March 28, 2024, 05:52:25 AM

Author Topic: Spartacus Workout and other Routines  (Read 9876 times)

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Spartacus Workout and other Routines
« on: July 26, 2011, 08:13:04 AM »
Started this yesterday and has my body sore!  Enjoyed doing it...
http://www.menshealth.com/spartacus/workouts/

anyone have any more good workout routines?
whey boy!

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Spartacus Workout and other Routines
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 10:17:17 AM »
P90 X is supposed to be good as well and there's Insanity...you got to get those on a disc though.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2011, 10:44:09 AM »
P90x is thunder so I shifted to 10 minute trainer to gain some conditioning.......den I will fold in some 90x .........yes ah woefully out ah shape ....but I will check dis out
I pity the fool....

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2011, 10:50:54 AM »
P90X is serious....
you also need some equipment...unless you regularly going to the gym
have to look into insanity

what I like about Spartacus is yuh could do it at home with only dumbbells.

whey boy!

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2011, 11:18:27 AM »
I do a bunch of those in my routines (I doh look as ripped as that fella though lol)...

Diet is a huge part of obtaining that kind of body though.  Exercise is key, but diet is equally important.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2011, 11:22:57 AM »
I do a bunch of those in my routines (I doh look as ripped as that fella though lol)...

Diet is a huge part of obtaining that kind of body though.  Exercise is key, but diet is equally important.

dais d kicker(no pun intended ::) ) right dey, it damn expensive to eat healthy "at least in trini" these days....veggy's particularly at a premium :-\ :'( :( especially if yuh do have time to cook for yuhself
I pity the fool....

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2011, 12:45:32 PM »
ah fella at my old workplace start on that p90x program - he was about 200-205 and drop down to 175-180 within a matter of months. he young though. ah doh see ole man surviving that oui.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2011, 12:48:01 PM »

dais d kicker(no pun intended ::) ) right dey, it damn expensive to eat healthy "at least in trini" these days....veggy's particularly at a premium :-\ :'( :( especially if yuh do have time to cook for yuhself

Dst is d problem I committed sep last yr to join ah gym ah eh commit 2 eat rite dat eh possible wit my schedule.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2011, 12:54:28 PM »
p90x is getting serious results...
2 of meh padnahs get ripped on that but I can't commit to that daily.  i'll hit the workout 3 times a week and kick ball 2 days.

yuh shouldn't drink when on these programs so yes it's all about diet.

i haven't quit drinking but I'm off all the other sugars...
only drinking green tea and water the rest of the week.  then on a friday I go have a few drinks and even still I only drinking with soda or some water...no soft drinks.

even whole wheat bread bad for you...multigrain is the new way to go.
whey boy!

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2011, 01:23:20 PM »
2 of meh padnahs get ripped on that but I can't commit to that daily.  i'll hit the workout 3 times a week and kick ball 2 days.

only drinking green tea and water the rest of the week.  then on a friday I go have a few drinks and even still I only drinking with soda or some water...no soft drinks.

who are you fooling, quit drinking  :rotfl:

eat right for your type diet is excellent, i have p90x but have't committed fully, on a tabata program, its japanese, will let you know about it breds

link you soon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2011, 01:36:02 PM »

eat right for your type diet is excellent, i have p90x but have't committed fully, on a tabata program, its japanese, will let you know about it breds

link you soon

lol..quitting drinking is near impossible...i just don't drink with chaser anymore

I have to get that eat right for your type diet...dais what you used?
keep in touch man...
whey boy!

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2011, 02:13:54 PM »

quite right bredda...men does want to be in the gym and eating whatever they want...no, no pancho dat ent wukkin.

i does do meh lil circuit training a few days a week...trying to keep de body in shape nah, i am in my early 30s and i find plenty of the men in my year in pres get big belly and lookin a lot older than our age. i say no way that go be me.    doh talk about some of the girls who was slim back in the day... :o

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2011, 04:27:13 PM »
I real indisciplined when it come to exercise.   The only thing I could do every day is football, and that doh happen.
I lost 8-9 lbs recently when I stopped eating meat so much.  Now I eat meat about 1 out of 5 meals.  I still eat eggs some days, but no cheese or milk. 

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2011, 09:17:13 AM »
I have a belley...and is a simple ting...all I hadda do is a strict no carb and exercise...gym and run and my belley does go down in about a 3 weeks.

