April 19, 2024, 10:13:48 PM

Author Topic: Lasana article in T&T Mirror  (Read 8083 times)

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Lasana article in T&T Mirror
« on: August 04, 2011, 10:23:27 AM »
Apparently, Lasana has, or is about to publish a scathing article in the T&T Mirror. However, I can't find an online site for the paper. Anyone know how we can access this?

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Lasana article in T&T Mirror
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2011, 11:33:04 AM »
So ? Someone suppose to run and hide ?

Lasana Lieburd is such an idiot that he is writing for the Mirror now ! he should try the Punch, the Bomb or the or the Enquirer next.

Desperate times, for desperate messures.

He was better off doing one for Flex website, it would have gotton more hits and taken more seriously.

The Mirror.   :rotfl:

Jack will raise again !!!!!!!!!!!
Jack Warner will rise again and the world will beg him him to return and he will say "NO".............

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2011, 11:40:58 AM »
So ? Someone suppose to run and hide ?

Lasana Lieburd is such an idiot that he is writing for the Mirror now ! he should try the Punch, the Bomb or the or the Enquirer next.

Desperate times, for desperate messures.

He was better off doing one for Flex website, it would have gotton more hits and taken more seriously.

The Mirror.   :rotfl:

Would you pleaseeee fack off if you have nothing informative to lend. why don't you take your tongue out of jack's rare for a minute and say something useful and progressive for ah change so ppl can really tune in.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 11:45:25 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2011, 11:43:53 AM »
Would pleaseeee fack off if you have nothing informative to lend. why don't you take your tongue out of jack's rare for a minute and say something useful and progressive for ah change so ppl can really tune in.

I cannot condole my standards with such vulga language.

Just to make it clear, the Mirror is a gossip newspapers and no one takes it seriously, like it or not, then again, Trins like gossip and baccanal.

Jack Warner will rise again and the world will beg him him to return and he will say "NO".............

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2011, 12:01:45 PM »
Would pleaseeee fack off if you have nothing informative to lend. why don't you take your tongue out of jack's rare for a minute and say something useful and progressive for ah change so ppl can really tune in.

Just to make it clear, the Mirror is a gossip newspapers and no one takes it seriously, like it or not, then again, Trins like gossip and baccanal.

You want to know what's vulgar my friend, the fact that you would show up ever so often and drop little tit bits on how much of a blessing jack was and still is, when in fact he was the whole cause of the problem. and while we on the topic of vulgarity, you coming on here with your smirk cliches about jack will rise again without a leaf of elaboration is not only vulgar, but the height of obscenity!

regardless of how worthless trinis are, jack did nothing more than the average trini would do for the football. he's ah fackin dictator and ah menace to trinidad and togabo's football, and it shows.

since he was @ the helm there's not one single academy for football in T&T, and don't you dare mention the center of excellence, bc it's a show piece and nothing more!

PS: in retrospect, bertelle st clair has done more for football than jack since he has an academy/ school in tobago for football that has produced some pretty good footballers, dwight and keon being two of many.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2011, 12:04:22 PM »

There is a spell checker when you are posting.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2011, 12:06:02 PM »

There is a spell checker when you are posting.
cosign

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2011, 12:33:08 PM »
Apparently, Lasana has, or is about to publish a scathing article in the T&T Mirror. However, I can't find an online site for the paper. Anyone know how we can access this?

Me eh think d mirror on line.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2011, 12:44:46 PM »

It had an online presence until 2008 at http://www.tntmirror.com/ but seems to be gone now.

And his own outlet http://tnttimes.com is gone, too.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 12:46:40 PM by E-man »

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2011, 01:14:49 PM »
JC you self know better than tuh start de man jed lol....
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2011, 01:22:57 PM »

It had an online presence until 2008 at http://www.tntmirror.com/ but seems to be gone now.

