May 30, 2024, 04:08:19 PM

Author Topic: no more concerts at the Hasely Crawford Stadium  (Read 1467 times)

Offline keelz

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: no more concerts at the Hasely Crawford Stadium
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2011, 09:23:38 AM »
This have to be proven to me cause i not taking the chain up talk. I hear dat talk more than once over the years and once carnival season reach there is fete.

Offline fLaSh

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2011, 10:57:50 AM »
Not so fast!

Check this quote from the Ministry of Sport's Acting Perm Sec., Ashwin Creed, in the Guardian article posted by Flex

“We’ve done our research in relationship with regards to sports and culture being staged at the same venue and we are prepared to address that. In fact, the Sport Company is in the process of purchasing a new type of covering for both the track and the playing field.”

Some people will never learn

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2011, 03:31:06 PM »
Steups
BORN TO DO IT

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2011, 06:39:24 PM »
Not so fast!

Check this quote from the Ministry of Sport's Acting Perm Sec., Ashwin Creed, in the Guardian article posted by Flex

“We’ve done our research in relationship with regards to sports and culture being staged at the same venue and we are prepared to address that. In fact, the Sport Company is in the process of purchasing a new type of covering for both the track and the playing field.”

What I understanding from this statement is that they probably buying a some kind of cover for the track. That means there will be functions. Ato, you have first hand knowledge about track facilities maintenance. Is there any new protective covers for these surface so that they can have functions like carnival fetes, etc. Because i have to wait until carnival to see if this is true or not.

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2011, 08:29:06 PM »
You have to be so meticulous in that (which we are hitsorically not) that it's a joke. "My" track in Miramar we even took joggers off our main track and built something else for them....none of these jokers have a clue, which is why u hear this nonsense.

Ask the JAAA how many fetes they will allow on their tracks, including their brand new one. They have less than we do BTW.
BORN TO DO IT

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2011, 12:11:26 PM »
Not so fast!

After investing so much money on a good track, to suggest that you could just cover it and protect it from damage when 50,000 people are tramping over it is asinine!  We do a poor job maintaining anything.  Things are generally left to go into disrepair then we spend a fortune to do it over again!  Steups!
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

1]; } ?>