April 28, 2024, 02:18:19 PM

Author Topic: Roberts: not a cent from Ministry for TTFF.  (Read 6126 times)

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Roberts: not a cent from Ministry for TTFF.
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2011, 11:09:49 AM »
Clearly there is a distrust between the people, the gov't and the TTFF....  That still, Anil is all fricken talk...  I agree with accountability but this cyar wok and won't wok....This is clearly an attempt to make sure the TTFF change their ways which I agree with.  However, I'll ask the question, could this not cause us to be sanctioned by FIFA as gov't interference?  Again, I'm simply asking a question not not saying what is right or wrong?
Arimian to meh heart

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2011, 11:12:02 AM »
Brothers and sisters, clearly this is a case where even Ministers does consult this board for information and platforms to make decisions by. no i'm not being naive into thinking this was all love motivated and caring and all that shit however even slavery was abolished after they figured out it couldn't work satisfactorily anymore. So de mark buss and fellas following to suit. I say well done Anil but more importantly I say well done SWN, Flex, Lasana, Fazeer and everybody else who has been putting pressure to help bring about this outcome because had the pressure not raise, Jack in or out, this move woulda never take place. This shows that the people are in power but only when they take the bulls by the horns and decide enough is enough. That is de way I see it.
Long live the SWN!

I see it in a different light.  Is not now they reading this board. I see it from the fact that everything Jack did for football in T&T, there was something in it for him. A favor here and there , a kickback, tief a lil bit here.. etc etc. When Jack was in TTFF, the Gov't was all about funding preparations for Brazil (which I didn't agree with),now Jack out of TTFF and all of a sudden the Govt backpeddling on their initial commitment. They miraculously realise what a big black hole the TTFF is.

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2011, 11:16:27 AM »
Jack lost his ranks, so now big mouth cud talk.

You really think so ?

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Jack will raise again !!!!
Jack Warner will rise again and the world will beg him him to return and he will say "NO".............

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2011, 11:50:38 AM »
 However, I'll ask the question, could this not cause us to be sanctioned by FIFA as gov't interference?  Again, I'm simply asking a question not not saying what is right or wrong?

This is the first thing that ran threw meh mind. The rule is more based on religous views more than anything however if the TTFF was to completely removed themselves it maybe raise a few eyebrows and lead to a full fledge FIFA investigation.

When Anil say TTFF was the worse organization that was probably an understatement. If the USANT can partner with Coke, AA, Nike etc and TTFF can't even get anyone to sponsor anything?

Suggestion re-establish the a new organization called it anything but TTFF and start getting sponsors asap.
It is not fair to the people of Trinidad and Tobago tax payers to fund for a team just for entertainment and national pride. If the team is sucessful we don't get anything from that especailly when it have cyle leon, bleeder etc running around like a dummie wearing our national colors.. I rather not be represented.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2011, 12:04:36 PM »
Bake n Shark,you have surprised me with that gutter language you have directed at me I leave such verbals for people like Trinity Cross,you an elder statesmam of this MB should show a bit more class.I can only assume that certain types of behaviour are genetic so maybe you cant help certain re-actions.Tell yuh the truth mate I think you'll be happey if I cuss yuh to so kerry yuh fugly bald head rass.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2011, 12:15:12 PM »
Camps should turn around and ask Roberst about SporTT to, de company they invented to swindle money.

Trinidad could win de who could thief de most competition.

Anyone remember FCoTT? That was another one of those swindle money companies on the private sector (JW's) side.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2011, 12:22:28 PM »
sHOTTA, this is govt assistance, not interference.

This is govt interference: "Suggestion re-establish the a new organization called it anything but TTFF and start getting sponsors asap. It is not fair to the people of Trinidad and Tobago tax payers to fund for a team just for entertainment and national pride."

As was mentioned, Camps can say no thanks if he wants.

But on the subject of Camps, Elan, this in not correct: "Camps though care, he still getting things done, even if the money eh coming in he pocket, he still savvy enough to get the Government to pay he bills."

