March 28, 2024, 10:32:54 AM

Author Topic: T&T Relay teams for Daegu!!!  (Read 3854 times)

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
T&T Relay teams for Daegu!!!
« on: July 27, 2011, 05:45:46 PM »
Well to start off with the women, this is our strongest team ever. A combination of Kai, Michelle, Semoy and kelly-Ann could destroy our current NR. Have never seen Michelle run a corner, but how she finished her recent races at Pan am Juniors says she would be a killer on the straight.

Here are some combinations i think that could work, but please feel free to add your opinions

Team 1- Hackett-Michelle-Kai-KAB

Team 2- Kai-Hackett-KAB-Michelle

IMO both line-ups maximise the respective strengths of all the runners. From everything I have seen, Kai seems to be good on the curve, but very average on the straight and the opposite or Michelle. That leaves us a bit handicapped with how we can shuffle our pieces.

On the men's side, It looks like Marc's almost decade long tenure of service to the 4x1 team is coming to an end. However I am not of the belief that his exclusion from the team will be a negative. This opens the door for us to use our 2 200 runners in positions to maximize their talents.

The team I propose will be Sorrillo-Bledman-Callendar-Thompson

Sorrillo is slower than Bledman in the flat 100m, but his curve running is superior. One only has to look at his 200m races this season, to see that he is alsways up there until about 130m, which is just fine for relay purposes. Bledman is as fast this year, as Burns has ever been, so there will be no let down in momentum. Callendar is having a very rough year, but his first 120m has not fallen off much, and is still way better than any curve that Armstrong could muster. Timewise, I anticipate RT to be in the high 9.8 to low 9.9 region, so he will be ready to do  his thing.

Discuss!!!!!

Psalm 14:1
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: T&T Relay teams for Daegu!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 06:41:18 PM »
I think the womens team will pull of a shocker. I am predicting them to take a medal chance away from the big 3 (US, JA, BAH). I feel it will be at the expense of BAH.

I would keep the relay order as this :
SH-KS-MA-KAB

MA-KS-KAB-SH

As for the men, I feel that after the Nationals, the relay team will look different than what is proposed. In the end, I think either MB or DB will take a spot from EC or RS. I dont think DB and MB are totally out of the runnings for the team. But I dont see both of them making it. Either one or the other. I could be wrong. Here is the order for all  scenarios:

RS-KB-EC-RT

RS-KB-MB-RT

RS-MB-RT-KB

AA-KB-EC-RT

RS-DB-RT-KB

The order that broke the NR in 2009 was:

DB-MB-EC-RT

Who knows, if DB and MB get good times at the nationals, the relay team will look like this:

DB-MB-KB-RT or

DB-MB-RT-KB

Yes Trinity this is indeed wishful thinking. I think the people of TNT will love to see this 4x100 team the most. But given the current performances, this might only be a dream for 2011. I will love to see this team manifest for 2012.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 06:43:12 PM by gawd on pitch »

truetrini

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 07:11:33 PM »
So Armstrong crushed yuh god and he not on that team?

NAtionals..

Bledman,
Thompson,
Armstrong,
Burns,
Brown (if he finishes the race)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 07:14:05 PM by Trinity Cross »

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2011, 08:13:28 PM »
So Armstrong crushed yuh god and he not on that team?

NAtionals..

Bledman,
Thompson,
Armstrong,
Burns,
Brown (if he finishes the race)

No he is. Check closely Trinity. And DB aint my god. No posts exists with me referring to him on that level. I just ask that he gets a healthy season before i could totally rule him out of competition . Must say, he has defied all of your expectations for the year so far. But lets leave it as that and keep this topic on point!

Offline fLaSh

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2011, 10:49:09 PM »
Well to start off with the women, this is our strongest team ever. A combination of Kai, Michelle, Semoy and kelly-Ann could destroy our current NR. Have never seen Michelle run a corner, but how she finished her recent races at Pan am Juniors says she would be a killer on the straight.

Here are some combinations i think that could work, but please feel free to add your opinions

IMO both line-ups maximise the respective strengths of all the runners. From everything I have seen, Kai seems to be good on the curve, but very average on the straight and the opposite or Michelle. That leaves us a bit handicapped with how we can shuffle our pieces.

