April 18, 2024, 11:48:49 AM

Author Topic: Strike Squad Thread (Videos Included).  (Read 15983 times)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Strike Squad Thread (Videos Included).
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2011, 09:26:54 AM »
The only man who benefitted from 1990 and 2006 campaigns was Jackula. Passion,euphoria, pride and patriotism means nothing. It's scary but we may not have hit rock bottom yet! :nailbiting: :frustrated:

Always remember we iz d land of d limbo so we low very low.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Burn Boots

« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2011, 07:19:31 AM »
frico, why all yuh so? The man was kind enough to release these videos for the world to see and i know you enjoying it. He did a good job,the greatest coaches and players does lose. Have you really, really see this team play. Don't forget that Leo put Latas on the bench in Germany, 2006.
You mentioned gally's name five times. He must be great. 
 get real nah man?

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2011, 07:36:08 AM »
frico, why all yuh so? The man was kind enough to release these videos for the world to see and i know you enjoying it. He did a good job,the greatest coaches and players does lose. Have you really, really see this team play. Don't forget that Leo put Latas on the bench in Germany, 2006.
You mentioned gally's name five times. He must be great. 
 get real nah man?

You will get the negatives sometimes, everybody looses, even the greatest.

Big respect to Gally for these class videos, a world class team and a boss coach who I believe if he had stayed on, T&T football would have been in a better place.

Gally should get a few men now and go challenge the TTFF to replace all heads there.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2011, 09:14:09 AM »
Good job Flex. Gally was de greatest!
If Gally was the greatest we would have qualified for 1990,instead he couldn't find a way to do so.TT was playing against the most boring and defensive team in COCCACAF...USA,they couldn't score a goal to save their bloody lives and had the worst record of goals scored to qualify for a WC.
Gally messed up by not playing one of our best players and only professional Nakhid,that was a mistake.I saw that match and our players were holding on to the ball much too long giving the US defence to nuff time to re-group,didn't Gally see that and try to change,the TT wingers were also trying to dance to the calypso beat to much,we lost coz Gally come up against a team that planned to defend and Gally should have known that and not opened up so dam early in the game to give the US their chance of scoring,which they did.

Frico, yes, blame Gally for the lose. But Gally did one of the best preparation for a WC squad TT have ever seen. He had them men from start to finish. He made them believe in themselves. Them men was going Central American and taking on them teams with confidence. Our present can't do that.

Beenieman came in midway and perform the ultimate miracle. Hooray. Can't complain. The team Gally had on the field was the perfect for him and everybody else. They were winning with that team right thru. Should David have been on the team. I say yes, but Gally said otherwise. Is his team. He in control. If you were the coach you would have had David and drop someone else and you would have gotten flak for that.

I think Gally's mistake in 89 was not to bring the team in POS the night before the match. That long  ride from deep south with people stopping them on the way was what I think did them in. They were emotionally spent by the time they reach the stadium. They took too long to settle down. The rest is history. The strike squad was a great team. Yes I have meh bias with the 74 team because I was around with them. But I would not take anything away from them and Gally. I think that team was probably more talented that the 06 team but the lessons of the Strike Squad unfilled journey propelled the Warriors to find the will to win. Plus Dwight and Latas who were on the Strike Squad were the perfect foundation stone for The Warriors.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2011, 09:19:37 AM »
If Gally was the greatest we would have qualified for 1990,instead he couldn't find a way to do so.TT was playing against the most boring and defensive team in COCCACAF...USA,they couldn't score a goal to save their bloody lives and had the worst record of goals scored to qualify for a WC.
Gally messed up by not playing one of our best players and only professional Nakhid,that was a mistake.I saw that match and our players were holding on to the ball much too long giving the US defence to nuff time to re-group,didn't Gally see that and try to change,the TT wingers were also trying to dance to the calypso beat to much,we lost coz Gally come up against a team that planned to defend and Gally should have known that and not opened up so dam early in the game to give the US their chance of scoring,which they did.

Frico, yes, blame Gally for the lose. But Gally did one of the best preparation for a WC squad TT have ever seen. He had them men from start to finish. He made them believe in themselves. Them men was going Central American and taking on them teams with confidence. Our present can't do that.

Beenieman came in midway and perform the ultimate miracle. Hooray. Can't complain. The team Gally had on the field was the perfect for him and everybody else. They were winning with that team right thru. Should David have been on the team. I say yes, but Gally said otherwise. Is his team. He in control. If you were the coach you would have had David and drop someone else and you would have gotten flak for that.

I think Gally's mistake in 89 was not to bring the team in POS the night before the match. That long  ride from deep south with people stopping them on the way was what I think did them in. They were emotionally spent by the time they reach the stadium. They took too long to settle down. The rest is history. The strike squad was a great team. Yes I have meh bias with the 74 team because I was around with them. But I would not take anything away from them and Gally. I think that team was probably more talented that the 06 team but the lessons of the Strike Squad unfilled journey propelled the Warriors to find the will to win. Plus Dwight and Latas who were on the Strike Squad were the perfect foundation stone for The Warriors.

Ditto. And this we all know only in hindsight. Gally should be emulated. May his tribe increase.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2011, 09:48:05 AM »

Agreed. That trek from Forest Reserve in a hot maxi to the Stadium played a major factor in the defeat. Having to deal with the crowds along the way placed additional pressure on them.

