April 25, 2024, 01:36:14 PM

Author Topic: Email making the rounds down here  (Read 8939 times)

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Email making the rounds down here
« Reply #60 on: July 08, 2011, 07:12:50 AM »
Well either Chin going real far to discredit dis story or someting fishy.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/j1MAhGgJLn0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/j1MAhGgJLn0</a>
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 08, 2011, 07:49:00 AM »

The employment benefits will be huge, said Chin, ever the entrepreneur, who only on June 29 formally opened Texas de Brazile at Fiesta Plaza, MovieTowne, Audrey Jeffers Highway.

Aka Fogo de Chao  ::)

Hoss yuh know great food.  My favorite restaurant, bar none....
Arimian to meh heart

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 08, 2011, 08:05:06 AM »
Good work by TV6......Leh we see what the police go say...
Arimian to meh heart

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 08, 2011, 08:10:45 AM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/j1MAhGgJLn0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/j1MAhGgJLn0</a>

A few questions..

1. It seems that a major premise for doubt that the incident occurred is based on the assumption that the security officer (Ms. Charles) was paying attention/looking on/doing her job at the time it took place. Why is her simply saying "i eh see nutten" carrying so much weight, especially if she has a motive to cover her ass?

2. For an accurate re-enactment, why didn't the news reporter scream from inside the vehicle with the passenger side window up as described in the victim's account?

3. Based on the account of the victims, the attack lasted a little less than 2 minutes. Based on the footage, was it 1:23 mins between the couple passing the concessions booth and reaching to the guard booth, or 1:23 mins they saying it took for the attack to happen? Because in the grand scheme of things, that isn't a big discrepancy as is being suggested.

So what is ultimately being suggested here? That the man calmly walk out of movietowne into the car park, enter his vehicle, buss his own head then drive to the guard booth within 2 minutes with a whole make up story??

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 08, 2011, 08:20:08 AM »

A few questions..

1. It seems that a major premise for doubt that the incident occurred is based on the assumption that the security officer (Ms. Charles) was paying attention/looking on/doing her job at the time it took place. Why is her simply saying "i eh see nutten" carrying so much weight, especially if she has a motive to cover her ass?

2. For an accurate re-enactment, why didn't the news reporter scream from inside the vehicle with the passenger side window up as described in the victim's account?

3. Based on the account of the victims, the attack lasted a little less than 2 minutes. Based on the footage, was it 1:23 mins between the couple passing the concessions booth and reaching to the guard booth, or 1:23 mins they saying it took for the attack to happen? Because in the grand scheme of things, that isn't a big discrepancy as is being suggested.

So what is ultimately being suggested here? That the man calmly walk out of movietowne into the car park, enter his vehicle, buss his own head then drive to the guard booth within 2 minutes with a whole make up story??

Me eh sure what to believe. Dahs why I said...either Chin going real far to discredit dis...or someting fishy. Initially it had doubt over the availability of the footage from the cameras ent?

It supposed to have part 2 tonite..buh I eh go be able to watch it. I didnt even watch dis..some man record it and put it up...maybe he would do dat for part 2 as well.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 08:24:56 AM by Bourbon »
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 08, 2011, 01:18:25 PM »
So... what was the objective, just to beat him on he forri'd with a gun?

Not saying it didn't happen... but sounds kinda fishy to me (Facebook "confirmation" notwithstanding).  Surprise it not in the news either.

From the beginning it sounded fishy to me.  Now me eh no bandit but it just doesn't make sense to me that they would act as alleged.  You's ah bandit and yuh have a gun in yuh hand... presumably pointed at the driver... driver start to fight back, but instead ah shooting him, yuh decide tuh pistol whip him instead?

Oh... but wait, de man say he was able to somehow grab de gun and block de trigger...ent?  Okay.

Oh, but wait again... so how de bandit happen to beat him on he head with the gun while he was holding it at the same time?  Ent he dragging de bandit all dis time?  And why de bandit leave him alone in de end when he had the upper hand (regaining control of the gun)?

Again... not saying it didn't happen, but the account still doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense to me.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 08, 2011, 08:51:21 PM »
people sounding like they lying , all the evidence brought so far , disproves their whole story

Part 2, to the story on tv news
http://www.tv6tnt.tv/TV6_Brightcove/default2.html

edit: oh also the injuries the man sustained doesn't match the blows he say he get.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 08:54:03 PM by D.H.W »
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 08, 2011, 10:01:53 PM »
 Playing with my Colt Python (.357) here and I can't see him blocking the trigger... especially if the robber had proper pistol grip...
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 10:09:26 PM by Daft Trini »

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 08, 2011, 11:39:51 PM »
So... what was the objective, just to beat him on he forri'd with a gun?

Not saying it didn't happen... but sounds kinda fishy to me (Facebook "confirmation" notwithstanding).  Surprise it not in the news either.

From the beginning it sounded fishy to me.  Now me eh no bandit but it just doesn't make sense to me that they would act as alleged.  You's ah bandit and yuh have a gun in yuh hand... presumably pointed at the driver... driver start to fight back, but instead ah shooting him, yuh decide tuh pistol whip him instead?