On the men's side, It looks like Marc's almost decade long tenure of service to the 4x1 team is coming to an end. However I am not of the belief that his exclusion from the team will be a negative. This opens the door for us to use our 2 200 runners in positions to maximize their talents.

Sorrillo is slower than Bledman in the flat 100m, but his curve running is superior. One only has to look at his 200m races this season, to see that he is alsways up there until about 130m, which is just fine for relay purposes. Bledman is as fast this year, as Burns has ever been, so there will be no let down in momentum. Callendar is having a very rough year, but his first 120m has not fallen off much, and is still way better than any curve that Armstrong could muster. Timewise, I anticipate RT to be in the high 9.8 to low 9.9 region, so he will be ready to do  his thing.

Discuss!!!!!

I agree with your Men's team 100% although I may replace Callendar with Armstrong depending on Senior Champs Results. Brown and Burns have to show something special at Senior Champs to get on this team

For the ladies I'll go with KS, KAB, SH, MLA at this time. Baptiste is by far the team's fastest runner so I want her on the longest leg (2nd) and I want my two most experienced runners (Baptiste and Hackett) playing a part in two exchanges. Selvon and Lee-Ahye have no Senior Global experience whatsoever and are a step below KAB and SH so I only want them involved in one exchange in their debut Worlds. I put them on their respective legs based on Selvon's curve prowess and Lee-Ahye's straight which you alluded to.

However if I was to go with one of your teams I'd go with team two. Much more comfortable with that one than the other

Offline STMB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2011, 06:47:08 AM »
 For the ladies I'll go with KS, KAB, SH, MLA at this time. Baptiste is by far the team's fastest runner so I want her on the longest leg (2nd) and I want my two most experienced runners (Baptiste and Hackett) playing a part in two exchanges. Selvon and Lee-Ahye have no Senior Global experience whatsoever and are a step below KAB and SH so I only want them involved in one exchange in their debut Worlds. I put them on their respective legs based on Selvon's curve prowess and Lee-Ahye's straight which you alluded to.

I agree

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2011, 09:40:47 AM »
I think the womens team will pull of a shocker. I am predicting them to take a medal chance away from the big 3 (US, JA, BAH). I feel it will be at the expense of BAH.

I would keep the relay order as this :
SH-KS-MA-KAB

MA-KS-KAB-SH

As for the men, I feel that after the Nationals, the relay team will look different than what is proposed. In the end, I think either MB or DB will take a spot from EC or RS. I dont think DB and MB are totally out of the runnings for the team. But I dont see both of them making it. Either one or the other. I could be wrong. Here is the order for all  scenarios:

RS-KB-EC-RT

RS-KB-MB-RT

RS-MB-RT-KB

AA-KB-EC-RT

RS-DB-RT-KB

The order that broke the NR in 2009 was:

DB-MB-EC-RT

Who knows, if DB and MB get good times at the nationals, the relay team will look like this:

DB-MB-KB-RT or

DB-MB-RT-KB

Yes Trinity this is indeed wishful thinking. I think the people of TNT will love to see this 4x100 team the most. But given the current performances, this might only be a dream for 2011. I will love to see this team manifest for 2012.

damn I feel like I'm in a Calculus class lol

Offline behind-de-bridge

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2011, 11:31:40 AM »
I also think the men's 4X4 have an outside chance of a bronze medal with Quow, Gordon (L), Gordon (J), Hewitt and Cedenio all in the mix.

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2011, 12:22:41 PM »

Discuss!!!!!

I agree with your Men's team 100% although I may replace Callendar with Armstrong depending on Senior Champs Results. Brown and Burns have to show something special at Senior Champs to get on this team

However if I was to go with one of your teams I'd go with team two. Much more comfortable with that one than the other

No disagreement from this corner. Your justification for swapping KAB with SH on my second team is well noted. I don't thinkn the pecking order with the ladies is going to change by nationals, but the men outside of Bledos and RT will remian an enigma until then.

On a slightly off topic note, it may be wishful thinking, but I am hoping that Bledman and Richard could come to a pre race agreement to do just enough to qualify without pushing each other. No need to go all out when they are clearly heads and shoulders above the rest of our sprinters and with WC's starting 13 days after nationals.

