March 28, 2024, 09:57:20 AM

Author Topic: Bring back Ansil Elcock  (Read 8188 times)

MickeyRat

Re: Bring back Ansil Elcock
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2005, 12:19:28 PM »
I hope dis WCQ campaign is de last one dat is devoid of planning. I hope Lincoln Phillips and his associates get de necessary funding and support to help develop football in dis nation. I really tired :frustrated: of dis "bring back" mentality . Bring back Yorke, bring back Latas, bring back Nakhid, bring back Rougier, bring back Wise, bring back Dwarika, bring back Nixon, bring back Stokely Mason, now bring back Elcock. Whether those calls are justified or not, it illustrates de fact dat we have remained stagnant over de years. If we always having tuh be looking back, den either we current crop of players lame no ass, or we have and continue to do a poor job of spotting, developing and nurturing our talent. While our competitors are fielding talent fuh de future, we constantly recycling. No wonder when Bertille came back in charge, he immediately bring back men from yesteryear. Me eh hearing de US saying bring back Tab Ramos, bring back Marcelo Balboa, bring back Cobi Jones etc. Mexico eh saying bring back Luis Fernandez, bring back Carlos Hermosillo. We have tuh wait fuh foreign clubs tuh discover our players' potential. We have tuh wait for players tuh strike in order tuh discover new players. We too blasted reactive and not proactive. Come nah man, leh we move forward.

I totally agree with Tallman.  This sentimental attachment we have with players of the past have to go.   What Ansil go come and do, scare people away from the ball?

Offline MATADOR

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2005, 12:38:24 PM »
People lets look at a few facts.. Corneal used to coach Ansil when he played for Malta Carib Alcons.. Plus he attended Corneal's coaching school... He is one of Alvin's favorite boys. Next fact is, Ansil is washed up compared to the level our warriors are at right now, his mentality for the game has always been weak, and had gotten him in some trouble since he played in Ohio... He is at best a good fete match player.. so we could bring him back for the Germany Professioanl Fete Match Team.. and while we at it.. lets call up Brow..Michael Maurice.

MickeyRat

« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2005, 12:40:31 PM »
People lets look at a few facts.. Corneal used to coach Ansil when he played for Malta Carib Alcons.. Plus he attended Corneal's coaching school... He is one of Alvin's favorite boys. Next fact is, Ansil is washed up compared to the level our warriors are at right now, his mentality for the game has always been weak, and had gotten him in some trouble since he played in Ohio... He is at best a good fete match player.. so we could bring him back for the Germany Professioanl Fete Match Team.. and while we at it.. lets call up Brow..Michael Maurice.

By the way, Welcome to the Forum.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2005, 12:41:05 PM »
yeah man welcome
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2005, 12:47:17 PM »

He is at best a good fete match player..

nah man
yuh being ah lil harsh man

Més que un club.

Offline MATADOR

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2005, 01:08:28 PM »
Thanks for the welcome everyone... but ok maybe a bit harsh.. but i have both played and drank with him.. he would make a good player for the fete match team...smiles.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2005, 01:35:47 PM »
nah boy I used to luv MR.#13 ANSIL ELCOCK he used to make make man fraid to touch d ball... buh i havent seen him in top flight football for a while now... hes older i think Corneal think da we make it to d world cup we can do ANYTHING! which is a cliche da fellahz like to say way to often. I HAVE MAD LOVE FOR ANSIL buh why would we bring him back... we already have rel options for defence in players like Dog, Tallest, Avery John, Cyd Gray (who insites terror dese days), Atiba Charles (who is still young but all the games he play for us he played with solid tackles and sensible clearances) AND Jloyd Samuel might still come too.  I like Elcock as much as d next man buh i just dont think its a resonable choice.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2005, 06:38:16 PM »
nah boy I used to luv MR.#13 ANSIL ELCOCK he used to make make man fraid to touch d ball... buh i havent seen him in top flight football for a while now... hes older i think Corneal think da we make it to d world cup we can do ANYTHING! which is a cliche da fellahz like to say way to often. I HAVE MAD LOVE FOR ANSIL buh why would we bring him back... we already have rel options for defence in players like Dog, Tallest, Avery John, Cyd Gray (who insites terror dese days), Atiba Charles (who is still young but all the games he play for us he played with solid tackles and sensible clearances) AND Jloyd Samuel might still come too.  I like Elcock as much as d next man buh i just dont think its a resonable choice.

