April 28, 2024, 08:58:50 PM

Author Topic: T&T held 1-1 by Curacao  (Read 3222 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
T&T held 1-1 by Curacao
« on: July 22, 2011, 04:51:10 AM »
T&T held 1-1 by Curacao
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFF)

Trinidad and Tobago’s Under 23 footballers will have to play their final Group B Olympic qualifier going for a win after being held to a 1-1 draw by Curacao in their second match at Windsor Park on Thursday night.

T&T could not achieve their second straight win, despite playing against a Curacao team that was reduced to nine men in the second half.

Midfielder Marcus Joseph put T&T ahead in the 58th minute but Curacao leveled four minutes later. T&T's goal came when substitute Kaydion Gabriel evaded the challenges of three players on the right before crossing for Joseph to slot home from close up.

Curacao started aggressively and had two players booked inside the opening five minutes of the match as they tried to unsettle Angus Eve's men. Joseph had the first try at goal for T&T, a low left footer which went past the upright.

T&T looked organized and intent on getting the go ahead goal but Curacao didn’t back down and began to create chances of their own as the first half progressed with T&T goalie Andre Marchan being called into action much more than he was in the opening 1-0 win over Grenada.

After Joseph got the opener, T&T were brought back down to earth when their opponents hit back soon after, setting up a tight finish. But the Curacao players  made lives harder for themselves with the two ejections which should have opened the channels for T&T to surge ahead. But that was not to be as Curacao stuck it out to earn their third point.

T&T captain Sheldon Bateau admitted his disappointment with result.

“We should have won this game but we did not take the chances. It came down to chances in the end. After Marcus scored we should have stretched the lead.

I thought we had more possession but the scores are even at the end of 90 minutes and we have to take a point only. This means we have everything to play for on Saturday and the other game will be interesting too,” Bateau told TTFF Media.

“We have the capability to get through this round but we need to finish better and stamp our authority in these matches,” he added.

Grenada defeated Dominica 2-0 in the second game on Thursday which means that they too will be up for their encounter against Curacao on Saturday.

Curacao top the group currently ahead of T&T on goal difference. Only one team will advance to the next stage. T&T's clash with Dominica on Saturday kicks off at 7pm.

Teams

Trinidad and Tobago: 1.Andre Marchan, 2.Aubrey David, 3.Mekeil Williams, 4.Sheldon Bateau (capt), 5.Aquil Selby, 6.Leslie Russell, 11.Sean De Silva, 14.Marcus Joseph (16.Cameron Roget 76th), 12.Jayson Joseph (7.Phillip Borde 84th), 13.Jeromie Williams (Yellow 17), 9.Trevin Caesar (17.Kaydion Gabriel 53rd).

Unused Subs: 8.Uriah Bentik, 15.Kareem Moses, 18.Zane Coker.

Coach: Angus Eve.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 06:19:05 AM by Flex »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: T&T held 1-1 by Curacao
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2011, 05:25:44 AM »
vs 9 men! Not good at all... but we'll probably progress.

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2011, 07:07:23 AM »
Pathetic result.....
Arimian to meh heart

Offline benedicts bwoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2011, 08:24:16 AM »
Whey Molino? ::)

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2011, 09:20:20 AM »
wais dat one boi..9 man I we cyan win.. dais bad result man bad..
war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2011, 11:22:26 AM »
Curacao
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2011, 01:02:05 PM »
I hope football doh reach in a bad state like cricket ...

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2011, 01:09:30 PM »
The team didn't have any practice matches. Let's not get down on these men yet. It is a disappointing result but it is not the end of the world. 

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2011, 02:25:01 PM »
keep going
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2011, 02:33:00 PM »
Would still expect us to beat Curacao, depsite the lack of competitive matches.  Unless these fellas from Curacao are all young pros plying their trade in Holland, we should be beating these teams.  Says a lot about our talent pool and coaching stock.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2011, 02:49:23 PM »
Would still expect us to beat Curacao, depsite the lack of competitive matches.  Unless these fellas from Curacao are all young pros plying their trade in Holland, we should be beating these teams.  Says a lot about our talent pool and coaching stock.