Oh... but wait, de man say he was able to somehow grab de gun and block de trigger...ent?  Okay.

Oh, but wait again... so how de bandit happen to beat him on he head with the gun while he was holding it at the same time?  Ent he dragging de bandit all dis time?  And why de bandit leave him alone in de end when he had the upper hand (regaining control of the gun)?

Again... not saying it didn't happen, but the account still doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense to me.

Read the email again.  Only the first blow was with the gun, while subsequent blows were with something else.

My brother-in-law at that instance put his glass down only to receive a gashing blow with the gun to his forehead. The bandit then pushed the gun into his chest and he (my bother-in-law) grabbed it placing one of his finger behind the trigger and holding the barrel securely.  With death facing both of them in the face, the bandit continued to hit him continuously with a metal object bursting his head open in several places.

Sounds like something made of metal in the bandit's other hand.

Also what dinho said, that re-enactment was useless since from the email, the woman's window was up.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 09, 2011, 12:44:56 AM »

Read the email again.  Only the first blow was with the gun, while subsequent blows were with something else.

My brother-in-law at that instance put his glass down only to receive a gashing blow with the gun to his forehead. The bandit then pushed the gun into his chest and he (my bother-in-law) grabbed it placing one of his finger behind the trigger and holding the barrel securely.  With death facing both of them in the face, the bandit continued to hit him continuously with a metal object bursting his head open in several places.

Sounds like something made of metal in the bandit's other hand.

Also what dinho said, that re-enactment was useless since from the email, the woman's window was up.

That only strengthening my argument...

It says in the video that the bandit point a gun to him and almost simultaneously (I eh going back to read it) reach in and was trying to open the door with is other hand.  He also say that the bandit had something else in his other hand.  I find it kinda incredulous that a bandit rush up to him with both a gun and a piece ah iron in he hand (just in case de fella grab he gun nah)... and then on top of that was trying to open the door with the piece ah metal in he hand.  But anyways...

Scenario 1- The bandit right-handed

Bandit points a gun at him (presumably with the bandit's dominant right hand) and he grabs hold of the gun.  Bandit then begins bashing him with weaker left hand... bandit have to contort heself kinda funny to deliver them left-handed blows.  Maybe he was hitting him some backhand shots tuh de forrid Federer style.  Unlikely.

Scenario 2- The bandit left-handed

Bandit points a gun at him (presumably with the bandit's dominant left hand) and he grabs hold of the gun.  Bandit then begins bashing him with weaker right hand... bandit could comfortably deliver them blows with a weaker left hand... but how much force is debatable.  Maybe de bandit was ambidextrous?  And mind you... the man had bandage all in the back ah he head.  Ah guess he was ducking or turning away from de blows.

At either rate... so the bandit was beating him with the metal while he holding the gun... and he fumbling to "slap" de vehicle into gear.  So what stopped the attack?  De bandit give up?  At some point the bandit get the gun away from him because he didn't end up with it... and he never drag the bandit with the car?  So bandit get the gun away from him and just let them go... no shots?  This is what first had me skeptical.  We ent even start tuh talk about the other two nincompoop bandits by de wife window... who was helpless to help they pardna because she shatter-resistant bullet proof window was up, preventing them from harming she fuh de entire two mins.

Yeah... call me a skeptic.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 09, 2011, 02:57:33 AM »
Nah the bandit on the man's side never tried to open the door.  He ordered the man to open it.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 09, 2011, 04:35:30 AM »
maybe de gun wasnt loaded, or was fake?

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 09, 2011, 07:50:29 AM »
the people lying, alyuh aint see the tape last nite?. Not even the video of the car had anything happening around it. None of d injuries d man claim he get consistant with blunt force trauma.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 09:12:11 AM by D.H.W »
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 09, 2011, 08:53:27 AM »
Playing with my Colt Python (.357) here and I can't see him blocking the trigger... especially if the robber had proper pistol grip...

Thanks for jumping all over this opportunity to advertise to the forum that you own a gun, but nowhere in the email does it mention anything about a Colt Python.

Does anyone have a link for part 2?

Until someone suggests a plausible reason why this couple would fake the incident I will give them the benefit of the doubt. At the end of the day, the email was nothing more than a knee jerk victim's recount of a traumatic incident not a court disposition. I never expected it to be an iron clad story.

If we really want to be skeptical, how about we look at the article on page 2 of this thread that shows just how close Derek Chin is with this government and align that with the media's strong motivation to help him in discrediting the victim's account?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 09, 2011, 10:26:18 AM »
Nah the bandit on the man's side never tried to open the door.  He ordered the man to open it.

Lawd  ::)

... in the video the man demonstrate how the bandit press the gun against he chest and at the same time was trying to open the door.