And his own outlet http://tnttimes.com is gone, too.

hoping to launch something new soon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2011, 02:35:54 PM »

Mr Horner, obviously I expected you to be aware of the Mirrors' previous content, seeing as you cannot spell basic words such as vulgar. But it has been under new ownership for a short time with a mandate to upgrade it's content so that more intelligent people than you would find it interesting.
I understand that one of its key aims is to differ from the three main newspapers and not place its corporate tongue in the bottom of shysters like your hero, and instead indulge in investigative journalism that will expose corruption and wrongdoing.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2011, 02:37:42 PM »
I hear that Lasana's article was printed in the Mirror today. It was very critical of TTFF and Warner. It's a shame it cannot be accessed online and that on 50,000 people will see it.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2011, 02:41:08 PM »
Moderators I got it from Lasana

Warriors turn guns on Camps       
… And Warners might be next

Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) president Oliver Camps faces the prospect of an uncomfortable day in court or, at the worse, jail time after the 2006 Soca Warriors' attorneys demanded that the longstanding administrator answer for the perceived failings of the sporting body.
Frustrated by the lack of progress in unearthing "acceptable" accounting documents from the TTFF, the players have filed a "contempt of court" application in the Trinidad and Tobago High Court aimed at Camps.
The Warriors' move threatens to usher in a new phase of the four and a half year legal battle between Trinidad and Tobago football administrators and the 2006 World Cup team as the players seek to put the spotlight on the individual defendants.
The 2006 World Cup bonus battle kicked off in October 2006, three months after the Germany-based tournament, when the national footballers questioned the validity of the accounting spreadsheets provided by the TTFF, which suggested that their agreed split of World Cup income equated to $5,644 per player. A Freedom of Information Act request subsequently revealed that the TTFF's World Cup income was in excess of $173 million.
The players have since scored victories at the London-based Sport Dispute Resolution Panel, the TTFF's selected arbitration body, as well as in the local High Court and Court of Appeal. Yet, to date, the players remain without the "proper accounts" to determine their just rewards for a historic moment in local sport.
"In March, the Judge (Devindra Rampersad) ordered the TTFF to produce their accounts in a particular format and with the relevant supporting documents," said Michael Townley, the Warriors' UK-based attorney, "and they still haven't done it. What they provided instead is completely inaccurate and just a rehash of what they offered in 2006 even though those 2006 figures were totally discredited during the course of this litigation…
"We have made an application that Oliver Camps come to court and explain why he is not in contempt of court and why he should not be sent to jail."
The Warriors' application was lodged at the High Court two weeks ago and awaits review by Justice Rampersad. If Camps is found guilty, he could face a fine or imprisonment.
Camps and the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) are listed as the two defendants in the court proceedings. Although the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) has operated as the governing local football body for nearly two decades, the TTFA remains the sole organisation entrusted with running football by the Trinidad and Tobago Parliament.
Camps, de facto TTFA president since 1992, registered the TTFF as a private limited company under his name—as the sole trader—in April 2006.
Two cheques accepted by Camps on behalf of the TTFF especially concerned the players' legal team.
On May 1, 2006, Camps signed for a TT$14,487,070.50 from then Sport Minister Roger Boynes, which was payable to the “T&T Football Federation”. Four days later, Camps similarly accepted a $3 million cheque from Atlantic LNG.
The Mirror is reliably informed that neither payment shows up in the accounting spreadsheets presented by the local football body and vetted by international firm, KPMG—the Netherlands-based firm has paid out well over a billion dollars worldwide in the past decade for malpractise, ignoring erroneous statements and tax shelter fraud.
Camps was reluctant to discuss the cheques he accepted or the accounting of the body he heads.
"I cannot go in those details," said the TTFF President. "I am not the accountant. You know that my lawyer would not be happy if I made a single comment on that matter."
The Mirror enquired whether, as TTFF President, Camps would have been required to sign off on the accounting figures that he now tries to distance himself from.
"At some point, I suppose…" he replied.
Last year, Camps tried unsuccessfully to remove himself from the litigation. For now, he claimed to have complete faith in instructing attorney Om Lalla. He brushed aside any suggestion that Lalla's loyalties might be split since he also represents the TTFF—or, by its rightful name, the TTFA—and the sporting body's former special advisor and Minister of Works, Jack Warner.
Warner personally negotiated the bonus agreement with the Warriors on the TTFF's behalf and claimed to also be footing the legal bills of Camps and the sporting body.
Thus far, Warner, Camps and TTFA general secretary Richard Groden have never appeared in court beyond the submission of various documents.
This might change as the Warriors try to narrow in on Camps.
The Mirror was informed that, if the players do drag Camps into the courtroom, their encore might be even tastier.
Like Camps, the Local Organising Committee Germany 2006 also appeared to have collected revenue—in excess of $36 million—that could not be found when the TTFA presented its financial statements to the court. Warner chaired the LOC while his son, Darryl, headed the body's "Merchandising, Licensing and Marketing" operations.
The two Warners could conceivably have some explaining to do as the "Bonus-gate" affair motors on.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2011, 02:50:50 PM »
Another 1 from Lasana

