April 18, 2024, 11:29:51 PM

Author Topic: Backheel PK disrespectful?  (Read 6408 times)

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Backheel PK disrespectful?
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2011, 11:20:21 AM »
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Ah couldn't help but laugh for dis one.....See if yuh want tuh be fancy when taking pk's and it ain work take egg in yuh face

the yellow card is the salt in the wound or icing on de cake depending on your point of view.

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2011, 12:45:50 PM »
I feel Islamic countries shouldn't be allowed in International football just because they take everything as an insult and feel they have to follow up on that.. This warlike mentality and religious beliefs really have no place in football.. b.c football is it's own religion.

I am not saying all islamic ppl are like this but it seems that it stems from someone and then blown out of proportion.

EG: yeah we loss but ah man score ah disrespectful goal so we hadda beat up their fans for revenge or write the other team FA so that player gets banned..

TAKE UR LICKS, LEARN TO PLAY THE GAME AND SHUT THE %@#$! UP.. NO ONE CARES ABOUT ARABIC FOOTBALL.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 12:47:47 PM by sHOTTA12 »

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2011, 03:02:36 PM »
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Ah couldn't help but laugh for dis one.....See if yuh want tuh be fancy when taking pk's and it ain work take egg in yuh face

the yellow card is the salt in the wound or icing on de cake depending on your point of view.

To be honest I didn't even notice he got a yellow card, I just notice how solider was feeling shame....I don't understand why he got a card though, he took his pk and missed. Maybe it was unsportsmanlike conduct?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2011, 03:14:33 PM »
 :rotfl:

the run and stop penalty is a normal thing now. but he could help but laugh when he fall down. But I remenber an A colts against Trinity, where the Trinity player kick the penalty by the corner flag.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2011, 03:58:59 PM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: nah dis one rel funny fuh truth!!!
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline chinee boi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2011, 05:12:14 PM »
not disrespectful but next time he touch de ball, a little kick to he shin ain't go hurt ;D

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2011, 06:18:09 PM »
To be honest I didn't even notice he got a yellow card, I just notice how solider was feeling shame....I don't understand why he got a card though, he took his pk and missed. Maybe it was unsportsmanlike conduct?

Bingo... yuh can't run up and then fake the kick, FIFA ruled that's unsporting back in 2002 ah think.  Automatic yellow and any goal is disallowed.

:rotfl:

the run and stop penalty is a normal thing now. but he could help but laugh when he fall down. But I remenber an A colts against Trinity, where the Trinity player kick the penalty by the corner flag.

Yuh could slow down, or pause... yuh can't come tuh a stop then kick.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
UAE footballer Theyab Awana dies following car accident
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2011, 04:56:45 AM »
UAE footballer Theyab Awana dies following car accident
guardian.co.uk

The United Arab Emirates winger Theyab Awana, who became an internet sensation when he scored a back-heeled penalty this summer, has died following a car accident.

The country's football federation confirmed that the 21-year-old, who also played for the UAE club Bani Yas, was killed while travelling back from training in Al Ain to Abu Dhabi.

Awana was considered a rising star in the UAE team, but his biggest claim to fame was the back-heeled penalty he scored in a 6-2 win over Lebanon in July, for which he was reprimanded by the then coach Srecko Katanec.

The roads in the United Arab Emirates are among the region's most dangerous. A goalkeeper for the under-23 side was badly injured in a car crash last year.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Poor fella
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2011, 07:58:13 AM »
Awana killed in crash
September 26, 2011

A footballer who became an internet sensation after scoring a back-heeled penalty earlier this year has been killed in a car crash.

Theyab Awana became an internet sensation for his back-heeled penalty
United Arab Emirates midfielder Theyab Awana, 21, died after being involved in an accident when travelling back from training in Al Ain to Abu Dhabi, the country's football federation has confirmed.

Awana was considered one of the country's emerging talents but is best remembered for scoring a controversial 78th-minute penalty in the UAE's 7-2 international friendly win over Lebanon in July.

Awana slotted home the spot-kick with his heel after running backwards towards the spot. He was shown a yellow card at the time and immediately substituted by coach Srecko Katanec.

Footage of the penalty was subsequently circulated on the web and has received well over a million hits on YouTube.
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2011, 05:53:04 PM »
Its very sad how this talented footballer has now died!  :(

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2041938/Backheel-penalty-sensation-Theyab-Awana-killed-car-crash.html

UAE's backheel penalty sensation Awana tragically killed in car crash
By Sportsmail Reporter
Last updated at 11:15 AM on 26th September 2011

A footballer who became an internet sensation after scoring a backheeled penalty earlier this year has been killed in a car crash.

United Arab Emirates midfielder Theyab Awana, 21, died after being involved in an accident when travelling back from training in Al Ain to Abu Dhabi, the country's football federation have confirmed.

Awana was considered one of the country's emerging talents but is best remembered for scoring a controversial 78th-minute penalty in the UAE's 7-2 international friendly win over Lebanon in July.

VIDEO: Awana's incredible penalty
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/xcSY-MVE6ZU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/xcSY-MVE6ZU</a>
Awana slotted home the spot-kick with his heel after running backwards towards the spot. He was shown a yellow card at the time and immediately substituted by coach Srecko Katanec.

Footage of the penalty was subsequently circulated on the web and has received well over a million hits on YouTube.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 06:01:10 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2011, 07:04:38 PM »
Condolences to his family and club.

1]; } ?>