Something like this... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsBGSFsQZBY fast forward to 5:20...lol

Offline Trini1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Relay team
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2011, 02:33:10 PM »
I had posted this on page 5 of the '2011 results' page. So I just cut and paste and made a few changes.

I do like what was mentioned above by fLaSH but this is just my input...

Women's sprint relay

MA-KAB-KS-SH

Kelly on 2nd and Semoy on anchor is a definite.

Michelle is our third fastest runner and while it would be good for her to get a running start rather than out of the blocks there is no straight(which would be preferable) for her to run on this team. I think the first leg would be great for her as it will enable to team to get a solid start.

Kai for the third leg. She's very familiar with that 3rd leg curve as she runs the 200 and does a great job (22.97 at her best though I think she was capable of at least 22.8 this season but -ve wind readings, injury and fatigue to the latter part of the season kept her from doing so). She also run's the 3rd leg for auburn on their relay team and has great experience on that leg.

Although it would be great for our most experienced athletes at global level to exchange with each other- look what happened at the 2009 world champs where our two most experienced athletes had a very bad baton pass. 3rd leg got run up on as she moved off too slow...

To seal a medal the baton passing has to be on point.

Best wishes to all our teams!

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2011, 07:22:58 AM »
Are our National Championships going to be National trials with the top 3 going on to represent?

I remember a couple years ago when Brown pulled uip in the final (when he hit Thompson) and Burns won, they still chose Brown to represent us at the games.

Can anyone confirm?

Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2011, 07:41:46 AM »
i think the top 3 goes if they meet the "A' qualifying standards..however if 1st, 3rd place and 4th place have the A standard then 2nd place is left behind if he doesnt have the A standard.  I could be wrong but i think that was the logic unless someone stepped aside(read as someone was forced to step aside) to let brown run.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2011, 08:36:54 AM »
i think the top 3 goes if they meet the "A' qualifying standards..however if 1st, 3rd place and 4th place have the A standard then 2nd place is left behind if he doesnt have the A standard.  I could be wrong but i think that was the logic unless someone stepped aside(read as someone was forced to step aside) to let brown run.

Yeah thats right. That year DB had a higher a standard going into the race.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2011, 12:49:30 PM »
So nobody giving Callender ah bligh ? is he injured ?

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2011, 03:34:51 PM »
The word is out that France USA and TRI will be competing for the silver and bronze medals in the 4x100. I expect France to be more of a threat than USA (given the past performances). I think an in form MB or DB along with KB and RT, will seal our silver medal. Although, AA and EC have done well for T&T, I think most Trinis will love to see the dream team of MB DB KB and RT in the final.

The Women's side comes down to :USA, JAM, UKR (who all have the best times for the year)
RUS, GER, NIG, TRI, BAH, JAP and UK. All of these teams have a chance of winning a medal. But I think either USA or JAM will not make the final. Only one out of these two will be there.

TRI womens team will win if the order is right and the exchanges are on point. If they get this right, then the womens team will win their first medal.

Many posters on other track and field forums have also suggested that TRI womens team will be a serious  contender for a medal. Other than whats on forums, I havent heard any expert opinion regarding medal chances for the womens 4x100 team. I will like to hear A.Bs views on this.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2011, 05:01:08 PM »
Heard that Jeremy Wariner ended his season today. This of course increases the chances of a 4x400 medal for TRI.

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2011, 03:59:35 PM »
Women's team is a years away from medal contention at best. How many times have they run with the people they will run at Worlds for the year? Is the same dotishness every year. I have had about enough of the current admin.
BORN TO DO IT

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2011, 05:04:38 PM »
Women's team is a years away from medal contention at best. How many times have they run with the people they will run at Worlds for the year? Is the same dotishness every year. I have had about enough of the current admin.

Really think so? I could see the womens team finising in the top 5. To get a medal is a little wishful, but the team that broke the NR in 2009 is not as good as this proposed team. KAB has improved and MLA and KS already have personal bests better than RT's AH's.

5th is reasonable.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2011, 02:37:48 PM »

Really think so? I could see the womens team finising in the top 5. To get a medal is a little wishful, but the team that broke the NR in 2009 is not as good as this proposed team. KAB has improved and MLA and KS already have personal bests better than RT's AH's.