Spare change?
… TTFF near bankrupt but Camps won't quit

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) has joined the queue for State funding alongside public servants and credit union depositors. Do be quick about it though. The "Soca Warriors" play their first 2014 World Cup qualifier on September 2, 2011.
The TTFF has taken a pounding for its perceived lack of transparency in recent times. Last year, High Court Judge Devindra Rampersad described its financial statements as "troubling" and "totally unaccountable".
Even the name of the local football governing body is puzzling.
The Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) is the body entrusted with the right to run local football by virtue of a local Act of Parliament. And, although the body began calling itself the "TTFF" nearly two decades ago, the actual TTFF was only officially registered in April 2006 as a private limited company by its sole trader and the TTFF president—I mean, TTFA president—Oliver Camps.
Now do you understand? No matter, the TTFF that is conducting the business of the TTFA—not to be confused with the TTFF ran by the President of the other TTFF—wants a couple million more in taxpayers dollars. Please.
Camps admitted to the Mirror that the TTFF is virtually bankrupt and is desperate for more taxpayers' money to save zonal football clubs and kick start its 2014 World Cup campaign.
"You can say (we are bankrupt)," said Camps, "although I think that is a little harsh."
Nearly five years since the 2006 World Cup, the TTFF is yet to account for over $100 million in revenue, according to information gleaned from a Freedom of Information request in 2007. It might be similarly harsh to describe that as a "misappropriation of funds". Perhaps "permanently in flux" is better.
Still, Camps insisted that "grassroots football" was on its deathbed and he had every intention of forming a rescue party.
"I have a strong feeling about assisting clubs," said Camps, who has been President since 1992. "Clubs cannot survive on their own... Look at clubs like Shamrock, Maple, Malvern and so on that have disappeared. They just could not carry on because they had no assistance and the same thing will happen to the young clubs coming up.
"Where the devil are they going to get funding?"
(The likes of Maple and Malvern still exist although, granted, their glamour days are long gone).
Camps revealed that Sport Minister Anil Roberts has become inaccessible to the TTFF in recent times. (FIFA has ordered the TTFF to stay clear of its disgraced former special advisor Jack Warner or face sanctions).
"We are not getting much cooperation from the Ministry of Sport," said Camps. "I expected much more support from the Minister of Sport because Mr Roberts is a sportsman and he knows what the various sporting bodies have to go through…
"So far, my best times were when Roger Boynes was (Minister of Sport)… He understood what we needed."
The national football team has not played since its humiliating group stage exit from the Caribbean Cup, last November, while the TTFF is yet to settle debts with players and coaching staff accrued in 2010—not to mention the outstanding bonus payments for its 2006 World Cup team.
The TTFF hired experienced German coach, Otto Pfister, in March but is yet to arrange a warm-up game for the benefit of his squad. Camps claimed the inactivity of the team was down to financial problems as several sponsors opted not to renew deals with the body.
Camps and general secretary Richard Groden face the threat of FIFA sanctions too after failing to report attempted bribes at a Caribbean Football Union (CFU) meeting in Port of Spain on May 10, which led to Warner's resignation and a life ban for ex-Asian Football Confederation (AFC) president Mohamed Bin Hammam.
However, Camps, who was returned unopposed as TTFF president last November, vowed not to resign his post.
"I don’t ever run from problems," said Camps, "that is not my speed. I have to try to help.
"If I run away, I will be showing I have no interest in the development of the young people."
Now, if only someone will write the TTFF another cheque.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2011, 02:53:04 PM »
Well done Weary!!! :applause: :applause:

