April 26, 2024, 05:40:12 AM

Author Topic: Spartacus Workout and other Routines  (Read 10002 times)

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
Re: Spartacus Workout and other Routines
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2011, 07:54:59 AM »
I lost 40 pounds this year. I stop eating the junk almost entirely and just started running.Well walking first then walk/run then run. I now run about 5 km everyday, 7 on days when I don't have class. I use the machine in the park supplied by the regional corporation for 15 mins then pushups and situps. Its slow and boring but it worked for me. I wouldn't say I stop the carbs. I don't eat rice anyway so it was just to cut down the amount of bread I used to eat.   

Apart from looking better I have more speed and endurance than ever which I find very rewarding. I notice my coordination and reflexes have improved too.

I going to start boxing training next year.

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2011, 08:37:22 AM »
I lost 40 pounds this year. I stop eating the junk almost entirely and just started running.Well walking first then walk/run then run. I now run about 5 km everyday, 7 on days when I don't have class. I use the machine in the park supplied by the regional corporation for 15 mins then pushups and situps. Its slow and boring but it worked for me. I wouldn't say I stop the carbs. I don't eat rice anyway so it was just to cut down the amount of bread I used to eat.   

Apart from looking better I have more speed and endurance than ever which I find very rewarding. I notice my coordination and reflexes have improved too.

I going to start boxing training next year.

Boy yu opening a door dey for Dutty to walk right in.... :devil: :beermug:
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2011, 09:52:06 AM »
What does keep down belly:

I stop drinking beers after 8pm. If I have to drink I does take one and no more. If yuh eating also try and eat light before 8pm also. If I miss meh dinner, I does eat 4 crix and some guava jam... and drink some crystal light tea. I does be hard at first when yuh miss de dinner but yuh body goh get use to it.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2011, 11:53:07 AM »

I does be hard at first when yuh miss de dinner but yuh body goh get use to it.

Ah good jock go fix dat
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2011, 12:14:04 PM »

Ah good jock go fix dat

WTMC :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :beermug: :devil:
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2011, 03:48:40 PM »

Ah good jock go fix dat

WTMC :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :beermug: :devil:
ent  :rotfl: :rotfl:
I pity the fool....

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2011, 04:23:20 PM »

Ah good jock go fix dat

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Steups daiz when ah does get hungry most...

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2011, 12:19:02 PM »
its all about diet, you can stay the same weight with the wrong diet and be exercising 4-5 days a week

i have seen it with people before

if you are not disciplined with what you eat, forget about losing weight and getting healthier

its as simple as that...

right diet and exercise 3-4 times a week is more than enough

your body needs time to heal and running everyday can lead to shin splints, joint problems and other problems like arthritis and so forth, try walking every now and then, basketball, soccer, rowing and swimming

make sure you get enough sleep as well, your body repairs from 11pm to 3 am, thats when you should be sleeping and your body needs that period to repair/heal, plenty exercise and the right diet is key but if you are not getting your sleep, it hampers everything

another thing also, exercise in the morning or afternoon, late afternoon, evening and night are the worst times to exercise because your internal core takes longer to cool down, allow your body enough time to cool down, body temp is important

shock your muscles, don't get into routines that your muscles get use to, try different exercises to shock your muscles to get results if your into cutting.

at the end of the day, its about discipline
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 12:27:08 PM by Controversial »

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2011, 08:29:43 PM »
sorry if i didn't read prior posts correctly but what is the name of the book that talks about foods and blood type?  is it the p90 book?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2011, 08:47:54 PM »
sorry if i didn't read prior posts correctly but what is the name of the book that talks about foods and blood type?  is it the p90 book?

Eat Right 4 Your Type: The Individualized Diet Solution to Staying Healthy, Living Longer & Achieving Your Ideal Weight
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2011, 10:43:39 AM »

http://dadamo.com/

eat right for your type, find out your blood type first breds, then you will be able to try the diet for a few months, i guarantee you won't be disappointed.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2011, 10:52:02 AM »
I found the book on scribd

It kinda making sense...most of the stuff that would affect me..i.e breakouts, belly pain, wukking etc are those that they said to avoid.