That crossed my mind... and remains a possibility... although I still find it hard that he'd run up to the car with both a gun and a piece ah iron in he hand.  But anything's possible.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 09, 2011, 12:01:23 PM »

Lawd  ::)

... in the video the man demonstrate how the bandit press the gun against he chest and at the same time was trying to open the door.

That crossed my mind... and remains a possibility... although I still find it hard that he'd run up to the car with both a gun and a piece ah iron in he hand.  But anything's possible.

You're right, I forgot about that video.
Still it's easy for him to point the gun, try to open the door with one hand, then when the victim grabbed the gun, the bandit could pull something else from his pocket to hit the man with.

I not sayin it not fishy, but some things can be explained.

The weird part for me is the 2 bandits on the lady's side.  Why didn't they break the glass? Is it that they just green?   I don't think anyone said that they were armed so maybe they were hoping they would be able to pull it off easily with only one gun.  Then when the victim resisted they got deflated.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 09, 2011, 12:52:25 PM »

You're right, I forgot about that video.
Still it's easy for him to point the gun, try to open the door with one hand, then when the victim grabbed the gun, the bandit could pull something else from his pocket to hit the man with.

I not sayin it not fishy, but some things can be explained.

The weird part for me is the 2 bandits on the lady's side.  Why didn't they break the glass? Is it that they just green?   I don't think anyone said that they were armed so maybe they were hoping they would be able to pull it off easily with only one gun.  Then when the victim resisted they got deflated.

As I say, anything is possible... "truth" as they say, "is stranger than fiction".

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 09, 2011, 03:35:08 PM »
So does anybody have the link to part two??!!  Ah miss both parts (thanks Bourbon for part one) and now ah curious to see part two........

Until someone suggests a plausible reason why this couple would fake the incident I will give them the benefit of the doubt.

That makes two of us.....
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 03:47:09 PM by Brownsugar »
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 21, 2011, 07:46:39 AM »
and it continues...

Cinema boss and couple square off
Assault claimed at MovieTowne

By Kim Boodram

THE couple who last month claimed to have been assaulted at MovieTowne in Port of Spain said yesterday their are sticking to they story — even as MovieTowne boss, Derek Chin, prepares to take legal action against them for defaming his business.

Emile and Tara Dean, who were interviewed yesterday at the St Clair office of their attorney, Larry Lalla, have insisted they were the victims of a crime and said they are now being treated like criminals.

In a telephone interview yesterday, Chin maintained that the couple were being dishonest.

Both parties now want their names cleared, with the Deans saying they don't want any form of compensation from MovieTowne but they want the popular entertainment centre to own up to its security lapses.

The couple's claims were first made public in an e-mail circulated by a relative on June 20, detailing an assault incident in the western carpark of MovieTowne at Invaders' Bay.

The e-mail stated that on June 18, the couple were attacked at their car after leaving a movie around 11.40 p.m., with Emile Dean being beaten about the head with a gun and a piece of iron. The woman was already seated in the left front seat and her husband was about to settle in the driver's seat.

The couple said their attacker eventually fled, after struggling with Emile Dean for some time, by jumping into a car with other men and driving off.

They also accused the MovieTowne security guards of first ignoring their plight and then being unhelpful.

The Deans took issue with a paid advertisement of MovieTowne which claimed they have refused to cooperate with either the cinema or the police and that there are "significant discrepancies" in their story when compared to video footage of the period in question.

The couple also said they were treated badly by the police, who they claimed first accused them of lying, then suggested they apologise to MovieTowne.

"This has been a nightmare," said Emile Dean, who has the remains of stitches and lacerations around his scalp.

Tara Dean said they were traumatised in the week following the incident and were also unsure of whether they should pursue the matter.

They eventually called on attorney Lalla and a report was made at the Four Roads Police Station on July 8.

Tara Dean said the family has, in the midst of the MovieTowne affair, also had a series of serious family issues to deal with and this has made it difficult to be available at all times.

Lalla said: "They have not made any call for compensation, which points to the fact that they are telling the truth."

Chin said yesterday his lawyers, of the firm JD Sellier and Company, have sent letters to the couple and another relative, advising them of his intention to take legal action for the defamation of his facility.

He added that he has been hurt by the allegations made against MovieTowne, as he takes the well-being of his patrons seriously.

Detectives from the Four Roads Police Station CID said yesterday the matter was being investigated but declined to comment further.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 21, 2011, 08:07:21 AM »
and it continues...

Cinema boss and couple square off
Assault claimed at MovieTowne

By Kim Boodram

THE couple who last month claimed to have been assaulted at MovieTowne in Port of Spain said yesterday their are sticking to they story —

First f-ing sentence? steups...

Dunno what to say about this Chin fella nuh...  He is doing himself no favors by playing this role, even if he were right. 
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 08:40:28 AM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 21, 2011, 10:37:23 AM »
He caught between a rock and a hard place though... do nutten and people with money go be wary of patronizing de place (ah say "people with money" because yuh know de raggamuffin go still show up), fight it and yuh end up looking heavy-handed.  One thing for sure, if this is a lie... it's one heckuva elaborate lie... and to what end?

1]; } ?>