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2011, 03:01:46 PM »
"I have a strong feeling about assisting clubs," said Camps, who has been President since 1992. "Clubs cannot survive on their own... Look at clubs like Shamrock, Maple, Malvern and so on that have disappeared. They just could not carry on because they had no assistance and the same thing will happen to the young clubs coming up.
"Where the devil are they going to get funding?"

This is such a disgraceful comment on so many levels. First, what, exactly in 20 years have TTFF/TTFA done for grass roots football?

They are in place SPECIFICALLY to obtain funding for all levels of the game. They should use the Senior National team as an income generator to attract funding. But where did the $180 million go to? The Act of Parliament that recognised TTFF/TTFA should be recsinded and tenders should be requested for a new federation complete with budgets and business plans.

Obviously, they change to TTFF because TTFA stood for T&T F**king A**holes.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2011, 03:52:31 PM »
TTFF used to waste down Boynes now Camps begging for him back...this is from 2006.

: $78M given to football.
By: Sean Douglas (Express)

Minister of Sport and Youth Affairs Roger Boynes said yesterday Government has provided $78 million to promote local football including the Soca Warriors at the recent World Cup Finals in Germany.
He made the assertion in a written reply to a question by Chaguanas Member of Parliament Manohar Ramsaran yesterday in the House of Representatives.
The $78 million was broken down with $14 million for general football initiatives, including $10 million to the TT Football Federation (TTFF) to initially prepare for the FIFA World Cup. The rest was for community and pro-league football. About $31 million was given to the TTFF upon the national team’s qualification for the World Cup Finals (including $20 million from the ministry to pay salaries, stipends and bonuses for players and technical staff). Another $10 million went to Government agencies like TSTT, NLCB, Petrotrin and NGC for unspecified purposes.
Boynes said some $32 million was given out in rewards to players and technical staff after the team’s outstanding performance against Sweden, England and Paraguay in Germany. The Government also gave $1 million to the TTFF to host the Caribbean Football Union Youth Cup in Trinidad and Tobago last month.

So how have these and monies been spent to promote non-professional football. Is years now they getting millions and not one red cent properly accounted for. Who in their right mind will throw taxpayers money at a secretive private monopoly with a horrendous track record and not one single idea except for vagueries about 'proper marketing'. At least Anil finally have the decency to hide
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 03:54:05 PM by ZANDOLIE »
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2011, 04:35:40 PM »
Excellent work Weary...
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2011, 04:43:48 PM »
Thanks Weary!!  :beermug:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2011, 04:45:54 PM »
"So far, my best times were when Roger Boynes was (Minister of Sport)… He understood what we needed."

well, Well, well!!!!!!!! You never miss the water till the well run dry.  Long ago allyuh use to bawl, PNM gov't don't do sh-t for sport. Now you saying that was the best of times. best of time to tief taxpayers money!!!!!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2011, 06:10:24 PM »
I don't want to appear dense....but that $78 million don't add up!

$14 million for general football initiatives, including $10 million to the TT Football Federation (TTFF) to initially prepare for the FIFA World Cup.

About $31 million was given to the TTFF upon the national team’s qualification for the World Cup Finals (including $20 million from the ministry to pay salaries, stipends and bonuses for players and technical staff)

Another $10 million went to Government agencies

The Government also gave $1 million to the TTFF to host the Caribbean Football Union Youth Cup

That equals $56 million

Boynes said some $32 million was given out in rewards

That equals $88 million!   

I guess the $10 to government agencies wasn't part of the $78 million? So why put it in the middle of that statement? No wonder everyone gets confused.