Camps has been publically declared a eunich. He's in charge of an organisation that he no longer has control of. There is no money for TTFF salaries, no money for fancy lunch meetings or first class travel, no money for rent, utilities or coconut water in the fridge. His only option is to read his job responsibilities and go out and get funding. However, after this, no one will trust him with a thin dime. His position really is untenable, but then its been like that for a while, but he's too dense to realise.  

He now has to send a sensible proposal for every dollar needed, and none of it will pass through TTFF. Essentially, all those deadheads will be working for free.

As for Pfister, if I was earning US$50,000 p.m. I'd walk to Venezuela to collect my cheque each month!

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2011, 12:42:12 PM »
well i hope is just not all talk anil spewin and he really put tings in place to fund d football

Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

AirMan

« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2011, 12:45:08 PM »
So Anil just figured this ?..When Jack was part of the TTFF he didnt know this ? ..for now it seems lke a good move but I will sit back and watch with caution.

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2011, 01:01:07 PM »
But this is garbage. This open the door to even more bobolry. If this was true and I was Camps and the TTFF, AND ANIL, the next step is to suddenly and dutifully produce all the contracts.  However,  these contracts have a cut for the TTFF, built in or specified. Nutten change, same thing, different day, EXCEPT that Anil, the Gov't and the TTFF looking like they solve a problem and come out looking good. Money still changing hands, Camps and co. eh going nowhere, and the sheeple of TnT get bamboozle again.

How can the TTFF, a private entity, negotiate a contract between themselves and somebody, and then the check come from government? Is this even legal. and so what, the TTFF will be working(negotiating contracts) for free?

Or is there another contract for another check for the TTFF that Anil figures doesn't need to be mentioned? Don't be fooled people. Nothing has changed.

Furthermore, Anil boldly states loud and clear that the TTFF is bankrupt because Camps says so. I guess Camps is a judge now too. Therefore if Govt gives TTFF any money, they will use it to pay off creditors, namely, the 2006 warriors. So what Anil really saying, is that the Warriors eh getting paid. Who side allyuh really feel Anil on? He change all of ah sudden so and allyuh falling fuh it? I'm surprised.

Don't be fooled people...NUTTEN HAS CHANGED!!!
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 01:11:29 PM by Socafan »
Two islands are better than one.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2011, 01:05:51 PM »
sHOTTA, this is govt assistance, not interference.

This is govt interference: "Suggestion re-establish the a new organization called it anything but TTFF and start getting sponsors asap. It is not fair to the people of Trinidad and Tobago tax payers to fund for a team just for entertainment and national pride."

As was mentioned, Camps can say no thanks if he wants.

But on the subject of Camps, Elan, this in not correct: "Camps though care, he still getting things done, even if the money eh coming in he pocket, he still savvy enough to get the Government to pay he bills."

Camps has been publically declared a eunich. He's in charge of an organisation that he no longer has control of. There is no money for TTFF salaries, no money for fancy lunch meetings or first class travel, no money for rent, utilities or coconut water in the fridge. His only option is to read his job responsibilities and go out and get funding. However, after this, no one will trust him with a thin dime. His position really is untenable, but then its been like that for a while, but he's too dense to realise.  

He now has to send a sensible proposal for every dollar needed, and none of it will pass through TTFF. Essentially, all those deadheads will be working for free.

As for Pfister, if I was earning US$50,000 p.m. I'd walk to Venezuela to collect my cheque each month!

Yeah, he still getting money to run the federation from the government.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Trinitozbone

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2011, 01:08:08 PM »
Anil come back with a  bang ! He knows people are not too happy with this current bunch of jokers in the TTFf.
I would like him to give us a report on his coaching role in China and his protégée ! I think I heard he came 7th out of 8 swimmers! And Anil  said he is the best coach in the Caribbean? LOL!
Let us hear about China and while you were away the PM said you have to choose! You can't be swim coach and minister of Sport! Conflict of interest!

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2011, 01:16:21 PM »
Now ah was by de hairdresser dis morning and as ah leaving ah see de headline on the papers in the shop and thought well yes, Camps in trouble for sure now......but now that ah get over the initial shock and I've read the article ah iffy bout how ah feel.....

Ah mean is not NOW de TTFF is the worst run NSO, Anil only realise this last night??  ???  ::)....alright is true Jack NOW in de dog house in FIFA and government but ah still find it hard to swallow that he didn't grow a pair until Jack reach dog house status.  What is Anil's motive??