5th is reasonable.

gawd on the pitch Ato is right. how many times have these women run together as a relay tream for the year ? You cant just expect them to medal first time running together at a worlds. we can hope!

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2011, 03:15:12 PM »

5th is reasonable.

gawd on the pitch Ato is right. how many times have these women run together as a relay tream for the year ? You cant just expect them to medal first time running together at a worlds. we can hope!

Read my post again sando. I am not expecting a medal. But all I know is that this teams caliber is way way better than the one in 2009. KAB has improved dramatically, so has SH. So if that 2009 team could get 7th, 5th place is reasonable. Also, BAH is not as strong as they were. So lets put some positive but realistic support behind these girls instead of ruling them out.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2011, 03:48:42 PM »

5th is reasonable.

Read my post again sando. I am not expecting a medal. But all I know is that this teams caliber is way way better than the one in 2009. KAB has improved dramatically, so has SH. So if that 2009 team could get 7th, 5th place is reasonable. Also, BAH is not as strong as they were. So lets put some positive but realistic support behind these girls instead of ruling them out.

lol but my response was realistic. it was as real as one can get about our current situation. I am sure the girls will agree with me that there is not enough races ran between them as a team so they can be better prepared. If we continue to sugarcoat the issue then the problem will never be solved
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 06:42:09 PM by Sando prince »

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2011, 10:40:10 PM »
Just here bored and mulling over some orders in my head and think we should get creative

Deep down inside to quote my JA peeps, I don't think Callendar and Armstrong "can cross it" this rounds and would replace them with Burns in our line up. However with the addition of Burns, he is then limited to a straight and we then have to deal with the fact that Sorrillo is running the 200m and has a good chance of making the final, leaving him little time to practice. With that said I say take a chance and front load the team.

Sorrillo-Bledos-RT-Burns(I am open to the suggestion of swapping RT and Bledman)

Sorrillo is our best lead off option sans Richard. I dont forsee anyone taking much if any ground out of him. Bledman to Thompson will be our interior 1-2 punch to set-up Burns for the anchor to hold on for dear life. I like him here because I believe his experience will allow him to have a cool head and execute. This is the approach that the US team took in Osaka '07( incidentally the last time they won and got the stick around) where the best 3 went first and let Leroy Dixon play "catch me of you can". i am not going to fool myself and imagine us have the kind of lead they had going into anchor, but it will set us up in a strong position to compete with France and USA.

On second thought I may want to include Callendar to run the lead-off for the semi IF Sorrillo makes the final of the 200m to give himn some rest. Although I am not fully convinced on that option as the semis and finals are only 2 hours apart and I'm also in favour of having some sort of continuity.

You are now free to rip me apart...... ;)

Offline Trini1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2011, 06:22:01 AM »
If things go well the women can get at least a bronze.

AirMan

« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2011, 09:56:42 AM »
I am concerned because the women have not ran enough as a relay team this year. Hopefully they still pull it off and don't give a shitty performance like the men 4x1
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 10:09:21 AM by AirMan »

Offline Trini1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2011, 03:10:17 PM »
Too true air but they're a talented bunch all they need is to get they're passing on point. They could have prolly done the relay at Penn and london but nevertheless they can do it. If the final is in the evening it will be good for whoever on the backstretch because they'll get the wind at their back. KAB is my pick 4 2nd leg. Longest leg for our quickest runner who will have the wind at her back.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2011, 03:28:05 PM »
I am concerned because the women have not ran enough as a relay team this year. Hopefully they still pull it off and don't give a shitty performance like the men 4x1

You must be a seerman because the men 4x1 does not run till this coming Sunday!  ::)

In fact both Mens & Womens 4 x 100m relay heats & finals are on Sun.4th Sept!
http://daegu2011.iaaf.org/ResultsByDate.aspx?racedate=09-04-2011
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 03:30:27 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

AirMan

« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2011, 05:53:03 PM »

You must be a seerman because the men 4x1 does not run till this coming Sunday!  ::)

In fact both Mens & Womens 4 x 100m relay heats & finals are on Sun.4th Sept!
http://daegu2011.iaaf.org/ResultsByDate.aspx?racedate=09-04-2011

Obviously I meant the 4x4 team that ran shitty yesterday

1]; } ?>