April 18, 2024, 06:30:59 PM

Author Topic: CIC keeper for Chelsea FC training stint.  (Read 3099 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
CIC keeper for Chelsea FC training stint.
« on: July 21, 2011, 10:00:13 AM »
By: Maya Mc Millan.

Isaiah Austin, a form-2 St Mary’s College student is fulfilling his football dream to train with one of the world’s top professional football club. Isaiah Austin is presently training with the CIC under 14 football team with hopes of making the final cut.

From a tender age young Austin always wanted to play the role of what he considers a critical position on any football team, the goalie.

He played with his primary school team at St. Xaviers private school and also SKY FC. Austin is fascinated by the football accomplishments of his idol Shaka Hislop who also started his football career at St Mary's College (CIC).

This 5'-11" football fanatic has been training with Clayton Morris and Michael Maurice getting every bit of professional advice and mentoring to assist in his dream of becoming a football star.

Isaiah Austin leaves for London (traveling alone) on the 26th of July 2011 to start his 2 week goalie training with Chelsea FC Foundation, Chelsea Football Club, all expenses are funded by his parents who are 100% in full support of Isaiah’s dream and what this early exposure can do to help shape their son’s character on and off the field.

This trip was also prompted because of the absence of a clinic or training camps for goal keepers only in Trinidad, something for the local football fraternity to look into.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 10:13:21 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: CIC keeper for Chelsea FC training sting.
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011, 10:03:31 AM »

Isaiah Austin, a form-2 St Mary’s College student is fulfilling his football dream to train with one of the world’s top professional football club. Isaiah Austin is presently training with the CIC under 14 football team with hopes of making the final cut.

From a tender age young Austin always wanted to play the role of what he considers a critical position on any football team, the goalie.

He played with his primary school team at St. Xaviers private school and also SKY FC. Austin is fascinated by the football accomplishments of his idol Shaka Hislop who also started his football career at St Mary's College (CIC).

This 5'-11" football fanatic has been training with Clayton Morris and Michael Maurice getting every bit of professional advice and mentoring to assist in his dream of becoming a football star.

Isaiah Austin leaves for London (traveling alone) on the 26th of July 2011 to start his 2 week goalie training with Chelsea FC Foundation, Chelsea Football Club, all expenses are funded by his parents who are 100% in full support of Isaiah’s dream and what this early exposure can do to help shape their son’s character on and off the field.

This trip was also prompted because of the absence of a clinic or training camps for goal keepers only in Trinidad, something for the local football fraternity to look into.

5'11' in Form 2.... wha whaaa

They might sign him on that alone
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 10:13:32 AM by Flex »
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: CIC keeper for Chelsea FC training stint.
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 11:10:49 AM »
Now that is good news - Thanks to parents and who knows the next Shaka in the making. Of course he made a wise decision about going to Chelsea.

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2011, 05:05:38 PM »
This is GREAT news!!! But what they feedin that youth? GROWING MASH???

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2011, 05:32:44 PM »
He and his family thinking different and taking a chance. Financial resources not withstanding that kind of conviction and drive is what it takes to separate from the pack and succeed and what so much of our players, administrators and coaches lack.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
Re: CIC keeper for Chelsea FC training sting.
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2011, 05:50:17 PM »

5'9 and I'mm wellllll out offf form 2 lol

5'11' in Form 2.... wha whaaa

They might sign him on that alone

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2011, 07:38:54 PM »

Breast fed is bess fed

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2011, 10:52:41 PM »
good luck to the youth  :beermug:

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2011, 12:33:51 AM »
Folks, not trying to fight down de kid, but this is a training camp which any child can signup to. Chelsea have hundreds of these camps. It is not in any way a trial with Chelsea.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2011, 07:20:59 AM »
Folks, not trying to fight down de kid, but this is a training camp which any child can signup to. Chelsea have hundreds of these camps. It is not in any way a trial with Chelsea.

lol I think everyone recognizes it's just a training camp/clinic and not a trial with Chelsea ... His parents are fully paying for it etc...

It's a form 2 student trying out for his U-14 school team afterall..
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline benedicts bwoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2011, 08:28:59 AM »

Breast fed is bess fed
;D ;D  Double dat

Offline Dansteel - The Iceman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2011, 08:29:54 AM »

lol I think everyone recognizes it's just a training camp/clinic and not a trial with Chelsea ... His parents are fully paying for it etc...