Tough to say without seeing the match but that's how the game goes sometimes- sounds like we had more chances and possession and Curacao was a physical team who did a good job at making the game hard for us  - seen many games like that.  It's one game... Time tuh move on. 
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

AirMan

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2011, 02:59:09 PM »
The next game TnT play will answer alot of questions...

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2011, 03:11:19 PM »
My observation is that everyone loves Eve on the Forum,is one of the few times we have played and players getting blamed,and peeps being so critical of them,usually it's the other way around,i don't say anything on these games because i have not seen them but i know both Coach and players are trying their best.I just hope Eve don't get the same response that Latas got (no TTFF support),again like every other T&T Coach his turn will come it's a matter of time.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2011, 03:28:49 PM »
My observation is that everyone loves Eve on the Forum,is one of the few times we have played and players getting blamed,and peeps being so critical of them,usually it's the other way around,i don't say anything on these games because i have not seen them but i know both Coach and players are trying their best.I just hope Eve don't get the same response that Latas got (no TTFF support),again like every other T&T Coach his turn will come it's a matter of time.

i willing to give him a chance since its the u23 team, however, the best team was not selected imo

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2011, 03:34:19 PM »

i willing to give him a chance since its the u23 team, however, the best team was not selected imo
       That's our number one excuse,we never have the best team/players,all our Coaches never did have the best players,don't worry it's the TTFF.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2011, 03:41:27 PM »

This so-called "best team" is a moving target, because everyone has their own idea of what constitutes the "best team". Plus you have to deal with coaching philosophies, injuries, club commitments, school commitments, trials etc.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2011, 05:06:00 PM »
I hope football doh reach in a bad state like cricket ...
reach???? oh god boi wey yu been all thi time....

war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2011, 06:15:34 PM »
reach?Huh oh god boi wey yu been all thi time....

war

By now, we should be beating dem fete side 4-5 by 60th minute and cooling it down with subs.  Iz how many times we go start over? And everybody like de coach bcuz he cool, was ah nashie and he is good peeps. Nobody doh arks he qualifications fuh coaching until dem fete side start beating we. The sports writers does like to say we get upset but we know de truth.  Fail to prepare...prepare to fail.  These youths need to be in academies from small surrounded by A and B Licence Coaches. No one should lay down a cone without these qualifications not even so called assistants (stop de 4qing padnah thing).  De pappy show will resume. 4-5 years from now, some of these same boys go get dey arse wash by Grenada and dem, and we go hear Skeene giving props to the Pro League. The failed formula of dumping de ball in the other half and hoping athleticism, size and brawn go capitalize on mistakes must change from de first time a yute start training with a team.  Look in de women's WC, how dem small Japs was knocking de ball around and playing keep away from de Yanks. Is true de yankees throw way a few but they were overly relying on athleticism and height. Is a Concacaf wide problem particularly with Can, USA and the Caribbean Islands.  SH is already changing the landscape in Canada while we standing pat. We need to step out of dat shadow.  Is a football renaissance we want, right now we at a "wake." Lawd fadda, put ah hand please put ah hand on we football.   
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 07:22:07 PM by Savannah boy »

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2011, 11:00:56 AM »
If T&T fails, when Angus gets back home he will be dealt with accordingly.

Jack will raise again !!!!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 11:04:36 AM by Jack Horner »
Jack Warner will rise again and the world will beg him him to return and he will say "NO".............

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2011, 04:54:30 PM »
Mediocrity reigns supreme....

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2011, 05:57:42 PM »
If T&T fails, when Angus gets back home he will be dealt with accordingly.

Jack will raise again !!!!

This Jack Horner is definitely a comedian with time on his hands!

Or maybe he's trying to get into comedy after losing his job at FIFA?!  :D
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

1]; } ?>