April 28, 2024, 12:25:29 AM

Author Topic: Question about the Computerized Birth Certificate  (Read 707 times)

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
Question about the Computerized Birth Certificate
« on: July 28, 2011, 05:29:15 AM »
Hope someone can answer here...

I just got the new Birth Certificate, but nowhere on it does it say my full name. It has my first and middle name at the spot for "Given Name(s)". Right below that at the spot for "Other name(s)" there is just a bunch of stars.

Both my parents names are listed on it with my last name. Is this how it is supposed to be?

Two islands are better than one.

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Question about the Computerized Birth Certificate
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2011, 06:07:14 AM »
Hope someone can answer here...

I just got the new Birth Certificate, but nowhere on it does it say my full name. It has my first and middle name at the spot for "Given Name(s)". Right below that at the spot for "Other name(s)" there is just a bunch of stars.

Both my parents names are listed on it with my last name. Is this how it is supposed to be?

Yes, that's how it's supposed to be.

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
Re: Question about the Computerized Birth Certificate
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2011, 07:20:15 AM »
Thanks Michael-j. At least I don't have to fight up with them to make a change.

BUT... ??? I would really like to hear the reasoning from the people who designed this new form on why a person's FULL NAME, including last name should not be clearly stated on their Birth Certificate. For your last name to not be there  seems so thoroughly counter intuitive, there must be good reason that I cyar figure out.

I wonder what's the convention if your mother and father aren't married and both people are listed on the certificate with different last names? Lets say your name is Chris. It's conceivable that anybody first name Chris could use your Birth Certificate as ID.

Am I missing something here. Has this not come up before in TnT? Nobody question "whey mih last name?"

Is this not a GIANT FAUX PAS??
Two islands are better than one.

1]; } ?>