Wait till he turn out to be de next Shaka. Intercol's coming home!
Victoria concordia crescit

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2011, 08:45:59 AM »
if he turn out tuh be ah daimond in d rough...

he goe do d most noblest of things and transfer to d school around d savannah opposite d coconut vendors...by Hayes street dey
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline Dansteel - The Iceman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2011, 09:00:38 AM »
if he turn out tuh be ah daimond in d rough...

he goe do d most noblest of things and transfer to d school around d savannah opposite d coconut vendors...by Hayes street dey

Yuh mean St. Clair Govt. Secondary?

;D
Victoria concordia crescit

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2011, 12:04:51 PM »

I would hope everyone would... but not so sure in light of the some of the 'congratulatory' and excited posts.  Still it's better than no opportunity at all.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2011, 02:59:05 PM »
He and his family thinking different and taking a chance. Financial resources not withstanding that kind of conviction and drive is what it takes to separate from the pack and succeed and what so much of our players, administrators and coaches lack.
      Aye Breds we eh lack nothing,one kid from T&T going on ah little training stint and everybody getting blown out of proportion by it,out here that's the norm once you have the money you can do anything,i just did some training with a kid about a month ago that going to Barca for a training stint.It have companies that offer packages for teams etc that want to go to these clubs for training.
     Which parent in T&T spending that kind of money on Football,Coaches want to be paid but players want to play for free,i've played all my life and never had to pay a cent to play this game but times have changed,everybody is Pro,if you want the best you got to pay for it,every child that plays Soccer in the US pays to play,in that way you are covered by insurance etc etc .   

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2011, 04:19:21 PM »
      Aye Breds we eh lack nothing,one kid from T&T going on ah little training stint and everybody getting blown out of proportion by it,out here that's the norm once you have the money you can do anything,i just did some training with a kid about a month ago that going to Barca for a training stint.It have companies that offer packages for teams etc that want to go to these clubs for training.
     Which parent in T&T spending that kind of money on Football,Coaches want to be paid but players want to play for free,i've played all my life and never had to pay a cent to play this game but times have changed,everybody is Pro,if you want the best you got to pay for it,every child that plays Soccer in the US pays to play,in that way you are covered by insurance etc etc .   

Coops plenty people in T&T have money to do that. Its obviously not a trial, and they have to pay for it. But its shows a little initiative. Sometimes a little investment can make a difference years down the road. If you have money or can raise funds why be restricted to learning or competition from local sources only. Plus you most of them want to play abroad so why not get them used to foreign from small? Sancho said homesickness is one of the biggest problems for footballers overseas. If I were a club owner I would consider sending one or two 'special players' abroad for two months to an academy or to try and make a squad and have them see what its like to be just ordinary and have to work for their spot.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 04:22:48 PM by ZANDOLIE »
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2011, 04:39:08 PM »
......I glad fuh de yute (even tho he a cic fella) but I eh really see wha's de big deal. For those that could afford it, the parents of young, aspiring GK's have, for decades, always had GK camps to send their children to, both in Europe and the usa. That they can now go to such camps at some of the world's biggest clubs just add a a lil' twist to it.  These clubs probably use it a a mini profitable way of discovering new prospects and some parents/players probably go there with the hope of being good enough to be discovered. The kinda valuable training these 'keepers go get and all other things considered, the only way dis yute man shouldn't make dat U-14 team with ease is if he comin' up against another young Shaka for the No.1 shirt. All the best to him.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2011, 04:39:19 PM »

Coops plenty people in T&T have money to do that. Its obviously not a trial, and they have to pay for it. But its shows a little initiative. Sometimes a little investment can make a difference years down the road. If you have money or can raise funds why be restricted to learning or competition from local sources only. Plus you most of them want to play abroad so why not get them used to foreign from small? Sancho said homesickness is one of the biggest problems for footballers overseas. If I were a club owner I would consider sending one or two 'special players' abroad for two months to an academy or to try and make a squad and have them see what its like to be just ordinary and have to work for their spot.
     I agree with you but as i said,we eh spending that kind of money on Football,is just Trini.

1]; } ?>