July 26, 2024, 10:41:59 PM

Author Topic: Pan Am junior Track and Field Champs 2011  (Read 5693 times)

truetrini

Re: Pan Am junior Track and Field Champs 2011
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2011, 12:17:43 PM »
http://www.runnerspace.com/eprofile.php?do=videos&year=2011&folder_id=3363&event_id=6596&pg=1&offset=2#video

If allyuh listen to the commentary of this race you will hear my shout out to justbless and gawd on de Pitch and stmb....see de love..hear de love..feel de love...turn up yuh volume and hear my shout out...!

LMAO.......wah happen to dat yute on de thrid leg???? Madness yes....... ::)

yuh hear me carrying on..asking why he stay in dat lane and den the man run about 70 meters in the 3rd lane yes, he never even cut in...lol, would have made for a more interesting last leg for sure.

I asked him waht was happening and he told me he eh accustomed to relays, he is a 100, 200 man and dey draft he to run dat leg..lol

It was not a biggie to the boys though it was all one love for them.

Speaking to Machel after the race he stated that he was feeling real tired after a long seasona nd definitely not his best weekend.

real university coaches were on hand though and that same youth on 3rd leg, was the target for 3 ah dem....go figure  lol

truetrini

Re: 4 x 400m team
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2011, 12:22:22 PM »
Trinidad and Tobago's silver medal winning team.  2011 Pan Am Junior Track Chamiponship

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2011, 06:03:56 PM »
Needless to say that 3rd leg got a post race conversation with me. If you don't know how to run the damn 3rd leg say so, or ask. Don't go out there and make yourself and your country look bad or worse, throw away a medal (which he almost did). The anchor saved him and ran back into 2nd. USA was long gone for 1st.

Better he get admonished now than on a big stage.
BORN TO DO IT

truetrini

« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2011, 08:33:17 PM »
In all fairness Ato, the man was running like he was ina  100 0r 200 m relay race. they did after all just draft the man to run the 1600 relay  lol

Offline Marlon

• Sr. Warrior
  • Who the cap fit, let them wear it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2011, 10:40:37 PM »
Needless to say that 3rd leg got a post race conversation with me. If you don't know how to run the damn 3rd leg say so, or ask. Don't go out there and make yourself and your country look bad or worse, throw away a medal (which he almost did). The anchor saved him and ran back into 2nd. USA was long gone for 1st.

I tink he jes get scared... still a youth. Hopefuilly he learn form the experience...,

Offline STMB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2011, 06:21:49 AM »

I tink he jes get scared... still a youth. Hopefuilly he learn form the experience...,

At 18/19 Morain must have witnessed about 10 million 4x400m races even if he had not raced in one. A quartermiler would know how to run a 4x100m, a 200m sprinter would know where to break in an 800m. Ultimately the coach is responsible to remind all runners of all aspects of the race, before the race.

Offline jusbless

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2011, 08:29:58 AM »

[/quote]

At 18/19 Morain must have witnessed about 10 million 4x400m races even if he had not raced in one. A quartermiler would know how to run a 4x100m, a 200m sprinter would know where to break in an 800m. Ultimately the coach is responsible to remind all runners of all aspects of the race, before the race.
[/quote]

This cant be true , That cant be his reasoning, After seeing a 4*400m once you know how to run the event , The simplex coach probably hanging his head in shame , Say it is not so Mr. Gunness Persad.

1]; } ?>