dred you real tending to exaggerate:
"Cyd Gray (who insites terror dese days)"
I really eh tink so u know.
He had a good game but I eh think he inciting any terrors
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2005, 07:36:04 PM »
yea i am exaggeratin... jus to push meh arguement buh i think is quite valid an in d last match against bahrain between cyd gray and kenwyne i sure a bahrain man foot break.  :rotfl:
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Teflon Don

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2005, 08:17:00 PM »
this is what i think about this post :bs:

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Ansil Elcock threatens to sue Clynt Taylor
« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2019, 05:14:17 AM »
Ansil Elcock threatens to sue Clynt Taylor
By Walter Alibey (T&T Guardian)

Clynt Tay­lor, gen­er­al sec­re­tary of the Cen­tral Foot­ball As­so­ci­a­tion (CFA) is set to face le­gal ac­tion from for­mer na­tion­al de­fend­er An­cil El­cock, Guardian Me­dia Sports was re­li­ably in­formed on Fri­day.

It is un­der­stood, Tay­lor was the au­thor of a let­ter writ­ten to the Ch­agua­nas Bor­ough Cor­po­ra­tion last year, in his ca­pac­i­ty as rep­re­sen­ta­tive of CFA, ask­ing the Bor­ough to re­con­sid­er its de­ci­sion to name a ground sit­u­at­ed on Fred­er­ick Set­tle­ment in Ca­roni, af­ter the for­mer na­tion­al de­fend­er, due to his lifestyle.

El­cock who played for the MLS (USA's Ma­jor League Soc­cer) team Colum­bus Crew be­tween 1997 and 2001 (130 games and 7 goals), and has 69 caps for the na­tion­al team be­tween 1994 and 2004, is claim­ing defama­tion of char­ac­ter by Tay­lor. The first hear­ing has been set for Oc­to­ber 15.

Con­tact­ed on Fri­day Tay­lor said his as­so­ci­a­tion was con­tact­ed by a few of its mem­bers re­quest­ing it does some­thing about the nam­ing of the ground in El­cock's name, since his lifestyle has been un­be­com­ing of a per­son be­ing so ho­n­oured, and who is can be viewed as a role mod­el.

It is un­der­stood the bor­ough has been con­sid­er­ing the re­quest by the CFA. At­tempts to reach El­cock were un­suc­cess­ful. El­cock al­so played for To­ba­go Unit­ed in the Pro­fes­sion­al Foot­ball League from 2003-2008. How­ev­er, he be­came in­fa­mous for frac­tur­ing Mex­i­can su­per­star Cuauhté­moc Blan­co in a World Cup qual­i­fi­ca­tion match in 2000 at the Es­ta­dio Azteca in Mex­i­co City.

The T&T de­fend­er was shown a straight red card by the ref­er­ee for ex­ces­sive force, al­though he was al­ready on a yel­low card.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2019, 11:57:55 AM »
but what is this "since his lifestyle has been un­be­com­ing of a per­son be­ing so ho­n­oured" ?

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2019, 12:20:28 PM »
but what is this "since his lifestyle has been un­be­com­ing of a per­son be­ing so ho­n­oured" ?
Exactly! I now want to know what type of lifestyle this man lived. Barkley was just honored with a statue, Trump has a star on the Hollywood walk of fame, George Best (two Miss Worlds, models and booze) honored on various levels, I can't imagine his lifestyle was comparable to theirs lol

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2019, 04:02:15 PM »
Exactly! I now want to know what type of lifestyle this man lived. Barkley was just honored with a statue, Trump has a star on the Hollywood walk of fame, George Best (two Miss Worlds, models and booze) honored on various levels, I can't imagine his lifestyle was comparable to theirs lol

Wha Barkley do?

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2019, 07:58:33 AM »

Wha Barkley do?
If we're talking about lifestyle Sir Charles wasn't the ideal role model and he always admits it on Inside the NBA on TNT. He's a gambler, he's into night life, had some run ins with the law e.g. broke a man's nose in a fight in Milwaukee, got a DUI in AZ after he got caught speeding with a bird in his car. He admittedly told the cops he was hustling to go around the corner to get a.....fill in the blank, because she is the bess. He had to take a leave of absence from TNT due to that. What I like about him is that he openly admits all these things on tv and takes ownership of his shortcomings. I'm sure I can google him to find more stuff.
My question is what Elcock did because I don't know anything of his lifestyle.

1]; } ?>