March 28, 2024, 08:24:45 AM

Author Topic: conflicting reports...  (Read 5109 times)

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
conflicting reports...
« on: October 22, 2005, 07:31:50 AM »
this was tken from the Trinidad Guardian..
By Jovan Ravello

With the air of a proud father, patron of local football, Austin Jack Warner, Concacaf president, FIFA vice-president and special adviser to the T&T Football Federation, yesterday announced Cabinet’s approval of $13.5 million for the Warriors’ home and away play-off against the Asian Zone’s Bahrain.

Warner had been lobbying for further support from both the Government and the corporate community and, after consultation with Minister of Sport and Youth Affairs Roger Boynes, T&TFF president Oliver Camps, Warner and other officials at the ministry, his pleas appear to have been clearly heard.

While admitting that at times he had been hard on the Government’s belated response to repeated calls for financial support, Warner intimated that the task has become less difficult with the assistance of the Government and the corporate community.

At yesterday’s press conference hosted by the T&TFF in the VIP lounge of the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo, Warner also divulged information concerning the November 12 and 16 play-off against Bahrain.

Warner told of a phone conversation with Sydney FC footballer and Warriors captain Dwight Yorke during which Yorke expressed a need for his players to be focussed on playing football and getting to the 2006 World Cup in Germany.

That chat ended with Warner pledging to double the match fees of each player, a gesture he said was well worth it because there is no price for the dedication shown by the players over the past couple months.

Warner went a step further to assuage fears among the players; he had approached FIFA on having the yellow cards held by players of both teams lifted, he was assured that if he submitted correspondence to the world body that the request will be examined, a course of action Warner said he would undertake on his visit to Zurich, Switzerland, on Monday.

He also noted that, despite contentious undertones within the two organisations, that the Guatemala Football Federation turned down the Bahrain team’s approach to have a training camp in their country ahead of the November 12 match, despite an attractive financial offer, in solidarity with its Concacaf neighbours.

Captain Horace Burrell of the Jamaican Football Federation was subsequently approached with a similar offer and, after speaking with Warner, it was decided that that country’s football federation would host the Asian zone team.

This, Warner pointed out, was beneficial to both T&T and the Bahrainians in that while it was offering them an opportunity to get acclimatised and to get a feel for the region’s style of play, it was a good opportunity for the T&T team’s scouts to get a closer look at their opponents.

That camp is scheduled to run from November 2 to 10.

Also reportedly on board as team sponsors are the National Gas Company, Unit Trust Corporation, Eastern Credit Union, Carib and BHP Billiton, who have joined current contributors KFC, TSTT, S M Jaleel makers of Busta soft drinks, Blue Waters and apparel sponsor Finta, who all reaffirmed their commitment to the cause.

And Warner revealed that German apparel company Adidas was in the country to make an approach to sponsor the team for the next four years, but noted that this was just a chip of the iceberg and that clothing superpower Puma was also expected to make an offer.

Also coming out of the meeting was a request that the services of Warriors’ coach Leo Beenhakker be retained for a further two to four years in order to utilise his expertise for training programmes.

The November 12 match at the Hasely Crawford Stadium is scheduled to begin at 6 pm and tickets will go on sale two days before the match at the regular outlets and on match day at the venue.

Request to the Government of T&T made by the T&TFF

1. Administrative cost (three months ending October 2005)

Includes salaries, rent, vehicle rental, telephone

2. Qualifying Games (three months ending October 2005)

Includes accommodation, accreditation and uniforms, FIFA/Concacaf, insurance, players match fees, printing of tickets, refreshments, security: $7,091,200.

3. For play-off matches T&T vs Bahrain

Includes hotel accommodation in Trinidad, departure tax, accommodation in Bahrain, match fees and bonus: $2,001,800.

4. Assistance with charter flight: $4,400,000

5. Broadcast rights for November 16 match: $315,000

Black Lives Matter..

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: conflicting reports...
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2005, 08:18:24 AM »

Captain Horace Burrell of the Jamaican Football Federation was subsequently approached with a similar offer and, after speaking with Warner, it was decided that that country’s football federation would host the Asian zone team.

Now allyuh tell meh if ah wrong.... but isnt BURRELL no longer head of the JFF... but this is what dey reporting? .... steups...... dey so friggin unprofessional!!
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

tempo

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2005, 10:01:27 AM »
All this talk about keeping Beenhakker on to train coaches. Isn't that the job of the TD. Everyone so happy about the Mexico game, I'm not sure if people seeing Jack is screwing Tiger. The man get 18 million for youth development and was the one who pushed for Beenhakker to be offered the job when Jack was about to give it Ron Atkinson and Jack ain't even give any pips ??? Wha going on?

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2005, 10:06:53 AM »
Why are we falling into another trap of propanganda?  let's not worry about those things which are out of our control. Consider ho wthe board was prior to the Mexico game? consider the positive vibes we had going?  consider why all these  propanganda is infilterating our board at this time? People with money and access to it could cause and reek havoc. Be aware folks that we do not get sucked in to all this. What is most important to us and our team at this time?

