March 28, 2024, 04:39:56 AM

Author Topic: Soca Warriors Online celebrates its 10-year anniversary‏  (Read 21668 times)

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
Re: Soca Warriors Online celebrates its 10-year anniversary‏.
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2011, 11:55:17 AM »
This site is a life saver. May it celebrate many more years and continue to grow from strength to strength. It has already contributed to the fan experience and facilitating the introduction of new players to the T&T coaching staff etc.

I believe it was in 1999 (isolated in Dallas Texas and home sick) when I was looking around the net for something like this and came across it. It was like I found hidden treasure. Ah used tuh tief meh lil chance at work to check the latest football news. This site is responsible for my improved football knowledge.

Back then I used to geh meh popcorn and take in the fight among: True Trini (Trinity Cross); Palos; SocaPro; TriniInfinite (Controversial); VB; KND  :rotfl:  :rotfl:  :rotfl:  :rotfl: Who remember them days

Many new improvements to the site (such as the new face today) have been made to improve the experience and keep up with innovative technology.

Congratulations Flex, Tallman, Eman, and the crew.

the battles/wars were epic, back then flex and tallman had to delete posts because they were borderline death threats  :rotfl:

back then the board was all one, no sections, when you post about track and field and cricket, it was all on one board, some fellahs got vex with the new board because they would comment on everything. i remember truetrini cussing triniman  :D

Cussing him All the time. He used to accuse him of being a yardie
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2011, 12:15:43 PM »
This site is a life saver. May it celebrate many more years and continue to grow from strength to strength. It has already contributed to the fan experience and facilitating the introduction of new players to the T&T coaching staff etc.

I believe it was in 1999 (isolated in Dallas Texas and home sick) when I was looking around the net for something like this and came across it. It was like I found hidden treasure. Ah used tuh tief meh lil chance at work to check the latest football news. This site is responsible for my improved football knowledge.

Back then I used to geh meh popcorn and take in the fight among: True Trini (Trinity Cross); Palos; SocaPro; TriniInfinite (Controversial); VB; KND  :rotfl:  :rotfl:  :rotfl:  :rotfl: Who remember them days

Many new improvements to the site (such as the new face today) have been made to improve the experience and keep up with innovative technology.

the battles/wars were epic, back then flex and tallman had to delete posts because they were borderline death threats  :rotfl:

back then the board was all one, no sections, when you post about track and field and cricket, it was all on one board, some fellahs got vex with the new board because they would comment on everything. i remember truetrini cussing triniman  :D

back then, every man would get into it, and every topic was discussed in one board, it was chaos but fun at the same time  ;D

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2011, 12:25:09 PM »
Congratulations on this auspicious milestone!!
It's been great being a part of it.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 12:28:27 PM by E-man »

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2011, 12:35:57 PM »

If somebody could also find de Talk yuh Talk graphic too... please and thanks  ;D
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2011, 12:40:43 PM »
Congrats guys on this milestone. I am happy to be part of this family for 6 yrs now and going strong. Flex, Tallman, Palos...yeah Palos :-) and Eman for the great job you guys have done in the past and continue to do. I have met all you guys, except Flex, but I am sure that would change soon! :beermug:

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2011, 12:41:04 PM »

If somebody could also find de Talk yuh Talk graphic too... please and thanks  ;D

Here

I think we should bring back the "Talk Yuh Talk" at the top in the next refesh.

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2011, 01:58:05 PM »
Cheers to Flex, Tallman and the rest of my SWO family! Leh we keep de fire blazing!  :beermug:  :beermug: :beermug: 

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/7KtAgAMzaeg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/7KtAgAMzaeg</a>
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2011, 03:17:18 PM »
Congrats Flex and Tallman good job!!!! 10 years and still going strong, I'm glad I was introduced to this site 6 years ago through a friend of mine. I was a macho (lurker) for bout 3 years lol, but it served me with lots of entertainment in the cyber battles I witnessed and it did keep me up to date with T&T football. Sometimes I feel as if I know more about football in Trini than my friends that live in T&T :beermug:

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2011, 04:14:42 PM »
SWO has tranformed the football landscape in Trinidad and Tobago football by instituting accountability, demanding transparency and by magnifying the voice of the fans.  And they hear us.  Hat's off to Flex, and all the mods, past and present for a job well done.  A personal thanks to all the posters for being candid regarding your views.   All of you have enriched my life, and I mean everyone. 

So I say 10 more.   :beermug:   
I also say SWO should be the official news correspondent for Trinidad and Tobago's bid for World Cup 2014   :beermug:

Grace and Peace
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2011, 04:40:00 PM »
Aye let's continue to show our support and change our facebook status to commemorate this milestone. By doing so we will continue to spread the word, get more hits and might even shut down de site again.  :devil:

Happy 10th Anniversary SocaWarriors.net!
Warrior Nation Member At Large

truetrini

« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2011, 04:42:02 PM »
lol.....Happy Anniversary!!!!