Burn Boots

« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2011, 10:51:28 AM »
So,Gally should just take up the team and head into Port of Spain with the  place like a carnival, no place to stay, food, etc.
The Govt. gave a holiday before the game even play and Gally wasn't into all that NAR politics that the team encountered along the way.
sources have it that Ollie Camps was the manager who told Gally and the squad that the TTFA said that they had no money. After the lost, Jack became president of CONCACAF  and Ollie President of TTFA.
Gally was the "FALL GUY."
Remember the overcrowding of the stadium?
Allyuh still believe that we coulda win that game?
Remember the Philbert Jones penalty that wasn't given?
Is the same Jack who just had to resign from FIFA.
Is over twenty -years we talking about, not nine days.
come fellas, get real, is 2011.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2011, 11:44:24 AM »
Boots we can argue all your points. Some may have merits!. Overcrowded stadium. Ok. TTFA fault all the way. The penalty!  Well the ref did not give it. I thought I was a penalty. The man in charge thought differently.
But As far as I saw, there was no conspiracy. We lost that game fair and square.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2011, 08:57:04 PM »

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline OutsideMan

• Many bad things. *Sips Scotch*
  • Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2011, 09:59:48 PM »
WOW the strike squad was no joke. NEVER MISSED A GAME BACK IN THE DAY. Wish they could find the game against Norway from the Oval

Actually the Strike Squad never played Norway.  They played Finland at the oval. 
The dumbest people on earth are generally located in comment sections of websites all over the world.

Offline OutsideMan

• Many bad things. *Sips Scotch*
  • Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2011, 10:03:44 PM »
I went to all those Strike Squad games in T&T as a teen, including that damn one vs the USA on Nov 19th 1989.  20 yrs later I still steuppsing.  *smh*

That original Strike Squad will always be my team though, and Gally, my favorite coach.

Good job posting this Flex. 
The dumbest people on earth are generally located in comment sections of websites all over the world.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2011, 05:33:33 AM »
I been searching for that Jamerson goal vs guatemala in the stadium for years.
Flex  allyuh have access to highlights of the game vs vilnius zalgiris that they won 4-2 and the game vs Finlnd that they won 2-0?
Inspired shit.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2011, 08:41:14 AM »
Flex, Gally -  :applause:

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2011, 11:48:35 AM »

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2011, 12:41:26 PM »

flex you got the games against Costa Rica and the big one nov 19 1989 ... i want to see that game over
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #45 on: August 14, 2011, 02:43:04 PM »

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 14, 2011, 10:33:52 PM »
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 11:30:17 PM by theworm2345 »

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 15, 2011, 07:10:24 AM »

Wait nah, Dexter Francis score a bicycle on Panama they - SWEET !!!!!!!!!!!

Allyuh eh see de beat Hutson Charles put on de Costa Rican....  :rotfl:
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 16, 2011, 11:58:05 AM »
Nobody could tell me this team wasn't good!!!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 16, 2011, 06:06:07 PM »
Great team!!!!!!

Offline santacruz

• Full Warrior
  • This year is the Dutch year!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 16, 2011, 07:47:08 PM »
i was a ball boy fuh ken elie in dem days! will never fuhget that guatemala game! get buff from jamerson in that game fuh not handing him the ball quickly enough! memories!!!!!!
Fatima old boy graduate in '95 from Form 5, '97 from Form 6, lived in Santa Cruz.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 16, 2011, 08:38:38 PM »
 :'(  We had players and a will.  Fight own Warriors.  We will rise again. 
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Leonson Lewis bicycle vs USA.
« Reply #52 on: August 20, 2011, 02:13:12 PM »
Well, actually part off.. ...  :angel:

PS: Post will be merged with the others soon.

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Leonson Lewis bicycle vs USA.
« Reply #53 on: August 20, 2011, 02:28:13 PM »
Thanks for posting Flex. This brings back memories of my childhood. I remember hearing this song almost 24/7 for two months leading up to November 19.

Offline Conquering Lion

• Tell me how can a man who doh know his roots form his own ideology?
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2011, 02:29:43 PM »
Thanks for posting Flex. This brings back memories of my childhood. I remember hearing this song almost 24/7 for two months leading up to November 19.

I like the credits....... ;D :beermug: :beermug:
We fire de old set ah managers we had wukkin..and iz ah new group we went and we bring in. And if the goods we require de new managers not supplying, when election time come back round iz new ones we bringin. For iz one ting about my people I can guarantee..They will never ever vote party b4 country

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 20, 2011, 04:23:26 PM »
How things have changed. :(

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 20, 2011, 06:02:44 PM »
Oh my gosh !!!!!

I love this..... like how you edit this vids ttt Flex.

Thanks Flex, big up to Gally for providing the vids...

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 20, 2011, 06:13:15 PM »
When yuh see Latas just rippin' through sides in the region, it's just a harsh reminder that we doh have players like that again jed....Nobody on T&T side doin' dem ting again...
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 20, 2011, 06:35:13 PM »
Flex nice one ... This further reinforces my belief that at present, no one comes close to replacing Latas in the center mid...

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 20, 2011, 08:12:06 PM »
Flex leonson scored a bicycle kick vs us in the gold cup and we lose 2-1 in that game do you have that video I dunno if it was the 95 gold cup  ...cant find it on the web at all :(

1]; } ?>