April 24, 2024, 10:06:09 AM

Author Topic: Strike Squad Thread (Videos Included).  (Read 16020 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Strike Squad Thread (Videos Included).
« on: August 04, 2011, 08:44:04 PM »

« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 02:05:44 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: VIDEO: Strike Squad vs Peru & Ireland.
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2011, 09:14:37 PM »
Thanks for the Ireland vid Flex (though in fact this is not the Irish national team but a League of Ireland XI)!  Nice strike by Latas too.  Would be interesting to see T&T's 2-1 win over Ireland in 1982 as well, though I doubt there is video of that.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 09:18:59 PM by theworm2345 »

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2011, 07:50:27 AM »
Good stuff...

That Latas goal vs Peru. I wonder if men understanding that slight feint of body and quick push to create the space to unleash that bullet.

Pure class. It don't have a player in Trinidad capable of that right now.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2011, 08:11:13 AM »
This is really some good stuff.

Great job Flex, like how yuh edit it.

Big up to Gally.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2011, 12:06:24 PM »
I remember studying in the 80s and there was this Irish student who was football mad,when I told him that we beat the Irish Rep he said in my dreams,I had no proof coz a friend told me bout it.I didn't believe at first but I eventually bought a magazine called World Soccer and found it,I showed him and what a relief that was for me.The thing is he and many British people didn't know we had good ballers in the Caribbean,at least they started finding out when TT got so far in 89.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2011, 12:14:10 PM »
aah boy...Gally open up the vault to flex

Great nostalgia guys
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2011, 01:45:45 PM »
Flex,

ah nearly dead when I see something like Star Trek in the middle of the Peru match.

Rep. of Ireland had a shit team in the 80s. ASL beat them in the mid 80s.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: VIDEO: Strike Squad vs Peru, Guatemala & Ireland.
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2011, 02:44:23 PM »

« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 07:26:25 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2011, 03:27:42 PM »
Rep. of Ireland had a shit team in the 80s. ASL beat them in the mid 80s.
Thats not true at all.  Almost qualified for WC '82 but missed by a hair on goal difference to France.  There was a weak period when Ireland came to T&T in '82 and lost 2-1 and to Brazil where they lost 7-0, to this day thats the record loss.  Jack Charlton took over in in 1986 and the next decade was a great one with a victory over Brazil in '87, qualifying for Euro '88, beating the English and drawing with the Soviets there.  Then qualified for WC '90 in '89 and made the quarterfinals.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 03:32:02 PM by theworm2345 »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2011, 07:22:21 PM »

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Strike Squad Thread (Videos Included).
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2011, 08:18:56 PM »
Thanks for the videos.  I was at that return Guatemala game.  We went down by 1 early on and then scored 2 to win.  Good memories.
That side we had with Yorke, Stern, Latas, Eve, Elcock, Nakhid and Dwarika was a good one.  Really unfortunate that we couldn't do better.

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2011, 04:14:38 AM »
This is breath taking.

Imagine, the current under 20 team men and women never seen these guys play.

Cherish these moments.

Flex, Gally,  :applause:

Offline behind-de-bridge

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2011, 06:16:45 AM »
Good job Flex. Gally was de greatest!

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2011, 07:16:30 AM »
 :notworthy: :notworthy:

Flex, you're the greatest! I have been looking for the Jameson goal vs Guatemala at the Hasely Crawford Stadium (Just the National Stadium back then) for 20 years.

I remember watching that match on television with my father and his cousins. It was nuff hand-wringing and cussing going on, until that amazing Jameson bullet!

That bullet sparked the europhia which ultimately proved to be premature.

For that magical period though, the T&T became truly united and we seemed to have forgotten all our problems.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2011, 08:49:01 AM »
My pores raising watching them videos, even replaying it over and over I get the same feeling.

Was about 10 years old when my pops took me to the stadium to see those games.. Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala then the USA game. It is here that my love for the national team was born.

Keep them coming..

I wish there was a way we could source the full video tapes of those games from back then and digitize for download.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2011, 09:44:19 AM »
BESSSSS!!!!!!!!!  Lord the memories!!!