Is just, when yuh stop it becomes harder to get back in the groove and yuh put back on the weight faster.

Carnival this yr I was good...I lose a 20lbs...gym in the morning-run sweat in the afternoon.

I start back to eat all how and meh guts swell. I overs gym...too much imps, man in squeezers posing and men jumbieing yuh for machine.

P90 good but yuh need the chin up bar and the straps...it gets boring after a while too.

The insanity is a better workout, faster, harder more cardio but yuh does hadda be real motivated to stick with them ting more than a few months.

But all that exercise and yuh eating a dinner special and having a few beers...doh make sense.

Until I stop my guts staying right there.

Patriot has a drink called innerlight supergreens...it works and you will lose a few pounds drinking that. But again you have to eat right and exercise to make it more effective.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2011, 11:04:27 AM »
I have a belley...and is a simple ting...all I hadda do is a strict no carb and exercise...gym and run and my belley does go down in about a 3 weeks.

Is just, when yuh stop it becomes harder to get back in the groove and yuh put back on the weight faster.

Carnival this yr I was good...I lose a 20lbs...gym in the morning-run sweat in the afternoon.

I start back to eat all how and meh guts swell. I overs gym...too much imps, man in squeezers posing and men jumbieing yuh for machine.

P90 good but yuh need the chin up bar and the straps...it gets boring after a while too.

The insanity is a better workout, faster, harder more cardio but yuh does hadda be real motivated to stick with them ting more than a few months.

But all that exercise and yuh eating a dinner special and having a few beers...doh make sense.

Until I stop my guts staying right there.

Patriot has a drink called innerlight supergreens...it works and you will lose a few pounds drinking that. But again you have to eat right and exercise to make it more effective.

all that breds, get the eat right for your blood type diet, you need carbs in your diet, cutting it out fully is not the answer

you are probably eating food that doesn't agree with your blood type and putting back the weight fast because of it

check out the book, find out whats your blood type :beermug:

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2011, 11:05:54 AM »

link you soon

lol..quitting drinking is near impossible...i just don't drink with chaser anymore

I have to get that eat right for your type diet...dais what you used?
keep in touch man...

family get the book, certain foods react with your blood negatively which causes illness and weight gain, try it for 2 months

do your normal exercise, 3 times a week and you will be fine, will link you soon, the big occasion coming fast  breds :beermug:

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2011, 12:16:06 PM »
Yeah the key is not to starve yourself or just cut carbs etc... As Contro says you have to figure out what foods your body reacts to...Starving yourself can lead to fat storage which will counteract efforts to have a toned body.

If you're exercising regularly, you actually have to eat multiple meals per day, in order to build muscle (and to have the energy to execute the work out).  A common denominator is to drink lots and lots of water and multiple servings of vegetables... Manny Pacquiao consumes 7,000 calories per day!!! The guy probably weights 130 lbs.... Granted he trains 8 hours per day...but just saying. 

Couple other things - dieting (losing weight) and building muscle simultaneously are very difficult - muscle naturally weighs more than fat and muscle building requires significant milk-based protein intake...so chances are if yuh lifting etc, yuh will probably gain weight (but you will look better)...If yuh have significant body mass that you want to lose yuh have to choose your weight program wisely and probably focus more on cardio. 

Also the older yuh get, the less potential for the 6-pack look.  A proper 6-pack is very difficult to attain after your early-mid 30's...  A strong core/abs doh necessarily mean a 6-pack.  the 6-pack is a show muscle which is more contingent on low body fat, than a strong core...and the older yuh get, the more likely you will have fat layers on top of your ab muscles that are very very difficult to get rid of even with a healthy lifestyle. 

« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 12:22:56 PM by kicker »

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2011, 12:44:13 PM »
Started out this year with a 44 inch waist and tipped the scale at 215 lbs. Cut down to 165lbs... thank god. Insanity works, plus I bought a road race bike and been riding each day...

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2011, 02:31:42 PM »
Started out this year with a 44 inch waist and tipped the scale at 215 lbs. Cut down to 165lbs...

damn... well done! (if that's what you were trying to achieve that is)...

Offline #4

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • #YGBfiles: The Young, Gifted, and Black Files
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2011, 02:41:47 PM »
I'm not familiar with the Spartacus workout, but it looks interesting, I'll definitely add some elements of it to my regular workout routine...