I am surprised though at many of the things I like are "supposedly" bad for my blood type...chicken, tomatoes, pumpkin, lentils, channa, coconut etc.

I will try it for a little while and see what reults transpire.

breds i cut out real foods i use to eat and voila the weight gone, im back to where i was after high school and getting into the best shape of my life, its about dedication, i cut out chicken, pork and seafood and it made a huge difference, based on my blood type, you would be surprised what other foods cause you to gain unhealthy weight, like peanut butter, cows milk which is not easily digestible and corn and sesame.

if everyone posts their blood type i could list the foods they are not suppose to eat from the book, just let me know, i will post it on here for everyone to try :beermug:

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2011, 11:16:24 AM »

Eat Right 4 Your Type: The Individualized Diet Solution to Staying Healthy, Living Longer & Achieving Your Ideal Weight

I switched to Ital 6 times a day, Sunday is meh sabbath to eat meh red meat. Works well.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2011, 06:32:06 PM »

I switched to Ital 6 times a day, Sunday is meh sabbath to eat meh red meat. Works well.

Me eh even know meh blood type, so dat book eh go wuk fuh me  ;D. Iza straight up italist/vegan.

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2011, 07:05:17 PM »

Me eh even know meh blood type, so dat book eh go wuk fuh me  ;D. Iza straight up italist/vegan.

beers is ital? if so i is a real italist...i honestly just try eating regularly and run a five km 4 times a week with a lil workout after and manage to drop pounds..but for everyone it different depending on yuh metabolism. But the easiest and guaranteed way to lose weight is simple. Eat less calories than yuh burn, no magic jus simple maths.
Back in Trini...

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2011, 07:28:20 PM »

beers is ital? if so i is a real italist...i honestly just try eating regularly and run a five km 4 times a week with a lil workout after and manage to drop pounds..but for everyone it different depending on yuh metabolism. But the easiest and guaranteed way to lose weight is simple. Eat less calories than yuh burn, no magic jus simple maths.

Correck is right  :beermug: :rotfl:

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2012, 11:44:48 AM »
ah boy capo wife wuh put meh in ah cage....dong to 182 from 212 doin P90X fuh 3 months,still need to lose an additional 15lbs,aimin fuh about 165 lbs,5 to 8% body fat...ah stick to my diet,6 meals a day,about 200g protein,regulate meh carbs.....only blasted downfall ah couldn't kick de smokin.say wuh....meh 32" button fly levi fittin now.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2012, 11:47:35 AM »
ah boy capo wife wuh put meh in ah cage....dong to 182 from 212 doin P90X fuh 3 months,still need to lose an additional 15lbs,aimin fuh about 165 lbs,5 to 8% body fat...ah stick to my diet,6 meals a day,about 200g protein,regulate meh carbs.....only blasted downfall ah couldn't kick de smokin.say wuh....meh 32" button fly levi fittin now.

Ah down to 30 inch speedos shorts now  :beermug: Congrats bredda.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2012, 11:54:36 AM »

thx fuh de complimentry......daft the first day doin P90X ah vomit,first month was de hardest.....ah repeatin the program but i will incorporate so more weight trainin.

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2012, 07:32:47 PM »

thx fuh de complimentry......daft the first day doin P90X ah vomit,first month was de hardest.....ah repeatin the program but i will incorporate so more weight trainin.

congrats....I have gotten some results from the spartacus workout, getting more cut after a month but all the weight I losing is turning to muscle.  would like to drop a good 15-20 lbs.  P90x seems like the real deal to do that. 

As for the vices, I cut out rum and scotch when I drinking...drink vodka now...with water, that does hit you fast with less calories.
whey boy!

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 28, 2012, 08:33:43 PM »

congrats....I have gotten some results from the spartacus workout, getting more cut after a month but all the weight I losing is turning to muscle.  would like to drop a good 15-20 lbs.  P90x seems like the real deal to do that. 