........hhhhhhhhmmmm ah watching this one with cautious optimism......plenty caution..... :thinking:  Let me read de article again and again and again...... :thinking:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2011, 01:17:23 PM »

You really think so ?

Come in the sweat tomorrow nah......so ah could tap yuh in de back ah yuh head.....
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 06, 2011, 01:47:43 PM »
AS far as i see it, this only covers salaries for the coaching staff and players, but doesn't cover travel expenses, equipment, gear, security, match day expenses for the NT and their opponents, venue expenses and so forth.

all the rest must be funded by either cooperate sponsors or the private sector, else is back to square one. camps really have tuh put his shoulders to the wheel and start pounding the pavement looking for hand outs/ sponsorship, that or throw some serious stage shows tuh make ends meet.

i have ah sneaky feeling that jack was behind anil on this one. IMO he (jack) must have encouraged him to put pressure on the lazy a$$ TTFF. i remember ah few months ago where jack was urging camps to pull his weight or give up the post.

i think warner must have grown tired of these losers and realize that they are just totes weighing down on his back with him always have to assume the role as toter.

with all this hooplah, i don't think things would change one iota if ollie camps were to resign. i'm of the opinion that there's ah need for ah total regime change, and also a total change in the football constitution of trinidad and tobago into a fair democratic open federation.

personally, i don't see ollie camps lasting another yr in this position, there's no reason too. with FIFA on his tail, court proceedings from 2006 WC bonus and now no government bail out, what's the point of all that?

as for cleaning up T&T football and having it run smooth, this could and would take a while, maybe some of us may not live to see the day when T&T on the whole as ah nation finally get it's act together.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #45 on: August 06, 2011, 01:55:47 PM »
I suppose no one is uncomfortable with government funding of football?

i am wondering if this can be classified as interference, because it sure is walking that tight rope  :o

not to mention, that jw is still apart of the govt that is funding the football

Stop talking shit nah how is this 'walking that tight rope'?  He who pays the piper names the tune... if government is to be putting money in then government has a right to demand accountability.  Nobody forcing TTFF hand, they always free to turn down the money therefore this cannot even remotely be considered "interference".

Other observations... completely agree that this is a good move, but not enough for anybody to be celebrating.  Anil wait ah whole 15 months to finally open he mouth and say something?  Steups.  Crying shame that Otto have to trek down to MoS every month to pick up he paycheck like some ordinary day laborer.

I keep hearing lots of people on this MB denigrate this man is it possible that he is talking some sense.I dont know much about TT politics apart from what I read on this MB,to me he seems to be making sense.It seems like we may still have an outside chance of going to Brazil,I hope so.

Which is why yuh need to shut yuh f**king nannyhole when big people talking.

who said i disagreed with Roberts decision? learn to read before you post garbage on my post please

i think its a great idea, however, FIFA has certain rules against government intervention, instead of playing you know everything, invest the time in researching and spend less time proof reading  and exposing your insecurity  8)

some may be very trusting, I choose to weigh on the side of caution just like asylum seeker

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 06, 2011, 02:04:57 PM »
Don't fall for this shit. Everybody and dey granny know for donkey tears now that TTFF corrupt and cannot be trusted with tax-payers money, but Anil sounding like he just figure this out yesterday.

This is the problem when you dont stand by your principles or have none, when you allow your integrity to be compromised or you simply have no substance. You drift in what ever direction the breeze blow and make the easy and popular decisions. I am not impressed by this sudden 'revelation', Anil and them have no shame. Whey he was all this time? under a f**kng rock?

Ah now see yuh post and ah have no choice but to...... :applause: :applause:  :beermug:
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 06, 2011, 02:12:13 PM »
I keep hearing lots of people on this MB denigrate this man is it possible that he is talking some sense.I dont know much about TT politics apart from what I read on this MB,to me he seems to be making sense.It seems like we may still have an outside chance of going to Brazil,I hope so.

jack loss he bite. So Anil free to say what he want. Good move by him , for once!

