March 28, 2024, 03:49:15 AM

Author Topic: Carnival 2012 Costumes  (Read 4281 times)

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
Re: Carnival 2012 Costumes
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2011, 03:58:23 PM »
<waits on Yuma>

Then and only then I'll say I will be playing with Tribe :beermug:

Cocoa devils for Jouvert!!!!!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2011, 04:40:13 PM »
<waits on Yuma>

Then and only then I'll say I will be playing with Tribe :beermug:

Cocoa devils for Jouvert!!!!!

Don't give in to the evil empire...

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2011, 12:39:21 PM »

What's up with Tribe?  What makes them the evil empire? Just asking - I have no affiliation and since last playing mas in 2002 with Poision I kinda clueless about all these new bands. 
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2011, 01:06:49 PM »

What's up with Tribe?  What makes them the evil empire? Just asking - I have no affiliation and since last playing mas in 2002 with Poision I kinda clueless about all these new bands. 

Let's just say that their upper management has some interesting ideas regarding darker skinned people and their place in both their organization and the band.  In the interest of full disclosure, this is second-hand information that I received, but information that I got directly from the person to whom statements were made... someone who has enjoyed a long-standing relationship with said upper management (hence they considered the person 'safe' to make the comments to).  I absolutely vouch for credibility and reliability of the person I got the information from (although I would understand why others would remain skeptical) therefore I have no hesitation accepting it as fact.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2011, 01:20:19 PM »
If they put up pictures of last year costumes, you think anyone would notice?
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2011, 06:45:41 PM »

Let's just say that their upper management has some interesting ideas regarding darker skinned people and their place in both their organization and the band.  In the interest of full disclosure, this is second-hand information that I received, but information that I got directly from the person to whom statements were made... someone who has enjoyed a long-standing relationship with said upper management (hence they considered the person 'safe' to make the comments to).  I absolutely vouch for credibility and reliability of the person I got the information from (although I would understand why others would remain skeptical) therefore I have no hesitation accepting it as fact.

Fair enough!  But knowing the high management (the 2 girls) from since child hood and kept in touch over the years with them....I am biased!!  I am no help to the cause  ;D  I've never experience it though, or the group that plays with them every where. And that group is like the United Nations African continent.  ;D

I'm sure people say that a lot about Harts too.  But give anyone a free costume.....

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2011, 10:45:01 PM »
Fair enough!  But knowing the high management (the 2 girls) from since child hood and kept in touch over the years with them....I am biased!!  I am no help to the cause  ;D  I've never experience it though, or the group that plays with them every where. And that group is like the United Nations African continent.  ;D

I'm sure people say that a lot about Harts too.  But give anyone a free costume.....

I cyah really say ah blame yuh, if dat was my peoples I'd quicker jump with dem than take the word of some random somebody on de internet too.  My source is good friends with de sisters too... more so Lana dan Monique.  Besides, you red so you eh go experience dem kinda thing... and free costume on top ah dat?  ;D

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2011, 11:19:11 AM »

:D :D
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2011, 01:25:48 PM »

:D :D

DOUBT IT
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2011, 02:03:54 PM »
I cyah really say ah blame yuh, if dat was my peoples I'd quicker jump with dem than take the word of some random somebody on de internet too.  My source is good friends with de sisters too... more so Lana dan Monique.  Besides, you red so you eh go experience dem kinda thing... and free costume on top ah dat?  ;D

Girls in general doh go through the same kinda judgment you talking about there either...

Black man have tuh keep on jammin....
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2011, 01:52:29 PM »
http://www.trinidadcarnivaldiary.com/2011/07/tribe-take-me-to-backline-costumes.html

Dubai?

My group split down the middle between Johannesburg (4) and Cyprus(3)  :-\
I personally like Johannesburg, cause I have plans for that shoulder piece already ;D

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2011, 10:11:18 AM »

wow didn't realize this was an issue in tribe, i have cousins that model for them, next time i will ask them what the scene is

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2011, 09:13:10 AM »

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2011, 11:54:00 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2011, 03:21:09 PM »
can she dance?

1]; } ?>