As for the vices, I cut out rum and scotch when I drinking...drink vodka now...with water, that does hit you fast with less calories.
same ting i do...no red rum......absolute and selzter.....what workin fuh me is right after the workout ah lash myoplex and then one b4 bed,plus ah eatin real salmon atleast 3 times ah week.....come summer ah go b shredded.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2012, 11:30:20 AM »
Try the insanity workout...is a better P90X

Yuh sweating like horse and it shorter, more intense and no weights..

Only thing if yuh ankle or knee ent good...this is not for you as you have to do plenty jumping, hopping etc one foot etc.

I drop a 24lbs for carnival under dat and a no carbs. Yuh go get fit for football too as is just level interval training.

But blood type diet is d real scene...its work...I just cyar stick to it, same way a no carbs does work too.

Right now I maintaining a level. I eating wind but I making sure to exercise 4-5 times a week...d weight not moving...so I glad for dat but the belley does get puffy some days and dry down on others.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2012, 05:54:05 PM »
the p90x have a 55 mins plyometric dvd......this intense fuh me...ah does do it 3 times a week....although i still smokin i see a huge improvement in stamina.....heart rate does reach 156...ah swear ah go dead.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2012, 10:08:32 AM »
I injured my left knee about a month ago playing football - a random dislocation while sprinting back into the defense , no impact at all. I feel its because the running in a straight line didn't prepare me for changes in direction or for being explosive. Anyway I was real nervous about the injury because I had one 6 years ago that put me out for a good while. The 12 km or so I was running was keeping me fit and burning the calories. I was worried that it would have affected that significantly and would have led to weight gain.

I started increasing the number of pull-ups and push-ups to compensate. I incorporated some shadow boxing into it to help work up a sweat. I was surprised with the results as I actually lost a couple of pounds and got a little leaner and lot stronger.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 29, 2012, 10:14:04 AM »
I starting to get back mih definition after working with a trainer 'friend' ah mine... is nuff calisthenics to warm up, followed by simple exercises with ah elastic band, plyometric and staggered push ups and ab work.  Eating much better too... ah put de Haagen Dazs on de shelf fuh now.  Not running as much right now, but liking the results ah getting.  Now to just shake off the laziness.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 02, 2012, 06:55:20 AM »
12th May will be seeing if the workouts i been doing have helped.
Doing the toughmudder midlands event. Real hating on the events i seen in the states cuz they have seemed to have warm weather!
www.toughmudder.co.uk

lil promo video here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vh5HdPM_QuE
Back in Trini...

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 15, 2012, 10:28:20 AM »
ToughMudder was great, a friend and I (Team Oh Cuddaz Muntz finished in 2hr 32mins) could have been quicker but you get held back with people at obstacles and part of it is helping your fellow challengers to get through it..Was proper sore the day after but totally worth it. Managed to get a Gopro to shoot many of the obstacles POV, so can look back on the event and relive it
 I see there is going to be a similar event in Trinidad although it is a bit shorter than TM. I recommend people attempt it, gives you a nice goal and motivation to keep working out and you can usually go along at your own pace.
www.hardcorecaribbean.com is putting them on
Hopefully they are successful and next year I can do their events without the freezing cold water that we faced here in the UK
Up next is probably Spartan Sprint, then Tough Guy in January!
Back in Trini...

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 15, 2012, 10:46:04 AM »
yuh name yuh team real good dey...de brits and dem musbe tort it was 'quaint'
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 16, 2012, 11:29:01 AM »
I try everything to lose weight except diet & exercise nutten wok  ;D
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #59 on: June 17, 2012, 10:27:20 AM »
Did a the ublic Service 50th Anniversary 5K yesterday after recovering from my knee injury. I only started running again 2 weeks ago. I finished in 31:02 . Like I posted before in response to Just Cool A lot of older folks beat me, lol.

1]; } ?>