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2011, 04:56:18 PM »
Aye let's continue to show our support and change our facebook status to commemorate this milestone. By doing so we will continue to spread the word, get more hits and might even shut down de site again.  :devil:

Happy 10th Anniversary SocaWarriors.net!

did it.   :devil:
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2011, 06:00:06 PM »
E-man, yuh is ah boss !!!!!!!!!!!!!! love them ole time pics yuh put up, that make meh feel like home. Ah go ask Flex to bring it back.

Big up to de best T&T site ever !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I say so....
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2011, 06:21:14 PM »
Flex your site is very nice and thanks to this forum I am able to let the public know the truth !
Jack Warner will rise again and the world will beg him him to return and he will say "NO".............

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2011, 06:26:45 PM »
....and ah still cyah find ah chinee midget!!! >:(

Happy Anniversary every body!! :beermug:
The stinkers over the fence (General Discussion), much love....half ah allyuh like meh damn family!!

To the Tallest of Talls and The Flex...another 10 years fellas  ;D

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2011, 06:29:10 PM »
Met lots of new friends here, which in turn led to some great liming at T&T matches.
Flex, hope to meet you one of these days so I can personally thank you  :beermug:

Congrats SW.net on being here for us for the past 10 years serving T&T football..keep up the good work guys!!!
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2011, 06:34:48 PM »
Congrats Flex, Tallman etc:

I remember the day Marc said he was shutting down the website and if you did not now better, you would have thought someone had died. Flex grabbed the bull by the horns and it was no turning back.. Thanx Flex for 10 years of a fantastic work with this site. This site has linked us all and we are now like family (at least some of us ) :)

truetrini

« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2011, 06:47:49 PM »
I wonder where Marc is today? 

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 27, 2011, 07:04:58 PM »
 :beermug: :cheers:

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 27, 2011, 08:14:36 PM »
Congrats Everybody, we all contribute to what this is today.

This site has come part of my daily routine. Don't know what i would do without it.

Edit: Special mention to the non nationals who we've bantered with over the years. I may not remember everybody and some we haven't seen for a while

Reggae Fan (RF)
Lionpaw
Zeppo
Stingpana
Bimblast
Lazie
Jamaica2099
willi
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 08:33:33 PM by g »
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 27, 2011, 08:38:50 PM »

back then the board was all one, no sections, when you post abouttrack and field and cricket, it was all on one board, some fellahs got vex with the new board because they would comment on everyutesthing. i remember truetrini cussing triniman  :D

back then, every man would get into it, and every topic was discussed in one board, it was chaos but fun at the same time  ;D

Fella call TC  use to get level cuss back den....(RIP) TC

Back then Flex use to beg Sam to not cuss man out....lol. Was real kicks.

Site really grow since then from the one page which use to fill up in like 10 minutes thenis  on to the next page

Congrats to Flex, Tallman and everybody since we all help make it what it is  :beermug:

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 27, 2011, 08:59:20 PM »
Congrats on our 10th Anniversary!!! I have made some great friends here over the years...and I know of at least ONE SWO-inspired MARRIAGE  ;)

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 27, 2011, 09:03:11 PM »
 :violin: Shall the court sing? Ah salute all alyuh!! Nice times .... :violin:
Live large and prosper!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 27, 2011, 09:51:46 PM »
Let me just add my voice to the chorus in both singing praises and expressing heartfelt appreciation for the tireless work you (Flex) and Tallman have put into this forum.  I will be the first to say that sometimes we take the site for granted... we just log on and fool around on the 'net without giving a care as to how bills are paid or how information keeps coming in on a daily basis... or who might be reading for that matter.  I've had good, bad and indifferent relationships with different people on here but for me that just adds to the flavor... is nutten personal, and we can't be a true Trini family without some ole blows passing when mammy and dem not looking  ;D I really appreciate the Admins and regulars here... lawd knows this site has helped me thru some trials in the 5-6 yrs I've been active (after peeping fuh ah while) here.

Much respect to the SWO family  :beermug: :beermug:

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 27, 2011, 10:10:09 PM »
Flex your site is very nice and thanks to this forum I am able to let the public know the truth !

:rotfl:
This man is a real comic yes!! Welcome to the forum, we appreciate the laughs!! 
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 27, 2011, 10:25:27 PM »
How about a SWO vs RBZ match in Florida to commemorate the occasion?

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 27, 2011, 10:45:35 PM »
Job well done fellas. I can't believe all this time gone already!

THANKS!

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #57 on: July 27, 2011, 10:54:58 PM »
Congratulations. Longevity has it's place.

King Deese
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 27, 2011, 11:13:48 PM »
a GODSEND
I never knew there were crazy people like me
long live SWO

tnt tnt tnt tnt tnt

FU#K Jamaica
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 28, 2011, 03:53:54 AM »
Big up to all who had made this possible

Say it loud...Stand Proud

Jah Bless

1]; } ?>