After that, in Trini the lay off and shoot from distance was "de Kerry".... The one in Guatemala was great technique, outside of the foot with the ball taking a slight hop before he hit it....and the one in the Stadium...no words can describe - it was like the perfect ending to a movie...We press and press and press and when de pressure finally buss the pipe with a bess goal to boot....I eh think Trini had ever exeperience that kinda Euphoria before (Hasely in 76 maybe?)...as a 12 yr old impressionable and naive youth I couldn't imagine that there was anything that could touch our Strike Squad...I still think I experienced more pure joy with the Strike Squad through the '89 campaign than the Warriors qualification in 2005 - because I was an adult by 2005, and more jaded and more realistic about what our squad could do...in '89 I honestly thought T&T could take on the world -t'was pure fantasy...

Thanks for the vids Flex - Great work!

Jamerson pass tuh Leo for the cross on Philbert first goal in the Guate game was sublime....

« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 09:50:29 AM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2011, 11:08:44 AM »
Well I must compliment Mr Flex Mohammed for this.

Mr Gally Cummings did well to, I am surprised he gave Flex these vids, this says a lot, he is very paranoid and to himself kind of fella. He is a person to don't trust many.

Great good on getting Gally to open to you Flex, you might be the few to have ever done so.

Jack will raise again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jack Warner will rise again and the world will beg him him to return and he will say "NO".............

Offline Trinitozbone

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2011, 01:00:22 PM »
Maybe Flex seems like a trustworthy guy to Gally since he seems like a true patriot! Jack Horner you should try and be the same!

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2011, 04:48:55 PM »
Gally wanted me to let you guys know that he released all these videos so one can see and understand the connection or continuation of our footballing history, especially our youth, because, to date, the TTFF has never done an analyses or have asked him anything about his team and philosophy.

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2011, 05:59:59 PM »
Gally wanted me to let you guys know that he released all these videos so one can see and understand the connection or continuation of our footballing history, especially our youth, because, to date, the TTFF has never done an analyses or have asked him anything about his team and philosophy.

Thank you again for posting the link. Just one slight quibble. In the description, the venue for the Jamerson goal is listed as Queen's Park Oval on the site. It was actually at the National Stadium.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2011, 06:05:44 PM »

Thank you both for keeping the future teams in mind. We have a crop of leaders who care only for their own pockets and are therefore shortsighted. People in the mold of Gally are models to be emulated. T&T are fortunate to have resources like him. I know it is hard but, don't be weary in well doing; for, you shall reap if you faint not. To instill national pride in a generation of people, wow! May his tribe increase.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2011, 04:36:48 AM »
Good job Flex. Gally was de greatest!
If Gally was the greatest we would have qualified for 1990,instead he couldn't find a way to do so.TT was playing against the most boring and defensive team in COCCACAF...USA,they couldn't score a goal to save their bloody lives and had the worst record of goals scored to qualify for a WC.
Gally messed up by not playing one of our best players and only professional Nakhid,that was a mistake.I saw that match and our players were holding on to the ball much too long giving the US defence to nuff time to re-group,didn't Gally see that and try to change,the TT wingers were also trying to dance to the calypso beat to much,we lost coz Gally come up against a team that planned to defend and Gally should have known that and not opened up so dam early in the game to give the US their chance of scoring,which they did.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2011, 12:46:27 PM »

Turn your speakers on.....

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2011, 04:01:26 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2011, 06:26:14 PM »
Personally gave up on football after de 1990 campaign, was nice that we resurrected things in 06 and now we are where we are.  The sinusoidal "progress" continues.  Thanks Flex  :beermug:
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2011, 05:39:11 AM »
WOW the strike squad was no joke. NEVER MISSED A GAME BACK IN THE DAY. Wish they could find the game against Norway from the Oval

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2011, 06:45:05 AM »

Turn your speakers on.....

This was my first game I ever saw T&T play in real life.

Brings back alot of memories.

Thanks Flex, love the back ground music at the end, it bring tears to my eyes.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2011, 08:02:28 AM »

Dem goals does still make meh SCREAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2011, 08:04:25 AM »
Personally gave up on football after de 1990 campaign, was nice that we resurrected things in 06 and now we are where we are.  The sinusoidal "progress" continues.  Thanks Flex  :beermug:

CO-SIGNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2011, 09:24:47 AM »
The only man who benefitted from 1990 and 2006 campaigns was Jackula. Passion,euphoria, pride and patriotism means nothing. It's scary but we may not have hit rock bottom yet! :nailbiting: :frustrated:

1]; } ?>