March 29, 2024, 08:10:17 AM

Author Topic: Darryl Roberts on trial with Portland Timbers.  (Read 5335 times)

Offline fish

• Sr. Warrior
  • "Study the past if you would define the future"
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 04:38:11 PM by Flex »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Re: Darryl Roberts on Trial
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2011, 04:37:01 PM »
should make that side easily

he has the talent, skill and speed :beermug:

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Darryl Roberts on trial with Portland Timbers.
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2011, 04:53:51 PM »
YES.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2011, 05:04:45 PM »
I love Timbers stadium. Them and Sounders have some rel passionate supporters
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2011, 09:20:14 PM »
I like what ah hearin'. Good strategic move Daryl. Best of luck. If you get in the States, your career will take off and you will definitely become a more "visible" star and visible to the scouts that really matter right now.

:beermug:
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2011, 10:32:30 PM »
Somebody get just cool a rag... and some lotion.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2011, 07:09:22 AM »
Lord ah hope dis boy get to play in de MLS yes....ummm, somebody tell meh again why he never feature in de last excuse we had for ah National team, tell me nah!!
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline #4

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • #YGBfiles: The Young, Gifted, and Black Files
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2011, 07:46:24 AM »
Lord ah hope dis boy get to play in de MLS yes....ummm, somebody tell meh again why he never feature in de last excuse we had for ah National team, tell me nah!!

What was even more inexplicable is that he saved us from losing to Bermuda, and then he disappeared! I think T&T could make a quality "B" team of decent players who have played for us since 2005, and then just "disappeared" off the national radar. (Randi Patterson, anyone?)

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2011, 07:55:28 AM »
Good stuff.

Saw him recently here on vacation, i know that he kinda at a crossroads now with the Turkey stint finished.

This player needs to continue at the top level, hope this works out for him.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2011, 11:10:12 AM »

What was even more inexplicable is that he saved us from losing to Bermuda, and then he disappeared! I think T&T could make a quality "B" team of decent players who have played for us since 2005, and then just "disappeared" off the national radar. (Randi Patterson, anyone?)
B team? yuh mean A team. latas left out our best players from his team sheet. here's ah list of them.

julius james (until recently when hw noticed that the bums he insisted on was nothing but)
colin samuels (scored in his first game and never featured since)
kendell jagdeosingh (was playing and doing well in the concacaf champions league with PS islander)
khaleem hyland (our best midfielder bar non)
avery john (how could keston williams ever hold a candle to this guy)
darryl roberts ( played on the highest level and scored goals against some of the best teams in the world, and knows how to score)
scott sealy (another experienced goal scorer)
nigel henry ( this guy was playing well in concacaf CL for PR, ah much better choice than andrews)
osie telesford ( was also playing CCL ball @ the time)
lester peltier ( ah kid with quality and skill, if wenger loved this guy then who's latas to ignore)
micah lewis ( another promising player who was hotting up CCL with JP)

this is not no B team, these were some quality players that "coach" latapy blatantly ignored for bums! and i will never forgive him for that, he facked up our football with his BS power triping, glad he turned out to be ah fackin loser. serves him right!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2011, 11:26:08 AM »

B team? yuh mean A team. latas left out our best players from his team sheet. here's ah list of them.

julius james (until recently when hw noticed that the bums he insisted on was nothing but)
kendell jagdeosingh (was playing and doing well in the concacaf champions league with PS islander)
darryl roberts ( played on the highest level and scored goals against some of the best teams in the world, and knows how to score)
nigel henry ( this guy was playing well in concacaf CL for PR, ah much better choice than andrews)
lester peltier ( ah kid with quality and skill, if wenger loved this guy then who's latas to ignore)

this is not no B team, these were some quality players that "coach" latapy blatantly ignored for bums! and i will never forgive him for that, he facked up our football with his BS power triping, glad he turned out to be ah fackin loser. serves him right!

Avery and Samuel= Blacklist
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline fish

• Sr. Warrior
  • "Study the past if you would define the future"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2011, 11:29:08 AM »

Avery and Samuel= Blacklist

Chris Birchall

Offline #4

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • #YGBfiles: The Young, Gifted, and Black Files
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2011, 11:31:21 AM »

This is a good list of players, and I was even thinking as far back as some of the young guys who got a bligh in the 2007 Gold Cup under Wim, but completely disappeared once he left.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2011, 01:53:28 PM »
Just Cool... your list not accurate eh.. just letting you know
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline diamondtrim

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2011, 02:30:02 PM »

Because he is a shitong..............

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2011, 03:42:53 PM »
See that cut arse the Timbers put on LA...lawd. I like the timber-jack after a goal.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2011, 03:51:40 PM »
this yute real solid. i hope tings work out for him.   on a side note me and the man is friends on fb but i know i ent send a request and i doubt he add me...trying to figure this one out ???

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2011, 05:32:48 PM »
Well elaborate, don't just leave me in the dark. after all, there's no shame in my game, and i am always willing and eager to learn.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 05:36:46 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2011, 05:34:33 PM »

This coming from ah fella who thinks that jack warner was the greatest thing to ever happen to T&T football. yeh, i could see your point.  :notlistening:

Offline diamondtrim

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2011, 07:12:13 PM »

This coming from ah fella who thinks that jack warner was the greatest thing to ever happen to T&T football. yeh, i could see your point.  :notlistening:

it doh matter where it come from......darryl roberts is ah shitong.....he not good enough to cut it in any mildly competitive league....alyuh hopin he make it in d mls....steupsssss

SHITONG!!!!

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2011, 07:25:46 PM »
Well elaborate, don't just leave me in the dark. after all, there's no shame in my game, and i am always willing and eager to learn.