Offline Solo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2005, 10:25:06 AM »
we like tuh argue about some unnecessary shyte bwoy!

tempo

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2005, 10:30:10 AM »
I jus' see and hear men willing to let Jack do anything he want and that is never a good thing. Don't get me wrong, Jack is a boss but all I am saying is he is not the only one involved for the recent success of the team. I know Tiger was the one who wanted to bring Beenhakker to T&T and that was a brilliant move. It would be a shame if he were pushed out after laying the groundwork for future T&T teams. And Alberta, I sure men on this board are capable of discussing about more than one topic, so I dunno what money and propaganda you talking about, ya sound like Black Bush.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2005, 10:36:25 AM »
Well if you are not sure of what propangada I am talking about? just examine the number of disruptive postings relating to issues which  could potentially cause us to lose focus on what is really important? We are exerting energies on those elements which are out of our control; we have little influence in shaping  a positive aura from the externals but I know we could creat a positive aura  for the Warriors and players who may be reading these by being supportive and by backing  our endeavours despite the havoc around us.

tempo

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2005, 10:57:00 AM »
You say watch out for propaganda and I say watch out for hubris. Both are dangerous and easily embraced when a group that hasn't experienced much success all of a sudden is on the verge of a tremendous accomplishment. Yes, vibes it up but remember this, dissent does not mean a lack of patriotism. If you see s**t and don't say something you condone it and that is how people abuse power.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2005, 11:00:47 AM »
You say watch out for propaganda and I say watch out for hubris. Both are dangerous and easily embraced when a group that hasn't experienced much success all of a sudden is on the verge of a tremendous accomplishment. Yes, vibes it up but remember this, dissent does not mean a lack of patriotism. If you see s**t and don't say something you condone it and that is how people abuse power.

i totally agree if yuh see s**t yuh must say somthing.feel other people dont read this board and we representing the people of trini and they need to know how we feel on every topic :beermug:
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2005, 11:11:37 AM »
ah know we proud and we like we ole talk all ah saying is leh we eh  fall into dem men trap so that we get on  a neagtive vibe. I still content that we have to watch out for ill will propaganda which may have an intent to destroy.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2005, 11:21:23 AM »

i totally agree if yuh see s**t yuh must say somthing.feel other people dont read this board and we representing the people of trini and they need to know how we feel on every topic :beermug:

Fact is lincoln is not being screwed... Lincoln is an integral part of de process... he cant train de coaches by heself... other things are on his plate as well

tempo

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2005, 11:29:24 AM »
How you know Lincoln not getting mess up? Do you know for sure he played a part of the decision making to keep Beenhakker on? At best, I seeing a duplication of efforts. If a big part of Lincoln job is to train coaches and someone else is talked about being brought on to do just that without counsel or mention of the person presently filling that role, what is being said? Plus, I hear he ain't get paid for two months. So, you sure he ain't gettin screwed? :-\

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2005, 11:34:27 AM »
How you know Lincoln not getting mess up? Do you know for sure he played a part of the decision making to keep Beenhakker on? At best, I seeing a duplication of efforts. If a big part of Lincoln job is to train coaches and someone else is talked about being brought on to do just that without counsel or mention of the person presently filling that role, what is being said? Plus, I hear he ain't get paid for two months. So, you sure he ain't gettin screwed? :-\

Jus do a search on here and you will see numerous articles about Lincoln wanting to set up ah dutch system of organization and play for all youth levels... When Beenie came on... Lincoln said he would conduct courses for local coaches.. but de immediate need was for World Cup qualification... This forum and website has strong links to lincoln and rest assured he is doing his job unhindered...

read this from back in May

http://www.socawarriorssc.com/swonline/smf/index.php?topic=1480.msg8948#msg8948

now calm yo ass down
« Last Edit: October 22, 2005, 11:39:46 AM by FF »

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2005, 11:40:15 AM »
agreed this man has a good head on his shoulder and he indeed have plans in place long time

lincon iz ah good man :beermug:
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

tempo

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2005, 12:00:10 PM »
yes, lincoln is on record on saying he want to go dutch. but what makes you think that jack won't bypass lincoln an go straight to beenie or his assistants. unless jack say they report to lincoln an work within his program, I seeing a set up. You know we go bazodee when when european in town an are completely capable of messin up we own in the process.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2005, 01:05:04 PM »
Well if Beenhakker take us to Germany I think he deserve to run things, that alone is great credits. Nahkid was the one who recomended Beenhakker to T&T, he made the call and Lincoln backed it up because he wanted Dutch flavor also.

Lincoln Phillips is also a good man to have around and I am sure Beenhakker and Lincoln will continue to work hand in hand if anything. But both good people, Lincoln will play a big part and Leo could always fine tune.

Lets think positive.

tempo

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2005, 02:15:38 PM »
wrong. nakhid did not recommend beenie. nakhid had no idea about lincoln's dutch preference. lincoln knew about beenie from his stint at ajax and feyenoord. I know when lincoln mentioned beenhakker to nakhid, david was overjoyed.  let's get our facts straight fellas.    we always talk about we media not being accurate yet a simple question like who was responsible for pushing for beenie can't even be determined. why is this important? well, because men who real responsible for success become forgotten footnotes in history. Its happens more often than you think

truetrini

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2005, 05:03:48 PM »
wrong. nakhid did not recommend beenie. nakhid had no idea about lincoln's dutch preference. lincoln knew about beenie from his stint at ajax and feyenoord. I know when lincoln mentioned beenhakker to nakhid, david was overjoyed.  let's get our facts straight fellas.    we always talk about we media not being accurate yet a simple question like who was responsible for pushing for beenie can't even be determined. why is this important? well, because men who real responsible for success become forgotten footnotes in history. Its happens more often than you think

allyuh jes talking shit.

Lincoln have Beenie man number in he phone long time.

Nakid is ah arsehole..Lincoln told nakid about beenie man and not de odder way around.

I agree with tempo position!

I feel is ah set-up and Jack is being de jackass again.

watch de shit.

Is lincoln who say we should adopt ah dutch style and who it is dat hire Atkinson before consulting anybody?

And what was Shacka and Dwight position on atkinson?

steups.

1]; } ?>