Whatever the situation, according to Townley, this is the $78 million not shown anywhere in TTFF accounts.

Regardless of the SocaWarrior case, the govt should be enquiring agressively of the whereabouts of this money, what it was used for, why it isn't showing in any accounts and why it wasn't used for the specified purpose it was issued, including paying the players bonuses.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2011, 06:35:16 PM »
Well it looks like the TTFF/A will be disbanded and no campaign for 2014. But this might be the best thing for T&T football in the long term.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2011, 09:53:31 PM »
The three watch words of Trinbago Discipline , Tolerance and Production .

But this is a perfect example of how they change the words to suit them, Discipline and Tolerance to tolerate

corruption and if anybody go to jail i would say things changing .
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2011, 10:30:14 PM »
Apparently, Lasana has, or is about to publish a scathing article in the T&T Mirror...

I was expecting more... but unlike the general public we here on SW.net are privy to much of the internal goings on, so if it helps make the average man on the street understand just how corruptedly rotten the TTFF is at the core, then it would have performed its part.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2011, 10:32:05 PM »
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2011, 10:38:36 PM »
Apparently, Lasana has, or is about to publish a scathing article in the T&T Mirror...

I was expecting more... but unlike the general public we here on SW.net are privy to much of the internal goings on, so if it helps make the average man on the street understand just how corruptedly rotten the TTFF is at the core, then it would have performed its part.

I am no longer going to use the words TTFF as this is a bandulo corporation designed to side step any pressure that might come there way. These guys are unbelievable and I too am getting myself prepared to face 4-6 years of no ball. but i get the feeling that now is the time and I am prepared to put my trust where my mouth is. To hell with de TTFF, and the TTFA needs to be disbanded and reformed and since it was a parliament act to put de TTFA in power then it can also be a parliament act to get them out. Please government assist us all and get them out! We willing to suffer just get them out! 
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2011, 10:46:52 PM »

I am no longer going to use the words TTFF as this is a bandulo corporation designed to side step any pressure that might come there way. These guys are unbelievable and I too am getting myself prepared to face 4-6 years of no ball. but i get the feeling that now is the time and I am prepared to put my trust where my mouth is. To hell with de TTFF, and the TTFA needs to be disbanded and reformed and since it was a parliament act to put de TTFA in power then it can also be a parliament act to get them out. Please government assist us all and get them out! We willing to suffer just get them out! 

The TTFF/TTFA distinction is pretty meaningless to be honest.

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2011, 11:20:06 PM »
Another 1 from Lasana

Spare change?
… TTFF near bankrupt but Camps won't quit

Once again correction old man. Roger Boynes did not understand what you needed. What you really needed was two bull pissel in your arse.
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2011, 04:50:05 AM »
Weary, ... Warrior you are. Nuff respect.

Greatful to Lasana for his contribution. Fantastic read. Chock full of information and neat summaries, crucial for the uninformed and not-so-informed warrior fan.

Keep the pressure on Warriors. The right tactic is being pursued by going for the head, and incidentally weakest link, of the TTFF (Scampito)  with his doddering, inarticulate, dumb-ass-looking, pathetic PR presence. The fact that he is talking and not looking so autistic theses days is testimony to the fact that he is feeling threatened and vulnerable for the first time. Finish him off with the court case. The deck of cards will collapse one by one, rapidly. Hit hard before Sept as he is hoping that the World Cup qualifying game at that time will distract us and the country again, as we would be expected to be waving and wining and fighting over who geh pick, in keeping with our historically poor attention span.

Whether just cool rants or raves over Daryl Roberts or Small Mag campaigns for counteracting Birchall persecution won't really matter with this sinking ship. Take TTFF to de cleaners .... mercilessly. Doh study the naysayers. just do yuh ting.

Good luck Sancho, Kelvin, Shaka, Stern-turn-inho, Kenwyne, No-nonsense-Anthony, Cyd, Evans and de res' of de posse. You are the biggest heroes that T&T has seen in a long time.

:beermug:
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 01:09:30 PM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

1]; } ?>