James, Jaggy and Peltier all played on the failed Digicel Cup team as well as other games under Latas in 2010.
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2011, 07:38:26 PM »
Thanks Firebrand...Just Cool..thats the correction there
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2011, 08:08:27 PM »

James, Jaggy and Peltier all played on the failed Digicel Cup team as well as other games under Latas in 2010.
that's at the tail end of his appointment when he realized that the locals he insisted on couldn't cut it @ the international level. all the players you mentioned with the exception of julius got their first look by latas in the degicel.

remember latas insisted on hislop , aklie, keston williams, and tinto. after ah while he realized that these guys didn't have it so he reached out to hyland roberts and birchall who were all in their early season and since it was not an international date they couldn't come. but before they couldn't catch ah break from latas.

as for julius james, he got his first look from latas when we played either honduras or costa rica and he got a straight red, and marvin phillips saved the penalty. after that james was in the dog house after his first cap. latas never looked his way again until his job was in jeopardy during the degicel when spalk threatened him.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 08:15:04 PM by just cool »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2011, 08:24:11 PM »

it doh matter where it come from......darryl roberts is ah shitong.....he not good enough to cut it in any mildly competitive league....alyuh hopin he make it in d mls....steupsssss

SHITONG!!!!
You probably never kick ah forkin lime in yuh life, let alone have the ability tuh identify talent. yus the kind ah guy who probably think pancho and latas was top notch coaches.

remember this, there were only ah few T&T players who went from rookies to ah top league and roberts is one of them, after latas and yorke . he not only played in one top flight team but two, and if he's ah sh!thound like you said, then he's ah really lucky one to play on such ah high level for so long fooling ah whole heap ah coaches in the process.

i now know why ah fella like you could like jack warner, it appears to me that not only can you identify talent, but yuh sense of judgment is on point as well. ;D

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2011, 08:35:54 PM »

that's at the tail end of his appointment when he realized that the locals he insisted on couldn't cut it @ the international level. all the players you mentioned with the exception of julius got their first look by latas in the degicel.
remember latas insisted on hislop , aklie, keston williams, and tinto. after ah while he realized that these guys didn't have it so he reached out to hyland roberts and birchall who were all in their early season and since it was not an international date they couldn't come. but before they couldn't catch ah break from latas.

as for julius james, he got his first look from latas when we played either honduras or costa rica and he got a straight red, and marvin phillips saved the penalty. after that james was in the dog house after his first cap. latas never looked his way again until his job was in jeopardy during the degicel when spalk threatened him.

Not quite... under Latas, Jaggy played one friendly (against Ja.) and Peltier played in 4 friendlies (against Antigua X2, Guyana and Ja) prior to the Digicel Cup
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2011, 03:00:48 AM »

Not quite... under Latas, Jaggy played one friendly (against Ja.) and Peltier played in 4 friendlies (against Antigua X2, Guyana and Ja) prior to the Digicel Cup
OK, so i stand corrected, but my point is, latas ignored ah lot of talented players and for a very long time, including roberts, hyland and birchall, three of our better players, of which he had no warrant to do so.

instead he went with his heart and not his head, ah mistake that most local coaches who had the honor of coaching our national team duplicated. don't misunderstand me, i don't have any ill feelings towards latas, but for the two yrs he was in charge, he got it wrong 90% of the time, especially in his team selection policy.

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2011, 08:12:21 AM »

OK, so i stand corrected, but my point is, latas ignored ah lot of talented players and for a very long time, including roberts, hyland and birchall, three of our better players, of which he had no warrant to do so.

instead he went with his heart and not his head, ah mistake that most local coaches who had the honor of coaching our national team duplicated. don't misunderstand me, i don't have any ill feelings towards latas, but for the two yrs he was in charge, he got it wrong 90% of the time, especially in his team selection policy.

It was not his team selection policy....... "Choose from what we allow you to choose from". Who was paying for Roberts and Birchall to fly home ????? Latas ?????

Not saying that he was a good coach but let us be realistic with what he had to work with. It is all coming out to the light not...the TTFF is BANKRUPT. Latas and them ent get pay for over a year so how the hell they getting money to bring home players on a regular basis.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2011, 12:22:21 PM »

but only few of dem players are playing consistently at their clubs. Will you put players who are not in form to play for de national team ?

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2011, 12:34:42 PM »

but only few of dem players are playing consistently at their clubs. Will you put players who are not in form to play for de national team ?

Players not playing regularly for their clubs doesn't mean they out of form, it just means that someone in their position is playing better.  If KJ goes to Liverpool and benches behind Carrol and Suarez, it doesn't mean he should not be called. 
Even if they are definitely out of form, our pool isn't deep enough to leave them out.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2011, 01:11:16 PM »

Come on bredder, get yuh facts straight. which one ah these players was not featuring for their clubs on a regular? if my memory serves me right it had players who ran out for latas on ah regular that had no club, keon daniel being one of them.

julius james was ah staring fixture for DC united, so was scott sealy in israel, roberts in turkey, samuels @ st jonston, hyland in belgium and avery john, @ DC united.

nigel henry was also a starter for PR islander, with jagdeosingh being ah super sub @ PR as well, the only person who didn't run out regular was telesford and that's BC he was semi injured.

can't really speak fort lester bc he was @ jablo, and lewis, well i only found out about this guy in the concacaf CL with JP, and he was ah real offensive threat especially on the left flank.

all in all, i feel latas had ah great deal to do with the BS, even though a lot of ppl want to exonerate him. i not buying this "latas was set up to fail" nonsense, bc @ the end of the day, no body cyar make yuh do nothing yuh don't want tuh do, especially someone in latas position.

1]; } ?>