Late last year, for a month or two, I did a slightly toned-down version of the "300" workout (http://www.menshealth.com/fitness/muscle-building-11) for a couple months to whip my body back into shape after a long gym layoff. I had been balling some, running every once in a while, and was eating somewhat healthily throughout that gym layoff, so doing the "300" routine was more about burning excess fat and building and toning muscle than just getting into shape. Nevertheless, the results were impressive. Since then, I've left some elements of the "300" workout in my regular routine, especially a lot of the circuit elements.

Side Note: Results really began to show when I started to pay better attention to what I was eating and drinking, when I began eating smaller portions several times daily, and also when I started drinking Badia Slimming (Cassia) tea (as suggested by a lady friend of mine, it's at pretty much every store here in Miami) once weekly. I was able to drop about 15-20 lbs to my ideal "fit weight" this way- it only took a matter of months, too.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2011, 02:54:01 PM »
Yeah the key is not to starve yourself or just cut carbs etc... As Contro says you have to figure out what foods your body reacts to...Starving yourself can lead to fat storage which will counteract efforts to have a toned body.

If you're exercising regularly, you actually have to eat multiple meals per day, in order to build muscle (and to have the energy to execute the work out).  A common denominator is to drink lots and lots of water and multiple servings of vegetables... Manny Pacquiao consumes 7,000 calories per day!!! The guy probably weights 130 lbs.... Granted he trains 8 hours per day...but just saying. 

Couple other things - dieting (losing weight) and building muscle simultaneously are very difficult - muscle naturally weighs more than fat and muscle building requires significant milk-based protein intake...so chances are if yuh lifting etc, yuh will probably gain weight (but you will look better)...If yuh have significant body mass that you want to lose yuh have to choose your weight program wisely and probably focus more on cardio. 

Also the older yuh get, the less potential for the 6-pack look.  A proper 6-pack is very difficult to attain after your early-mid 30's...  A strong core/abs doh necessarily mean a 6-pack.  the 6-pack is a show muscle which is more contingent on low body fat, than a strong core...and the older yuh get, the more likely you will have fat layers on top of your ab muscles that are very very difficult to get rid of even with a healthy lifestyle. 

excellent points breds  :beermug:

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2011, 02:55:14 PM »
Started out this year with a 44 inch waist and tipped the scale at 215 lbs. Cut down to 165lbs... thank god. Insanity works, plus I bought a road race bike and been riding each day...

wow, thats great :beermug:

my grandfather would always say, "your mouth is your grave", watch what you eat and you will stay at 165, i fluctuate between 160-165 max now

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2011, 01:37:15 PM »
I found the book on scribd

It kinda making sense...most of the stuff that would affect me..i.e breakouts, belly pain, wukking etc are those that they said to avoid.

I am surprised though at many of the things I like are "supposedly" bad for my blood type...chicken, tomatoes, pumpkin, lentils, channa, coconut etc.

I will try it for a little while and see what reults transpire.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2011, 04:43:03 PM »
I found the book on scribd

It kinda making sense...most of the stuff that would affect me..i.e breakouts, belly pain, wukking etc are those that they said to avoid.

I am surprised though at many of the things I like are "supposedly" bad for my blood type...chicken, tomatoes, pumpkin, lentils, channa, coconut etc.

I will try it for a little while and see what reults transpire.

you sound like ah AB or B blood type, i have the same restrictions and i stay away from those foods and everything is going very well for me  :beermug:

tell me how it goes breds, its working extremely well for everyone i know on the diet
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 04:48:12 PM by Controversial »

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
p90x
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2011, 05:22:34 PM »
ah lookin to buy it,but ah remember we had ah thread with this thing b4.any advice fuh ah big belly man.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: p90x
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2011, 05:28:44 PM »
ah lookin to buy it,but ah remember we had ah thread with this thing b4.any advice fuh ah big belly man.

went from 215 to 160 doing that thing :)

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
Re: p90x
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2011, 05:38:28 PM »
wuh yuh height
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2011, 07:51:51 PM »
If TV taught me anything you only need two things

« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 07:56:22 PM by theworm2345 »

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2011, 08:13:26 PM »
Nah worm fire fuh dat shake weight lol...now if the ladies want tuh use it then I have no problem with that

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2011, 10:44:27 PM »
wuh yuh height

Double up doing 2 days of insanity and 2 days of PX90... height is 5'6''. Had a 44inch waist down to 32 inches... will give you a call later this week.

1]; } ?>