr old video)  *for a tall fella* isn't too bad. 
Of course everything in context with what other options we have if any.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2020, 11:16:08 AM by kounty »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 08, 2021, 01:31:27 PM »
Defender Daneil Cyrus has joined Thai League 2 club, Chainat Hornbill FC.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: July 08, 2021, 03:36:08 PM »
Cyrus on trial at Genk following Beenhakker’s tip
T&T Guardian Reports

T&T defender Daneil Cyrus is now on trial with Belgium Premier Division club Racing Genk. Cyrus, currently attached to local club W Connection began his trial on Thursday and will be seen by head coach Mario Been.

Cyrus’ national teammate Khaleem Hyland is currently one of the starters and featured players for Genk. The trial followed after recommendation from TTFA Director of Football Leo Beenhakker following Cyrus’ solid showing at the 2013 Concacaf Gold Cup

“I got my visa to travel earlier this week and I’m ready for it. It’s an opportunity like this I’ve wanted and I intend to give it my best shot,” Cyrus said.

Racing Genk plays in the Belgian Pro League and they have won 3 Belgian champion titles in 1998–99, in 2001–02 and in 2010–11 as well as 4 Belgian Cups, most recently in 2008–09 and in 2012–13. In 2012 Genk made a profit of 28 million euro after participating in the Champions League group stage, and the Sales of players like Thibaut Courtois and Kevin De Bruyne to Chelsea FC.

From a guy who had this opportunity
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

1]; } ?>