April 18, 2024, 06:26:00 AM

Author Topic: MTV PUSH Artist Of The Week: Theophilus London  (Read 640 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
MTV PUSH Artist Of The Week: Theophilus London
« on: July 19, 2011, 02:02:49 PM »
MTV PUSH Artist Of The Week: Theophilus London
buzzworthy.mtv.com

New York rapper/singer Theophilus London is prepping for the release of his debut album, Timez Are Weird These Days, and we're celebrating accordingly, honoring him this week as MTV's PUSH artist of the week. But while his star is quickly rising, he's put in serious studio and stage time along the way. The Trinidad-born, Brooklyn-raised musician released numerous critically acclaimed EPs and mixtapes in recent years, including 2009's The Smiths-inspired "This Charming Mixtape," which earned the style-minded artist accolades from New York's scenester crowd. Lovers Holiday, an EP released earlier this year, spread London's name to the quasi-masses and led to an MTV.com "Live in NYC" show at New York's Webster Hall. And we've got exclusive Theophilus London interviews and live performances to get you all caught up in case you were just joining his career in progress.

First, watch a live version of "Why Even Try" from "Live in NYC," then check out Theophilus London discussing his high school days spent battling other Brooklyn rappers for cred and female attention, see what Kanye West told him about releasing an "aggressive single" and hear all about the troubles people still have with pronouncing his first name.

London also gets emotional returning to Webster Hall, the site of his first big show, and waxes on the influence of his home city: "New York is the reason I feel comfortable wherever else I go in the world." Once you're up on London's background, check out the rapper/singer's exhilarating performances of "Wine and Chocolates" and "Flying Overseas" from "Live In NYC."

Timez Are Weird These Days is out July 19.

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: MTV PUSH Artist Of The Week: Theophilus London
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, 09:41:14 PM »
I like every one of his songs that I've heard.

Heard him for the first time on  MTVU

Well done Trini!

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: MTV PUSH Artist Of The Week: Theophilus London
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 09:21:48 AM »
only reading bout this guy in the mens mags i read from time to time...got to check him out now.

1]; } ?>