:beermug:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 06, 2011, 03:30:36 PM »
who said i disagreed with Roberts decision? learn to read before you post garbage on my post please

i think its a great idea, however, FIFA has certain rules against government intervention, instead of playing you know everything, invest the time in researching and spend less time proof reading  and exposing your insecurity  8)

some may be very trusting, I choose to weigh on the side of caution just like asylum seeker

You read something written in simple English, accessible to the average 8-year old... and somehow come away with an understanding totally unrelated to anything I said.  Then in the sweetest of ironies you have the gall on top of that to charge me with learning to read.  I am also shamed by the ease with which you've been able to diagnose my insecurity... you're right I should be more secure in myself by allowing you to type yuh shit and yet resist responding to it.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 06:17:36 PM by Bakes »

Offline benedicts bwoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 06, 2011, 03:58:43 PM »
When ah read the article, ah say,' ......Self, Anil making good forkin sense! But where was he when Jack was takin he ass on trips when the NT was playin? Why he couldna say something then"?  Den ah say,'look around,look around cause it have caca to come'!  ;)

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 06, 2011, 06:54:50 PM »
Don't fall for this shit. Everybody and dey granny know for donkey tears now that TTFF corrupt and cannot be trusted with tax-payers money, but Anil sounding like he just figure this out yesterday.

This is the problem when you dont stand by your principles or have none, when you allow your integrity to be compromised or you simply have no substance. You drift in what ever direction the breeze blow and make the easy and popular decisions. I am not impressed by this sudden 'revelation', Anil and them have no shame. Whey he was all this time? under a f**kng rock?

Ah now see yuh post and ah have no choice but to...... :applause: :applause:  :beermug:

Exactly. Dis a case where the wrong person do the right thing so it looking very wrong.

Dis like Chuck Glazer selling out Jack.

But lets see how this goes.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 06, 2011, 08:07:20 PM »
WHATTTTTTT !!!!!!!I want to know what dey does put in de water in China so i could bottle it and sell yes ! A man supporting he pardner in an indefensible that even de " boss " found hard to take , yet he went on a trip and come back all knowing ??

I have one question for de minister yes ...from whence cometh thy wisdom ?

You born here grow up here , was involved in sports all these years and suddenly after leaving de country you now know that you kyah put money in de TTFF hands because it will disappear into de same hole dat it was falling into all dese years ? ...and you found that out simply by going to China ??

I tell you ...everybody have mouth now ! jack on de table now boy ....everybody know how to play now !

I look forward to the minister's comments on the " pay de players impasse " .... I wonder if he go suddenly come to he senses bout dat too ? ...Poor Oliver ..he had to come back for more .... he had his chance but Jack must be convince him to stay ...now Jack saying ...I tell dem Pay de players !! You tink it easy ........

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 06, 2011, 09:11:11 PM »
I suppose no one is uncomfortable with government funding of football?

i am wondering if this can be classified as interference, because it sure is walking that tight rope  :o

not to mention, that jw is still apart of the govt that is funding the football

I wouldn't call this interefence because the government not approving the contract.  They just verifiying it and paying the money directly without it going through middle men.  Way to go, Anil.  Long overdue. 
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 06, 2011, 09:12:35 PM »

You really think so ?

Not in football because he will have to answer for all the past deeds.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 07, 2011, 12:41:07 AM »
Well, this is a refreshing turn of events. I am in complete agreement with the Minister's comments. He should go to China more often.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 07, 2011, 01:38:50 AM »
 :applause:   Let's get it done.  Country first, small thing last.
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Trinitozbone

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 07, 2011, 07:59:47 AM »
Did I hear the Minister say that the TTFF should provide contracts and they would pay? Could they just hire anybody most of them recruited  under questionable circumstances and by a questionable technical adviser Look Loy who was doing Jack's bidding and they will just pay? Do they expect to get the best results with that group? What has Anton Corneal  done to deserve a $120,000 a month salary? What work has his father been doing to get him that wuk? And latapy out in the cold? A dangerous trend that must be stopped !
This is taxpayers money and we must have the best available local technical resources to work with the team! Pellerud was another failure with the under 17 girls and he is getting $120,000 ! These people can't get that in their own country! Come on T&T  wake up!
Anil this whole process was flawed and must be revisited! We want value for money!

1]; } ?>